Home
I am a parent.

Is it impossible for a parent to call a spade a spade?

http://missoulian.com/news/local/vi...c1a1418-c662-5728-99dd-af28d9c4c412.html

I got a nephew who is a worthless, unemployed 27 year old doper, looks just like that kid. Probably will wind up the same way.
I think only in "Dead End", when Humphrey Bogart's mom lets him know what she thinks of her gangster son.

My mom was a lot like that. She kept me scared straight.
Maybe its a generational entitlement type of thing?
most are trying to deflect the idea that they where lousy parents of a lousy pos kid.
ime, nothing comes close to filling your heart or breaking your heart as your kids

so even when a kid does some unspeakable thing, the grief caused by it probably leads to a fair amount of "denial"

that's the lil boy or girl that wrapped his arms around your neck and wagged his tail like a puppy when you walked through the door

it's hard for a parent to let go of that, even when they need to
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
I am a parent.

Most of these people aren't real parents and had their children to boost their welfare check. Their children are reflections of them and their criminals. They also are hoping to strike it rich through the deaths of their children. Just consider that action of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown's parents. The former trademarked Trayvon's image and name and scored big with a lawsuit against the development where Trayvon was shot. Michael Brown's Mom has a felony charge pending against her for assaulting a relative over selling Michael Brown souvenirs. It's clear why their sons were criminals.
All good points here.

For most of us, if our children did wrong, especially on a criminal scale, we would be the first to flat-out tell them what they did and how wrong it was and would likely turn them in ourselves.

For many of these offspring, the parents, especially the mom, have ALREADY been covering for them forever. In school it was the teacher's fault, or the school's fault, or they'd lie about why he wasn't in school when he skipped.

When they were no longer in school and living at home they would overlook drug use as "not that bad" or "everybody does it" and overlook a hundred minor thefts and abuses in the guise of "motherly love".

Seen it hundreds of times at school, they are easy to spot, I could find ya a bunch today. Where I'm at we call it "mijo syndrome", "mijo" being a common contraction of "mi hijo" ie. "my son", a usual term of endearment from a Hispanic mom.

No surprise that those kids of parents who have always held them accountable for their actions rarely end up in the news that way.

Birdwatcher
Because the parents are POS as well.

My boy got into trouble when he was young and his mother and I made him handle it on his own, I told him he made a grown up.choice and now he had to face grown up consequences. Helped him learn about making good choices.
He was probably a worthless kid. But then, one who is in a "lethal strangle hold" cannot cry out for help. So I have to wonder how the police heard the girl cry out for help while in the embrace of a lethal strangle hold. And...if he is holding his girlfriend in a lethal strangle hold, how is it, the police felt threatened? And if they were defending her life, how is it they couldn't do it by tearing the little bastard off her since he was choking her to death?

He may have been a worthless piece of crap...but this will probably go down as too much force in this situation. Too many questions and answers that smack of backstopping.

Please remember, in court, the actions of a police officer are supposed to be "reasonable" as adjudged by normal everyday joes. I hope the cops were right here, but they have some scrambling to do.

I mean, it's not like these parents have a lot invested in their 'children'. If they did, the kid probably would have turned out different. Many times, the anti social, psychopathic behavior behavior that got the kid in trouble was learned at home.
Wife see's it all the time in school. She teaches 1st grade. All her kids are perfect in their parents eyes.....until they invite the parent in to observe Little Johnny.
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
ime, nothing comes close to filling your heart or breaking your heart as your kids

so even when a kid does some unspeakable thing, the grief caused by it probably leads to a fair amount of "denial"

that's the lil boy or girl that wrapped his arms around your neck and wagged his tail like a puppy when you walked through the door

Well said sir..
I can't buy that.
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Well said. Plenty bad people (the worst) were raised in good families, by good parents. Liberals love to blame environment when often, other factors come into play.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I mean, it's not like these parents have a lot invested in their 'children'. If they did, the kid probably would have turned out different. Many times, the anti social, psychopathic behavior behavior that got the kid in trouble was learned at home.

Actually, that "psychopathic behavior" was not only learned at home, it was inherited. Other times, the bad ones have mental disorders that seperate their behavor from that of the family norm. Some people are just born to be bad.
Parents defend their "children" nowadays because society in general has said if these kids are bad then the parents are bad parents. When I was a teen and got in trouble with the po po I was not afraid of the cops . I was afraid of my dad coming to pick me up!!!!!! Nowadays the parents do not discipline small infractions and when the big infractions start , they need some one to blame.
They take the " Not my Boy" stance to defend themselves not the "Child"
These is not limited to any class or ethnic group.. It can be seen by the rich elite all the way down to to the poorest and in every color english speaking or not.
It just happens to be trendy for the Police to be blamed Today.
Originally Posted by deerstalker
most are trying to deflect the idea that they where lousy parents of a lousy pos kid.

Yep
Nice touch on the keyboard, Randy.

I agree with you. I'll also add that some wish to buffer their own legacy as parents against the consequences those legacies suffer at the hands of their very own children's horrendous behavior.

The first thing a parent goes through after the shock has settled from the aftermath of a child's abhoorent behavior is "where did I go wrong?"

Some parents have a tough time with that reflection. Understandably so.
Maybe its a generational entitlement type of thing?

Whenever things seem inexplicable, just ponder if the pursuit of money could be the root cause.

It usually is.

Travis
I can't speak to other area's of the country but around here most of the black kids and some of the white ones are being raised by Grandparents (lots of times just a Grandmother) that are too old to have that responsibility. The parents, usually a single Mom, is not ready to give up playing to raise the kid, or kids. Thus, the kid has little, to no, oversight of his actions. miles
I am a parent.

