Home
I bought myself a new reloading press
Wife bought me a fancy new GPS...
Mrs. Tide bought a Ruger American Ranch for me. I'd been looking for a 300 Blackout in the little Ruger. When we ran up on one in a Sportsmans Warehouse, she bought it for me.

I sho do love that woman....
New Stihl Chainsaw.
Having the smith screw another rifle together...
This was my Christmas last Thursday morning....EARLY!!

[Linked Image]KanBuc1 by Sharps45 2 7/8, on Flickr
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Mrs. Tide bought a Ruger American Ranch for me. I'd been looking for a 300 Blackout in the little Ruger. When we ran up on one in a Sportsmans Warehouse, she bought it for me.

I sho do love that woman....

That's the same rifle I've been wanting and have had on order for a month now from my LGS. Should be great for suppressed hog killing here at the Ranch, and a light low recoil rifles for my nieces & nephews to use for culling does over our feeders, too.
Looks like I'm gonna either have to drive to Dallas and locate one, or buy myself something else for Christmas. Please let us know how your RAR in 300 Blackout shoots, when you get a chance to finally try it out.
A new 13' spey rod and reel plus a new 10' 8wt single hand rod as a bonus prize just because I could.
New Bird & Trout knife.
From me, to me.

[Linked Image]
Nice deer, tenderloin for xmas supper.
Nice buck ya got there RMulhren. Congrats. Bought myself a new Fender Telecaster to fool around on. Neat guitar. Got that country twang I like.
S & W 686 pro line.
Happy with that little gift.
Originally Posted by RMulhern

That's really a nice buck!! Good job.
I was considering a new 50th Anniversary Mustang for Christmas to go along with my '65 convertible, but decided to buy a used one in three years (Dave Ramsey disciple.)

If you like Mustangs and haven't seeen the new 2015 model, it is worth a trip to your local Ford dealership. I wish i could figure out how to justify owning three Mustangs. smile

In the meantime . . .

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Object of my affection . . . 50th Anniversary edition!

[Linked Image]
Ordered a 2015 Harley Road King
Have seen the 2015 Mustang and I think they managed to ruin them in the past 5 years just like the new pickups! Ford seriously needs to hire some new designers cause they offer nothing but ugly across their entire product line.
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

That is a nice one, look at the bases!

Way to go RM!
Just a new tool to use.

2015 Ram 2500 4x4 diesel. smile

Heckuva buck! Good job!
I always figured if it's better to give than to receive than giving to yourself is the best of both worlds! laugh

So Merry Xmas to me...

[Linked Image]
Nice stuff all around!

Who made that bird and trout!

Mike
Decided to hire someone to do the drywall in the house I'm working on.
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Nice stuff all around!

Who made that bird and trout!

Mike

Hess,,,, some of the old Marbels employee's started their own company.
Great knife at a great price if you like traditional stuff.
HK 45..couldn't pass on the price crazy
Thanks Fieldgrade!

Mike
Originally Posted by keystoneben

Same here plus a painter.
I tried, but FedEx lost my pkg.

I bought myself the climbing safety harness I wanted! blush
I gave each of my three sons a hand gun that I hadn't used in a while. Two got S&W automatics the other got a S&W revolver. I told them that there were no strings, I didn't care if they kept the handguns forever or sold them tomorrow. Seeing them wonder what was going on, then getting excited and appreciating the gift was worth way more to me than they will know until they do it to their sons one day.

I might have to do it again. I have a few rifles I haven't shot in a long while.
"Christmas!"
A new set of Continental TKC80 tires for my old BMW R80G/S motorcycle.....
Originally Posted by roundoak

Same here plus a painter.

Its my first house and its currently gutted. So the drywall is a big step and it'll feel pretty homely.

Wife says she's doing all the painting though...grin
Sako 75 STW

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

That is a nice one, look at the bases!

Way to go RM!

A better look. My son holding his head up:

[Linked Image]BranKanbk by Sharps45 2 7/8, on Flickr
Wife and I did it a little different this year. We took the last of what we had in the extra money envelope after all the car repairs this month and bought things for our kids and grand kids. At our age we don't need more stuff to pack around and besides, that is what gave us the most joy.
No wife/kids and limited other family so I really am not that big into christmas. I did just get a new job and am moving so likely about to buy myself a new house is about as close as I come.
That would be a pretty good present.

