Home
Just amazing!

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/03/...on-her-private-e-mail-account-all-of-it/

Ever wonder why multiple investigations of the Benghazi attack failed to turn up much from Hillary Clinton’s e-mails? So did the House Select Committee investigating the attack on the facility and the failures that led to it. To their surprise, the Secretary of State had conducted all of her e-mail on a private account rather than an official State Department account — and her aides had carefully culled only the e-mails they wanted investigators to see. The New York Times’ Michael Schmidt dropped that bombshell earlier this evening: Hillary Rodham Clinton exclusively used a personal email account to conduct government
not surprised at all. the whole lot of them are crooked as the day is long.
Wonder how many security protocols were breached doing that? Those are chargeable offenses...at least for those who are held to standards of accountability.

If they can get ahold of them, this will get real interesting, real fast!
This should be a felony.
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Wonder how many security protocols were breached doing that? Those are chargeable offenses...at least for those who are held to standards of accountability.

No it won't.

MM
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

No it won't.

MM

+1
WASHINGTON — Hillary Rodham Clinton exclusively used a personal email account to conduct government business as secretary of state, State Department officials said, and may have violated federal requirements that officials’ correspondence be retained as part of the agency’s record.

Mrs. Clinton did not have a government email address during her four-year tenure at the State Department. Her aides took no actions to have her personal emails preserved on department servers at the time, as required by the Federal Records Act.

It was only two months ago, in response to a new State Department effort to comply with federal record-keeping practices, that Mrs. Clinton’s advisers reviewed tens of thousands of pages of her personal emails and decided which ones to turn over to the State Department. All told, 55,000 pages of emails were given to the department. Mrs. Clinton stepped down from the secretary’s post in early 2013.
Continue reading the main story
Related Coverage

Hillary Rodham Clinton in Indiana in 2008. Her economic message in that campaign resonated with white, working-class voters.
Economic Plan Is a Quandary for Hillary Clinton’s CampaignFEB. 7, 2015
Former Gov. Martin O'Malley of Maryland spoke at a conference hosted by the South Carolina Democratic Party in Myrtle Beach, S.C. on Saturday.
Martin O’Malley, in Veiled Jab at Hillary Clinton, Derides Politics of ‘Triangulation’FEB. 28, 2015
Jeb Bush at an event in Florida last week. When he was governor of Florida, he seemed to enjoy back-and-forths with familiar journalists via email.
On the Record: Emails to Florida Reporters Show a Jeb Bush Eager to EngageFEB. 19, 2015
Fans watched a video of Senator Elizabeth Warren in Iowa last month.
Hillary Clinton vs. Elizabeth Warren Could Delight RepublicansJAN. 28, 2015

Her expansive use of the private account was alarming to current and former National Archives and Records Administration officials and government watchdogs, who called it a serious breach.

“It is very difficult to conceive of a scenario — short of nuclear winter — where an agency would be justified in allowing its cabinet-level head officer to solely use a private email communications channel for the conduct of government business,” said Jason R. Baron, a lawyer at Drinker Biddle & Reath who is a former director of litigation at the National Archives and Records Administration.

A spokesman for Mrs. Clinton, Nick Merrill, defended her use of the personal email account and said she has been complying with the “letter and spirit of the rules.”

Under federal law, however, letters and emails written and received by federal officials, such as the secretary of state, are considered government records and are supposed to be retained so that congressional committees, historians and members of the news media can find them. There are exceptions to the law for certain classified and sensitive materials.

Mrs. Clinton is not the first government official — or first secretary of state — to use a personal email account on which to conduct official business. But her exclusive use of her private email, for all of her work, appears unusual, Mr. Baron said. The use of private email accounts is supposed to be limited to emergencies, experts said, such as when an agency’s computer server is not working.

“I can recall no instance in my time at the National Archives when a high-ranking official at an executive branch agency solely used a personal email account for the transaction of government business,” said Mr. Baron, who worked at the agency from 2000 to 2013.

Regulations from the National Archives and Records Administration at the time required that any emails sent or received from personal accounts be preserved as part of the agency’s records.

But Mrs. Clinton and her aides failed to do so.

