Home
This new little known Senator from Iowa spent a little time introducing herself, but Senator Joni Ernst punched my button when she said she did not want to respond to Obama's message, but to articulate a positive message about what Congress plans to do about Obama's agenda.

ERNST: Good evening. I'm Joni Ernst. As a mother, a soldier and a newly elected senator from the great state of Iowa, I am proud to speak with you tonight.
A few moments ago, we heard the president lay out his vision for the year to come. Even if we may not always agree, it's important to hear different points of view in this great country. We appreciate the president sharing his.

Tonight, though, rather than respond to a speech, I'd like to talk about your priorities. I'd like to have a conversation about the new Republican Congress you just elected, and how we plan to make Washington focus on your concerns again.

We heard the message you sent in November -- loud and clear. And now we're getting to work to change the direction Washington has been taking our country...

In her ten minutes of fame Senator Ernst did not have time for a lot of specificity, but that is OK. I like short speeches.

We need to move on. Quit bitching about the past. Start formulating the future.
That needs to start this weekend in Joni's home state of Iowa. All those Conservatives speaking in Des Moines that want to be the next president and want our support, need to lay out their agenda instead of dwelling on Obama's.

the first thing this congress needs to do is to erase every line, every appointment, every edict, that this illegal pos had put into effect.
Agreed!
I can only hope � continues on his path toward making every dem a pariah.

Joni done good.
Joni's experience with castrating hogs makes her uniquely qualified to fix what ails our government. You Go Girl!
I thought she tried to hard to come off as sincere and ended up sounding fake with her message. I don't need to be talked to like a child, I just need to know what they are going to do to stop fugging up my Country.

Both speeches disgusted me.
I didn't watch either one of them last night. You know things are bad when you'd rather watch a hockey game that doesn't involve your favorite team.

They're all a bunch of blow hards that won't do jack to fix this country and no speech is going to convince me otherwise.
Originally Posted by heavywalker
I thought she tried to hard to come off as sincere and ended up sounding fake with her message. I don't need to be talked to like a child, I just need to know what they are going to do to stop fugging up my Country.

I wasn't aware that Hillary gave a speech last night.

What was great about the Senator's speech is that there was nothing fake about the positive message that concentrated on what the new Congress is going to do...
Originally Posted by VernAK
Joni's experience with castrating hogs makes her uniquely qualified to fix what ails our government. You Go Girl!

LMAO grin
We need to move on. Quit bitching about the past.
We can't quit bitching about the past because the past is still with us. We still have Obamacare, we still have an overwhelming deficit, we still have millions of illegal aliens, and we still have a president who's catering to terrorists.

My wife had the same reaction, and she's pretty easy going and unflappable.

Joni, just like Perky, had a speech writer. She just mouthed the words.

Don't get me wrong. I LIKE Joni and all she stands for, but she was the GOP sock puppet last night, just like Rubio was a while back.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We need to move on. Quit bitching about the past.
We can't quit bitching about the past because the past is still with us. We still have Obamacare, we still have an overwhelming deficit, we still have millions of illegal aliens, and we still have a president who's catering to terrorists.

Which is why we need to move on and do something about it.
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Don't get me wrong. I LIKE Joni and all she stands for, but she was the GOP sock puppet last night, just like Rubio was a while back.

Politicians have speech writers? I am shocked! Who could have know that?

If the Senator is just mouthing words, how do you know what she stands for? I am confused.
I said it on another post today and I will say it again. If the republicans cannot come together as a party then get ready for President Clinton round 3. They have to present an electable candidate that does not alienate non ultra conservatives. A hard line on things like abortion will drive away large numbers of voters. Hate me if you disagree, but this is a must win for them.
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Politicians have speech writers? I am shocked! Who could have know that?

If the Senator is just mouthing words, how do you know what she stands for? I am confused.

Some folks would grumble if you hung 'em with a brand new rope.
I'm not surprised you're confused. wink

I've seen her interviewed and on the campaign trail pressing flesh. Sure, she had been coached, but she wasn't reading a script and was able to stand on her own two feet.

Does that clear it up for you?

A Perky fan I'm not, sorry.
Originally Posted by Glocktard

Some folks would grumble if you hung 'em with a brand new rope.

I'm worried that someday Bow might choke to death on his hard tongue during a Perky documentary. eek
I'm not surprised you're confused. wink

I've seen her interviewed and on the campaign trail pressing flesh. Sure, she had been coached, but she wasn't reading a script and was able to stand on her own two feet.

Does that clear it up for you?

A Perky fan I'm not, sorry.

Now I am totally confused as this thread is about Sen. Ernst giving a speech and no doubt using a teleprompter as they all do. She was rather perky as in up beat and optimistic...or you trying to turn this into a Gov. Palin thread?
Anybody got pitchers?
It was some friendly chops-bustin, that's all.

You're one of the true good guys on this forum. Don't ever read any rancor into my posts to you. wink

For most of us your posts = Perky. I'm glad to see you added Joni to the harem. laugh
© 24hourcampfire