Home
Well, me & The Redhead have been gettin' along pretty well. To continue with the previous rodeo metaphor, not only did she not buck me off into the barb-wire fence (that's pronounced "bobwirefants" here in west Texas) turns out she was pretty well saddle-broke and bridle-wise already.

We had that conversation a while back where we was sittin' on the couch and she sez, "Maybe we could get married." And I said, "Well, that's a fine idea, but who'd have us?" Which made her laugh, which is a good sign, I figger.

But it's not a bad idea, so last weekend I decided it was proper to put a ring on her finger just and sorta make an honest woman out of her. Which I guess means we is engaged, although neither one of us is really interested in tying the knot formally for a good long while... two previous bad rodeos for each of us makes that step seem a mite drastic for now.

We've met each other's kids, which isn't that easy a deal, since we was both briefly hitched to poor mounts in our second rodeos, and the kids were a mite leery of the prospect of another one... but mine have all met her and love her, and hers have mostly all met me and allow as I don't smell so bad, so that's one less thing to worry about. My elder daughter is pizzed that she's not engaged yet, but short of me holdin' a shotgun to her boyfriend's head to get her rodeo launched, I don't see there's much I can do about that, so I ain't gonna worry about it.

Anyways, that's the news. Now let's get back to regular business. I got to go to the range and work out loads for my new 9.3X74R double.
Congrats Doc! smile

I wish you both many happy years together.
Well congrats. I think. Hard to read into that post. LOL.
Congrats Doc!!!
Wait a minute. Hold it. We need to see pictures of this new double rifle.

Congratulations, also, for finding the right one.

Redhead that is.
Congrats to you, condolences to her ( wink ), and let the kids deal with their own crap (they are "grown", right?).
Congrats!!!
my mom always told us boys... "chose only a date that would make a good mate"....
Hot dang. Congratulations Doc.
congrats Doc grin
Congratulations, sir!

Ed
Good news.. Congrats Doc!

g
Did she force you to not answer my text? smile
As long as she doesn't force you to move to Oregon you'll be good.
Congrats Doc!
Really goon news is getting hard to fine now days. Congratulations and thanks for making me smile this morning.

So, now I have to find another dove, coyote, bobcat and quail hunting buddy, huh?
Well, congrats and good fortune anyway James. smile
Good news today indeed! Best wishes to ya both..
Congratulations, Sir!
Congrats Doc!
Cannot fathom what going through a "bad rodeo or two" would be like. eek
Pat... what text?

eyeball... no, once I get the house unpacked and the job situation sorted out we'll be huntin' again as usual!!
Congrats and good luck, Doc.
Originally Posted by Raeford
Congrats Doc!

Hope you never do.
Next week will be 30 years.
She's almost, just-a-bout, kinda sorta getting close to thinking about seeing things the way I do, almost, maybe.
Well, not exactly.
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Congrats Doc!

Hope you never do.

AMEN
so you're saying she'd be safe in the top bunk?
Hope you 2 live a grand life together, at least until you're married anyways. grin

Seriously though Doc, congrats to you both.
Happy for ya doc smile
congrats Amigo!
Originally Posted by stxhunter

A damn sight safer'n Chewie!!!!
eek
Well done, sir! May the honeymoon never end!

A damn sight safer'n Chewie!!!!
eek
LMAO
Congrats Doc!

Hope you never do.

And a hearty CONGRATS to you both from NW Arkansas.

Re: Raeford's sentiments . . . My bride and I have been together for a bit over 39 years and married for 38 3/4 of them. Don't know if I could handle a 2nd rodeo if something happened to us. I'd miss her too much and I'm too set in my ways to try to break-in another wink .

BTW - my bride used to be a redhead, but now she's a silver fox grin - guess it worked out for us . . . at least so far.
Good to hear Doc!
3rd time? Geez, it's like you're breaking into prison.
Good luck anyway.
Congrats Doc.
Hey Doc.....DON'T HAVE ANY WEDDING CAKE!!

That 'sheet' totally destroys a good sex life!!
Hide the sharp utensils while sleeping and rock on!
Congrats Doc on getting the double 9.3x74R...oh and getting engaged too. smile

Doc, congrat's on relationship building. The best to both of you.

On another note, I had a Chapuis double in 9.3x74 and it is a delightful cartridge and was in a classy platform even though rather pedestrian as double rifles go. It's sort of a "375 H&H on a mild sedative." Sure took care of an American bison in fine fashion.