How many emails were in Mrs. Clinton’s account is not clear, and neither is the process her advisers used to determine which ones related to her work at the State Department before turning them over.

“It’s a shame it didn’t take place automatically when she was secretary of state as it should have,” said Thomas S. Blanton, the director of the National Security Archive, a group based at George Washington University that advocates government transparency. “Someone in the State Department deserves credit for taking the initiative to ask for the records back. Most of the time it takes the threat of litigation and embarrassment.”

Mr. Blanton said high-level officials should operate as President Obama does, emailing from a secure government account, with every record preserved for historical purposes.

“Personal emails are not secure,” he said. “Senior officials should not be using them.”

Penalties for not complying with federal record-keeping requirements are rare, because the National Archives has few enforcement abilities.

Mr. Merrill, the spokesman for Mrs. Clinton, declined to detail why she had chosen to conduct State Department business from her personal account. He said that because Mrs. Clinton had been sending emails to other State Department officials at their government accounts, she had “every expectation they would be retained.” He did not address emails that Mrs. Clinton may have sent to foreign leaders, people in the private sector or government officials outside the State Department.

The revelation about the private email account echoes longstanding criticisms directed at both the former secretary and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, for a lack of transparency and inclination toward secrecy.
Continue reading the main story
Recent Comments
Michael S
4 minutes ago

What a convenient way to control the record. For many people too young to remember the Clinton years this is a good introduction to how the...
Donald Seekins
7 minutes ago

Here we go. Another round of "red meat politics"!
Roy Griffis
8 minutes ago

It's against the law, and it's a horrific security risk. If she had been working at private corporation and flouted the security...

See All Comments
Write a comment

And others who, like Mrs. Clinton, are eyeing a candidacy for the White House are stressing a very different approach. Jeb Bush, who is seeking the Republican nomination for president, released a trove of emails in December from his eight years as governor of Florida.

It is not clear whether Mrs. Clinton’s private email account included encryption or other security measures, given the sensitivity of her diplomatic activity.

Mrs. Clinton’s successor, Secretary of State John Kerry, has used a government email account since taking over the role, and his correspondence is being preserved contemporaneously as part of State Department records, according to his aides.

Before the current regulations went into effect, Secretary of State Colin L. Powell, who served from 2001 to 2005, used personal email to communicate with American officials and ambassadors and foreign leaders.

Last October, the State Department, as part of the effort to improve its record keeping, asked all previous secretaries of state dating back to Madeleine K. Albright to provide it with any records, like emails, from their time in office for preservation.

“These steps include regularly archiving all of Secretary Kerry’s emails to ensure that we are capturing all federal records,” said a department spokeswoman, Jen Psaki.

The existence of Mrs. Clinton’s personal email account was discovered by a House committee investigating the attack on the American Consulate in Benghazi as it sought correspondence between Mrs. Clinton and her aides about the attack.

Two weeks ago, the State Department, after reviewing Mrs. Clinton’s emails, provided the committee with about 300 emails — amounting to roughly 900 pages — about the Benghazi attacks.

Mrs. Clinton and the committee declined to comment on the contents of the emails or whether they will be made public.

The State Department, Ms. Psaki said, “has been proactively and consistently engaged in responding to the committee’s many requests in a timely manner, providing more than 40,000 pages of documents, scheduling more than 20 transcribed interviews and participating in several briefings and each of the committee’s hearings.”
What are they going to do...Remove her from being Secretary of State?

Do you think that this matters to any of the ideologues who are going to vote for her?

Do you think Congress has the intestinal fortitude to indite her?

I think not.
Have you called your congresscritter about this? I know I have not but we should as the involvement of good people is what it will take to turn this around...
The commie machine is pressuring her not to run for Warrens benefit.
Then all her email should be in the NSA archive. Just like ours is.
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

No it won't.

MM

+1

Are you all saying they won't get ahold of the emails or it won't get interesting if they are obtained?
She had a PGP public key and zipped up everything. So it's all cool.
It's not possible o hide .gov emails and the illegal activity contained therein.

Just like the IRS.
[Linked Image]

No it won't.

MM

+1
+2
Wake me up when someone gets held accountable for it.

And spare me the "contact your congressmen" line - they've NEVER done SQUAT about any of this.

