Home
Posted By: xxclaro Tinnitus treatment? - 02/24/15
Seem to recall some talk of a potentially effective cure or treatment for tinnitus on here some time back. Any update on this? Was hoping it was for real and there was something a guy could do, but not seeing anything up here anyway.
Posted By: add Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/24/15
Was this it?

[Linked Image]

Posted By: MichiganScott Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/24/15
Originally Posted by add
Was this it?

[Linked Image]

Works as well as anything.
Posted By: mudstud Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/24/15
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Seem to recall some talk of a potentially effective cure or treatment for tinnitus on here some time back. Any update on this? Was hoping it was for real and there was something a guy could do, but not seeing anything up here anyway.

It is Lipo-Flavonoid Plus. I just started taking it yesterday, so in another 59 days, I'll let you know if it helps! Picked mine up at WalMart.
Posted By: xxclaro Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/24/15
Please do so, I'd really like to know i it works.
Posted By: 5thShock Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/24/15
It's a symptom as I understand it. What works for one person may not get at the condition that causes it in another. Lots of non prescription, non doctor remedies, vitamins, herbs, foods, exercise to enhance circulation and so on.
Posted By: doubletap Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/24/15
The only thing that I found that helps is Scotch, lots of it. It doesn't make the noise go away but it makes me not care.
Posted By: byc Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/24/15
I have it and it drives me nuts. Especially, when I first wake up. It's like swamp noise going off in my head.

I do find that if I keep active and moving around that it reduces the white noise. I am also taking vitamin B-12 shots for circulation.
Posted By: whipholt_wahoo Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/24/15
never let it be quiet.
as long as I have some back ground sound,like a fan,I don't notice.
Posted By: ihookem Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/25/15
I have it. I noticed less sugar in my diet helped.
Posted By: bubbajay Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/25/15
Originally Posted by doubletap
The only thing that I found that helps is Scotch, lots of it. It doesn't make the noise go away but it makes me not care.

Vodka also works.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/25/15
Originally Posted by bubbajay

Vodka also works.

Rum too.
Posted By: Timberlake Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/25/15
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by bubbajay

Vodka also works.

Rum too.

Those things may work, but you'll end up with two problems.
Actually......alcohol is one of the things that can make your ear sing a song.

Various foods can, too. Just need to figure out which ones.
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/25/15
Had tinitus for years. What worked for me, was maintaining it at a tolerable level,so to speak. As if there is any "tolerable" level right? To reduce the trumpets in my ears I stay away from what causes it. Mine kicks up with increased stress at the office...mine reduced dramatically when I told the whole world to kiss my a$$ and just did the best job I knew how to do and forgot the rest. I also stopped (reduced really) caffeine and that knocked it back significantly. The trick that worked the best though was taking any kind of aspirin out of anything I might take for a headache, etc. It blew my mind when I found out that trick. One time it was suggested that I take a baby aspirin each day for heart health. After about a month I noticed my head sounded like the trumpets at the walls of Jericho 24/7. it was with me constantly....to the point I started some serious research about the causes and bingo....aspirin was a leading cause. I dropped the aspirin regimen and within a day the crickets and trumpets were virtually silenced.

Hope this helps!
Posted By: cooper57m Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/25/15
JUST ANSWER THE DAMN PHONE!
Posted By: Mike70560 Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/25/15
Have endured it for years. About the only thing that has helped is when the voices in my head are loud enough to drown out the ringing.....
Posted By: Jahrs Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/25/15
Hearing aids.
Posted By: beefan Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/25/15
Been hearing a million crickets for years. Hearing aids help some.
Posted By: RWE Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/25/15
My ENT told me based on damage from inner ear infections, and other assorted issues, to "sook id oop."

(He's Japanese)
Posted By: Scott F Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/25/15
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Hearing aids.

Wearing my hearing aids right now, the major sounds I hear is the screaming that is constantly in the background no matter what I do.

Meniere's Sucks!!!
Posted By: xxclaro Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/25/15
I'm actually pretty good at ignoring it, often not even noticing it for a few hours at a time. Stress definitely turns up the volume for me too. I keep a fan on at night for the white noise, but sometimes that's not enough and the ringing is louder than the fan. I can manage, but a cure would certainly be nice.
Posted By: Scott F Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/25/15
A cure would be better than just nice.

A bunch of years ago I read about a treatment developed in France that use electrical acupuncture that tuned it out. It said the VA was going to do the lead on it here in the US since the most common VA disability is tinnitus, If you are a vet it is an automatic 10%.

