Home
Let's crash the market for 22 LR ammo starting today!

According to the press releases from manufactures of 22 LR ammo they're cranking it out just as fast as they can.

Prices for 22 LR are still outrageous because of hoarders and speculators of this ammo are buying up stocks at way over valued prices.

Together we can pop this 22 LR bubble!

Make a personal pledge not to buy even a single round of 22 LR until June of 2015.

Nothing, nada, not one single round of 22 LR from nobody, from nowhere for any reason.

If someone offers you a brick of 500 rounds for $12.00 on May 15, tell you'll get in touch with them on June 1.

Please copy and post this to other shooting websites you frequent.

Mods - please make this a "sticky"

Thanks,

-bob
Walked into Academy yesterday and they had a huge stack of 22LR.

Sorry, but I picked some up for Christmas stocking stuffers, so nice idea but count me out. smile
But that was yesterday, before you knew of the Plan.... jump onboard anytime... smile
I'd bet the persons responsible aren't reading this thread, much less this forum.
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
I'd bet the persons responsible aren't reading this thread, much less this forum.

Yup.
OPEC needs to get involved. laugh
What good will this do?
I have yet to 'walk in and find stacks of .22 LR for sale'

If I were to find any for sale, the shock would probably kill me.
went to runnings in rapid city yesterday they had stacks of .22 lr
bought a brick of 325 for 19.99

I thought that was still high but I bought some for the first time in 2 years just because.
I've been seeing fairly good supply at several LGS, prices still too high IMO.
$50 for brick of plain Remington and Federal.
I'm not going to have to decide not to buy any. Somebody else has decided that for me by not providing any for me to buy�
OK, I won't buy any until at least 1 June.

I won't buy until its back to normal. I haven't bought any, other than a few specialty boxes for a new aquisition, in probably 15 years....
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
OK, I won't buy any until at least 1 June.

I'm in...

[Linked Image]
This would leave more for the other hoarders.
I'm still trying to figure out why I need 10,000+ rounds of .22 rimfire. crazy
If this works you can get back to your main plan of everyone not buying gas one particular day and bakrupting the oil companies.
Let's see, there are what 25,000 members here. 5 million gun owners + in the U.S. We can sure make dent in that huh? Hell some of the worse ones that buy every 22RF they can find, post right here on Campfire
there's a better way to crash the market

it's just like stocks

sell all you have!
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Let's crash the market for 22 LR ammo starting today!

According to the press releases from manufactures of 22 LR ammo they're cranking it out just as fast as they can.

Prices for 22 LR are still outrageous because of hoarders and speculators of this ammo are buying up stocks at way over valued prices.

Together we can pop this 22 LR bubble!

Make a personal pledge not to buy even a single round of 22 LR until June of 2015.

Nothing, nada, not one single round of 22 LR from nobody, from nowhere for any reason.

If someone offers you a brick of 500 rounds for $12.00 on May 15, tell you'll get in touch with them on June 1.

Please copy and post this to other shooting websites you frequent.

Mods - please make this a "sticky"

Thanks,

-bob

You must be sitting on a huge stash. grin
Not only am I no longer buying 22LR, I'm not buying any more Unique, Power Pistol, or RL 15 either.

Who is with me?

Leave it on the shelves. I'm standing with you. All of you.

Travis
Tell me where you normally shop whistle
Originally Posted by snubbie

Second that. My belief hoarders need to seek professional help. For they have mental issues. I don't plan on buying any 22 for years.
I'm in, but it's a lame promise because I probably wouldn't have bought any regardless. I'm down to one .22 rifle and one .22 revolver - and I haven't pulled either trigger in several years.
Originally Posted by deflave
Not only am I no longer buying 22LR, I'm not buying any more Unique, Power Pistol, or RL 15 either.

Who is with me?

Travis

Do you want me to sell that Power Pistol powder I got for you?
Haven't purchased bullets, powder or brass since 2011. No 22LR since early 2013 and have enough to last for at least five years. So ya count me in.
I haven't bought any 22lr in three years. Hell haven't seen any on the shelf at the lgs in two years. Did see $60 bricks at the gun show.
I refuse to pay scalper prices!
That being said I do have several thousand rounds, I stocked up a bit after Obama got elected the first time.
All this nonsense has cut down my use of 22lr.
Thats ok I made up for it shooting my centerfires. smile
So you can count me in!

