Home
Posted By: EvilTwin Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
grinCompared to just about everyone else, she has more balls than a pool table!!! grin

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/01...chael-moore-the-left-goes-bananas-175234
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
if she is on the primary ballot in Florida, I will vote for her. If she runs for President, as the GOP candidate, I'll vote for her.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
Michael Moore really stepped in it.
Posted By: isaac Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
Jim...don't let the 24 H anti Sarah folks tease you about your thread title.
Posted By: EvilTwin Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
Originally Posted by isaac

grinPardon me Bob, but you must be confusing me with someone who gives a fuuuuck what they say grin
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
anti Sarah folks

AKA the brokeback mountain boys? grin
Posted By: krp Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
I would vote for her, been saying that since she hit the national scene.

Kent
I still love the T-Shirt, Jim.
Posted By: Pashooter Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
Calvin michael moore is "it".
Originally Posted by Calvin
Michael Moore really stepped in it.
Posted By: FlyboyFlem Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
She's not my weapon of choice but would still give her the nod.
grinThis one?? grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: eh76 Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem

Not my first choice either but would get my vote. That being said I would rather see her running than Crispy, Bush or Romney
Posted By: milespatton Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15

Only reason that I did not have to throw up after voting for McCain in 2008. miles
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
grinCompared to just about everyone else, she has more balls than a pool table!!! grin

She's got more balls, than 99% of the elected officials in DC!
Originally Posted by eh76

Not my first choice either but would get my vote. That being said I would rather see her running than Crispy, Bush or Romney

I agree just hope that logic prevails within our dumbed down electorate.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15

Who cares about the T shirt, what is the Sharps???

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
I wish EVERY person in uniform would stop working for about 6 months. I'm sure the union folks would support it and the liberals would love it.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
Originally Posted by isaac

lmao Isaac

that was TFF

unless someone else answers the phone, I don't believe that's the cowboy that sits around frettin whether he's won any popularity contests for the day shocked

that was a pretty succinct message to MM, and appropro from my perspective
Posted By: Allen917 Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
You can tell a lot about a person, by the people that oppose them. Sarah must be a great person.
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Who cares about the T shirt, what is the Sharps???

[Linked Image]

grinBoker contract factory conversion to 45/110 made in 1877 as it sits. grin
Posted By: byc Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
She is "interested" in running. Trump OTOH is running.
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15

Bowsinger's prob'ly off poutin'.

If Sarah Darlin' runs, she needs to get Kinky Friedman's permission to use his slogan when he ran against GWB for Governor:

"Bein' President... Can it really be that hard?"

Hopefully it would work out better for her than for Kinky.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Bowsinger's prob'ly off poutin'.

If Sarah Darlin' runs, she needs to get Kinky Friedman's permission to use his slogan when he ran against GWB for Governor:

"Bein' President... Can it really be that hard?"

Hopefully it would work out better for her than for Kinky.

Sarah introduced more than one new slogan last night...

Governor Sarah Palin is Ready For Hillary ��Are You?

Holding up a "Ready for Hillary" sticker, Sarah Palin asked the crowd at the first conservative showcase of the 2016 presidential campaign cycle to take on the likely Democratic presidential candidate.

"I'm ready for Hillary, are you? Are you coming?" the former Alaska governor and Republican vice presidential candidate said.

Palin roused the cheering crowd at the Iowa Freedom Summit in Des Moines, Iowa, asking, "Is Hillary a new Democrat or an old one?"

She held up a Time Magazine from last year with the headline "Can Anyone Stop Hillary." She said the coverage was to "convince us that a pantsuit can crush patriots."

"Hey Iowa, can anyone stop Hillary?" Palin asked the crowd, before co-opting a famous Obama campaign slogan. "To borrow a phrase, 'Yes we can!' And it starts here and it starts now."

Posted By: Savage_99 Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
We like Sarah Palin for president.

The press really did an insult job on her the last time.

Sarah is a hunter and pro gun.

[img]http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/de...554569_3371_sarahpalin.jpg?itok=bSyN45Hi[/img]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Wyogal Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
I'd vote for Sarah for sure.
Posted By: krupp Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
So if she wins will Todd or Crystal be the V.P. ?
Originally Posted by Wyogal

As I'm sure many would just don't think she's electable.If I was a mega bazzillionare I'd take bets on that one as well..

As I'm sure many would just don't think she's electable.If I was a mega bazzillionare I'd take bets on that one as well..

