Home
Posted By: Jamie Febuary weather - 02/16/15
While the east coast is waist deep in snow.
We're having some kind of el nino over here that's screwed up the weather. This time of year we get freezing temps and maybe even snow. Todays highs were in the 60's, plants Think its spring, I even mowed the lawn yesterday. It's nice now but the water shortages this summer will suck, not to mention the fire season.
Today on the beach
[Linked Image]
We dug a couple of limits of razor clams at low tide.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Febuary weather - 02/16/15

We were shooting rabbits in 65 degree weather in Montana. Let's hear it for global warming...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Febuary weather - 02/16/15
We are expecting about -8 below later this week. It has been fairly mild up to now.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Febuary weather - 02/16/15
Was looking at the lawn today, going to need mowing before long.
Posted By: Jamie Re: Febuary weather - 02/16/15
I hate mowing but the grass has been growing and if I put it off the it would take twice as long.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Febuary weather - 02/16/15
6-8" of snow, maybe more, is forecasted tonight here. First real snowfall of the year that's amounted to anything.
supposed to be over 60* again today.
Posted By: Okanagan Re: Febuary weather - 02/16/15
Yep, weird weather in the PNW. Daffodils blooming in Lincoln City, OR when we were there at the beach last week & our tulip shoots are 6" high here on the Canadian side of the line. We have not had a single day of good tracking snow this winter.

Yesterday I went inland across the mountains to call lynx on the last day of season, and hit freeze/thaw spring break-up weather almost to timberline. At dawn the patchy snow was frozen so hard that I watched a couple of moose walk on foot deep snow without leaving a track (where normally the snow should be 3 or 4 foot deep powder). By afternoon some sections of main logging road were deeply rutted mud.

Nice bunch of clams! Razors are the best.

Posted By: high_country_ Re: Febuary weather - 02/16/15
I saw a guy in a jeep with no top yesterday. The local mountain that has been the farmers reference for ever has been bare for a week. it is said that when it becomes bare, plant away. I have flowers coming up in the yard.....an I am only one county south of Canada.....
Posted By: Wacenturion Re: Febuary weather - 02/16/15
Ditto on the exceptionally nice weather in Washington. I'll also be mowing my yard today. Should have gone clam digging this weekend.....beautiful weather.
Posted By: dogzapper Re: Febuary weather - 02/16/15
Our flowering cherry trees are blooming like crazy. We have daffodils and crocus blooming.

The prediction today is for 65ยบ and hard sun. Same for tomorrow.

That is so weird, considering it is a snow hurricane back East.

Steve
Posted By: asphaltangel Re: Febuary weather - 02/16/15

Hi Jamie!

It's been some great riding weather on the East side as well. I've been riding my brother's mountain bike to work. I'm loving the mild temps!
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Febuary weather - 02/16/15
You can all GFY!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Febuary weather - 02/16/15
I've been looking at the weather pattern over Siberia. Normally, the lows tend to oscillate west to east, causing the jet stream to flow in a sine wave-like pattern. That in turn brings storms to the Western US across the sub-Arctic/Aleutians. As the Siberian lows shift, so do the storm tracks here, from west to east.

Over the past two months, however, the pattern seems to be "stuck" with little oscillation. So storms are dropping in farther to the east. I'm hoping the Siberian pattern finally shifts and brings the jet stream/storm track back to its normal path. And it needs to happen soon, or the West will get no snow at all this year.
I should have taken a picture of the Olympic mountains yesterday, I had a great view of them. There's no snow on most of the mountains, Looked like a summer view. I heard on the radio this morning that a couple of the ski resorts are filing bankruptcy. If we don't get a wet/cold spring, this summer is going to be a dry mess.
Posted By: huntinaz Re: Febuary weather - 02/16/15
Yeah it's BS. I had to pull weeds yesterday. Unreal. Got down to 23 this morning and I was pumped! Hasn't even been freezing every night for the last two weeks.
Posted By: J23 Re: Febuary weather - 02/16/15
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
You can all GFY!

[Linked Image]

+1 sir. I haven't seen my field in months to cut it!!
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: Febuary weather - 02/16/15
-18 here in pennsylvania this morning!
Posted By: Redneck Re: Febuary weather - 02/17/15
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
You can all GFY!

[Linked Image]
LMAO... Looks to me like you got, this year, what we had gotten LAST year...

And you can have it... smile
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Febuary weather - 02/17/15
Southern Idaho has also been unusually warm with many days in the 60 range and little frost at night. It got down to 20 last night which is the coldest in a month. We do have a decent snowpack in the mountains so far, though. They're releasing water from the reservoirs to make room for it later.
Posted By: NTG Re: Febuary weather - 02/17/15
Similar here. I wonder if we'll get February in April...
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Febuary weather - 02/17/15
February is our most pleasant month (IMHO) but this is warmer than normal. I am mowing my lawn twice a week right now to keep up.It is warm enough that the nitrogen in the winter fertilizing is kicking in! I haven't worn a jacket in 3 weeks, even camping! It's going to be a dry summer though with no snow in the mountains
Posted By: Huntz Re: Febuary weather - 02/17/15
Not much snow here,but plenty cold for February.January was actually nice.All the bizz up here are dying cause of no snowmobiling.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Febuary weather - 02/17/15
Today's report says that southern Idaho is 16 degrees above normal so far for Feb.
Posted By: UtahLefty Re: Febuary weather - 02/17/15
40-60* F here most of the month so far. three **yes three** wildfires so far this month too.....
Posted By: rost495 Re: Febuary weather - 02/18/15
Has been in the mid 80s a few times here already.

Seems like the coldest of the winter is coming next week though according to forecasts to be in the 20s for lows, with 3 arctic based fronts arriving in a row supposedly.

As much as we need the rain, I wish the humidity and rain would quit for 2 weeks to let me get my sausage dried without molding.... dehumidifier is working overtime right now...

Posted By: Redneck Re: Febuary weather - 02/18/15
-15F here at 6 am... Wind is outta the NW at 25.. Hadda go 2 outta 3 falls with the Boxers to get a spot close to it.. laugh laugh
Posted By: Huntr Re: Febuary weather - 02/18/15
50's-60's here... So very strange for this time of year. Driving to Durango, CO. Every morning for work has me quite concerned for the summer seeing how little snowpack there is in the High country.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Febuary weather - 02/18/15
"February made me shiver, with every paper I'd deliver; bad news on the doorstep - I couldn't take one more step ..."
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Febuary weather - 02/18/15
Last weekend of deer season,2/8, it was 70 degrees; tonight it's going down to 13 degrees. Saturday it will be 63; think I will go kayak fishing , usually catch my biggest bass this time of year. Welcome to winter in Alabama.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Febuary weather - 02/18/15
Likely going to have a hell of a fire season out west this year. Should make for good hunting in the burned over areas in a couple years.
Posted By: Bama_Rick Re: Febuary weather - 02/18/15
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Last weekend of deer season,2/8, it was 70 degrees; tonight it's going down to 13 degrees. Saturday it will be 63; think I will go kayak fishing , usually catch my biggest bass this time of year. Welcome to winter in Alabama.

Speckled Trout! laugh
© 24hourcampfire