I never heard any more about it so it bust have not worked.
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/25/15
It helps to psych yourself out and ignore it.
There are times when it just howls for me, a frequency I can't even begin to hear. Then other times, it's not there.
It's not reached the point where I "need" a cure, but I think I'm gonna give that lipo stuff a whirl.
The part that drives me coconuts, I'll lay down in the sack and think "I can't hear the ring a ding. Hmmm."
THEN it starts again. Geesh.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/25/15
could possibly be a tumor
Posted By: byc Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/25/15
you know I wondered about that myself. God forbid that we all have tumors.
Posted By: doubletap Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/25/15
I had a tumor (12x25x32 mm). Having it removed made no difference.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/26/15
I've had tinnitus since about age 15. I've learned to mostly ignore it, as it's been a fact of life for so long (now aged 62)
I'm now "substantially impaired" - severe loss in multiple ranges.
Hearing aids are just that - aids - they are NOT called hearing cures for a reason.
Posted By: colodog Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/26/15
couldn't resist,
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OaTO8_KNcuo[/video]
Posted By: taz4570 Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/26/15
I told you it wasn't a tooomaaa.
Posted By: tommyd53 Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/26/15
Originally Posted by beefan
Been hearing a million crickets for years. Hearing aids help some.

+1
Posted By: CharlieFoxtrot Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/26/15
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Had tinitus for years. What worked for me, was maintaining it at a tolerable level,so to speak. As if there is any "tolerable" level right? To reduce the trumpets in my ears I stay away from what causes it. Mine kicks up with increased stress at the office...mine reduced dramatically when I told the whole world to kiss my a$$ and just did the best job I knew how to do and forgot the rest. I also stopped (reduced really) caffeine and that knocked it back significantly. The trick that worked the best though was taking any kind of aspirin out of anything I might take for a headache, etc. It blew my mind when I found out that trick. One time it was suggested that I take a baby aspirin each day for heart health. After about a month I noticed my head sounded like the trumpets at the walls of Jericho 24/7. it was with me constantly....to the point I started some serious research about the causes and bingo....aspirin was a leading cause. I dropped the aspirin regimen and within a day the crickets and trumpets were virtually silenced.

Hope this helps!

I don't think it's wise to DC aspirin without consulting your Doc. It's a fact that tinnitus is a possible side effect of aspirin regimen, but so is it's anti-platelet abilities. Basically it thins your blood so it runs through your arteries more smoothly. Stopping might put you at risk for a heart attack or stroke. Ringing in the ears may be the lesser of two evils. Bottom line, please consult your doc first.
Posted By: xxclaro Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 02/26/15
Originally Posted by slumlord
could possibly be a tumor

Possible, but if so it kicked in at the same time as a .223 was touched off about a foot from my ear. Indoors. I figured the ringing would subside after a while, but after a couple years its still there.
TMJ can cause tinnitus.
Posted By: byc Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 03/15/15
Originally Posted by mudstud

It is Lipo-Flavonoid Plus. I just started taking it yesterday, so in another 59 days, I'll let you know if it helps! Picked mine up at WalMart.

Hey mud....any progress??

Thanks
Posted By: ringworm Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 03/15/15
3rd man on a stick doing MOUT training at Lejune and forgot to put my left plug in. Bout the time I passes the muzzle on my left he ripped 2 quick burst.
Never been the same since.
Constant whine.
Posted By: Dan_H Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 03/16/15
Bad tinnitus plus acoustic nerouma keep the ringing loud and clear in my head. Like has been said aspirin and caffeine both will amp up the volume. Noise cancellation headphones with earplugs in airplanes and around loud noises keep some of the wild tones from going in to the painfull range.

tried different "guaranteed" pill remedies and even acupuncture but nothing so far has worked. Chiropractic will help when the volume increases from tmj or your occip being off.
White noise is about the only relief that i have found.
Good luck and let us know if you find a cure.
Posted By: docdb Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 03/16/15
Mine really flares up when people talk about their tinnitus, most other times I can ignore it. The hell of it is, I'm an ENT
Posted By: MckinneyMike Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 03/16/15
I've had it since I was a kid-firecrackers and shooting before anyone really worried about hearing protection. I can't recall what it was like to not have buzzing/ringing....on the up side maybe that's why I can't hear the voices in my head.
Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 03/16/15

About a year ago I went through a full course of Lipo-Flavonoid Plus at max dosage. Didn't do a damn thing but at least their money back guarantee was honored. I have had severe tinnitus for many years and it sucks.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 03/16/15
well dammit, I had not noticed my tinnitus until I read this thread. Now it's going full blast, and all I can hear is crickets on steroids.
Posted By: MoBassMan Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 03/16/15
Only partial cure - don't read threads about tinnitus! Darn, I hadn't thought about it in a while.