Last time I checked, the overseas betting odds were about 30 to 1 that Sarah would get in the race and 100 to 1 that she would win.
They may not be as juicy and tempting after last night.
My intent here was to highlight the FACT that Sarah Palin has more balls than any other political creature out there to slam the left for their miserable attitude towards Chris Kyle and our other Men who Serve. No equivocating, just flat out blast to their face. What is not to like about that????
Originally Posted by krupp

Ted?
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15

The media wants you to believe that too.
Posted By: Wyogal Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
Originally Posted by krupp

Why not Scott Walker?

Would be a plus to have 2 goodlookers in the Executive branch for a change.
[Linked Image]
My intent here was to highlight the FACT that Sarah Palin has more balls than any other political creature out there to slam the left for their miserable attitude towards Chris Kyle and our other Men who Serve. No equivocating, just flat out blast to their face. What is not to like about that????

Chris Kyle � For The Palin Family, It�s Personal
Posted on C4P, January 23 2015 - Posted by: iizthatiiz |

Ever since Chris Kyle first worked security for Sarah Palin in 2011, the Palins had a personal relationship with the former Navy SEAL. So when Hollywood elitists attacked and mocked his legacy, it was only natural for the Governor to leap to the�defense of a�man who had served as her personal bodyguard on many occasions. �In typical Palin fashion, she broadened her scope to encompass all those who serve, writing "God bless our troops", to begin her post, before letting loose on those�unfit to criticize, never less understand the dedication and sacrifice made by those who willingly choose to serve.

"Chris was a humble guy, like most vets, who did his job and was never really comfortable in the limelight. His passion was his family, faith, his country, and his fellow vets whom he always supported", Palin told People Magazine.

After Kyle�s security tours with the Palins, the friendship between Chris Kyle and the Palin family grew�when both Chris Kyle and Todd Palin were chosen to participate in the NBC competitive action�series �Stars Earn Stripes�. �Celebrities were paired with military vets and law enforcement personnel�to test their skills in realistic military training exercises, all for the benefit of charities. �

"It was an honor for me and others to participate in Stars Earn Stripes with Chris and others in the military." said Todd � "to stand shoulder to shoulder with them and learn just a little bit about what they were trained to do and what some of the missions were." �

Kyle was impressed with�Todd as well, "He�s Rambo, he�s straight up Rambo", Kyle said during one episode, adding "He was the first one on the boat, the first one under the wire ..�You don�t need anyone else. Forget Chuck Norris, send in Todd Palin."

After Chris� death in February of 2013, Iron Dog champion Todd Palin pledged the sum total�of his share from the upcoming race to The Chris Kyle Memorial�Trust.

Posted By: Take_a_knee Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

You betcha.
Posted By: Pittu Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
Whatever it was she said about our military, kudos to her. But you guys realize she will never miss an opportunity to get the limelight, and the longer the odds, the longer the Hail Mary she will toss out there. Not criticizing, just the way it is in politics.

She is a longshot for office, but I think having her in the mix will highlight some issues that are important to rural America. I will put the bad taste i have had for Sarah on hold to see how things shake out.

I'd vote for Scott Walker if he makes it to the primary, if he can do for our nation what he's doing/done in WI, only good can come out of it.
Posted By: Take_a_knee Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
Originally Posted by Fireball2

They know full well that she'd bring people to the polls in droves who hadn't voted in 20yr just like Perot did. That's why they are afraid of her.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
Tone it down for crying out loud, where is THIS Sarah Palin?

Posted By: Pittu Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
Glocktard, being from CA, don't you think that she would bring out the opposition in droves also? People in CA seemed to have a special kind of hate for her.

She is a polarizing figure that brings out the extremes in people. Love or hate...and the media sure has drummed up the hate part...
Originally Posted by Pittu
Whatever it was she said about our military, kudos to her. But you guys realize she will never miss an opportunity to get the limelight, and the longer the odds, the longer the Hail Mary she will toss out there. Not criticizing, just the way it is in politics.

She is a longshot for office, but I think having her in the mix will highlight some issues that are important to rural America. I will put the bad taste i have had for Sarah on hold to see how things shake out.

I'd vote for Scott Walker if he makes it to the primary, if he can do for our nation what he's doing/done in WI, only good can come out of it.