I don't remember if I posted in your new job post but if not congratulations. I am thrilled for you and hope your new job is a perfect fit for you.
surgeon;
Good evening to you sir, hopefully this finds you well and your new press gives you years of good service.

While I picked it up a while ago now, I joked to my wife that when I ordered what might have been the last 6.5x55 brass for sale in BC it was my Christmas present.

Oh, it was a box of 100 Lapua cases and they most certainly do look pretty and come in a fancy container. grin

Anyway, that's the extent of my personal splurges for this season.

All the best to you this Christmas season.

Dwayne
I gave myself a Mike Miller knife and two of Mule Deer's books.

I've been good this year. grin
Sako AV Finnbear Deluxe in .375 H&H Lefty
yep and treated momma at the same time, flew our daughter and granddaughter up here a week ago

all I wanted for Xmas was to see my girls.

feels like it's come and went, but looking forward to delivering gifts and food to a needy family here locally and spending some time at our cabin with our boys.

love this time of year

and yesss that's a heckuva buck...NICE JOB!
Originally Posted by farmer
Sako AV Finnbear Deluxe in .375 H&H Lefty

I have no earthly need for a .375 by any stretch of imagination but man am I envious!
Originally Posted by SmokeEater2
I gave myself a Mike Miller knife and two of Mule Deer's books.

I've been good this year. grin

You must have been REALLY good.
My Mike Miller B&T is one of my most prized possessions.
unfortunately no.....trying to figure out how to get out of here....looking more and more like ill have to sell stuff i never wanted to to do it...
New Montana Rifle left hand ARS in 22-250 blue and walnut
Originally Posted by Scott F
That would be a pretty good present.

I don't remember if I posted in your new job post but if not congratulations. I am thrilled for you and hope your new job is a perfect fit for you.

Thanks, I'm sure it will be a perfect fit. I get to be the boss lol.
Surgeon: I did indeed "treat" myself.
This week I have bought two new, un-papered, pistols.
The first was a Springfield Armory ANIB 1911-A1 Mil-Pac in 45 ACP.
It came with a third set of cocoabola grips and allen screws for the grips.
Don't plan on shooting this one just tuckin it away for a rainy day.
The second pistol is a Colt 22 semi-auto - it is called the "Colt 22". It is a stainless steel pistol with a heavy bull barrel 4 1/2" long. It was made in 1996 and was one of a limited edition made for the 125th anniversary of the founding of the N.R.A. It is new unfired in its original Colt case.
I had never seen one of these before and fell for it.
So I am a bit low on mad money til the end of the month.
But I plan on starting the new year with another paper free gun of some kind.
By the way, Merry Christmas to all on the Campfire.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

FoxPro Wildfire 2. Couldn't resist.
15 x 56 Leica's
I've been a GOOD boy!

Redneck's gonna put me together a 35 Whelen after New Year and the shipping mayhem is over.

Scored me some 7828 (.264 Win) and Vargay (Whelen and 3-oh-8) today.
I treated myself to a Wilson Classic 1911 in June.
Yep, I picked up a manfrotto 294 carbon tripod, and a manfrotto pistol grip head.

Quite a nice package for the spotters around here.
I treated myself a little early this year - LGS had a nice used Kimber Classic Select 257 Roberts I just couldn't walk away from about a month ago. Word around the office has been there would be no year end bonuses this year, but just found out that a select few would get a bonus. Apparently I made the list and had a very unexpected surprise yesterday. I now feel a lot less guilty for buying that rifle I really didn't have extra for at the time, and my attitude at work just improved a bit grin
A Miller 211.
Bought the wife a new Kitchenaid mixer. Up till now, she's been mixing by hand. Now, she'll bake more.

Which is why HER new Kitchenaid is really a present to ME.
congrats on deer
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

From me, to me.