You are a parent, right? Some of these people are worthless parents and some try to raise their kids proper or as best as they can.

They start with a basically nice, cute kid, that is their joy at ages 3-7-10. They listen and obey most of the time and they are loving kids. Then puberty hits. From ages 13-17, just 4 short years they can go from cute kid to man'child monster hanging with the older thugs. At 13, they are still watching Spongebob and Adventure Time, and 4 years later all they want to do is get high and get laid.

It is very difficult for a parent that has had a decent kid for 14 years to accept he went bad in 2.

"He was was a good boy!"

Well, 2 years ago he was. they are parents, they love their kids and it is difficult to understand and see that they have gone bad. As a parent, you never want to believe things are THAT bad, and then it hits you and is heartbreakiing.

If you have raised kids through the teen years, you get it.
I guess I'm fortunate with my three children. I can't relate. My "go to" question for them when they were growing up (in response to bad behavior) was "what would Jesus think about this." That pretty much shamed them and built up their conscience.
Originally Posted by milespatton
I can't speak to other area's of the country but around here most of the black kids and some of the white ones are being raised by Grandparents (lots of times just a Grandmother) that are too old to have that responsibility. The parents, usually a single Mom, is not ready to give up playing to raise the kid, or kids. Thus, the kid has little, to no, oversight of his actions. miles

We're just animals, as much as some like to think otherwise. You can't make a pointer out of the typical pitbull and it's not unusual for a puppy to be batshit crazy, even when it's litermates are "normal".

Why would one expect a child to be different than their biological parents, short of a mental problem?
Originally Posted by ltppowell
. . . Why would one expect a child to be different than their biological parents, short of a mental problem?

Sorta like "the apple don't fall far from the tree?"
Yes, but there are exceptions, both good and bad. Those without experience in these matters are quick to blame environmental factors without considering linage or defect. They are the same types that buy into things like global warming. Some are just bred to be POS. The worst tend to be defective.
Pat, you are of course, including in your analysis, "nurture" and "Nature". smile
I forgot to add. Parents love to take credit for having "normal" children, often way too much credit, and are quick to judge others who were'nt so lucky. The worst are those who have no children at all. I can't imagine what it would be like to be the parent of a real criminal, but I know many good people who are. It is hard on them.
Why does every encounter with an LE have to end with an unarmed person being shot to death?
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Pat, you are of course, including in your analysis, "nurture" and "Nature". smile

Sure. It's important to seperate common criminals from the uncommon ones in this discussion.
So long as one has a mind, they are the ones responsible for their actions, good and bad.
Originally Posted by milespatton

On the flip side I've seen the same lack of parenting in what would seem to be "perfect" white middle class and upper middle class homes. Both mom and dad are busy with their careers, their lives, their friends and there just isn't any significant time put into parenting.
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Why does every encounter with an LE have to end with an unarmed person being shot to death?
It doesn't. I have talked to the police to talk about shooting, make suggestions to reduce speed limits, show them my new rifle and all sorts of things like that. Never was armed or shot by the police.

It is when criminals resist arrest that some of them die when the police have to take them down. Some of them need to be killed when they assault the police. In everyone of these recent deaths those that died deserved what happened to them.

The same thing happened when Trayvon Martin was killed by George Zimmerman. He attempted to murder George Zimmerman and was killed in self defense. I watched the trial and the evidence supported the Zimmerman's statement claiming self defense in every significant respect.

The only difference is that Tyrant Obama the Liar and the progressive fascists are using these incidents to fill their base with hatred and fear for political gain. This is the same evil that Hitler used to win the support of the German people by filling them with hatred and fear of the Jews. It was evil when Hitler did it and just as evil when Tyrant Obama the Liar did it.
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
On the flip side I've seen the same lack of parenting in what would seem to be "perfect" white middle class and upper middle class homes. Both mom and dad are busy with their careers, their lives, their friends and there just isn't any significant time put into parenting.

The ghetto gangster class has children primarily to increase the size of their welfare checks. They are for the most part role models for the children and criminals also.
To admit your kid was a justifiable is to admit you failed as a parent. Why would anyone who denied reality for decades change?
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

The ghetto gangster class has children primarily to increase the size of their welfare checks. They are for the most part role models for the children and criminals also.

I grew up in a fairly afluent east bay neighborhood. While I don't think anyone I went to school with was shot by the police, a few ended up in jail on drug charges and in high school one girl stabbed another girl to death.

And 99 times out of a 100 in the schools our kids have gone to, when a kid is headed for trouble their mama always says, oh not my baby.
I believe you have pretty much nailed it most here are thinking in terms of real parents. I am sure that good folks have a bad kid from time to time, but I truly believe the apple falls close to the tree.
Originally Posted by ConradCA
I am a parent.

Most of these people aren't real parents and had their children to boost their welfare check. Their children are reflections of them and their criminals. They also are hoping to strike it rich through the deaths of their children. Just consider that action of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown's parents. The former trademarked Trayvon's image and name and scored big with a lawsuit against the development where Trayvon was shot. Michael Brown's Mom has a felony charge pending against her for assaulting a relative over selling Michael Brown souvenirs. It's clear why their sons were criminals.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I got a nephew who is a worthless, unemployed 27 year old doper, looks just like that kid. Probably will wind up the same way.

I'm in simular have a P.O.S nephew i don't allow him on property anymore
My nephew is an irresponsible POS. One of five children and the other four are great kids. So it's not always the parents. No defending the bad apple in my family. Three of his siblings won't even talk to him anymore.

He's already spawned two children. and he's leaching off his parents. The only thing I would offer to give my nephew is money to pay for a vasectomy.
© 24hourcampfire