Home

Evidence collected from the cockpit voice recorder of the crashed German airliner indicates one pilot left the cockpit before the plane began its descent and was unable to get back in, The New York Times reported.

The report from Paris cited a senior military official involved with the investigation who described audio recovered from the black box recorder.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/03/25/french-alps-crash/70416962/
Since no "Allah Hu Akbar" was heard, I think it's safe to assume the other pilot was incapacitated as the cockpit doors automatically lock. However, once they hit cruising altitude the plane flies itself, so he would have had to disengage the autopilot.
They still haven't released the names of the pilots, something doesn't smell right on this.
On the news this am they said the co-pilot was only 18 months out of flight school and it was the captain that was trying to get back into the cockpit..

Co-pilot; medical emergency or suicide? Doubt we'll ever know.
Evidence collected from the cockpit voice recorder of the crashed German airliner indicates one pilot left the cockpit before the plane began its descent and was unable to get back in, The New York Times reported.

This happened years ago to a friend travelling on an African airline. The entire flight crew left the cockpit and the door closed, locking them all outside. On that occasion they broke back in using the fire axe, I dunno if planes still come equipped with such a thing.

Birdwatcher
a rare occasion I'm sure but one bad side effect of having to build terrorist proof doors
his name was lubitz, german
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/03/26/world/europe/ap-eu-france-plane-crash.html

Says there is an overide that allows the cabin crew to lock out entry.

Euro carriers don't have a two-in rule like american carriers.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
his name was lubitz, german

Perhaps an Islamic convert, perhaps someone threatened his family. Or maybe just a nut.
[Linked Image]

German national from the Rhineland area.

He had to override the keypad entry every 30 seconds. His breathing was natural until impact.

The passengers had to see or hear the pilot banging on the door, wonder why nobody called out on a cell phone.

Background info: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...nally-set-plane-on-descent-10135639.html
if it turns out he took down that plane, couple that with the Malaysian airliner - and that becomes a disturbing scenario

at this point I'm inclined to believe its a tragic event that unfortunately happened when the pilot left the cabin - until the data says otherwise.
It's tragic that they hired a psychopathic, cold blooded mass murderer. Who else can fly 149 people directly into a mountain in daylight without changing his breathing pattern? The airspeed never increased, just the altitude, a long controlled decent into the Alps. And he never said a word.
The French are saying it was deliberate. This is from Foxnews:

ANDREAS LUBITZ, co-pilot of doomed Germanwings Flight 9525 — its wreckage strewn across the southern French Alps — deliberately wanted to 'destroy the plane,' French prosecutor Brice Robin says, amid reports the pilot was locked out of the cockpit moments before the flight's sudden and fatal descent.
yea, I'm reading that now

holy hell

Originally Posted by Bigfoot
It's tragic that they hired a psychopathic, cold blooded mass murderer. Who else can fly 149 people directly into a mountain in daylight without changing his breathing pattern? The airspeed never increased, just the altitude, a long controlled decent into the Alps. And he never said a word.

Maybe because the co-pilot was unconscious? Who knows?
Why?
He had to override the cockpit door keypad every 30 seconds.
possible the pilot locked out was putting in the wrong code or didn't know it?
A report I just read says that the plane was accelerating downward before the crash. The co-pilot's breathing was normal, not panicked.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A report I just read says that the plane was accelerating downward before the crash. The co-pilot's breathing was normal, not panicked.
He was on his path to allah. At piece, or soon to be.
Originally Posted by KFWA
possible the pilot locked out was putting in the wrong code or didn't know it?

Not likely.

He was a murderous sumbitch.
It will turn out to be some Allah Akbar chit, they'll find out he's been hanging around some mosque somewhere.
He's German. He could be a convert but psychopaths come in all colors and nationalities.
Why do we have four open threads on this?
If its confirmed to be deliberate, we can expect a message from the White House calling it workplace violence.
Hahahaha yep

Not necessarily. In addition to the emergency entrance code that he'd have to override there's a manual deadbolt lock that he could engage. Once he turned it then the electronic lock doesn't matter, no one could get in until the deadbolt was unfastened.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
If its confirmed to be deliberate, we can expect a message from the White House calling it workplace violence.

Or an outright "Congratulations!" mad
He's German. He could be a convert but psychopaths come in all colors and nationalities.
Maybe Jews on the plane?
Originally Posted by RickyD
Maybe Jews on the plane?

Oh no you didn't!

Supposidly he had to turn some wheel 15 times to get the altitude to go down to 100 feet on the flight director/autopilot. Doesn't sound like he was incapacitated.
[foil hat] There must have been a passenger/passengers that the string-pullers wanted dead. [foil hat]
The simplest answer is usually the correct answer.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Word is he lived with his parents.....

28 years old.
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Word is he lived with his parents.....

28 years old.

Sherp's twin...
I wonder if the words Allah Akbar were recorded...........
Originally Posted by 12344mag

The co-pilot said nothing.
Originally Posted by postoak
Originally Posted by 12344mag

The co-pilot said nothing.

That's only what they are telling us.
Kind of what I've been thinking. No group is taking credit for this which they would surely have done if this was a politically motivated terrorist attack.

Sounds to me like a particularly malicious suicide. Guy may have been passed up for a promotion or assignment he wanted, his girlfriend left him - anything to make him think "I'll show them!". Pretty psycho way of thinking to take so many with you but suicides aren't usually thinking straight to start with.

I'm sure the investigators are going through his stuff and his entire life right now looking for any clues as to motive.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
anything to make him think "I'll show them!". Pretty psycho way of thinking to take so many with you but suicides aren't usually thinking straight to start with.

I hear his anti-cop rants weren't getting the attention he thought they deserved.
given how much he's talked about on here, I'd say they were
The Kook-A-Manga Express is building up steam...
Originally Posted by KFWA
given how much he's talked about on here, I'd say they were

Ok, they weren't getting the respect he thought they deserved...
The "normal breathing" thing seems odd to me. It means that he was not in a heart-attack mode or seizure or choking or anything like that.

But it also means that if this was suicide, he wasn't calm, cool, and collected the entire time. That doesn't fit well either.
http://speisa.com/modules/articles/...wings-airbus-was-a-convert-to-islam.html
No clue if is true or not but if true it is not surprising.
This morning's report says that at one point in flight school in AZ, he was said to be 'unfit to fly'. He's also had psychiatric treatment. He's also a convert to Islam. The worst of the worst - a Muslim fanatic and a certified nut case.
I haven't seen a hard confirmation of his Islamia (a phrase I just coined) but..

It seems more and more that when you are a total f'n nutjob and you want to seek justification for a nutjobedly desire to harm people, you take up Islam.
Google 'Andreas Lubitz Islam'. Here's one article that came up:
LUBITZ ISLAM

They're saying he took a 6 month hiatus during his flight training and converted to Islam during that time.
I've seen the same article rebranded on another website.

Surely some more info on the dead [bleep] and the mosque in Bremen will be forthcoming.
© 24hourcampfire