..those are always the best gifts!
S&W 586 and a Kimber Rapter II.
Howe Mountain No. 4 for me and a couple other small doodads!

twofish
Christmas to me has always been a time to give. I supervise a small crew, and I always get something for each of them. I shop for my closest friends and family, and make it a point to NEVER walk past one of the Salvation Army red kettles without putting something in it. It may just be a few pennies, but I never pass a kettle witout contributing. I've been happy to get involved in Seafire's Christmas giveawys, and I'd gladly do it again. It feels good to help folks out, and I've got stuff that I'll never use, just sitting around collecting dust, so it's a win/win for everyone.

No splurges on my self. I don't really need much. If I run across something I just can't live without, I'll talk it over with my wife and start saving up for it.
A week in Costa Rica and some off shore blue water fishing

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Is that your Mexican guide?
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

SWEET!!!
Yes,a CZ 455 .17HMR with a .22 LR barrel on order. It has a Leopold 3-9x rimfire EFR scope.
Havent yet, but im off between Christmas and New Years. And seems I have some shopping to do. Hadnt planned on it, being laid off most of the year, and health issues, but seems my Chevy decides it doesnt want to be long for this world. Something in the valvetrain took a schit 2 days ago. Still under warranty, pretty sure an easy fix, but knowing how this goes, pretty sure shavings are in the pan. Dont want the bottom end going out 6 months down the road, by then the warranty will be out, so...truck shopping today.

Still deciding on a 15 chevy or a 14 ford(dont want, or wait, for a 15 f150, not too sure on the aluminum bodies yet). Not sure as its a treat, hate to go into more debt right now, but im taking it in stride and calling it a Christmas present to myself.
Yes I did. New 22 ton Log splitter and a Beretta A400 12ga.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Is that your Mexican guide?

I'm darker now that was the 2nd day
That's the difference between you and Pat. I'm betting your ass is still white as rice, Pat's ass would be the darkest part.
True dat!
I've pretty much gone off the deep end. Looking ahead at possibly making a move next year, new baby last year - a real sweetheart - a bout with a few mild heart attacks and a motorcycle crash this year that could've ended it all, I figure what the heck, better do it while I can.

New at the tripper household:
Ruger Hawkeye all weather 35 Whelen.
JM Marlin 336 30-30.
Ruger Hawkeye Predator 6.5 Creedmoor.
JM Marlin 39a.
And a couple Remington 30-06s.

But the real treat is one I've wanted for 25 years, my very own Kimber of Oregon Model 89 BGR Super America. Barrel marked with my home town and that very likely passed through my hands in the woodshop for hardware and machine sanding. And it feeds, fires, and ejects like it should! Darn slick handling rifle!

It's been a real good year after all.

[Linked Image]
Colt SAA Armory Edition. Two cylinders, 45 Long Colt & 45 ACP
Real Ivory grips.
[Linked Image]
No, tis the season for giving, I dont need anything. wink
You guys are sure treating yourselfs. That's great.
Originally Posted by jbmi
Real Ivory grips.
[Linked Image]

Sa-weeet! smile
I picked up a Gen 3 Glock 20, along with ammo and stuff for it and a bunch of bullets. Of course the wife insisted on wrapping them up and putting them under the tree. When I was picking it up, the wife picked out a Ruger SR40c. She handed all kinds of pistols and it fit her hand best. Can't wait for after Christmas to go sling some lead!
No.
Real Ivory grips.
[Linked Image]

That is sweet! I have a real soft spot for SAA's anyway but that one is a looker.

I hauled hay all summer my senior year in high school to buy a Colt SAA and bought it in 1979.

Still have it and I'm considering being buried with it. smile
Funny you should say that, I want one of my sons to put together a little package, sealed against time and slip it into my coffin.
One of my Colts, a Silver Dollar from the year of my death, a small 1oz bar of silver, and a pocket Bible.
1000 years from now, when they find the old abandon graveyard I want someone to find more than some bones.
Funny you should say that, I want one of my sons to put together a little package, sealed against time and slip it into my coffin.
One of my Colts, a Silver Dollar from the year of my death, a small 1oz bar of silver, and a pocket Bible.
1000 years from now, when they find the old abandon graveyard I want someone to find more than some bones.

