Home
I'm not keeping these.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Word is out ..you are a soft touch! grin
Scott;
Top of the morning to you - other than the fresh horses I hope this finds you folks well.

As far as I'm given to understand it, if our horses would have got out and then subsequently caused a MVA we'd have been on the hook for the damage.

That and the fact we were pretty attached to them gave us incentive to keep them where they were supposed to be at all times.

Anyway hopefully someone knows who owns those hay burners and they can get home safely.

All the best to you folks this week Scott.

Dwayne
they look quite at home

congrats on the new additions

but think you're gonna need a bigger pooper scooper
Consider keeping the paint. She's a beauty.
A corral out back would give your place a nice look!

Just sayin... grin
Europeans eat those.
They do look right at home.
We looked at renting a place on ten acres a few years ago, owner said we could have the three horses the prior tenant left in the pasture..

I got the hell out of there FAST.
that paint would have a home!
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
they look quite at home

congrats on the new additions

but think you're gonna need a bigger pooper scooper

But his fertilizer bill will go way down
Had friends in CA whose next door neighbor had a few horses. Nice animals - at one point a visiting toddler escaped supervision, went to visit the "horsies", and was found with 3 horses gently babysitting her.

but the flies in the summer were awful frown
If I only had more freezer space.
I had that happen the 1st year I lived here. Found the owner and they came and their horses.
Kinda like culture shock to me moving here from NY! smile
Ah, come on - you know you want to... grin
Some poor kid is getting his azzz kicked right now for leaving the back gate open. eek

Make jerky. miles
Originally Posted by Steelhead

learn how to can.
Rejoice that they aint yours, and you dont have to worry about finding and rounding the azzholes up. smile

I sometimes miss having horses, till something like this reminds me of the joys of ownership.

Have a heart...Steelie! powdr
I got with the owner and they were all in his hands by noon.
We had 4 horses and a mule show up in elk camp this past fall. Build it, and they will come.
Originally Posted by 1minute
We had 4 horses and a mule show up in elk camp this past fall. Build it, and they will come.

Freeloading libs just like dogs laugh
My Dad used to say that the only thing dumber than a horse is the SOB that owned it. smile
Those things eat wayyyy to much to keep around!

If you were French that would be like a free meal showing up at your door.
If you owned a Jack in the Box, you could cut your overhead for a few days.
We had one come and stay in our lower meadow for about 2 months. I'd be out working planting seedlings and she'd follow me around - until it started raining. Then she'd trot over and stand underneath a tree and watch me work - and they say horses have small brains!
Originally Posted by byc
Some poor kid is getting his azzz kicked right now for leaving the back gate open. eek

Or some poor kid's dad left it open on purpose. whistle

That's where a lot of our Nevada "mustangs" come from.
Invest in some sugar cubes and apples.

DMc
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Europeans eat those.
Dad said he ate some horse meat during WWII while in Africa and Europe.
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
My Dad used to say that the only thing dumber than a horse is the SOB that owned it. smile

A friend of mine wanted to keep a couple horses when his dad retired from farming. His Dad said, "Hell no. Never own something that eats while you are sleeping".
© 24hourcampfire