Home
Posted By: .280Rem Riding Season - 01/07/15
When hunting season ends, it will soon be riding season. The thread about the Barber Motorsports park got me wondering. Who rides? Show me your scoot.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Riding Season - 01/07/15
motorheads......

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Redneck Re: Riding Season - 01/07/15
[Linked Image]

'14 Ultra.. Put nearly 7K on it last year.. Funny you bring this thread up - not a half hour ago I finalized, and paid for, the camping spot near Custer City, SD for the Sturgis Rally..

Gonna be a long wait till spring now.. frown
Posted By: 35 Re: Riding Season - 01/07/15
2010 Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe.
I had both knees replaced last Feb.
so that cut into the first half of my riding season.
I`m ready to ride now!!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: .280Rem Re: Riding Season - 01/07/15
Mine is a 2013 HD FLHR (Road King).

Added: Screaming Eagle Stage 1 Air Cleaner, Vance and Hines Dresser Duals and Monster Twin Slash Oval Pipes, SE-255 Cams, Heritage style handle bars, and the sound system, plus a few shiny things here and there. The bike is just the down payment!

I put nearly 12K miles on it the first year, but work really cut in to riding this least year.
Posted By: DocRocket Re: Riding Season - 01/07/15
'99 Honda Shadow Aero...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Riding Season - 01/07/15
Bunch'a Geezer Glides here.

2014 Honda CB500X. Or a "kid's bike" as the Deputy Sheriff who pulled me over called it. wink

[Linked Image]

Posted By: 35 Re: Riding Season - 01/07/15
Doc

Your 99 looks like it just came out of the showroom!!
Posted By: bcolorado Re: Riding Season - 01/07/15
Always time to ride.

The bike...

[Linked Image]

With the snow tires on...

[Linked Image]

All season...

[Linked Image]

cool grin grin

Posted By: tbear99 Re: Riding Season - 01/07/15
05 roadking

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ironbender Re: Riding Season - 01/07/15
Originally Posted by bcolorado

No studs?
Posted By: DocRocket Re: Riding Season - 01/07/15
Originally Posted by 35
Doc

Your 99 looks like it just came out of the showroom!!

Yeah, it's pretty clean! That's how it looked last spring when I bought it up in Tulsa... the guy who owned it kept it very, very well. I've put a few more miles on it this year (30,750 total miles on the bike), but it's still pretty clean.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Riding Season - 01/07/15
Nice trophy on the seat too, Doc.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Riding Season - 01/07/15
Just piled near half a rick of wood on the hearth, can't even think about riding yet, brrrrrr, got a red '07 screamin' eagle springer out in the shop suckin on a battery tender.
Posted By: klondike_mike Re: Riding Season - 01/08/15
This was the first riding day for the Guzzi in 2014. Sunny and warm in March. Hoping for an early spring this year too.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Riding Season - 01/08/15
Nice 'Guzzi Mike. smile
Posted By: bcolorado Re: Riding Season - 01/08/15
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by bcolorado

No studs?

With the snow we generally get deep lugged tires at a low air pressure work pretty well.
Posted By: Boise Re: Riding Season - 01/08/15
My 08,

[Linked Image]

Posted By: safariman Re: Riding Season - 01/08/15
Thanks for starting this thread! I just came from my friends shop who is tearing my bike down and back together with a turbocharger this winter for me. Perfect timing with me getting the news today that I will probably feel like riding again this summer.

'03 "R" model Harley Sportster. 74c/i big bore kit, ported heads, biggest valves we could fit into those heads, Andrews N-4 cams, S&S Super 'E' with accelerator pump, other mods to get it to run REALLY good wink

Daily driver and sometimes drag racing bike. I missed the last 4 months of riding season and the last several races too sick with my bad kidneys. But with my transplant now imminenet, I am hoping to look like the photo below more often this summer grin

Working on getting the turbocharger to work on it this winter, really close to ready for riding w/turbo.

[Linked Image]

(Below) 83MPH in 1/8 mile with a .010 reaction time, ET of 8.6 and winning by only .111 seconds VS a big block, drag racing slicks equipped, drag racing only, not streetable car, is an exciting ride! Being able to do this on a daily driver is even more of a hoot. To me anyway.

