Home
Fred Dicker, NY Post NYS Political Columninst today grin

Gov . Cuomo is �freaked-out and furious� over the bombshell criminal charges dropped on Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver last week � and �obsessed with fear�� because of the ongoing federal corruption probe.
One source described Cuomo as �doubly enraged�� by hard-driving Manhattan US Attorney Preet Bharara�s decision to bring the five criminal corruption charges against Silver just hours after the governor delivered his State of the State address � and then, less than 24 hours after that, to indict Albany�s �three men in a room�� culture in which Cuomo is the lead player.
�Cuomo feels Preet just walked all over him,�� said the source.
Knowledgeable insiders, including law-enforcement experts, said it wasn�t accidental that Bharara brought the charges against Silver just hours after Cuomo�s State of the State.
�Prosecutors have a lot of discretion, and when they time a high-profile arrest in a way that steps all over Cuomo�s speech, that�s the use of discretion for a purpose,�� a former federal prosecutor told The Post.
And several sources described Cuomo � who along with his aides is being investigated by Bharara over the abrupt disbanding of the governor�s Moreland Act commission on public corruption � as �on edge�� over Bharara�s ominous statement Friday that the public should �stay tuned�� for more criminal charges to come.
�Andrew�s been working the phones day and night, staying up into the early morning hours, making hundreds of calls in one day trying to find out what the hell is going on,�� a source close to the governor said.
Cuomo, who has retained a private lawyer, has enlisted several former federal and state-level prosecutors with ties to Bharara�s office including Steve Cohen, his former chief-of-staff, in an effort to find out Bharara�s next move, the sources said.
�He�s freaked-out, furious, and obsessed with fear, it�s like a nightmare for him. The whole narrative he laid out for his second term has been derailed by Bharara,�� said a source in regular contact with the governor.
�The narrative has been taken over by Bharara and it�s all about Albany�s corruption, not Cuomo and his program for the state,�� the source said.
State political circles are abuzz with speculation that Bharara is seeking to determine if Cuomo had any knowledge of Silver�s allegedly illegal outside income last spring when he agreed with Silver and Senate Republican Leader Dean Skelos to fold the commission.
The hair-pulling turmoil that has engulfed Assembly Democrats over the possible (and many believe likely) need to replace Silver as speaker hasn�t been seen since Syracuse-area Assembly Majority Leader Michael Bragman unsuccessfully sought to oust Silver in 2000.
A half-dozen names of possible replacements are on lawmakers� lips and here, direct from a usually authoritative Assembly member, is a late bulletin on the maneuvering: �The Queens County organization is making calls for [Queens Assemblywoman] Cathy Nolan.
�A Queens/Bronx coalition would counterbalance a Brooklyn/Manhattan coalition under [Assemblymen] Joe Lentol [Brooklyn] and Keith Wright [the Manhattan Democratic chairman], with 30 votes each.
�Bronx County Chairman [Carl Heastie] is looking like the kingmaker here.��
That said, a lot of smart money is on well-regarded Assembly Ways and Means Committee Chairman Herman �Denny� Farrell Jr. of Manhattan, a former state Democratic chairman, as a non-controversial successor to Silver, at least on a short-term �interim�� basis.
he could do everyone a favor and stroke out.
Good! Let the prick sweat it out!
Originally Posted by RWE

I second that motion!
The people who own Obama are behind this. They've given every potential dem presidential candidate the rope to hang themselves so they'd have smoother sailing for whomever it is they've got in mind to succeed Obama. Making HC SofS was a surefire way to get her to self-distruct. They put her under pressure and gave her no support, and it worked. Same with John "You've Got a Friend" Kerry.
Cuomo hasn't been on the national stage, so Obama pushed him to run the SAFE act through, knowing it would destroy him in the red states, and now his federal prosecutor has unearthed the rampant corruption everyone knew was in NY. This thing will resonate way past the dem convention for the 16 elections. Nothing is as simple as it seems.
All crook politicos ought to
feel that same heat.
You reckon Cuomo wishes he had been a little cop friendlier? We know where the Feds get their information.
wink
The ship is going down in NY. Wonder when the rats will start leaving?
Originally Posted by cra1948
The people who own Obama are behind this. They've given every potential dem presidential candidate the rope to hang themselves so they'd have smoother sailing for whomever it is they've got in mind to succeed Obama. Making HC SofS was a surefire way to get her to self-distruct. They put her under pressure and gave her no support, and it worked. Same with John "You've Got a Friend" Kerry.
Cuomo hasn't been on the national stage, so Obama pushed him to run the SAFE act through, knowing it would destroy him in the red states, and now his federal prosecutor has unearthed the rampant corruption everyone knew was in NY. This thing will resonate way past the dem convention for the 16 elections. Nothing is as simple as it seems.

