Home
Some SOB stole a large bronze medallion off of Mark Twain's headstone. The medallion included a likeness of Twain. No respect for greatness. No respect for old and significant stuff!

Local Fish Wrapper
Meth heads respect only the scrap value of the bronze.
I don't believe in haints, but that don't mean they don't exist. That's enough to keep me from messing with a tombstone.
Can't say as it's real surprising. Elmira is a hole... Always has been. Steadily getting worse. I would guess(not much of a guess) that the person who did this wouldn't have the first clue who Mark Twain even was...
The local AMVETS use to provide a bronze marker for the stones of vets around here. Right after my wife's Ex passed they told us they stopped doing it because the meth heads were prying them off before the epoxy could cure.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I don't believe in hants, but that don't mean they don't exist. That's enough to keep me from messing with a tombstone.

good one steelhead, haven't seen a haint in years..
Haints is correct, I forgot the flipping 'I', thanks!

I've used haints since forever.
Originally Posted by nyskt100
Can't say as it's real surprising. Elmira is a hole... Always has been. Steadily getting worse. I would guess(not much of a guess) that the person who did this wouldn't have the first clue who Mark Twain even was...

Yeah. I guess I should be surprised it lasted this long. They have been stealing the copper pipes from all of the rentals in Elmira for 10 years now. You'll have that in a two prison town.

It is still disappointing, though.
Ain't no way I'm ever stealing from a cemetery. I don't care how hungry I am.

A good way to tell whether it's meth heads or noggers that stole it will be if the plaque off of Ernie Davis's grave comes up missing too
Southerntier8: That is a shame and is sad as well.
Some vandal/thieves stole the brass retractable brass vases from my maternal grandmother and grandfathers graves this past year.
They had been there for 30 years or more.
I don't know why it happened "now" - maybe its the value of metal these days or the decline of a certain portion of our society?
I hope the next medallion is attached with permanent fasteners to Mark Twains headstone.
The folks at my grandparents cemetary replaced the vases with something similar but theft "proof" and they did so free of charge - which was not necessary but certainly a nice gesture on their part.
The worlds not all bad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by gitem_12
A good way to tell whether it's meth heads or noggers that stole it will be if the plaque off of Ernie Davis's grave comes up missing too

Oh it had to be Methheads! Nigra's are too scared to go in the graveyard at night wink
Originally Posted by gitem_12

LOL!
A few years back, some [bleep] dickweasel smashed my twin Aunts' pictures out of their headstone. They were young women who were killed in a tragic car accident in 1962. No enemies...remote cemetery that was well-kept and relatively well-traveled. There were rumors of drug activity at that location. Why anybody would want to vandalize that grave, I have no idea. Assclowns that mess with the dead are in the same league as a damned child molester.
Meth heads don't think like we do. Have wished I could understand them, but thank god that I don't.
Cemetary vandals are scum of the lowest order.
© 24hourcampfire