You'll enjoy it.
Good luck Doc.
I recommend that you should be engaged for at least 10 years before tying the knot. You need to get to know her real well.
That's the plan, Bart.
Congrats Doc! I'm thinking West Texas is growing on you!
Well, me & The Redhead have been gettin' along pretty well. To continue with the previous rodeo metaphor, not only did she not buck me off into the barb-wire fence (that's pronounced "bobwirefants" here in west Texas) turns out she was pretty well saddle-broke and bridle-wise already.

We had that conversation a while back where we was sittin' on the couch and she sez, "Maybe we could get married." And I said, "Well, that's a fine idea, but who'd have us?" Which made her laugh, which is a good sign, I figger.

But it's not a bad idea, so last weekend I decided it was proper to put a ring on her finger just and sorta make an honest woman out of her. Which I guess means we is engaged, although neither one of us is really interested in tying the knot formally for a good long while... two previous bad rodeos for each of us makes that step seem a mite drastic for now.

We've met each other's kids, which isn't that easy a deal, since we was both briefly hitched to poor mounts in our second rodeos, and the kids were a mite leery of the prospect of another one... but mine have all met her and love her, and hers have mostly all met me and allow as I don't smell so bad, so that's one less thing to worry about. My elder daughter is pizzed that she's not engaged yet, but short of me holdin' a shotgun to her boyfriend's head to get her rodeo launched, I don't see there's much I can do about that, so I ain't gonna worry about it.

Anyways, that's the news. Now let's get back to regular business. I got to go to the range and work out loads for my new 9.3X74R double.

Congrats Doc, couldn't have happened to a finer gentleman. I wish you and her the best of times.
What the [bleep] are you thinking ???
Originally Posted by smarquez
3rd time? Geez, it's like you're breaking into prison.
Good luck anyway.

Third time's a charm! Congratulations, Doc!
Oh geez! Now you'll stop hanging out and we'll never hear from you again!
[Linked Image]
Congrats Doc !!

Hopefully our paths will cross again and I'll meet the new missus.
Hearty congratulations, Doc!

(Otter's story is darned near a duplicate of mine)
Congrats Doc!
Well, here's the only photo I've got of the 9.3X74R so far...

[Linked Image]
Doc I found your wedding cake!

[Linked Image]
Good news Doc, congratulations!
Congrats Doc!
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Good luck Doc.
I recommend that you should be engaged for at least 10 years before tying the knot. You need to get to know her real well.

^^^This^^^. Good advise!

I'm going for a Blonde next go round, since both of my Ex's were redheads! wink
Yeah, well I married a brunette the first time, a blonde the second, so redhead's all that's left...
Yeah, well I married a brunette the first time, a blonde the second, so redhead's all that's left...

There's gray...
Well, here's the only photo I've got of the 9.3X74R so far...

[Linked Image]
That's nice Doc. cool
I'm married to a redhead. First and only!

Good luck Doc -

Whereabouts in W. TX did you end up in?
Congrats Doc.

When you have to post the 9.3X74R in the classifieds, could you include more pics? grin
Congrats
but they don't have a [bleep] clue about the top bunk....
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=t8-n1dkiyJE[/video]

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=o-NPf2p4sfY[/video]
You're a better man than me and that says a lot! grin

No more redheads for this gent! Most especially, NO MORE redheaded attorneys!

Congrats.
Originally Posted by ringworm
[Linked Image]

That is only done by people like okok and varmintguy. grin
Congrats
Prayers sent.
douche bag
Originally Posted by okok
Prayers sent.

I heard you died

Doc, congratulations. I hope you have a great life with your new bride to be.
Ya know my wife have had this discussion a few times over the years. Whilst we are happy as chitt in marriage, if one of us dropped dead tomorrow what? Me, I would hole up at the place in the mountains of north Idaho and not consider a marriage at all. She would bounce between the place in the Hill Country and north Idaho and fend of those chasing her.
Doc,

saw this on facebook today. congrats.

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qdwURyIqkgc[/video]
Well, damn....

...the He Man Woman-Haters Club loses yet another member......

there's always bald...
Ten year engagement should tell you all you want to know. Congrats. Here's to long engagements. smile
Good luck to you Doc!

As my sister said before her third and current marriage, "Well either it's third times a charm or three strikes and I'm out."
Congrats to you both Doc, I'm glad for you.

Red heads are special, more importantly, finding the right one is, and it sounds as though you both did.