Safe act was coumo's baby just Obama agreed with it.
Originally Posted by tbear99
Originally Posted by cra1948

Safe act was coumo's baby just Obama agreed with it.

SAFE Act was BLOOMBERG's baby; Cuomo just birthed it.
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by RWE

I second that motion!

We have a motion that has been seconded. All in favor say "Aye"

Aye
Mario Coumo wanted to basically do a safe act when he was in.His damaged us enough then son wanted carry on
Sounds like Preet Bharara will soon "commit suicide" and be found with 5 shots in the back...
Cuomo will look good in an orange jumpsuit!
Sure would like to see them fall, right along with the IL demoncraps.
This holds the threat of near complete destruction of ANY Cuomo "legacy". Papa Mario croaked and got screwed into the ground the day after Andy got sworn in for his second term. THEN after the State of the State speech,Bharara schidtcans Shelly Silver. Daddy ain't around to advise or protect junior anymore and the entire legacy is now at risk. I AM enjoying this-GREATLY!!!
What a great read on a Monday morning.

It makes me smile like heck!
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
I AM enjoying this-GREATLY!!!

Me too. I'm not from anywhere near NY, but anytime I can watch the Schit bags squirm like the snake they are is a good day for me.
Originally Posted by tzone
What a great read on a Monday morning.

It makes me smile like heck!

Ha. This for sure. ^^^^
Originally Posted by T LEE
Sure would like to see them fall, right along with the IL demoncraps.
and the DC crowd
I still think the bigger shame is that if Cuomo goes down it's accomplished via corruption and not at the polls.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I still think the bigger shame is that if Cuomo goes down it's accomplished via corruption and not at the polls.

You are correct there upstate didn't vote for him the city got him in
Originally Posted by tbear99

You are correct there upstate didn't vote for him the city got him in

Incorrect. Please see what counties and towns did vote for him, and how poor turn out was in upstate (i.e., those that voted for him by not even turning out to vote against him).
Fred Dicker, NY Post NYS Political Columninst today grin

Gov . Cuomo is �freaked-out and furious� over the bombshell criminal charges dropped on Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver last week � and �obsessed with fear�� because of the ongoing federal corruption probe.
One source described Cuomo as �doubly enraged�� by hard-driving Manhattan US Attorney Preet Bharara�s decision to bring the five criminal corruption charges against Silver just hours after the governor delivered his State of the State address � and then, less than 24 hours after that, to indict Albany�s �three men in a room�� culture in which Cuomo is the lead player.
�Cuomo feels Preet just walked all over him,�� said the source.
Knowledgeable insiders, including law-enforcement experts, said it wasn�t accidental that Bharara brought the charges against Silver just hours after Cuomo�s State of the State.
�Prosecutors have a lot of discretion, and when they time a high-profile arrest in a way that steps all over Cuomo�s speech, that�s the use of discretion for a purpose,�� a former federal prosecutor told The Post.
And several sources described Cuomo � who along with his aides is being investigated by Bharara over the abrupt disbanding of the governor�s Moreland Act commission on public corruption � as �on edge�� over Bharara�s ominous statement Friday that the public should �stay tuned�� for more criminal charges to come.
�Andrew�s been working the phones day and night, staying up into the early morning hours, making hundreds of calls in one day trying to find out what the hell is going on,�� a source close to the governor said.
Cuomo, who has retained a private lawyer, has enlisted several former federal and state-level prosecutors with ties to Bharara�s office including Steve Cohen, his former chief-of-staff, in an effort to find out Bharara�s next move, the sources said.
�He�s freaked-out, furious, and obsessed with fear, it�s like a nightmare for him. The whole narrative he laid out for his second term has been derailed by Bharara,�� said a source in regular contact with the governor.
�The narrative has been taken over by Bharara and it�s all about Albany�s corruption, not Cuomo and his program for the state,�� the source said.
State political circles are abuzz with speculation that Bharara is seeking to determine if Cuomo had any knowledge of Silver�s allegedly illegal outside income last spring when he agreed with Silver and Senate Republican Leader Dean Skelos to fold the commission.
The hair-pulling turmoil that has engulfed Assembly Democrats over the possible (and many believe likely) need to replace Silver as speaker hasn�t been seen since Syracuse-area Assembly Majority Leader Michael Bragman unsuccessfully sought to oust Silver in 2000.
A half-dozen names of possible replacements are on lawmakers� lips and here, direct from a usually authoritative Assembly member, is a late bulletin on the maneuvering: �The Queens County organization is making calls for [Queens Assemblywoman] Cathy Nolan.
�A Queens/Bronx coalition would counterbalance a Brooklyn/Manhattan coalition under [Assemblymen] Joe Lentol [Brooklyn] and Keith Wright [the Manhattan Democratic chairman], with 30 votes each.
�Bronx County Chairman [Carl Heastie] is looking like the kingmaker here.��
That said, a lot of smart money is on well-regarded Assembly Ways and Means Committee Chairman Herman �Denny� Farrell Jr. of Manhattan, a former state Democratic chairman, as a non-controversial successor to Silver, at least on a short-term �interim�� basis.
It's all pure music to my ears...
I would not hold my breath on anything happening . The apple does not fall far from the tree in the case of Cuomo.
Better late than never , I suppose. The only thing that I can hope for, Is that I hope the snowball effect just keeps getting bigger and bigger picking up all the POS's and dumps them right into the ocean....we could only be so lucky....
Originally Posted by mailmanmark
Better late than never , I suppose. The only thing that I can hope for, Is that I hope the snowball effect just keeps getting bigger and bigger picking up all the POS's and dumps them right into the ocean....we could only be so lucky....