Remember all of you on here yelling about how now they had them, Fast and Furious was going to bring the whole works down.

What's happened there? NOTHING.

Then it was the IRS scandal - NOTHING.

Benghazi - NOTHING.

Sooner or later people need to wake up and realize that NOTHING will EVER happen to gov officials when other gov officials are in charge of the investigation/punishment.
Clinton - more worried about the taxpayers getting hold of her emails than foreign spies.
She also executed a legal maneuver to protect those emails the very day she was summoned to Capitol Hill, meaning she PLANNED to obfuscate and evade. Trey Goudy is doing a good job though.
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
[Linked Image]

Beat me to it!
I didn't think that was legal...
Originally Posted by sse
I didn't think that was legal...

its only an issue if you find someone willing to prosecute.
I think she's hot . . . those yams and cankles really turn me on!

[Linked Image]
Hillary is teflon coated for any laws she breaks, or anything she does... just like her husband and just like a host of other democrats...

if all politicians were prosecuted on the laws that they have broken, there would be very few left in the Senate and Congress...

and NONE left in the Executive Branch...

No it won't.

MM

^^^^^^^^^

Face it guys.
There are more slackers voting Dem than R now days and neither Dems nor the liberal press give two chits about corruption as long as it promotes their agenda of political correctness and free stuff.

Welcome to the millennium.
Now there's the truth!

They are on a Public Internet server somewhere
Mrs. Clinton is not the first government official — or first secretary of state — to use a personal email account on which to conduct official business.

Plausible deniability . . . this is going nowhere . . .
Originally Posted by teal

And spare me the "contact your congressmen" line - they've NEVER done SQUAT about any of this.

Remember all of you on here yelling about how now they had them, Fast and Furious was going to bring the whole works down.

Benghazi - NOTHING.

Sooner or later people need to wake up and realize that NOTHING will EVER happen to gov officials when other gov officials are in charge of the investigation/punishment.

The waking up needs to be with us, you and me. It is easy to bitch about it easier than doing something constructive about it ....The Hillary's of this world are depending on us to be too lazy to stop them. Ask yourself this...What are you prepared to do? I ask myself that too...
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

No it won't.

MM

^^^^^^^^^

Face it guys.
There are more slackers voting Dem than R now days and neither Dems nor the liberal press give two chits about corruption as long as it promotes their agenda of political correctness and free stuff.

TWO of the last THREE elections were CONSERVATIVE LANDSLIDES.
Even Obama's last election was close based on percentage of popular vote.
One more year of the $hitload of Crapp Obama is dumping on the voters heads and this coming election will be another landslide.
And by the time the primaries are over, GOP voters will have picked a good Conservative to lead the charge.
Originally Posted by bea175

They are on a Public Internet server somewhere

No, I'm sure she had her own email server and IT staff. Illegal has hell, but who's going to prosecute?

Benghazi - NOTHING.

And you're right as rain re: "nothing" will happen.. Just another act or three in the soap opera "DOG AND PONY SHOW"
Will [bleep] Bill move into the WH if the Witch wins?
Originally Posted by Redneck

Benghazi - NOTHING.

And you're right as rain re: "nothing" will happen.. Just another act or three in the soap opera "DOG AND PONY SHOW"

There have been so many scandals the average voter has lost count
when the only entities that could bring retribution for this are in cahoots with her, what could possibly be done about it?
Even when their transgressions are uncovered, they just laugh at us, and carry on with their agenda.
Presidential material, that, if I've ever seen it.

Originally Posted by efw
Presidential material, that, if I've ever seen it.

laugh
Lawless.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

No, I'm sure she had her own email server and IT staff. Illegal has hell, but who's going to prosecute?

Do I foresee a cyber attack being directed at clintonemail.com? grin
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

No it won't.

MM

^^^^^^^^^

Face it guys.

TWO of the last THREE elections were CONSERVATIVE LANDSLIDES.
Even Obama's last election was close based on percentage of popular vote.
One more year of the $hitload of Crapp Obama is dumping on the voters heads and this coming election will be another landslide.
And by the time the primaries are over, GOP voters will have picked a good Conservative to lead the charge.