We once touched on this briefly, but make sure way down the road you're still singing this to her.
Congrats! When's the party?
Not sure if original or stolen, but a bud with a RH wife has said: 'Danger is my middle name: I married a redheaded gal!'

Much luck to you both, James.

--Chewie
A wise man once said, "Never buy a pair of shoes without trying them on and walking around the store a bit."

A redhead, huh? Better cinch down and hold on!

[video:youtube]v=QvXpEb_YWzI[/video]

Sounds kind of scary, but I'm happy for you…..I think.

…. she not buck me off into the barb-wire fence (that's pronounced "bobwirefants" here in west Texas)…...

BTW, what language do they speak in Texas anyway? grin
Congrats Doc!

you have any plans on pointing your wagon north come the end of september?
Congrats Doc
Doc, I'm very late to the dance on this thread having missed Part I & II.

When did you meet this lady if it's OK to ask ?
hmmm I'm sensing a connection here

T therapy = happy Redhead

ride em cowboy!

happy for you Doc

but a bit bewildered, can't fathom getting married again after kids are raised.

so come clean wid it, how much loot we talking about here? (jk)

happiness is too often fleeting, best to grab it while the getting is good
284... it's OK to ask. I met her a while ago. Here in west Texas. She's a natural-born Texan, an Austin native as it happens, but hasn't lived there since she was 18. That's all I got to share.
All the best to a good guy here at the 24HCF.
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Congrats Doc!

you have any plans on pointing your wagon north come the end of september?

Count on it!
Doc,

If this doesn't work out, can we make fun of you?

Travis
You're asking permission to make fun of somebody? Come to your senses or put your Flave Card in timeout for a day.
Originally Posted by deflave
Doc,

Travis

Count on it!
In one thread Doc's extollin' the virtues of testosterone pellets. In another thread he's marryin' a redhead.

Sounds like they work,....but be damned if I could survive anything that leads to a third wife.

Testosterone might get my dick through another courtship but I'd need some damn high tech pills get my liver to the far side of one.
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
You're asking permission to make fun of somebody? Come to your senses or put your Flave Card in timeout for a day.

I'm born again.

Travis
This post sucks without pics....

W
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

I'm born again.

Travis

God help y'all!
Congrats Doc, I'm happy for you.
Greg

Congrats. Is she coming to the hog hunt?
I'm coming into this pretty late, so I'm not reading 10 pages o comments and I'll need pictures to verify. Send direct, this bunch don't deserve to see 'em!

On a serious note, mucho congrats!
Doc will be catching up with Sam (Mannlicher) in the serial marriage department.
woofer... sorry, it's just gonna have to continue to suck!

tjm... nope, she's got a sales meeting in N'Awlins that weekend.

Steelhead... catchin' up don't mean caught... Sam's on #4 now, ain't he?
Aw, what the hell. Since I already posted a pic of my rifle, I guess I can post a pic of The Redhead.

[Linked Image]
Aw, what the hell. Since I already posted a pic of my rifle, I guess I can post a pic of The Redhead.

[Linked Image]

I done seen pitures and that ain't her! That little gal ain't got nuthin' on yer betrothed! laugh

Ed
Hmmmm.... I coulda swore that was her, but now that I look closer, yer right.

Maybe it's one of these pics...

[Linked Image]
Iffin' yer gonna get wet anyway, might as well jump in to the deep end of the pool! Congratulations. wink smile
woofer... sorry, it's just gonna have to continue to suck!

tjm... nope, she's got a sales meeting in N'Awlins that weekend.

Steelhead... catchin' up don't mean caught... Sam's on #4 now, ain't he?

Considering the age difference, I figure you to surpass him by age 64.

Of course I spent 19 years single after my divorce. There will not be another if this one don't work.
Doc,

Travis

Count on it!

The more important question is, "Will you come on here for potential separation advice - should that happen- so we can have fun on your dime?" grin
I am late reading this. CONGRATS Doc and best wishes your way.

BTW - my bride used to be a redhead, but now she's a silver fox smile - guess it worked out for us . . . at least so far.

That is us except it has stuck for 50 years in our case.
Stuck for 50 years is good. I'd like to stay stuck with this one, I'll settle for 30.
Hmmmm.... I coulda swore that was her, but now that I look closer, yer right. Maybe it's one of these pics...
[Linked Image]

YUP! That's her! laugh

Ed

How did a picture of Bristoe get on this thread?
© 24hourcampfire