Home
Just my two cents.....but shouldn't we have a "Pump Rifle" forum on the 'fire? They are every bit as much a part of our history as the lever action, and every bit as good a hunting rifle as the lever action. Popularity is all that is lacking and popularity shouldn't be our gauge for inclusion. After all, how popular is history itself?
"Amish Assault Rifles"
I agree it's time for one.
HEY,,,,, wait yer turn.

Can't you see I'm currently working on getting a Rye Whisky forum?

I like pump guns as much as the next guy but I think we can all agree that Rye's role in history is far more important.
What do we call the new forum? The Amish rifle forum or Pa rifle hunters start here.

The Remington 760/7600 has always been a sleeper.

Doc
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
"Amish Assault Rifles"

You beat me to it.

I actually call 'em the Amish Machine Guns. grin
AKA the Pennsylvania machine gun. I still think it's safe to say the lever gun is way more legendary in this country that the pump. Show 100 random folks pictures of a Model 94 and a Model 760, and I'll bet a lot more of them will recognize the Winchester than the Remington.
Besides Remington, are there any other firearms manufacturers even making pump-action center-fire rifles any more?
probably have too many sub forums as it is. Just can't have one for every fringe category.
That said, I do have a nifty old Savage pump .30-30. Reliable, accurate and fun.
[Linked Image]
Still waiting for our Bear forum, though I'm liking the odds of us getting a Bare forum before that.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Still waiting for our Bear forum, though I'm liking the odds of us getting a Bare forum before that.

Hunting bare can be, if not dangerous, at least cold. grin
If you need a 'pump rifle'.....you really need a Remington 870 with 000 buckshot!!
Remington Model 141 is the best Big Game Pump Rifle ever made
Well, we could start with a rifle like this one....
Yea, I know....it's been D&T'd...but not by me...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by John_Boy

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That is sweet
Originally Posted by 222Rem
"Amish Assault Rifles"

You beat me to it.

Now 222Rem beat me to it laugh
June 1936 Birthday for the old gal.....
If I recall, Browning made a pump rifle a few years ago. I have never seen one though.
Seems like Winchester might have made one or two pump rifles, sometime. crazy wink
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
probably have too many sub forums as it is. Just can't have one for every fringe category.
That said, I do have a nifty old Savage pump .30-30. Reliable, accurate and fun.
[Linked Image]

Nice... and you have the longer 22 inch barrel.

Doc
Wouldn't break my heart none. I seriously need a 12 step program for the little Winchester pump .22's.
Originally Posted by viking
If I recall, Browning made a pump rifle a few years ago. I have never seen one though.

I had one of the Browning and did't like it just couldn't get to the way it worked, so it went down the road. I purchased two of the Savage Pumps 170's in 30-30 and keep them for a while , gave one to first wife dad and the other to her aunt. I didn't like the rattly forearm on the Savage rifles while in the woods after Whitetail.

This lightning made in the 1880's pre-dates many lever actions..

[Linked Image]
.Shrapnel....you're evil...beautiful rifle......

Cool variation on the pumpgun.

Semprio
Nothing more rare than a Burgess..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
There was an old Standard Arms Co. in the shop a few months ago. 35 Rem if I remember. Funny over the years we saw several pass thru.
My Standard Arms is a 30 Remington.
Doc
[Linked Image]
141's in 35 Remington are cool too.
[Linked Image]
Always had a thing for the Remington 14R carbines....

Oh yeah, and a Burgess shotgun, featured in "Shooting Sportsman"...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I'm waiting on a
"guns bought on even numbered tuesday forum"
Oh, this is the small penis forum. I get it.
Maybe the moderator will have pity on those of us who have “cycling arm disease".......
Just my two cents.....but shouldn't we have a "Pump Rifle" forum on the 'fire? They are every bit as much a part of our history as the lever action, and every bit as good a hunting rifle as the lever action. Popularity is all that is lacking and popularity shouldn't be our gauge for inclusion. After all, how popular is history itself?

