Home
Posted By: Bristoe 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
Winter has about knocked me dead. Now here it is,...the tulips are pokin' a turtle head in central Kentucky,..alla sudden, we got 2 damn feet of snow on the way.

I'm too fuggin' old fer this bullshit. I'm liable ta take hostages and demand a helicopter to grassy key enny damn minnit.

Now,...Steelhead is gonna jump in and tell me that the only reason it bothers me is because I'm a borin' fugger. I won't even argue the point. I don't givva chit. I may be borin',...I dunno,...I don't care,..but this damn North Pole chit has done drove me crazy.

I don't know how you fuggin' yankees get by,....I really don't.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
I was afraid it was gonna get down here. Fer the past 2 weeks I been watchin' the news,...and they always got somebody from Boston with his head wrapped up in a bathroom rug turban,...talkin' about how he's fixin' to go shovel snow off the roof with his Crispus Attucks autograph snow shovel so the damn thing don't cave in own him.

Fuggit,......I'd rather be a street person in Marathon Florida than have to get up every morning in Boston and shovel the roof of my mansion to keep it from pilin' in own toppa me.

Does that make me crazy?

I don't think so.
Posted By: viking Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
On the bright side it wont last long.
I dunno,....there's 4 of 5 days before it get's above 32 degrees.
Posted By: eh76 Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
we got a half inch of snow today but it melted smile
Posted By: MadMooner Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
Don't fret Bristoe, lots of old ladies bitch about the weather. Talked to moms today. She sounded just like ya laugh
You sound like a good candidate fer a hostage, guy.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
Damn a snowflake. And while I am at it, pi$$ on temperatures below freezing at any other time than deer season.
Phugg it, get drunk and enjoy the white.
,...be own the news tomorrow night,...

"Hillbilly and his moonshiner hostage cross Chattanooga on the way to the keys. 14 armed government retards activated."
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Phugg it, get drunk and enjoy the white.

I'm there,....haven't you noticed?
Posted By: stxhunter Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
been in the 70s 80s all week here.....
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Damn a snowflake. And while I am at it, pi$$ on temperatures below freezing at any other time than deer season.

Hey guy,...what you gonna do while alla this stuff makes its way outta here?

I wish I was down on my place in Pulaski County,....keepin warm in a pop up with a big fire burnin' out front.
Buncha dang sissies out in the southeast! laugh When it gets -50 F then complain wink
Posted By: Blackheart Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
Quit whinin, you'll live. The snow is azz deep to a tall giraffe here and has been for weeks. I had to clear my driveway 3 times today cuz the damned hurricane force winds kept drifting it in. It never got above zero all day and with the wind chill it was about -30.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
I'm all for going to the Keys. Just don't get me shot by Barney Fife when we head past Mayberry.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

Hey guy,...what you gonna do while alla this stuff makes its way outta here?

I wish I was down on my place in Pulaski County,....keepin warm in a pop up with a big fire burnin' out front.

wallow my pistol around in my mouth.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
I don't have to shovel the damn snow off the roof. I got a roof rake, (google it if you don't know what they are). Getting all that crap off the roof also helps prevent ice dams (another one to google). Tomorrow I'm gonna spend at least half my day on snowshoes reading gas and electric meters. It's my semi-retirement gig and my route tomorrow is almost all outdoor meters which means walking around behind and alongside homes and buildings where there's usually no cleared path and that stuff is pretty deep. Snowshoes are priceless for navigating this mess. And it's currently about zero degrees here on the south shore of Lake Ontario but the damn wind is givin us about a minus 15 to 20 degree wind chill factor. High tomorrow about 10. This is the kind of winter that; when spring finally arrives, you'll think you died and went to heaven. Does that make me crazy?... Sort of... Right now I'm just counting the days until spring and spending more time than usual in the reloading room.
Don't be extreme, guy,..it'll be gone soon enough.

Go get a bottle and some cranberry juice.
Posted By: bcolorado Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
Ya can always come and join a bunch of us in Arizona next week. cool

Weather for the get together...

Warm with plenty of sunshine
76° Lo 41°
Hist. Avg.
56° Lo 28°

Very warm with plenty of sun
78° Lo 42°
Hist. Avg.
57° Lo 28°

Mostly cloudy and warm
75° Lo 43°
Hist. Avg.
57° Lo 28°

Mostly cloudy and warm
73° Lo 42°
Hist. Avg.
57° Lo 28°

Partly sunny
68° Lo 49°
Hist. 57°
Lo Avg.28°
Posted By: White_Bear Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
Not much snow in the forecast up here but lows of -20F & colder all week. I'll trade you for your snow. smile
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
[Linked Image]
Don't be extreme, guy,..it'll be gone soon enough.

Go get a bottle and some cranberry juice.

That was a tad extreme. I'll nurse around on a bottle of Michter's and hope to wait it out.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
-4 here right now.....lovely.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
I was hoping for the snow here but it shifted north. I have a hill in the back to sleigh ride on, the dogs would love playing in it and so would I.