Pie in the sky.
No difference in D's and R's and winning elections don't mean chit.
Didn't conservatives recently win a landslide election yet just today Bonner caved and gave the Dem's exactly what they demanded. The R's red lines are no better than the Kenyan's.

There's no Democrats and Republicans.
No Shehite's and Sunni's.
There's the have's and have not's and everyone in DC knows it and is looking to fill their own pockets,, the country be dambed,,,, PERIOD.
The only thing I find shocking is that the NYT reported it.
Originally Posted by prm
The only thing I find shocking is that the NYT reported it.

Sad, but probably true. I was hoping at least FOX would get ahold of the information and stir the chitt up.

Sad...

No difference in D's and R's and winning elections don't mean chit.
Didn't conservatives recently win a landslide election yet just today Bonner caved and gave the Dem's exactly what they demanded. The R's red lines are no better than the Kenyan's.

the problem is (as you know) that not all the Rs are conservatives.
The Obama"s will kiss her, then call foul, she did no wrong as said .What the matter with you non belivers
What difference does it make? Famous Quote.
I'm a public employee. (cringe... i know) It'd take them about 1 week to kick my ass to the curb if i did "official buis" on private email.

Hill is some piece of work. I really dont think history will be kind to her. Bill, dude is teflon. Hill... meh.
aint nothing gonna stick to hildabeast....................
cept for her socks around her cankles when she tries to take em off at night for bed
Like Hillary Clinton, former Secretary of State Colin Powell also used a personal email account during his tenure at the State Department, an aide confirmed in a statement.

“He was not aware of any restrictions nor does he recall being made aware of any over the four years he served at State,” the statement says. “He sent emails to his staff generally via their State Department email addresses. These emails should be on the State Department computers. He might have occasionally used personal email addresses, as he did when emailing to family and friends.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/...etary-of-state-115707.html#ixzz3TNGe7xXD
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
not surprised at all. the whole lot of them are crooked as the day is long.

This.

kwg

No it won't.

MM

+1

Are you all saying they won't get ahold of the emails or it won't get interesting if they are obtained?

Let me repeat what I am saying:

What are they going to do...Remove her from being Secretary of State?

Do you think that this matters to any of the ideologues who are going to vote for her?

Do you think Congress has the intestinal fortitude to indite her?

I think not.
Apparently she conducted official business thru this secret email account and so did her aids. I bet that the emailed her about Ambassad Steven's security request using this secret account. That's why, weasel that she is, she could say that she never recieved email (at her official account) about this issue. I also expect that she told her flunkys to refuse the ambassador's requests using this secret email account. I want to learn about how she lied us into war with our ally Qaddifi also.

Is this a felony? Her communications were top secret and could have been stolen.

I expect that the ISP keeps backups of these emails so Gowdy better whip up a supena.
She's been through way worse things than this.....just ask Vince Foster.

Oh that's right, dead men tell no tales.
She has innocent blood on her hands.
Hitllery LIED - Americans DIED
And if Colin Powell did it, then they can BLAME IT ALL ON BUSH!

It's almost like ol' Bush was the dominant POTUS of recent memory, and the Dems got nothing to do but pretend they are taking down the bully in the schoolyard.
Not a thing will come of it. The elite (particularly the elite left) do not have to obey the law. Period.
Originally Posted by ConradCA

I expect that the ISP keeps backups of these emails so Gowdy better whip up a supena.

Turns out there was no ISP. The mail server was a computer located in her own house and the domain name was registered using fake information.
Old Billary didn't break any laws and she won't suffer any consequences.

I think most are missing the point on this. She refused to use standard White House Cabinet communication channels for her office.

Which means......she obviously didn't trust OBomber not to monitor her e-mails and use them against her or sell them to her political opponents......so she set up her own server and security and kept everything to herself.

That's the only interesting thing about this little story.
Your azz must be huge because you sure pull a lot of schitt out of it!
Billary was just taking a cue from Willie, who also had a domain and email server set up in their house that he used.

Apparently, the domain was registered to a pseudonym "Eric Hoteham", who also appears to be used as a fake customer in one of their money laundering scams. http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015...isted-under-mysterious-untraceable-name/
© 24hourcampfire