Scott Walker has a longer path than Palin. He took a good first step last night.
Can he do what Sarah did in 2008? Six months to the first debate...
Originally Posted by Fireball2

You certainly have more faith in the electorate to look past a liberal media than I...the past GOP track record is far from admirable.The same faces and rhetoric just may may not resonate as in the past and fall on deaf ears again...I certainly hope not but would prefer fresh faces.
Posted By: GeorgiaBoy Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
She's cute...a bimbo...but cute and entertaining.
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
Even if she is not on the ballot, I wright her in anyway. That woman get my vote on sooo many levels.
Posted By: Hotload Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
Sarah is a little on the crazy side ... but I like that in a woman.
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

well, you got 3 out of 4 right. I would not call her a bimbo.
Posted By: 7mmMato Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
I like how she says what she thinks. As a candidate she wont be able to that. It wouldn't bother me but I am sure it would a lot of people running her campaign. I like her.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
She would certainly be better than anything on the presidential ballot in the last decade. I don't see what there is to "hate" about her.

She "likes the limelight?" No one who doesn't love the limelight is ever going to run for POTUS anyway. The question to ask is: does she get the limelight for the right causes? If she wins based on "limelighting" for conservative principles, then she will keep promoting those principles in order to stay in the office. That would be a good thing.
I like Sarah. That said, she is more of a great GOP cheerleader then quarterback.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Snyper Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
Originally Posted by Savage_99
[Linked Image]

You realize that's all put-on for show don't you?
I saw her "hunting" on TV and somebody had to work the bolt on the rifle for her
Her daddy worked the bolt for her.

She was in her mid 40s at the time.

Do the math.
PILF doesn't sound right.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
Sarah would be an improvement by exponential orders of magnitude.

I am not a bit worried about Sarah but am a bit nervous concerning the propaganda poop that has been smeared on her by the left/media.

Calling her a bimbo would be a good example of that.
Posted By: RobJordan Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/01/25/s...-bananas-175234

Its easy to have balls when you have nothing to lose. Those kinds of stunts are red meat for the base, but they make her completely unelectable nationally.
Originally Posted by Hotload

well, you got 3 out of 4 right. I would not call her a bimbo.

I struggled for the right word. I agree, bimbo wasn't the best choice, but my thesaurus offered no help.
Originally Posted by Hotload
I like Sarah. That said, she is more of a great GOP cheerleader then quarterback.

^^^ This says it better than I did.
Posted By: byc Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
Actually, she would be great as RNC Chairman!

And yeah definitely not a bimbo.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
We need lots more like her, whether they are president or not.

The main problem republicans have is that they can't agree on which one should be president, so they hand the office to a dumbfug like Obama on a silver platter. Twice.

And, I'm sure given the chance will do it again.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The main problem republicans have is that they can't agree on which one should be president, so they hand the office to a dumbfug like Obama on a silver platter. Twice.

yep
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
One problem is states that have open primaries i.e...Democrats who can register/vote on primary day as a R,then go back to a D after voting.
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

I am not a bit worried about Sarah but am a bit nervous concerning the propaganda poop that has been smeared on her by the left/media.

Trapper,

Bimbo was not the best word. I was looking for something less than that, but my thesaurus offered no help.

It's not propaganda or smear by the left/media.

Sarah says the right things--and I believe her to be genuine. On the other hand, I think the fact that she is a female saying those things makes what she says seem more extraordinary than what she is saying.

However, once she steps away from the podium, and she has to deal with a hard and obviously biased interviewer, she cannot stray far away from talking point and sound-bites without looking like an empty suit. This is what looses national elections.

She has a Journalism degree, but she is far away from the level of communication necessary to win, persuade, or convince an audience that may be "cold" toward her.

To be honest, I can think of several Demos who would tear her to shreds in a debate that was not "highly" restrictive in its structure.

I think those are legitimate observations. And, if she runs, I think the primaries will bear them out.

GB
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I agree. But I differ with your assessment. Republicans, I think, can agree on who should be president. It is the current Republican leadership that will not likely give that person a chance to be elected.
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/25/15
GB,
How do you know that? Have you ever had a chance to talk with her one on one or you just summarizing what you have read on some left wing rag?
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
GB,
How do you know that? Have you ever had a chance to talk with her one on one or you just summarizing what you have read on some left wing rag?

First, I would venture that neither of us have had a chance to talk to her one on one.

Second, you always run the risk of making an azz of yourself when you assume to know something.

With that out of the way, I form my opinion (which is all it is) by watching the speeches she has made, the debate with Biden, and her national interviews.

I think she is genuine. I like her. I do not think she is ready for prime time--even after almost 8 years to prepare.