Being a kid is always a good thing, being miserable, not so much.
Posted By: NathanL Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
Just came in off the balconey smoking a cigar. It was 66F with a light breeze.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I was hoping for the snow here but it shifted north. I have a hill in the back to sleigh ride on, the dogs would love play in it and so would I.

There's a road north from wherever you are.

Don't be a puzzy,...and don't be boring.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
It's been a rather snowless winter here. I have a feeling we are in for one more, big and bad storm...I hope I am wrong.
Speakin' o'cranberry juice,..

Back when I was a young man with my first wife,...I worked her pretty hard.

I'm talkin' 'bout, "humpa-humpa-HUMP!" It'd go on all damn day.

First thing yanno, she has an ice pack on her puzzy,..makin' an appointment with the doctor.

The doctor'd tell her, "You aw-ite,...you just been hosed. Drink cranberry juice".

So there it was in the 'fridge all the time.

So I started mixin' it with Stoli.

That's how it came to be.
Posted By: add Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
laugh
I hope her new husband ain't readin' this chit. He's a big fugger. I'll have to hit him in the head with this snow shovel I just bought.
Posted By: OIDabble Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
What seems to be the problem?
Posted By: garyh9900 Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
It could be the great 1994 snow storm all over again.
Originally Posted by OIDabble
What seems to be the problem?

you tell *me*.
Posted By: dogzapper Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15

Sh1t, we were 64º and sunny today. It's supposed to be over 60º all of next week ... the crocuses, narcissus are out and our daffodils have been breaking out of the ground.

That is really amazing for this time of year.

Steve

Posted By: Teal Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
I think it hit 4 today.
Posted By: mountainclmbr Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
It is global warming. If you think you see snow it means you are insane.
Posted By: byc Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
Guys...the tulips and daffodils will be fine. What's the big freaking deal!?

You're lucky to even find a snow shovel this season.

Geesh!!
Posted By: MissouriEd Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
Had a high of 12 here today, 50 mi west of St. Louis. 5 now and snowing, forecast up to 6 inches. May get to test my new snow blower tomorrow.
Posted By: Teal Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
Bought a used snowblower this weekend. 8hp, electric start and about 4000 lbs.

Sorta figure I've just made sure it never snows in WI again.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
Looks like we have snow heading this way as well. I better get the sled ready! Nothing better than coming in worn out from sledding to a good deer roast!
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
buy a snowmachine Bristoe, it's like riding a motor bike

but you cut across yards and don't tear up the lawn

yeeeehaaawwww!
I got full faith and confidence in B. Ya'll get talking about a snowblower and he'll build one in his garage out of an old washing machine motor and a radio flyer.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I was hoping for the snow here but it shifted north. I have a hill in the back to sleigh ride on, the dogs would love playing in it and so would I.

And being a miserable kid is unbearable!
I'm really disappointed that the snow is missing us. Looks like a bunch of ice, fun stuff.
Posted By: JGray Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
All this talk of snow - took the family to Fairmont Hot Springs today and spent the day in the outdoor pool/hot tubs getting a sun burn (on my face, anyway). Still waiting for the next blast of winter I know is coming - keeps life interesting... grin
buncha damn pansy asses
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
Winter has about knocked me dead. Now here it is,...the tulips are pokin' a turtle head in central Kentucky,..alla sudden, we got 2 damn feet of snow on the way.

I'm too fuggin' old fer this bullshit. I'm liable ta take hostages and demand a helicopter to grassy key enny damn minnit.

Now,...Steelhead is gonna jump in and tell me that the only reason it bothers me is because I'm a borin' fugger. I won't even argue the point. I don't givva chit. I may be borin',...I dunno,...I don't care,..but this damn North Pole chit has done drove me crazy.

I don't know how you fuggin' yankees get by,....I really don't.

They got liquor joints bigger than football stadiums!!
Posted By: EvilTwin Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
grinCandyasses grin

[Linked Image]

-17 degrees grin
You ain't far from Sumner!
grinSnowshoe trip destination grin
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by bcolorado
Ya can always come and join a bunch of us in Arizona next week. cool

Weather for the get together...

Warm with plenty of sunshine
76° Lo 41°
Hist. Avg.
56° Lo 28°

Very warm with plenty of sun
78° Lo 42°
Hist. Avg.
57° Lo 28°

Mostly cloudy and warm
75° Lo 43°
Hist. Avg.
57° Lo 28°

Mostly cloudy and warm
73° Lo 42°
Hist. Avg.
57° Lo 28°

Partly sunny
68° Lo 49°
Hist. 57°
Lo Avg.28°

And 150F a little later with wind that bends the power poles! crazy mad
Posted By: Mac84 Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
0342 hrs and the temp has dipped to -22.
Posted By: CaneSlinger Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
At 5:30 a.m. here it's -22°F (-30°C). Sunday the high temp for the day was -4°F (-20°C). That's close to a record low for this time of year.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
just move to some place nice,like boston.