Arent you going kind of lite?
the joke around here is it's gonna take a backhoe and a lot of time. gun collection goes in plus a number of other things, maybe four or five WWII jeeps.
I could say the wife and I both treated ourselves this year. She was diagnosed with a very serious cancer and had surgeries almost immediatly. All is good so far. As soon as she was feeling better we bought a camper and a F150. For the sake of our kids and grandkids also. Then after a busy and fun summer we traded up to a 2014 Harley Heritage Softail. Can't wait till its springtime again, but first, more family, Santa, my youngest girl's wedding,a little more hunting thrown in, and life in general. God Bless. Marty
I purchased a set of Swaro EL 10x42 binos. Used a 10% discount card and $1575 in points to get them for a tad over $200 also got free shipping.
Originally Posted by ST50
I could say the wife and I both treated ourselves this year. She was diagnosed with a very serious cancer and had surgeries almost immediatly. All is good so far. As soon as she was feeling better we bought a camper and a F150. For the sake of our kids and grandkids also. Then after a busy and fun summer we traded up to a 2014 Harley Heritage Softail. Can't wait till its springtime again, but first, more family, Santa, my youngest girl's wedding,a little more hunting thrown in, and life in general. God Bless. Marty

Have to say, this is my favorite.
Originally Posted by sandcritter
Originally Posted by ST50

Have to say, this is my favorite.
Thanks Critter, it's been a real whirlwind, but it makes a person appreciate every day. Part of our family will be here tonight. Grandkids age 4 and 2, their mom (oldest daughter) and dad. Can't wait. Marty
The board was generous this year and we got a very generous bonus. I used most of it to fly up my best friends daughters gramma (they had never met) I figure it was money well spent, I can survive without it and she would never been able to get her up here without me. :-) Merry Christmas Everyone!
Originally Posted by Steelhead
That's the difference between you and Pat. I'm betting your ass is still white as rice, Pat's ass would be the darkest part.
Steelhead I'm getting a bit worried-you seem awful interested in Pat's ass.......
Everyone here is fine, so money was spent for my wife to fly out on the 23rd to spend Christmas with her dad.
We don't have any needs, and are thankful for good health and a wonderful life.

But,
When I take my wife to the airport Tuesday, Im picking up 3 dozen Avery ffd full body goose decoys. They are used, but like new and come with socks to protect the heads, in pillow cases, and in padded , 6 slot bags.

Season is almost over, but a good deal is a good deal.

A like-new Ruger "new" Vaquero blued in .45 Colt. Good shooter.
My Borden custom 300 WSM delivers Monday, 22. After 18 months, it's a big Merry Christmas to me!

best one yet! don't mind hanging it but hate finishing it. I put it on and sand it off then have to put more on again. Hate it don't like painting either.

Things have been tight around here but I got a good bonus so I bought myself a KelTec PMR30 and a ESEE Izula II, I love the knife it feels like a old schrade sharpfinger in the hand. The kiddies are hooked up with all kinds of good stuff and me and the wife agreed to only buy for the kids and not each other but she didn't say anything about buying for ones self! grin
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Envy-definition,,, The ability to count someone else's blessings and not your own.
While I have no problem counting my own its VERY easy to count yours!!!
Didn't need a thing in the world after I bought my Drilling
but I did wander into a like new Glock 30 for $365 OTD on Thursday.
It will be the gift that keeps on giving.
My personal Christmas present to myself, is being able to put together the Campfire's Mickey Coleman Memorial Christmas Present to a Deserving Youth...

All started courtesy of Missouri Ed...

The response has been overwhelming, all the generosity generated by fellow campfire members...for a very good cause... Its a pleasure and honor to be able to be a part of it..

I am at the age, that giving is much more a gift than receiving is...I have the presence of my son and wife, and I am in a position that there is really hardly anything in life I really need anymore but my good health...

a year ago at this time, I was finishing up 4 months of low dose radiation to get rid of an increase in my PSA ( Cancer stuff).. a year later, lab test say my results have my doctor "thrilled" with them...

