Home
Posted By: jnyork Wyoming: small town, big fire - 12/31/14
Fire destroyed nearly half the oldtown business district in the picturesque little mountain town of Dubois, Wyoming last night. Firefighters battles it through the night in -20 degree temps. Some pix and the story here: http://county10.com/
More than 20 fire engines there through the night. Not much of the Northwestern side, of the 1st block of the Main St, was saved. It is heartbreaking.
Sad...
I was born in 1940 and spent the first four years of my life there.
Damn,...just DAMN !

Q:,...why is the BATFE, "Investigating" ?
That sucks. I hate seeing 5 inch laid down a street.

I'm worn out from a 5 hour house fire, I have done the all night gigs. At my age that stuff gets old real quick.

Prayers for all involved and recovery of the town.

We had a somewhat similar fire on the square years ago.

Folks still fight me when I enforce them putting in fire walls when remodeling... how soon folks forget.
WOW! That's really too bad that happened to such picturesque town.
That just sucks....

I spent several weeks there in Duboys in the mid 1980's, part of what kindled my strong love for that state.

Prayers...
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Damn,...just DAMN !

Q:,...why is the BATFE, "Investigating" ?

They do arson investigations.
Nice little town twenty miles from my Uncles cabin. We used to drive into town regularly and stock up on camp food. Hope they get it all rebuilt. We used to run into James Garner at the grocery and kid him about being a horse thief.
I'm sorry to see this, It looks like a cool little town too.

I can't imagine trying to work a fire in that kind of cold at all.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Wyoming: small town, big fire - 01/01/15
Agree with others - very sad to see this. Neat place to be when up near there hunting - and the subject town of the touching movie "Taking Chance".
Really sad, we just bought a place near there. I sure hope they rebuild, but it will be hard to recover from that one.
That is sad. Spent the night in a cabin there a few years ago.
That sucks. I really like(d) little Dubois. I hope they can put it back.

That really "sucks"! What's almost as bad is that, I live here in Wy. and had to find out from you folks!!! memtb
Me too memtb

That sucks for Dubois. I do some guiding out of Moran and am in Dubois several times a year during the summer and fall.
© 24hourcampfire