7ft in 23days in boston

we're supposed to up to 12" in va. tonight.hey,if its going to stay this cold you are better off with snow on the roof. snow helps insulate.we had 7deg this morning and they are saying -5 later this week.seems like all i get done is dumping more pellets in the stove.
Perfect weather for making tricycle motors.
Posted By: Redneck Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
Originally Posted by teal
Bought a used snowblower this weekend. 8hp, electric start and about 4000 lbs.

Sorta figure I've just made sure it never snows in WI again.
laugh laugh

Compared to last winter this one has been a piece of cake.. Maybe 3" of snow on the grounds, dry roads, sunshine now most days, and even January was rather balmy.. I don't think I've used 2 gallons of diesel to clear the driveway to date.. Last year I hadda fill up the TANK about 3 times...

'Nother 6 weeks and I may be able to roll out one of the Harleys.. Yeeehaaaa!

Originally Posted by srwshooter
just move to some place nice,like boston.

7ft in 23days in boston

we're supposed to up to 12" in va. tonight.

grinWellll, since last weekend when we wuz getting hammered, an erstwhile resident of Va. texted me that it wuz 70 degrees, birds singing grasshoppers were out and walking with his gorgeous wife, I get an Evilgasm that the cruddy weather is about to hit ya'll grin

-12 this AM w/-25 to -50 wc
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
It's been a rather snowless winter here. I have a feeling we are in for one more, big and bad storm...I hope I am wrong.

Climate change is a hoax but the patterns have definitely changed. As a kid we'd have to wade through the snow and get up to a week off from school frequently. Now the storms circumvent us but it's no gift.

We still get single digits with strong winds pushing the WCF to -20s frequently. So it's frigid brown-grey winter -- enough to throw one into a depression after a couple of months.

Plus I can't hunt the wild dogs the way I'd like.
Posted By: Raeford Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15

grinWellll, since last weekend when we wuz getting hammered, an erstwhile resident of Va. texted me that it wuz 70 degrees, birds singing grasshoppers were out and walking with his gorgeous wife, I get an Evilgasm that the cruddy weather is about to hit ya'll grin

-12 this AM w/-25 to -50 wc [/quote]
No doubt that was a sign of chit to come. It was nice while it lasted.
Posted By: 1Longbow Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
70 Here today ,windows and doors open. Nice and sunny
Posted By: garyh9900 Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
So far the snow is underperforming here in London-Laurel County. We are in the in 8-16" range, and I see about 2 inches on the ground and light snow still falling.
Posted By: splattermatic Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
Was a beautiful day to go fishing with my wife yesterday!
[Linked Image]
I've been camping out in the bed all day. Finally got up to assess the situation.

Aspen Colorado would love this stuff,...the air is filled with very fine powder and it's been coming down steadily for quite a while with no end in sight.

Oh well.

Somebody somewhere likes it.

Personally, I prefer looking at central Ky through a pair of wraparounds while astride a motorcycle when it's like this.

[Linked Image]

I'll trade you my 1/4" of ice for your snow.
I'd stick a bottle of Vodka, or three, in a snow bank and call it a day.
Posted By: BMT Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
Weird Weather all around.

Daffodils and tulips poppin' here.

Should be cold and wet.

BMT
Posted By: MoBassMan Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
Got our 1st real snow of the year here this a.m., which is unusual. About 4 inches of really dry stuff, that I was able to clear with the leaf blower.

I'm done with Winter. I'd move, but have a new Granddaughter, and my boy just bought a house a few months back. If I moved, I'd have to find a new wife, and that won't work.

On the bright side, I guess I can get one last ski trip in, at the local place. They try keeping it open, but it sucks, cause it's usually icy as phug.
Posted By: shreck Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/16/15
I'm up in Ohio right now, I've decided to stop calling them 'yankees'. Now I call 'em 'yetties',
Posted By: Okanagan Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/17/15
Y'all need to get your snow tamed down. Up here in far western Canada our snow is plumb civilized. We can go visit it any day of the year but it knows its place and stays on the mountains (most of the time).

Our tulips are 6" high but I spent yesterday snow shoeing after lynx, and took my wife for a snow view picnic for lunch today, five miles off of the Trans Canada freeway. View from the boat launch and picnic area below.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

After a refreshing visit with the snow we go home to green lawns and blooming flowers (and we can do that in July or August as well).

Just hope we don't get one of our killer ice storms now!

Posted By: CharlieFoxtrot Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/17/15
It got a little sporty Saturday with the blizzard warning, 50 mph winds, 0* temps, and the I don't know how to figure out how far below zero windchill. Now it's just cold with snow that sounds like walking on styrofoam. Don't expect to see dry pavement for at least a month. Great Lakes are damn near froze over. Another day in paradise.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/17/15
bristoe you been beating on that twat, if i had my old lady snowed in i'd make the pussy suffer.
Posted By: ConradCA Re: 11" to 16" of snow - 02/17/15
Originally Posted by teal
I think it hit 4 today.

Shorts and t-shirts today in Silicon Valley. Great day for the beach and working on your tan.
© 24hourcampfire