The problem with a "snowballing" investigation is that they always come back around to somebody bigger than investigating agency can handle.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

The problem with a "snowballing" investigation is that they always come back around to somebody bigger than investigating agency can handle.

Yes
...and it�s all about Albany�s corruption...
Really? I'm shocked! whistle
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Yes

Yep...then it stops and goes away. The biggest toes don't get stepped on. smirk
It appears that Cuomos live in girlfriend thinks she is now entitled.

Sandra Lee
If he has nothing to hide he should not me worried.
It's going to give me great satisfaction to know A. Cuomo is being ass raped in a federal pen.
Maybe Cuomo will simply self-destruct. Shock and awe can do that
to someone too arrogant to think he could be vulnerable.
I won't be surprised if Coumo does a Kirchner on Bharara, and just has him killed.
Arrest them all!!!
He is a piece of filth. He is absolute garbage.

Funny but I just finished watching both seasons of "Boss", with Kelsey Grammer on Netflix.
Originally Posted by Esox357

He'd look even better dangling from a rope around his neck alongside Bloomberg.
Originally Posted by Esox357

Please stop teasing me...

Seriously though, I somewhat doubt the story in the OP. Sounds more like someone's political wet dream than reality. I'm still doubtful Cuomo's going to get his balls squeezed in a vice, but I would SOOOO love to be wrong on that.
Fred Dicker is pretty astute and has some excellent sources in the Gov's office and the legislature. I don't think it is his wetdream,just reporting the inside drift.
This could send him to prison and prevent him from holding office ever again. Beats losing an election.
Maybe the freak will get hot and sweaty and run out into the blizzard in a panic.
I hope you're right ET, but he's no more corrupt than his father, and he got to die a free man so color me skeptical. I'll keep praying for a hard fall though. I think if he goes down there's a real chance the Safe Act and the fracking "ban" could go down with him. At least that's my hope.
Originally Posted by ConradCA
This could send him to prison and prevent him from holding office ever again. Beats losing an election.

No it doesn't. You miss the point entirely. It's FAR better for the populace to vote against someone like Cuomo. It doesn't matter if dies tomorrow, the idiots of New York will but another on in office just like him.

It's not Cuomo, it's not Obama, it's the liberal POS the elect these people. That's the effing point.

No it doesn't. You miss the point entirely. It's FAR better for the populace to vote against someone like Cuomo. It doesn't matter if dies tomorrow, the idiots of New York will but another on in office just like him.

It's not Cuomo, it's not Obama, it's the liberal POS the elect these people. That's the effing point.

You're talking to a Californian. You're wasting your breath/electrons.
We are afflicted with what is a fairly common attitude I see here on the 'Fire quite often. If the opposition candidate don't walk on water, all ya hear is"They're all the same. I won't waste my time voting". That GIVES the post to the scumbags. It infuriates me especially since all I hear those people do is bitch when the scumbag does exactly as expected. The dems are in disarray. NYC is getting the bad rap they fully deserve. Vote dammit!!!!
We are afflicted with what is a fairly common attitude I see here on the 'Fire quite often. If the opposition candidate don't walk on water, all ya hear is"They're all the same. I won't waste my time voting". That GIVES the post to the scumbags. It infuriates me especially since all I hear those people do is bitch when the scumbag does exactly as expected. The dems are in disarray. NYC is getting the bad rap they fully deserve. Vote dammit!!!!

Worth repeating...
It would not BREAK MY HEART IF THIS LOUD MOUTHED,LYING ASS SCUMBAG,had a strike and died.
Today the assembly dems are in the process of kicking Silver out of his speakers post. This amy play out to be a good thing. Consider if you will the long time influence peddlar stripped of all his supports facing what amounts to life in prison. He will now throw in everybody he has the dirt on and on the dem side of the assembly that is nearly the entire NYC contingent. Likely Cuomo himself needs to be very very afraid right now. This is giving me another Evilgasm.
notice he is trying to spread his power to 5 different people hard to go to table and get 5 to agree on anything

I KNOW!!!
How about if we lock Cuomo up AND attempt to educate the voters?
© 24hourcampfire