Home
Posted By: Mac84 Single Malt Scotch revisited - 03/27/15
Gentlemen,

Here's a very tasty 10yr single malt that won't break the bank. Speyburn Highland single malt. I've had the pleasure to sample this little gem and I must say, for a $33 offering it is simply quite good.

Sample might be a bit of an understatement. I've been nipping a dram here and there for the past couple months. It doesn't replace Glenmorangie as my favorite but it's damn good in it's price range.
How's the peat content? I'm partial to Talsiker,Lagavulin & Oban and if I remember, Glen's was not that "peaty"
My social group has a lot of get-togethers and many of us like scotch but we would all go broke if we brought bottles of the good stuff to them. Our go-to inexpensive single malt is Deanston Virgin Oak. Give it a try. We tried the Speyburn a number of years ago, but some in our group didn't care for it.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
How's the peat content? I'm partial to Talsiker,Lagavulin & Oban and if I remember, Glen's was not that "peaty"

Speyburn is not peaty. The only peaty Highland single malt that I am aware of is Ardmore.
Speyburn is not peaty, but it does have a sharp taste.
© 24hourcampfire