I asked my Dr about it and she said "learn to live with it". I've since learned that mine is a side-effect of a Tarlov cyst, which keeps me in sciatic pain, the majority of the time.
Posted By: PSE Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 03/16/15

I've started taking that too - It's a ridiculous amount of pills you have to take and there not exactly cheap but if it works, its worth it.
As my doctor says - Whoever discovers a cure will be richer than Bill Gates.
Posted By: baldhunter Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 03/16/15
I've had it for nearly 50yrs.Caused from hours and hours on those diesel tractors.These days I've learned to just kick back,sip on a cool glass of Tennessee whiskey and enjoy the sound of the crickets singing.I really don't think there is a damn thing you can do about it,so learn to live with it.
Posted By: Scott F Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 03/16/15
Originally Posted by MoBassMan
Only partial cure - don't read threads about tinnitus! Darn, I hadn't thought about it in a while.

I asked my Dr about it and she said "learn to live with it". I've since learned that mine is a side-effect of a Tarlov cyst, which keeps me in sciatic pain, the majority of the time.

I am kind of the same way. It is always there and it screams all the time. In my case it is part of an concurable disease. Life goes on, I live with it. It sure isn't the worst thing to happen to me.
Lipo-Flavonoid worked wonders for me. Wal-Mart has the best price. $24.86, which is $4 to $5 less than most of the chain drugstores. You will find it in the vitamin section.

It takes about six weeks to take effect,just like the instructions say. At that point a noticeable improvement may be realized. Then, for me, improvement slowly continued over several months until 90% of my Tinnitus is now gone.

Once the tinnitus improved quite a bit I dropped down to one pill in the morning and one at bedtime. I have been taking it that way for several years now. I know it doesn't work for everybody, but I know some others that it has worked for, also.

Also, if you suffer from Tinnitus, avoid aspirin. Even the once-a-day baby aspirin regimen can make tinnitus worse.

http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=lipoflavinoid
Posted By: mudstud Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 03/16/15
I've been taking Lipo-Flavonoid, and haven't noticed any results yet. But, I haven't been taking the recommended dosage either. I take two pills every evening with my meal.
Lipo-Flavinoid is frustrating because you have to take quite a bit of it for several weeks just to see if it helps you, and how much.

I suspect a lot of people give up after the first bottle because they haven't noticed a change, but it actually will probably take two bottles to see if one gets results.

I committed to the $50 experiment after a Dr. recommended I give it a try. He said there is no risk and no side effects. Even if it doesn't help the tinnitus it is a pretty good vitamin pill.
Also, once you get results from Lipo-Flavinoid, if you do, you can reduce the dosage and see how much you need to maintain the results. In my case two pills a day, one morning and one at night.

I tried quitting and the tinnitus started coming back within a couple of days.

I also tried re-starting the baby aspirin, and again, the tinnitus started coming back within a couple of days, even though I was still taking the Lipo-Flavinoid.

Best of luck to anybody with tinnitus. It can be a significant problem and sometimes very severe. If you don't have it, count your blessings, and have some compassion for those that do.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 03/16/15
Originally Posted by Scott F
Hearing aids.

Wearing my hearing aids right now, the major sounds I hear is the screaming that is constantly in the background no matter what I do.

Meniere's Sucks!!!

It's your wife, Scott!

Just started the lipos upon recos from my doc. Will see in a few weeks if it helps.
Posted By: maggie Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 03/16/15
Have had it for a lot of years, shooting, rock and roll, the usual. Had a bad head injury a number of years back, doubled the noise, only now on several different tonal levels. Bottom line from the docs I went to said: they know a lot about the outer ear, but NOBODY knows squat about the inner ear. Told me stories about different patients "hearing" different things, even trying cutting some audio nerves, (didn't help), etc. I just live with it. He also told me to not buy into any claims of pills etc., it's all snake oil salesmen. Glad to hear some of you are getting relief from some of the stuff, I've made my peace with it, and am glad to still be standing.
Posted By: Scott F Re: Tinnitus treatment? - 03/17/15
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Scott F
Hearing aids.

Meniere's Sucks!!!

It's your wife, Scott!

Just started the lipos upon recos from my doc. Will see in a few weeks if it helps.

laugh laugh laugh
© 24hourcampfire