Home
Posted By: cv540 Straw Poll---Republican Primary - 01/30/15
Instant Straw poll, If the Republican Primary was held today, who would you vote for, and briefly why?

Any and all candidates are eligible (but should be someone who has shown at least some indication that they will run.)

My vote is Scott Walker, great ideas, proven record, and the Teachers Unions just hate him.

No double votes, pick one or the results will be skewed (besides it's the other side's party that votes more than once)

Will try to edit with results for a running count.

Scott Walker------------ 2
Ted Cruz---------------- 4
Rick Santorum----------- 1
John Kasich------------- 1
Chaffetz---------------- 1
Ted Cruz.
Walker
Santorum. 0% chance of winning, but he seems to do what he says.

FC
on this day, i like Gov. John Kasich. (who?)
Cruz. He's not a liar.
Cruz/Chaffetz

I like their line of thinking, and they do what is right.
Originally Posted by cv540
Instant Straw poll, If the Republican Primary was held today, who would you vote for, and briefly why?

Any and all candidates are eligible (but should be someone who has shown at least some indication that they will run.) I will withhold my opinion for the moment so as not to taint the results.

I plumb forgot...
Cruz/Walker
Rand Paul. Ted Cruz second. Don't see any others that are even viable.
Keep em coming.......
Me.
Rand Paul....fixed the list for ya...
Walker
Cruz.... of YOUR choices.
Originally Posted by curdog4570

One in the same..
Originally Posted by Harry M

One in the same..

+2

One in the same meaning I added him to the list and he's my choice.
walker Pres'
Cruz vp
Ted Cruz

Has the presence and ability to fight against the progressive fascists. He is a great and plain speaker with the ability to show the insanity of the progressive fascists. He also has been a tireless fighter against the progressive fascists destruction of our country, against their destructive deficits and unconstitutional actions.

Scott Walker

He has the fortitude to fight for whats right against the progressive fascist unions and their supporters. He has proven that he can stand up against their evil and win.

Sarah Palin for president.

[Linked Image]
Now I remember
Scott Walker

I really like Sarah but I'd like to see her in charge of the EPA - this might make all of the liberals go insane and commit suicide . . .
Cruz may have to doctor up his birth certificate.

Early lifeEdit

Cruz was born on December 22, 1970[7][11] in Calgary, Alberta, Canada[7][17] where his parents, Eleanor Elizabeth Darragh Wilson[17][18][19][20][21][22] and Rafael Bienvenido Cruz,[20][21] were working in the oil business.[23][24] His parents owned a seismic-data processing firm for oil drillers.[20][25] Cruz's father, who was born in 1939 in Matanzas, Cuba,[20][21] as Robert T. Garrett of the Dallas Morning News has described, "suffered beatings and imprisonment for protesting the oppressive regime"[20][25] of dictator Fulgencio Batista. He fought for Fidel Castro in the Cuban Revolution[26][27] when he was 14 years old, but "didn't know Castro was a Communist."[28] A few years later he became a staunch critic of Castro when "the rebel leader took control and began seizing private property and suppressing dissent."[20][29] The elder Cruz fled Cuba in 1957, two years before the revolution, at the age of 18, landing in Austin,[25]a Cuban �migr�, to study at the University of Texas, knowing no English and with $100 sewn into his underwear.[30][31] His younger sister fought in the counter-revolution and was tortured by the new regime.[27] He remained regretful for his early support of Castro, and emphatically conveyed this remorse to his young son over the following years.[20][27] The elder Cruz worked his way through college as a dishwasher, making 50 cents an hour,[19] earning a degree in mathematics.[25] Cruz's father is a pastor in Carrollton, Texas,[18] a Dallas suburb, and became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 2005.[21]
cruz
Walker/Cruz
Seeing as how no one has actually committed yet, here is my list of whom I want to see in the primaries:

Jeb Bush
Ben Carson
Chris Christie
Ted Cruz
Mike Huckabee
Sarah Palin
Rand Paul
Rick Perry
Marco Rubio
Rick Santorum
Scott Walker
Rick Perry and Ted Cruz as his VP.
kwg
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Seeing as how no one has actually committed yet, here is my list of whom I want to see in the primaries:

Jeb Bush
Ben Carson
Chris Christie
Ted Cruz
Mike Huckabee
Sarah Palin
Rand Paul
Rick Perry
Marco Rubio
Rick Santorum
Scott Walker
Palin would turn the Presidency into a reality show and then quit in the middle.
Walker/Cruz
Bush-He is the most viable candidate at this time.
Walker 6
Cruz 9
Santorum 1
Kaish 1
Paul 2
Palin 1
Perry 1
Bush 1

That's the count I get.

Edited to add Bush.