Lastly, and I normally don't go here, but why is it when there is a "perception" of disagreement among members on the fire that we run to the "you are informed by the left wing rag" garbage? Frankly, it is tiring. Are you so insecure in yourself that you cannot accept the fact that someone may disagree with you--therefore they must be the enemy--or a liberal lurking on the fire--and it is your duty to expose them?

Maybe, I was brought up differently. Sometimes grown men simply agree to disagree. I hope that is what we can do here, and stop the digression before it starts.

GB
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/26/15

Your �Bimbo� made Time magazine�s �100 Most Influential People� list
Smithsonian Institution�s �100 Most Significant Americans Of All Time� list

The American Thinker website named her the �American Achiever of 2014; and said why they did that...
"Palin�s record of success of her endorsed candidates was nothing short of phenomenal.

Governor Palin�endorsed 22 candidates�for various offices during the midterm finals, including senators, governors, lieutenant governors, congressmen, and attorneys general. Of those so endorsed, an incredible 20 were elected � contrasted with, for example, Hillary Clinton�s record of 8 wins out 24 endorsed candidates."
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Seriously.? That's what your going to use as an accomplishment.?

Also on that list from 2010: Nancy Pelosi, Bill Clinton, Ben Stiller, Serena Williams, Lady Gaga, Oprah Winfrey, Prince, Elton John, Conan O'brien, Simon Cowell...

I guess if you want to set the bar that low, go ahead..

I'm waiting to see if she makes MAD Magazines list of "People of the Decade"...
Posted By: GeorgiaBoy Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/26/15
I've already addressed the bimbo comment.

As to a Time Magazine endorsement, with the exception of Palin...a lot not to be impressed with who is on Time's list.

Shoot, Tookie Williams was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. How about them apples?

As to "Palin's record of success of her endorsed candidates [being] nothing short of phenomenal. It could be that she know's when to bet on a winning horse...not necessarily that she know's how to train them.

I am not disparaging anyone's darling. I will say, however, that local elections, even Congressional elections, are not in the same league as an election for the POTUS.

Comparing Palin to Hillary is unfair to Hillary. It's like choosing ice cream (Sarah) to staff infection (Hillary). But anyone who underestimates the Clinton's political prowess does so to their own political pearl.

Having said that, I think the country as a whole is tired of the Clinton/Bush era (I am). I don't think Hillary will get the Demo nod. But, I am fallible.
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

Also on that list from 2010: Nancy Pelosi, Bill Clinton, Ben Stiller, Serena Williams, Lady Gaga, Oprah Winfrey, Prince, Elton John, Conan O'brien, Simon Cowell...

Seriously.? Time lists the most �Influential People� in their opinion. Not who you might like or dislike.

For a MSM left leaning magazine like Time to include Sarah and do cover stories about her as well as their gal Hillary is one hell of an accomplishment.

The Smithsonian list is even a bigger deal, but you ignored that.

Trapper,

Bimbo was not the best word. I was looking for something less than that, but my thesaurus offered no help.

Sarah says the right things--and I believe her to be genuine. On the other hand, I think the fact that she is a female saying those things makes what she says seem more extraordinary than what she is saying.

However, once she steps away from the podium, and she has to deal with a hard and obviously biased interviewer, she cannot stray far away from talking point and sound-bites without looking like an empty suit. This is what looses national elections.

She has a Journalism degree, but she is far away from the level of communication necessary to win, persuade, or convince an audience that may be "cold" toward her.

To be honest, I can think of several Demos who would tear her to shreds in a debate that was not "highly" restrictive in its structure.

I think those are legitimate observations. And, if she runs, I think the primaries will bear them out.

GB

Your comments addressing Sarah as �bimbo� are contradictory and not borne out by her record.
You said she is genuine and saying the right things and the only word you can find for that is...bimbo...

When Sarah steps away from the podium, she has a great record of many, many interviews. Even her interview with �Perky� Couric was a lot better than the highly edited portion shown by CBS.
Sarah dealt with many interviewers of all kinds in 2008 and put McCain in first place in the polls.

News Flash! FOX News does not hire �empty suits� and interview them time and time again for talking points and sound-bites.
And Governor Palin's vetted forty thousand Emails prove how good she really is on the battlefield.

Governor Palin's many debates with hostile opponents does not support your opinion that she is not up to defending her positions. Ask all those Big Oil guys how well that worked out for them.
And four weeks out of Wasilla, the polls showed the hockey Mom more than held her own with a Senator with years of Washington experience named Biden.
To this day Sarah trots the globe giving speeches that you say she cannot do. Next month Sarah will be in front of a tough crowd in Cambridge, England.

