Home
Posted By: BrotherBart Leatherman Watch - 01/25/15
[Linked Image]
I've been looking at watches and came across these. I think they cost around $500.00 and have a Swiss made timepiece and a sapphire crystal.It's amazing how many little tools that are incorporated into the band. Comfort might be a problem though. Lots of stuff there.
Anyone handled one of these?
Posted By: 1minute Re: Leatherman Watch - 01/25/15
I see the projections as items that would hang up if one was reaching into tight quarters. Pass.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Leatherman Watch - 01/26/15
to much for a watch. They are going to get abused, at least mine does.

Since all the phones have clocks... the only reason I wear a watch is for EMS runs and taking vitals....

And the band had to be tossed since for some reason my skin didn't like leather, fake leather or metal bands.

That being said I have taken to carrying a leatherman tool on my belt every day. Never knew what I was missing...
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Leatherman Watch - 01/26/15
Never seen one, so I can't comment. I'm a big fan of Lumi Nox watches, and they can be had for well south of $500.
Posted By: BrotherBart Re: Leatherman Watch - 01/26/15
The price really doesn't matter to me on this watch. I wore a Rolex Submariner for many years.
I just thought it was cool and you can wear it on an airplane,unlike their other tools. This can be pretty handy if you need a small wrench or screwdriver.
Posted By: bucktales Re: Leatherman Watch - 01/26/15
Cool looking watches and I imagine the tools are handy.
Bart, I have a couple of Swiss Army watches I got from your old employer for 25 and 30 years of being there. Pretty nice ones for dress up.
For beaters i wear for work,there's a Timex outlet store nearby with a good selection for under 20 bucks..
Posted By: BrotherBart Re: Leatherman Watch - 01/26/15
Originally Posted by bucktales

Bart, I have a couple of Swiss Army watches I got from your old employer for 25 and 30 years of being there. Pretty nice ones for dress up.
My Dad got a really nice Longenes Watch when he retired from Southwestern Bell. I think that it was about a $2000 dollar watch at the time(1996).
I'm about to pull the trigger on a new Doxa Diving Watch. I really like them.
Posted By: add Re: Leatherman Watch - 01/26/15
Originally Posted by BrotherBart

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new Doxa Diving Watch. I really like them.

Excellent choice Bart.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Leatherman Watch - 01/26/15
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
The price really doesn't matter to me on this watch. I wore a Rolex Submariner for many years.
I just thought it was cool and you can wear it on an airplane,unlike their other tools. This can be pretty handy if you need a small wrench or screwdriver.

Carry a multi tool without knife blade on flights. And carry a key with a knife on flights anyway.
© 24hourcampfire