Jeb Bush
Ben Carson
Chris Christie
Ted Cruz
Mike Huckabee
Sarah Palin
Rand Paul
Rick Perry
Marco Rubio
Rick Santorum
Scott Walker
Rand Paul has committed.
Donald Trump wants in.

Trump considering running 2016
Cruz may have to doctor up his birth certificate.

Why? We have already seen that nobody has standing to object.

Cruz. miles
My buddy, Bill,....from over in Harrison County.

He's been my candidate ever since I heard his "bullshit" speech back around 2002. It starts out, "People,...we live in a totally bullshit world".

I got on Ron Paul's bandwagon a couple of times, but he got ran off the stage for not spewing the government approved bullshit.

Bill predicted it from the beginning.

I suspected it would happen, but held out a little hope. Bill just shook his head.
Jeb! It's three strikes before your out.
bush ? wasnt it bad enough the first two times ?, think about it.
Trump/Palin
John Kasich is the sleeper. When folks get to know him he will move up fast.
Him, Santorum,Ryan, and Walker can put me to sleep halfway thru the opening paragraph of a speech.

You can't sell a Midwest guy to the rest of the country. Dem or Repub....... makes no difference. Nobody wants them, no matter how capable they may be as administrators.

Gerald Ford... Hubert Humphrey.... the list is endless.
Isn't Illinois in the Midwest? (Obama). Another vote for Walker here.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Jeb Bush
Ben Carson
Chris Christie
Ted Cruz
Mike Huckabee
Sarah Palin
Rand Paul
Rick Perry
Marco Rubio
Rick Santorum
Scott Walker
Palin would turn the Presidency into a reality show and then quit in the middle.

The election record of Sarah Palin is quite clear. She always won with less money and with more serious hard work than her opponents. Come from behind landslides over establishment incumbents.

Only race she ever lost in Alaska was second place by less than three percent in a field of five for Lieutenant Governor. She was out spent by a factor of three and despite threatening letters and phone calls warning Sarah to get out of the race; she never quit.

And after beating the GOP Good Old Boys and their establishment incumbent governor by a huge margin; Governor Palin never quit. She was forced out of office.
And Alaska did not lift a damn finger to help until it was too late.

So Sarah reloaded and went back to the national scene and joined a Tea Party. And spent the past eight years putting in more serious work; more sweat,time and energy then anyone else building that Party.
I vote for Palin.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Cruz. He's not a liar.

And fat girls don't fart.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Jeb Bush
Ben Carson
Chris Christie
Ted Cruz
Mike Huckabee
Sarah Palin
Rand Paul
Rick Perry
Marco Rubio
Rick Santorum
Scott Walker
Rand Paul has committed.

You know as much about Rand Paul as you do about Sarah Palin...
As of last Sunday...
�None of the Republicans has announced his candidacy for president. Paul has said he will make a decision on running 'some time this spring.'�
Originally Posted by byc

Yes. I must have been asleep when I forgot to include him on my list.
If it's anyone on your list other than Rubio, get ready for another 8 years of a Democrat living at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. And yes, I put my helmet on before hitting "submit".
First Rubio will have to win the primaries.
I truly don't see this country electing a republican president ever again. It is sad to say but that is truly how I feel at this point. Like a dog who's been kicked so many times he just expects it.
First Rubio will have to win the primaries.

You nailed it, Bowsinger. We kill ourselves in the primaries every time.....did anyone watch the Iowa spectacle? Unelectable at its finest.....
Walker/Rubio

Palin as energy Czar
I think we should all get online,bitch,sit home and let Hillary win!!!
Cruz
Walker/Paul
Walker..
Who is the one most like Romney, McCain, Bush, Dole, Bush, Reagan? That will be the one we will be pledging our total support to.
As much as I like Sarah Palin I don't think she would help by being on the Republican presidential ticket.

Originally Posted by byc

I am from Ohio...I'm not sure where all the support for Kasich comes from, but he'd not get my vote.
Originally Posted by Savage_99
As much as I like Sarah Palin I don't think she would help by being on the Republican presidential ticket.

Yeah, I don't think we could trick those who vote Libertarian/Constitutional Party(or flat out don't vote, but are interested in getting freedom privileges) in to voting for her again after she has supported McCain since 2008.
Walker is my initial pick. Upcoming primaries will be helpful to further refine that.
Originally Posted by mikeone
I think we should all get online,bitch,sit home and let Hillary win!!!

That could happen...
Walker/Cruz, although I think the minorities would relate to Cruz as President more favorably.
Originally Posted by Savage_99

I have asked this before...what if Sarah repeats what she did in 2008 for McCain. If she put McCain ahead of Obama, what can she do for herself as top of the ticket? Without the McCain Staff Stupids pulling her down?

Turn Palin loose in the primaries and we will soon see if I am right.
I was wrong in 2012...
© 24hourcampfire