I have a lot to complain about in life, and have a lot to be thankful for...I try and concentrate on the latter and ignore the former..although I am not always stellar about it.. ( ex wife issues, etc and the government is too much involved in my life, for my satisfaction, wish they didn't even know I existed)...

But all in all, if I passed unexpectedly like Mickey Coleman did, I can thank the Good Lord for the time he has given me on this earth... my only concern would be I wish I could have done a lot more with it for him to show my appreciation...

and my final present to myself, I can say this to each and every forum member out there...with the deepest sincerity... Merry Christmas to each one of you and your families...and may a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year be waiting for each of you...
Leupold RX "full draw" rangefinder for bow hunting. Misjudged the range on a deer a few weeks back and was pissed about it. Problem solved
Dropped into a store I had never been in before and they turned out to be a fun bunch who seem to like talking about guns as much as selling them.

My SIL has an old A-Bolt Eclipse that is his favorite deer rig and I have always wanted one of my own. This new to me store had a NIB X-Bolt Eclipse on the rack. I asked to see it and of course it had to be chambered in one of my favorites, 25-06.

I put a new Leupold on it yesterday... smile
Old Husqvarna 1600 series steel bottom metal in .30-06. Wood needs some love. It was bought as a project for the winter. Will post pictures when it arrives.

Merry Christmas to all.
in october i bought a 2015 f250 supercrew 4x4. my only other present as far as i know is a pair of heavy duty slippers for camp.
Originally Posted by rem141r
in october i bought a 2015 f250 supercrew 4x4. my only other present as far as i know is a pair of heavy duty slippers for camp.

Diesel?
We're having our christmas today. I'm going to treat myself to a pretty big/good meal followed by a pretty good nap this afternoon as well.
Bought myself Remington 870 tactical 12 ga. (7+1)

And an extra vent rib 28" barrel to go with it.

Gunsmith is building a sleeve, so that the extra barrel will work with the long mag.

This is a home protection gun and clay bird gun.
To use it for hunting, I'd have to have a plug about a foot and a half long! (GRIN!)

Virgil B.
Not yet, nor a b-day gift this year. After taxes come back next spring my 2014/2015 Birthday/Christmas gift will be a new rifle to replace one I sold to pay medical bills last spring. Thinking a stainless 260 or 7-08 of some sort with a new Leupold 2.5-8 Vari X III or just do a few upgrades to a couple of the current rifles in the stable.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I was considering a new 50th Anniversary Mustang for Christmas to go along with my '65 convertible, but decided to buy a used one in three years (Dave Ramsey disciple.)

If you like Mustangs and haven't seeen the new 2015 model, it is worth a trip to your local Ford dealership. I wish i could figure out how to justify owning three Mustangs. smile

In the meantime . . .

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Object of my affection . . . 50th Anniversary edition!

[Linked Image]

Took the little wifey by the dealership today to look at the new Mustangs. She really likes the White 50th Anniversary edition. Went to another dealership and the salesman told me the sales manager had already bought all three of their 50th Anniversary editions for himself. Screw that dealership.

I'm going to try and figure out a way to get the wifey to go along with me and buy the other one.
My wife just happened to find a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20 X 50 that Doug had on sale at Camera Land.

At least I THINK she got it for me grin
#9 years of marriage later - we don't need much, and desire little. "The Warden" bought me a Dillon 550 for my b'day, but neither of us even has a "want" for
1) our anniversary
2) Christmas
3) her birthday
all of which occur within the next 2 weeks
She decided that our gifts this year would be just paying off medical bills.
Damm - there she goes thinkin' again! (Sharp lady!)
Yes. For the xxth year I stayed with my 401k and Blue matched it with a contribution of 20K. All good!

10% of that generous contribution will go to various youth and feed the hungry charities.

Merry Christmas to me and children who are hungry or require basic human assistance.
Update on my post about my new 870;

It's actually 7 shots total not 7+1

My bad....But still a lot of firepower!

Virgil B.
Ordered a new motorcycle. A Harley,:-)
Originally Posted by surgeon
I bought myself a new reloading press

I always pick out my gift for the wife to buy
I bought a Vortex 4-16 mil/mil and a couple 10X Superchickens. Also a new Case stockman and a few books.

© 24hourcampfire