Home
Pugs

Leighton (Kamo)

Grand Venuer

Pugs lastest (with assist from J
orge and Zeke) was a contraband shipment of Maryland crab cakes from G & M
http://gandmcrabcakes.com/restaurant.html

Seriously good! Mega chunks of crab and no fu fu fillers. Washed them down with a reserve chardonnay. Yum!

KG and GV know their way around the dining room and the kitchen. I trust Brother Bart on grilling stuff (lord knows why).

Who else is the food master here?

ltppowell can flat out grill.

Mannlicher is danged good with food, too.

For your recipe needs, see here: http://honest-food.net

byc

'flave

Travis
Short list so far. Getting near lunch here in the East.
why don't you visit the food and cooking subforum? You will be able to quickly identify folks like calikooknic, who just happens to have a current thread on crab cakes.
DvdGeorge is a pretty mean cook as well, along with SSE. BYC can cook yer azz off.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

DvdGeorge is a pretty mean cook as well, along with SSE. BYC can cook yer azz off.

Dan does a great job for sure, especially his Italian.

BYC is a BBQ god and I came home a couple years ago to find a box of great rubs he uses for BBQ competition. I've put them to good use and being < 30 days from being an "egg man" I'm looking forward to learning more from both.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
why don't you visit the food and cooking subforum? You will be able to quickly identify folks like calikooknic, who just happens to have a current thread on crab cakes.

I wanted to get the question out to a wider audience and if I get stuck in the cooking forum I'll be hungery all day!!!
I can cook a pretty mean poached egg with corned beef hash and If I'm having a good day I can make a pretty good ham and swiss sammich! grin
I'm really good with a knife and fork. And I'm a generous tipper. Does that count?
BYC, Sam.
curdog4570 - The Master of The Fish Fry

krp - Killer mole`!

mudhen's wife! grin THE best breakfast burritos you have ever sunk your teeth into!

Ed
Can't leave out"Mike" BOWHUNR or "Keith" eh76 with their Big Green cookery.
Woody is too modest...left himself out....and another vote for eh76...Ive eaten both their cooking and would do so again! laugh
Thanks guys. I'm honored to be mentioned. Especially, considering the other names called out. And don't forget Miss Lynn.

I would say at the end of the day we all make a mean something or the other.

BTW like Sam said the food section has a ton of knowledge from others. Way too many names to mention but everyone posting is passionate about good food!!
I have been honored to dine with theshootest, and 5sdad.
Both excellent meals, beef stew at 5sdad, and sweet, and sour moose balls at theshootest's dinning room.

I'll mention rob p for consideration.
I've never tasted his fair, but he seems to be highly regarded by others.
I got home from work just in time to watch Mia make cookies.

A cooking protege...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Best! You win krp!
Leighton

rcamuglia

smile
In no particular order they've all challenged me and made me better in their own way.

Hoop
Daryl
Dan
Sam
Sean
Dan
Keith
Bart

Lol

And I'm single ! :p smile (for ladies, only smile smile )

Most of the hunters I know around here are fond in fine meals and drinks. It's just like it's part of some kind of a philosophy we use to share. But I'm so far from being as good in cooking as some of them.

One of my best friends and hunting partners is a top class chef, and cooking professor in one of our best cooking schools. It's always a hell of an experience to try his new meals. I use to stick with more basic recipes.

My ex-wife was such a bad cook ... :p
I trust my wife and that is about it, never had the need to look any further than that. If I find or see something I think I would like I tell her about it, she makes it for me and it is always delicious, no need to change things up.
Ask her to BBQ a brisket this weekend.

Travis
Okay, you coming over?
At the risk of being called a cheater, a few suggestions are seen below. Simply substitute your crab in place of the lobster in some, or add your crab to it. wink

I'm jealous, BTW. Crab in general of most flavors rates wicked high in the culinary awesometer. A few select flavors redline it. smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/Hokkaido%202013/IMG_1248_zpse0188d4c.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/food/2011-10-03_13-54-26_889.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/food/2012-08-29_15-14-48_445-2.jpg[/img]

Oh my!
deflaves smoked cabbage is a favorite around our house. Those Ranch Beans AggieDog posted have always been killer. I think it was byc that won a steak competition with whiskey and soy sauce or something. Those were pretty good too. Haven't tried pickled venison yet, but it's on the list.

I made a MooseShitPie once at deer camp. Deal was if you complained about the cooking you had to cook until someone else complained. I'd been cooking for three years. My pard took one bite and says "THIS TASTES LIKE MOOSESHIT!!!! It's good though."
I can personally attest to KG's culinary prowess!

Thanks again!
D'oh. I misread the original post; I thought it was a request from Mr. Hatari seeking suggestions for a bunch of gifted crab. As Mrs. MacIntosh used to say to me in third grade, "READ THE QUESTION FIRST!" Sorry. I like work from a lot of guys here. Mannlicher, DW444, Certifiable, Calkooknic, BYC, Klik and more. As far as actual experience with food? El T can bring the serious noise.
Stop it. STOP IT! I can't stand to look at your food pictures for long.

In this part of the country any food that's not bland, overcooked Midwestern is a poor, poor imitation. Made some red sauce a while ago with mediocre at best hot Italian sausage, the best I could find, and gave a couple quarts to a friend. She said it tasted Mexican. shocked Probably actually looked like that, I make a pretty good sauce.

Even at the peak of the season the oysters come in frozen. sick Obviously I was not raised here.

wink
laugh There are days! But the hunting and fishing are good.

Shnook - is that Norwegian? But then I can use putz without anyone feeling insulted.
You forgot to cook half thatshit, Ace! smile
Just because I recommend Mam as a delicious ingredient, I'm off the list? grin
Well I'm honored to mentioned already and by some damn good folks. Tarry, Hoop, Mike, Keith, Lynn, Dan, SSE, Bobby, Rob, and many more great people post down in the food forum. What is nice, is that you can bounce ideas off of just about any of them and get experienced and educated answers. Competition cooks, restaurateurs, smoking, grilling, ethnic, family, small crowds, large crowds............all experienced in their own ways.
Originally Posted by nighthawk

Even at the peak of the season the oysters come in frozen. sick Obviously I was not raised here.

That's surprising. I've hauled and shipped seafood all over the place for a lot of years, and one thing I never have any concern about going bad/dying, are shellfish (bivalves to be more precise). As long as they start off cold and are in a moist environment and packed right, they're fine for literally days, unlike live lobster or crab.

Where ya from originally?
If nkthern Dave ain't on your list you're doin it wrong
I may not be a gourmet chef, but if all you have is woodpecker, a pinecone and a couple of coon turds...I'm your man.
Yum! I told you!

Gotta find time to get to Boston......
Yes, you do. smile
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I may not be a gourmet chef, but if all you have is woodpecker, a pinecone and a couple of coon turds...I'm your man.

Darn certain none of us are gourmets but I know you of all people can cook and fry like you mean it. And Leighton?? He's an animal!

If I drove into a competition lot and saw you guys or anyone mentioned above I'd go find a praying Chapel before I did anything.
Pffft...anybody can make a cooler full of live Maine lobster and fresh bay scallops taste good on a deserted beach in South Texas. (Ask me how I know.)
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Pffft...anybody can make a cooler full of live Maine lobster and fresh bay scallops taste good on a deserted beach in South Texas. (Ask me how I know.)

Add in a small flask of brandy, and they'll be asking you that question while you're on your ass.
I seem to remember only one person being on their ass, and I would love to have the opportunity to put them on their ass in the same fashion again.
You are a funny bastid.
Typical ENTP personality type.
The true voice of reason speaks.
© 24hourcampfire