Home
I saw this on the way to work this morning. I still have no idea how he got that up there
[Linked Image]
I still have no idea how he got that up there

Long ramps
Note to idiot driver: Trailers work (and are much cheaper than the window glass you'll need when you romp across a bump.)
I can see this in a future owners manual.

CRUSHING HAZARD

"Do not place snowmobile on roof"
I used to carry my race kart on a roof rack, but it was only ~120#'s and even with two people wasn't that much fun to load or unload.

Now a 450# snowmachine?
As usual, a Honda getting a Polaris home. grin
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Note to idiot driver: Trailers work (and are much cheaper than the window glass you'll need when you romp across a bump.)

Note that he's got an Idaho tag, not that all Idaho drivers are idiots, but ... Perhaps he just got a running start on a ramp (like a ski ramp) and landed on the roof. That would explain it.
I like that 300 lb test strap keeping up there when he hits the brake.
Originally Posted by eyeball
I like that 300 lb test strap keeping up there when he hits the brake.

He used the log chain to hold down in the front. Duh....
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I can see this in a future owners manual.

CRUSHING HAZARD

"Do not place snowmobile on roof"

This as a result of the $10 million settlement. Lawsuits shouldn't be allowed for stupidity.
You work with what you've got.
The HOnda civic had 143 HP. The Polaris RMK 800 had 160hp.
You guys see it as dumb and i see it as very ingenious.Opinions vary. ED K
Originally Posted by Raeford
As usual, a Honda getting a Polaris home. grin

That's just WRONG wink
Don't need no stinkin diesel pickup truck!!!
Probably a recent import from, say, California, Portland, New Yawk City, etc, spending his/her first winter in the Rockies.
You saying he got a little overboard on the whole winter survival kit for the car?
Do you think this affects the center of gravity and the cornering ability?
Of the car or the snowmobile? confused
Originally Posted by jnyork
Probably a recent import from, say, California, Portland, New Yawk City, etc, spending his/her first winter in the Rockies.

Usually it's the inbred locals that pull the truly epic stunts.
That's nothing. Y'all should see what north roaders do!

(KP guys will understand)
And my wimpy old Explorer has a 100 pound limit on the built in roof rack. laugh
Originally Posted by nighthawk
And my wimpy old Explorer has a 100 pound limit on the built in roof rack. laugh

The "roof rack" in the photo is a piece of plywood.
Must be related to these people....
[Linked Image]
Me thinks they've watched one too many episodes of Ice Road Truckers.
Where there's a will, there's a way. Good for them.
I've seen snowbirds heading south with a 30' camper and an 18' I/O boat...including the trailer...on top of the truck. They set them up their with a crane and unload them in Baja or wherever they're going for the winter. Of course a 1 ton will handle the weight but that's still a lot of it way up high.
© 24hourcampfire