I'll second the motion! I have quite an assortment of them.
I might have one as well.
Kirk/Shrapnel was kind enough to show me his outstanding firearms when I was in Bozeman a couple of months ago. What an opportunity!

Thanks again Kirk, it was a real pleasure and unforgettable experience to see the quality and hear the history.
right now I'm looking for a correct rear sight and butt plate. The stock has not been cut.
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Always had a thing for the Remington 14R carbines....

me too

[Linked Image]

I would love a pump 44 magnum. Something on the order of a Remington 14 1/2 would be nice. Or something built along the lines of a Marlin 1894. My 141 Remington is nice but I love deer hunting with a 44.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Agree with that. Many enjoy the older stuff more than modern, me too, but it's counter-productive to fractionate that interest into umpteen different sub forums. It starves them from traffic. Look at the lever gun forum section, for example.

Would maintain more traffic of like-minded participants to have a "Cool Older Rifles and Chit" sub forum.

Excepting the Savage guys. There's enough of them to start another counntry, they can stay in the Savage forum.

Originally Posted by 222Rem
"Amish Assault Rifles"

You beat me to it.

Yep.

Same here.

If we did that, we would have to have a sub-forum for See-thru mounts.

Winchester model 1906, 22 short, long and long rifle...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
So here's the information I've gathered so far on my Remington 141.
From the Remington factory. No real help. The did not keep records for build specifications on special production guns others than the barrel codes.
That being said, I found the code to reflect a build date of June 1936.

Philip Sharpe's book: the American rifle, yielded more information.
It is most likely a 141C due to the checkered stock.
The factory also drilled and tapped for scope bases.
However, that doesn't mean this one was done at the factory.
Of course that doesn't explain the fifth hole.

Internet picture evidence:
Some rifles produced carried the C: D: F special production, but not all.

My speculation:
The stock is not cut, so there is the possibility it was built that way.
I think that unlikely though.
Still looking for more information.
Additionally: she was set up for "long range" do to speak.
I shot a four inch group at 100 yards with the ghost sight on the bottom setting. Hornady Leverlution 200 grain ammo. It was seven inches high.....

Does anyone know who made bases for these rifles besides Weaver?
Here's a few more of mine. i take a liking to the carbines. the top three are 14R's and the bottom is an ultra rare 141R. the 141R's were made the first few years (35-39) using the carbine barrels leftover from the predecessor 14R. these barrels have the two rear site dovetails and the front site boss so they are easy to distinguish from a cutdown rifle length gun. according to very reliable remington collectors, my gun may be one of about a dozen made in 32 rem. i've seen 30's and 35's but never another 32.

[Linked Image]

and here's a couple of modern day carbines. the top is a grice special order 35 rem 7600 carbine and the bottom is an ultra rare 7600 factory carbine in 35 whelen made for the european market. it is known in my circles as "The Meatmaster". and ya, the top gun has see-throughs tall enough to drive a matchbox car under.

[Linked Image]
Post it in the bear forum.
I don't know if I can bear the thought of that.......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I am working on one of those right now, in .30remington
this remington model 14 i am trying to relight, a friend is lathing some brass out of 30.30 for me, has a marbles tang peep on the back. What i didn't know until recently is it also has a marbles front sight on it too. It's in 30 remington.

A few years ago i was running around looking for deer. And the guy riding with me thought i was undergunned. I had a remington carbine 760, loaded with 220grain 30.06. He didn't think it would shoot accurately past 125 yards or so. I had downloaded the 30.06 to 30.40 kraig velocities.
I like the old pumps, they were made well.
I tried those see through rings, they put the scope up way to high for me. Friend of mine also has a 760 in 30.06 with a scope on it. The base is hinged for the scop, so you can flip it to the left to get it out of the way for the iron sights.
Pictures please.....
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Winchester model 1906, 22 short, long and long rifle...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That's the only one of the Winchester .22 pumps that I don't have. Yours looks fantastic.
© 24hourcampfire