[Linked Image]

I sure hope I can get back to riding soon after my transplant surgery, and I hope that the new Turbo does not blow my motor to smithereens on the first pass. We are hoping for a 1/8 mile pass at under 7.9 and over 100MPH to jump from Sportsman class to pro class. We shall see... crazy
Originally Posted by Redneck
[Linked Image]

'14 Ultra.. Put nearly 7K on it last year.. Funny you bring this thread up - not a half hour ago I finalized, and paid for, the camping spot near Custer City, SD for the Sturgis Rally..

Gonna be a long wait till spring now.. frown

I hear ya on the long wait!

THAT is a beautiful bike, sir! I am not one for a bagger yet, but if'n I was I would be mighty proud to ride THAT one! You are so right about the initial buy of the bike being the beginning in many cases.

That said, when I am weary of riding a race bike day to day, I think I could be happy with one of the new 110ci, twincam, F/I Super Glide's or maybe a fat boy. The new bikes and that new big motor look to me like I could start 'em up and ride 'em happily forever more without touching anything. (I know, famous last words)
Originally Posted by .280Rem
When hunting season ends, it will soon be riding season. The thread about the Barber Motorsports park got me wondering. Who rides? Show me your scoot.

[Linked Image]

SA WEET! And as I said above, thanks for starting this thread and helping some of us get the juices flowing. I like the mod's you mentioned in your second post here. Juuuuussssst right, and very streetable. Have enough power for you now?
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Bunch'a Geezer Glides here.

2014 Honda CB500X. Or a "kid's bike" as the Deputy Sheriff who pulled me over called it. wink

[Linked Image]

Or as someone here once called them "rolling barcaloungers" I am glad I am not the only one here who likes to carve up a corner and/or go fast on two wheels. That one looks like loads of fun, too.

Do you take it on any longer rides? Or just local jaunts?
Posted By: idnative1948 Re: Riding Season - 01/08/15
You asked for a *scoot*.
2006 with 23K on it commuting back and forth to work until last July. I think it paid for itself pretty quick?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: derby_dude Re: Riding Season - 01/08/15
Now that's a good ride.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Riding Season - 01/08/15
Ready to find some mud bogs!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: GuyM Re: Riding Season - 01/08/15
Most of the time, I ride this Trek hard-tail mountain bike, almost every day:
[Linked Image]

Spring and summer, I'll haul out the OLD Cannondale and start putting in some longer rides. I think I've had that old blue Cannondale about 25-30 years! Despite closing in on 60 years of age, I try to do a "century" ride or two every year:
[Linked Image]

When I want something that uses other than muscle power, it's the Suzuki DL650, a sweet running twin that has taken me on tours up to 3,000 miles, comfortably, on and off-pavement:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And up here on the dry side of the Cascades in Washington, it's really not appealing to be out on the motorcycle now. The pedal bikes? Oh yeah! They're fun, even in the snow. Especially the mountain bike.

Regards, Guy
Posted By: Jim the Plumber Re: Riding Season - 01/08/15
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Riding Season - 01/08/15
Never ends. [Linked Image]
Posted By: GuyM Re: Riding Season - 01/08/15
Great photo!
Posted By: ST50 Re: Riding Season - 01/08/15

Added: Screaming Eagle Stage 1 Air Cleaner, Vance and Hines Dresser Duals and Monster Twin Slash Oval Pipes, SE-255 Cams, Heritage style handle bars, and the sound system, plus a few shiny things here and there. The bike is just the down payment!

I put nearly 12K miles on it the first year, but work really cut in to riding this least year.
What kind of sound system, and what device do you use for music/radio?
Posted By: DocRocket Re: Riding Season - 01/08/15
I used to do a lot of off-road mountain biking. Had a couple bad spills, including a straddle accident that left my cojones swollen & black & blue for 3 weeks...

I really lost my enthusiasm for mountain-biking after that last injury. I'll stick to road cruisers now, but the rest of y'all can enjoy all you want!!
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: Riding Season - 01/08/15
Here's my ride. I have my tins in the paint shop right now. But as soon as I get em back I'm gonna get it ready for the season.

[Linked Image]

Ol' lady wanted just had to have her own machine so I took care of her at Christmas this year...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Riding Season - 01/08/15
This is the bike I crossed the country on in '10, I forget exactly how often I've done that ride over the previous 25 years, a bunch....

[Linked Image]

..and this is my ride when I crossed the country in '14... cool

[Linked Image]

...and my daily commuter, originally bought for my son 17 years back as a reward for finishing the 50 mile Lance Armstrong ride... cool

[Linked Image]

Birdwatcher
Posted By: .280Rem Re: Riding Season - 01/08/15
Originally Posted by ST50

What kind of sound system, and what device do you use for music/radio?