I would love to see your list of Demos who would tear her to shreds. Legitimate observations need to be backed by facts.

Having said all this...all I have ever asked is for Sarah Palin to get into the primaries.
My opinion is that she will repeat what she did in the 2008 campaign. No other VP candidate has ever come close.

Sarah has had eight years to hone her skills and the record clearly shows that she has done exactly that.
Sarah will blow the doors off...again.
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

Seriously.? Time lists the most �Influential People� in their opinion. Not who you might like or dislike.

For a MSM left leaning magazine like Time to include Sarah and do cover stories about her as well as their gal Hillary is one hell of an accomplishment.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/1...nt-americans-leaves-out-president-obama/

"Smithsonian put together their list by enlisting Steven Skiena, Distinguished Teaching Professor of Computer Science at Stony Brook University, and Charles B. Ward, an engineer at Google who is an expert in ranking methodologies. The pair used �an algorithmic method of ranking historical figures, just as Google ranks web pages,� and �their concept of significance has less to do with achievement than with an individual�s strength as an Internet meme � how vividly he or she remains in our collective memory.�

The article is obviously biased, but it is a counter to your estimation of significance.

Trapper,

GB

Your comments addressing Sarah as �bimbo� are contradictory and not borne out by her record.
You said she is genuine and saying the right things and the only word you can find for that is...bimbo...

When Sarah steps away from the podium, she has a great record of many, many interviews. Even her interview with �Perky� Couric was a lot better than the highly edited portion shown by CBS.
Sarah dealt with many interviewers of all kinds in 2008 and put McCain in first place in the polls.

News Flash! FOX News does not hire �empty suits� and interview them time and time again for talking points and sound-bites.
And Governor Palin's vetted forty thousand Emails prove how good she really is on the battlefield.

Governor Palin's many debates with hostile opponents does not support your opinion that she is not up to defending her positions. Ask all those Big Oil guys how well that worked out for them.
And four weeks out of Wasilla, the polls showed the hockey Mom more than held her own with a Senator with years of Washington experience named Biden.
To this day Sarah trots the globe giving speeches that you say she cannot do. Next month Sarah will be in front of a tough crowd in Cambridge, England.

I would love to see your list of Demos who would tear her to shreds. Legitimate observations need to be backed by facts.

Having said all this...all I have ever asked is for Sarah Palin to get into the primaries.
My opinion is that she will repeat what she did in the 2008 campaign. No other VP candidate has ever come close.

Sarah has had eight years to hone her skills and the record clearly shows that she has done exactly that.
Sarah will blow the doors off...again.

Since we are sharing opinions, It is my opinion that Sarah's effect on the 2008 campaign was more of a reflection of the weakness of the Presidential nominee then her strength as a potential VP. She energized the conservative base that was suspect (and rightly so) of McCain. In my opinion, there is no evidence that her addition did anything to draw any other group.

Fox news does the same as any other news outlet. They interview polarizing figures for the sake of ratings.

I saw the debate with Uncle Joe. And although I wanted Palin to give him the spanking he deserved, it was laughable.

Elizabeth Warren is the first name that comes to mind as a shredder.

I hope she does run in the primaries. It will be entertaining...at first.

Right now, I think she is making too much money stirring the pot to take a pay cut...in the event of some miracle she became president.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/1...nt-americans-leaves-out-president-obama/

"Smithsonian put together their list by enlisting Steven Skiena, Distinguished Teaching Professor of Computer Science at Stony Brook University, and Charles B. Ward, an engineer at Google who is an expert in ranking methodologies. The pair used �an algorithmic method of ranking historical figures, just as Google ranks web pages,� and �their concept of significance has less to do with achievement than with an individual�s strength as an Internet meme � how vividly he or she remains in our collective memory.�

The article is obviously biased, but it is a counter to your estimation of significance.

ITEM ONE:
�The article is obviously biased,� Yeah, maybe just a little...here is the rest of your link quote:

�Smithsonian put together their list by enlisting Steven Skiena, Distinguished Teaching Professor of Computer Science at Stony Brook University, and Charles B. Ward, an engineer at Google who is an expert in ranking methodologies. The pair used �an algorithmic method of ranking historical figures, just as Google ranks web pages,� and �their concept of significance has less to do with achievement than with an individual�s strength as an Internet meme � how vividly he or she remains in our collective memory.�

But the truly outrageous thing about this list isn�t who made the cut, but who was left out.

