Home
Posted By: benchman Yellow Perch! - 02/24/15
First one ever....musta cut up about a million of these, growing up on Lake Erie... [Linked Image]
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Yellow Perch! - 02/24/15
Nice job, I can almost taste it.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Yellow Perch! - 02/24/15
Wow!

You have a knack.....
Posted By: USMC2602 Re: Yellow Perch! - 02/24/15
If you're not getting set up to sell your work, you ought to. Lots of folks out there making a living selling work that is IMO far inferior to yours. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Yellow Perch! - 02/24/15
This is getting to sound like a broken record, praising your work.

Nice! Now for egg in beer time, ever do a stringer painting?
Posted By: benchman Re: Yellow Perch! - 02/24/15
Originally Posted by wabigoon
This is getting to sound like a broken record, praising your work.

Nice! Now for egg in beer time, ever do a stringer painting?
Heck, I barely painted at all....Did a lot of carvings, which I painted. Still working on just the subject. Not sure if I'm ready for composition. Really, I only used to paint for studying techniques for painting the carvings, so I would have to learn how to do it. It is fun, and the Yellow Perch original is already sold! He said it's ok to do prints though. Nice guy - he has a lot of my carvings. This is actually pretty amazing to me. Hope I can make something of it. At the least, I have a lot of nice presents....
Originally Posted by USMC2602
If you're not getting set up to sell your work, you ought to. Lots of folks out there making a living selling work that is IMO far inferior to yours. Thanks for posting.
Thank you! The quality is improving a lot, so I imagine it will slow down some now...The problem is really marketing, once you are good enough. I stink at marketing....Gotta learn that, too.
Posted By: splattermatic Re: Yellow Perch! - 02/24/15
How much would ya charge to do one of my lab? It's just his head, neck, shoulder area. can post a pic of what I'd like.

Stunning work you do.
Originally Posted by splattermatic
How much would ya charge to do one of my lab? It's just his head, neck, shoulder area. can post a pic of what I'd like.

Stunning work you do.
Thanks, but I have never done a dog...not sure I could. Still learning to paint fish! Not even sure what to charge either....kinda new at this painting stuff. The fish kind of come naturally, but I am not a trained artist, and lack the technique to do subjects that are unfamiliar....Que Sera'....
Posted By: boatboy Re: Yellow Perch! - 02/24/15
Originally Posted by splattermatic

Stunning work you do.

That could turn into a full time Gig. The Lovely Miss Peggy would love one of the beloved Trooper Dog

HAnk
Posted By: acy Re: Yellow Perch! - 02/24/15
Originally Posted by benchman
Originally Posted by USMC2602
Thank you! The quality is improving a lot, so I imagine it will slow down some now...The problem is really marketing, once you are good enough. I stink at marketing....Gotta learn that, too.

Yep, lots of art by artists who are nowhere near as good sell for pretty decent money. Picasso and Rembrandt come to mind immediately....IMHO. I look at some of that "art", and wonder what the big deal is. Your perch looks great.
Posted By: cooperfan Re: Yellow Perch! - 02/25/15
[Linked Image]

Here's how I like em.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Yellow Perch! - 02/25/15
Originally Posted by benchman
First one ever....musta cut up about a million of these, growing up on Lake Erie... [Linked Image]
cool

Posted By: milespatton Re: Yellow Perch! - 02/25/15
Here's how I like em.

We don't have those here. It could be because generally speaking, our water is not that hard. miles
Posted By: cooperfan Re: Yellow Perch! - 02/25/15
We have no shortage of ice this year. Should fish for another month
© 24hourcampfire