It's the HD Boom Audio. I plug it in to my "device" (phone) where I have Iheartradio, Pandora, and a bunch of my own music loaded. The case where my device goes you can see on the tank.
Posted By: .280Rem Re: Riding Season - 01/08/15
Originally Posted by safariman

[Linked Image]

SA WEET! And as I said above, thanks for starting this thread and helping some of us get the juices flowing. I like the mod's you mentioned in your second post here. Juuuuussssst right, and very streetable. Have enough power for you now?

Yes, for what it is, it's pretty strong I suppose. I forget my dyno numbers...there's guys who have spent a lot more and have a lot more power too.
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Here's my ride. I have my tins in the paint shop right now. But as soon as I get em back I'm gonna get it ready for the season.

[Linked Image]

Ol' lady wanted just had to have her own machine so I took care of her at Christmas this year...

[Linked Image]

You made me laugh out loud with that one! Just showed it to Asphalt Angel (who DOES have her own motorcycle, and a nice one) and she was a little less enthusiastic with her laughter.....

Your bike is softtail SWEETNESS! Way cool ride there, hoss.

What color is the tin going to be this year?

IF cash allows, my tin is going back to plain steel with some weld lines and rivet lines on all of it, then clear coated and some WWll fighter/bomber graphics on it. Might have to be another year for all of that, though. My kidney transplant surgery is coming up and the cost to finish up the Turbo Install correctly is, shall we say, above estimated budget..... blush crazy Gotta have some money for some long rides and race entry fees saved back, too. On BOTH our bikes. Sherri is getting pretty good at the lights on the drag strip, too.

[Linked Image]

Yes, for what it is, it's pretty strong I suppose. I forget my dyno numbers...there's guys who have spent a lot more and have a lot more power too.

There is a point of dollars expended VS value recieved aka the law of diminishing returns. I am re learning that lesson right now with this turbocharger deal. Good chance that when I get it back, it will scare me so bad it will be up for sale anyways.

I think you have it about right there. If I sell my race bike and get a new 110 inch Super Glide, what you have done is about where I will stop, as well.
Posted By: RBunt227 Re: Riding Season - 01/08/15
'08 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic,
Also have a 73 Norton Commando Interstate.
Went to the Vintage Festival at Barber last year, it's quite a place.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

RBhunt227....

YOU TURBOSUCK!!!!!

I totally love those old Nortons! Wanted one since, like... forever. But I would kill myself on that one with the brake on the left and shifter on the right side. At this ppoint I would have to wait for a late Super Commando 850 with the 'merican style controls. I wish you could post a video of it running so all could hear what a motorcycle is supposed to sound like.

That Ultra Clssic ain't too shabby, either. Too big and comfy for me right now, but I ain't gettin any younger, and my racing days are not going to be forever. Blue and Silver together is just a great combo.
Posted By: GuyM Re: Riding Season - 01/09/15
That Norton is awesome!
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Riding Season - 01/09/15
Ah, yes, motorcycles.
See if I can get these crummy pics up.
All still in the garage except for the Stelvio....it didn't sound like a bike.
Newest is the 1400 Cali Custom.
First "bike" '46 Cushman... went from the Cushman to a 700 Indian / Enfield. wish I had some pics of my old bikes, Triumphs, Nortons, Royal Enfields, Ducatis.
All fun.....Good riding

Attached picture attachments.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0033.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0031.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0046.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0538.jpg
Posted By: RBunt227 Re: Riding Season - 01/09/15
I was going to buy one back in 75 but wound up getting a Laverda 1000 instead. Always wanted a Norton, one day saw this one sitting in a driveway while out for a ride. Knocked on the door asked if he wanted to sell it said he wasn't interested but his wife chimed in, it was in my garage that night! You get used to the ass backwards controls as long as you don't jump on one right after the other. Just finished overhauling pretty much everything on the bike last year, runs strong, sounds better!!
[img:left]http://vid36.photobucket.com/albums/e46/rbunt227/20130725_090724_zpseb4ojabj.mp4[/img]
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Riding Season - 01/09/15
There are some really nice rides here. Here's mine.