I read a post by Billy Goat Gruff [ I think] recently that stated he planned on shooting a 5 gallon bucket of .22 over the summer. That is a great plan and I may have that much in my stash. I can refrain from purchasing more until June 1. Now all I have to do is get off my ass and shoot.

mike r
I haven't bought any in probably 5 years, and haven't shot any in probably two years. I only have a about 2,000 rounds, and given I went from about a 500/week habit 6 or 7 years ago, I might have been better off with a crack addiction.

Some people have kids and stop drinking and partying, I have kids and stop shooting.

The oldest is 2.5 years old in a couple of years my .22 consumption may go way up.
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I read a post by Billy Goat Gruff [ I think] recently that stated he planned on shooting a 5 gallon bucket of .22 over the summer. That is a great plan and I may have that much in my stash. I can refrain from purchasing more until June 1. Now all I have to do is get off my ass and shoot.

mike r

if i did my math right that should be 16,225 rounds

550 round federal value pack is 3.5"x2.8"x4" and that is 39.2 cubic inches

one gallon is 231 cubic in

so 5 gallons is 1155 cubic in.

1155/39.2=29.5

29.5*550=16,225

so a 550 round box of Federal 36 grain weighs 3.96 Lbs, in box 4.2 Lbs according to the manufacture

3.96*29.5=116.8

116.8 lbs of .22 RF in a five gallon bucket

so that's 19,800 grains of lead, or 2Lbs, 13.25oz. of lead per box or

83.43 LBs of lead per bucket

so at Scrap prices

That's $66.08 worth of lead.

WyoCowboy:
That sounds like a slightly better than average spring ground squirrel season here. I load single shot, and a brick a day is about right.

I saw some CCI's in Sportsman Warehouse for $12.00+ a hundred this past weekend. First I've seen in near 3 years. I saw the writing on the wall in 2008 and stocked up then.

I've also pulled the firearms and put the ammo in the safe.
Originally Posted by NathanL
If this works you can get back to your main plan of everyone not buying gas one particular day and bakrupting the oil companies.

Beat me to it

To do your part in inflating prices!

Actually 10K is not hoarding, and will be the currency of the apocalypse.
I recall a particular field in Utah, so heavily infested with ground squirrels that growing any crop there was futile. I shot it several times each Spring with one other guy. We called this 100x300 yard strip of pests the "Two Bricker" because we could each shoot a full brick (500 rounds) walking out, and another one on the walk back. And when we'd fired all 2,000 rounds and looked back, we could tell no difference in the number of scurrying bodies in sight. (No, that's not because we missed a lot. Neither of us missed many at all.)

I'd hate to know what such a day would cost us now.
Originally Posted by deflave

Who is with me?

Travis
I'm in, let's do this.
conradka: I do not take advice from nor do I respect the opinions of anyone living in kalifornicopia - for the obvious reasons!
PERIOD!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I havnt played their game so far and don't plan to...
The horders will get stuck with that and be wanting pennies on the dollar.
I haven't bought any since before O'losers 1st election, shot my stash down to approx 2,000 rds and quit shooting .22 except to kill stuff.

Don't plan on buying anything but high end match, made offshore anyway, anytime soon.

Mike
Mosy places where 22 ammo is very hard to impossable to get, are places full of idots

This is just one reason, others have more.......

My six grandchildren, three boys, three girls just love shooting the .22 rifles. It's a brick or two every outing we have at the farm. My son and I don't get too much shooting done other than demonstration and training.
WyoCowboy, I'll bet you are a fun guy on a roadtrip. Now I will have to start buying more. That 5 gal bucket load now is starting to sound like work and I only have 2 .22 rifles.

note to self: buy a new stainless 10-22 breakdown and a buttload more stingers.

mike r
Originally Posted by NathanL

OPEC may have beaten him to the punch.

Jim
© 24hourcampfire