Palin, America�s village idiot known for quitting as Governor of Alaska and engaging in drunken brawls and incoherent speeches full of factual errors such as not knowing the actual address of the White House, is on the list, while the first African-American president in American history is not.

That�s right, President Obama is not on this list even though his election as leader of the free world in 2008 is one of the most significant and unique achievements in American history.
[�]
But Palin�s inclusion on such a list is totally offensive and the Smithsonian Institute damaged their own credibility by even thinking of placing her name among so many great Americans of historical significance.
At least George W. Bush is actually a significant figure, for better or worse. After all, he was in office during 9/11 and dragged America into two costly wars. The reverberations of his time in office will be felt for decades to come. Palin, however, is just a minor footnote. Even Tina Fey would be better qualified to be on the list considering her fantastic impersonation of Palin is partly to thank for why Palin and McCain lost in 2008. That portrayal affected a historical election.
So while one could argue for Bush being on the list, including Palin on such a list is unforgivable, and even more so considering the Smithsonian failed to include President Obama, a person who is far more significant in our history than Palin could ever hope to be.

ITEM TWO:

�but it is a counter to your estimation of significance� Sorry Ace, but it is not my estimation of significance, it is that of the Smithsonian Institute. Based on statistical data and mathematical formula. Their numbers are what they are...
Only in the world of PDS would making these lists be viewed as a negative for Sarah.

Now that we have hashed and trashed the first two, I can hardly wait for your final opinion on the third...
The American Thinker website named her the �American Achiever of 2014; and said why they did that...
"Palin�s record of success of her endorsed candidates was nothing short of phenomenal.�

Since we are sharing opinions, It is my opinion that Sarah's effect on the 2008 campaign was more of a reflection of the weakness of the Presidential nominee then her strength as a potential VP. She energized the conservative base that was suspect (and rightly so) of McCain. In my opinion, there is no evidence that her addition did anything to draw any other group.

Fox news does the same as any other news outlet. They interview polarizing figures for the sake of ratings.

I saw the debate with Uncle Joe. And although I wanted Palin to give him the spanking he deserved, it was laughable.

ITEM THREE: Even the preponderance of Palin critics marveled at how well this hockey Mom, 3 or 4 weeks out of Wasilla, did against an old debater and campaigner like Uncle Joe. In front of the largest VP debate audience...ever. Just as they did with Sarah's busted teleprompter speech.

ITEM FOUR: Pocahontas Warren has made almost as many gaffes as Joe Biden. It is a three-way tie with Benghazi Hillary. It would be entertaining...to say the least...to watch Sarah do to them, what she to the Big Oil CEOs and their over-priced lawyers in all those Alaskan debates. The record of who won those is an easy look-up.

Right now, I think she is making too much money stirring the pot to take a pay cut...in the event of some miracle she became president.

ITEM FIVE:
This takes your PSD to a whole new level. Sarah's account of her failed VP race is the best-selling political book of its type ever published. It made her first millions and paid off all those frivolous lawsuits.
Palin books have consistently outsold Hillary by about five to one.
President Palin's autobiography will make her the richest woman in the world.
President Palin's record will put her at the top of every list you can think of...

Posted By: watch4bear Re: Sarah Plain ROCKS!!! - 01/26/15
smile

ITEM FIVE:
This takes your PSD to a whole new level. Sarah's account of her failed VP race is the best-selling political book of its type ever published. It made her first millions and paid off all those frivolous lawsuits.
President Palin's record will put her at the top of every list you can think of...

You keep it up and you're gonna make Bowsinger type everything in BOLD RED, you already got him up to Everyting Bold level. Don't you be talkin bad about Sarah now, ya hear.!

ITEM THREE: Even the preponderance of Palin critics marveled at how well this hockey Mom, 3 or 4 weeks out of Wasilla, did against an old debater and campaigner like Uncle Joe. In front of the largest VP debate audience...ever. Just as they did with Sarah's busted teleprompter speech.

ITEM FOUR: Pocahontas Warren has made almost as many gaffes as Joe Biden. It is a three-way tie with Benghazi Hillary. It would be entertaining...to say the least...to watch Sarah do to them, what she to the Big Oil CEOs and their over-priced lawyers in all those Alaskan debates. The record of who won those is an easy look-up.

ITEM FIVE:

You feel the "tingle go down your leg" don't you.
© 24hourcampfire