[Linked Image]

'97 Heritage Springer
Crane Fireball cam
Screamin' Eagle ignition and air cleaner kit
Stock CV carb gone over and re-jetted by Big Paul
Chrome Moly adjustable push rods
Pingle highflow petcock
ThunderHeader

Last time dyno'd, running around 94-96 HP. Little fat girl will dig. She will flat get it running av-gas. I used to run over to Perry and gas up at the pump off the tarmac. Can't do that any more.

Posted By: safariman Re: Riding Season - 01/09/15
Originally Posted by RBunt227
I was going to buy one back in 75 but wound up getting a Laverda 1000 instead. Always wanted a Norton, one day saw this one sitting in a driveway while out for a ride. Knocked on the door asked if he wanted to sell it said he wasn't interested but his wife chimed in, it was in my garage that night! You get used to the ass backwards controls as long as you don't jump on one right after the other. Just finished overhauling pretty much everything on the bike last year, runs strong, sounds better!!
[img:left]http://vid36.photobucket.com/albums/e46/rbunt227/20130725_090724_zpseb4ojabj.mp4[/img]

Thanks for putting that up! Yep, that is a real motorcycle allright. I am SO not into motorcycles that make some sort of a quiet hummmmm sound. ICK! Not a fan of anything with a Radiator hanging off the front, either.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

[Linked Image]

'97 Heritage Springer
Crane Fireball cam
Pingle highflow petcock
ThunderHeader

Last time dyno'd, running around 94-96 HP. Little fat girl will dig. She will flat get it running av-gas. I used to run over to Perry and gas up at the pump off the tarmac. Can't do that any more.

That is a bunch of HP, for sure. Almost exactly the same Dyno numbers as mine. Although on a somewhat heavier bike. Still, yeah I bet she CAN dog a hole and scoot! And your bike is old school cool in spades! Congratulations!
Cisco1, I downloaded each of those pics and your idea of a fun bike and mine are pretty similar. Do you ride that BLue triumph much? I tried out a new one, and my gout riddled, 54 year old 36 inch legs will no longer fold up enough to ride with mid controls as high and tight as the ones I sat upon were wearing. For one who can still set 'em, I would think a great, fun ride.
Posted By: cisco1 Re:Safariman - 01/10/15
Mark,
I ride the '05 Thruxton quite a bit. I tour on it and it helps my joints better than anything else. Feel great when I get off.
I have 15 years on you.
The new 1400 Cali Custom was under my ass most of last year. I have a tendency to push the Thruxton pretty hard....it is so easy to do.
I am hot to trot on a new Indian, Polaris did a hell of a job. 27 months developing it. The new Scout will be a game changer. I like the Scout , but will not have one.
The best way to use fossil fuel is in an air-cooled engine.
Still looking for a scabbard for the Guzzi Stone.
A few more pics, don't know what they are just some chit on my desk top, lucky I can do that.
Good Luck to you.
Best,
Chuck

Attached picture 2014-01-18 17.02.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0049.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0046.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0035.jpg
Posted By: safariman Re:Safariman - 01/10/15
Originally Posted by cisco1
Mark,

The best way to use fossil fuel is in an air-cooled engine.

Chuck

AGREED!
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Riding Season - 01/10/15
Originally Posted by local_dirt

[Linked Image]

'97 Heritage Springer
Crane Fireball cam
Pingle highflow petcock
ThunderHeader

That is a bunch of HP, for sure. Almost exactly the same Dyno numbers as mine. Although on a somewhat heavier bike. Still, yeah I bet she CAN dog a hole and scoot! And your bike is old school cool in spades! Congratulations!

Thanks, Mark. Appreciate the kind words. She's my baby. Had her since brandy new. My brother asked if he could ride it the 50 miles home from the Harley shop. I said ok. It poured the whole way home. smile
Posted By: Seven_Heaven Re: Riding Season - 01/22/15
My current rides; 11 FXDWG & 13 FLHX

[Linked Image]
Posted By: safariman Re: Riding Season - 01/22/15
Both are sharp looking cool rides, but I like the FLXH best. The flames and simplicity / minimalist approach are right up my alley.
Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Riding Season - 01/22/15
Both are sharp looking cool rides, but I like the FLXH best. The flames and simplicity / minimalist approach are right up my alley.

The FLHX is the bagger and the FXDWG is the flamed one.
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Riding Season - 01/23/15
Looking forward to the next 2 months ourselves....

[Linked Image]

'01 and '11 'Cats
© 24hourcampfire