Home
Just got a check in the mail for my 475 NE double. Down to the 458 Lott and 375 HH. Good to pocket the money, but still.

However there is a nice prewar 375 a the local Cabela's...
You sir are a real chit. Not that I have any elephants that need shooting ..... smile
You never know..

http://newsok.com/elephant-hit-in-enid-suv-crash/article/3414795
I am down to one, a 375 H&H.... unless you count a 9.3x64 Brenneke. grin
Originally Posted by Steve
Just got a check in the mail for my 475 NE double. Down to the 458 Lott and 375 HH. Good to pocket the money, but still.

They want an awful lot for the one at Tualatin... Just sayin..

I have a k-hornet you can borrow if you really need it. grin

I am only a little drive away in Canby.
Yeah, I hear ya. But it is sexy.

Like I said I've already got a 375 transitional, so I won't be buying it. I did take a long look at it the other day, though.
Originally Posted by Scott F

I have a k-hornet you can borrow if you really need it. grin

I am only a little drive away in Canby.

smile
Down to 1 416 Remington here, the 45/70 and 338. I feel a bit under gunned! laugh
But then I remembered I have a 22 hornet smile
I got your back with my 256 win mag.

Sweet! A large caliber rifle!
it has Mag in the name, of course it's bad ass!
Originally Posted by eh76
But then I remembered I have a 22 hornet smile

Thank God you are safe! grin
K-Hornet for elephants
375 for prairie dogs
works for me!
laugh
Hey - vermin riddance and plowing - simultaneously!
How ya doing, Scott?

Poor guy -- but then I'll bet you got a pretty penny for your .475. I can see it is already burning a hole on your pocket. grin

I only have four. No, five. I forgot the pre-64 .375 H&H for my kid. And I am not counting the 9.3x62.
Got rifles, need more elephants!
Steve: So you expect us to let you get away with just saying "475 Double" and not tell what it was???? cough it up, Boyo!
Jorge, it was a Cogswell and Harrison 475 NE (3 1/4") Double. A London gun built in 1917.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Ok, so you're off the hook.... but a Philistine for selling it! smile
Beautiful! Still has case coloring. Don't know how you parted with it, but i suppose you just got financing for a nice safari with the proceeds. Hope you put that .375 to work with the cash. Enjoy!
Gonna buy a van and go live by the river.
Originally Posted by hatari
Beautiful! Still has case coloring.

It had been to Turnbull's for case hardening in it's past. It was a good rifle. I just am not that good with it and it was spending too much time in the safe. It needed a new home.
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Hey - vermin riddance and plowing - simultaneously!
How ya doing, Scott?

Vertigo every day all day is getting tiring but I am still having fun. Teaching a nephew to reload has been a real enjoyment.
© 24hourcampfire