Home
Posted By: Deans Time to replace Chrony - 03/29/15
At the range yesterday and my Shooting Chrony did the same as at last range session. Started jumping around with the velocity readings. One firing may read 2900 and the next firing will read 3300. Both readings with the same load.

Have searched here and read reviews at Midway and other sites on the CED M2 and the Pro Chrono digital. A lot of you recommend the Pro Chrono. Have any tried the CED M2? Trying to decided between the two. The PC with bluetooth adapter is about the same price wise as the CED M2.

Thanks for your help.

Posted By: stxhunter Re: Time to replace Chrony - 03/29/15
i have a CED,its been flawless, even left it sitting outside in the rain and sun for a week onetime when i forgot it at the ranch.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Time to replace Chrony - 03/29/15
I am quite happy with my ProChrono Digital...The CED2 looks nice as well, but I have no personal experience. I do like how low profile it is...could be the next one??

I don't see me getting a magneto-speed anytime. Too many folks see POI and group size changes with them. And I like the set-it and forget-it aspect of a regular chrono. Just my 2ยข
Posted By: FishinHank Re: Time to replace Chrony - 03/29/15
I have a magneto speed and I really like it. Your POI might change slightly, but they work in any kind of weather which is nice. The setup is pretty easy also.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Time to replace Chrony - 03/29/15
Silly question,have you changed the battery to a fresh one?
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Time to replace Chrony - 03/29/15
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Silly question,have you changed the battery to a fresh one?

Very valid question. And could easily be the cure for the issue.
Posted By: Deans Re: Time to replace Chrony - 03/29/15
Yes. Battery was fresh just opened a new package. First thing I tried.
Posted By: kingston Re: Time to replace Chrony - 03/29/15
Ah man, I've been on the verge of getting a Magneto Speed. It's small, simple, and integration with iOS is supported. The only down side is that, I can't use it with a bow... If you get one I might have to...
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Time to replace Chrony - 03/29/15
Ok.

Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: Time to replace Chrony - 03/29/15
I've had a CED for 5 years or so and it has been great.
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: Time to replace Chrony - 03/29/15
Check this.

Chronograph Test
© 24hourcampfire