Home
Posted By: Paul_M Kerry has a deal with Iran - 04/02/15
It must really suck because they are trying to keep what it exactly is from the public. Oh and it's not a deal just an informal understanding. So we drop sanctions and Iran gives up nothing.
http://news.yahoo.com/iran-sees-progress-talks-resume-night-session-082019447--politics.html

LAUSANNE, Switzerland (AP) — Iran and six world powers have agreed on the outlines of an understanding to limit Iran's nuclear programs, officials told The Associated Press Thursday. Negotiations continued on a dispute over how much of it to make public.

The officials spoke outside weeklong talks that have been twice extended past the March 31 deadline in an effort to formulate both a general statement of what has been accomplished and documents describing what needs to be done to meet a June 30 deadline for a final accord.

A news conference was set for later in the day, when the results of the talks were expected to be announced.

European Union foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini and Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif were to read out the same statement in English and Farsi. Zarif and U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry were then expected to brief reporters separately.

The U.S. and five other countries hope to curb Iran's nuclear technologies that could be used to make weapons. Tehran denies such ambitions but is negotiating because it wants a lifting of economic sanctions imposed over its nuclear program.

Pressured by congressional critics in the U.S. who threaten to impose new sanctions over what they say is a bad emerging deal, the Obama administration is demanding significant public disclosure of agreements and understandings reached at the current round. Iran wants a minimum made public at this point, describing previous two-stage deals as detrimental to their interests, officials say.

The Iranians want any results from talks in the Swiss city of Lausanne described less as a deal and more of an informal understanding.

The officials demanded anonymity because they are not authorized to discuss the negotiations publicly.

They spoke after senior diplomats from the six countries negotiating with Iran huddled overnight in strategy sessions meant to advance the pace of agonizingly slow nuclear talks. Iran's foreign minister said the sides were close to a preliminary agreement, but not yet there.

The talks resumed several hours after a flurry of overnight sessions between Kerry and Zarif, and other meetings involving the six powers.

Iran also wants to get rid of sanctions that have stifled its economy. The U.S. and its partners want detailed documents on the steps Iran must take by the end of June on its nuclear program.

As he headed to his own meeting Thursday, Zarif said the talks had made "significant progress." But he said drafts still had to be written.

One problem, said Zarif, was differing voices among the other side at the table — the United States, Russia, China, Britain, France and Germany — making it difficult for them "to reach a coordination."

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, who left Lausanne Tuesday, said the two sides were close, the Interfax news agency reported. There are "only a few steps left to take or, in some cases, even-half steps, and some things have already been agreed upon," he said.

But as the talks dragged on, one Western official said early Thursday that they were "at a tough moment and the path forward is really unclear," adding that the idea of breaking talks off over Passover and Easter and resuming them next week had been informally raised. That was confirmed by another official. Neither was authorized to discuss the negotiations publicly, and both demanded anonymity to speak.

The talks — the latest in more than a decade of diplomatic efforts to curb Iran's nuclear prowess — hit the weeklong mark on Thursday, shortly before the State Department announced they would go into double overtime from the March 31 deadline for a political framework.

As the sides bore down on efforts to get a deal, German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier canceled a planned visit to Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia. French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius was also back, less than a day after leaving the city.

By blowing through self-imposed deadlines, President Barack Obama risks further antagonizing lawmakers in both parties who are poised to take their own action to upend a deal if they determine the administration has been too conciliatory.

The initial response to the extensions from Republicans suggested they already reached that conclusion. "It is clear, the negotiations are not going well," Sens. John McCain of Arizona and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina said in a statement. "At every step, the Iranians appear intent on retaining the capacity to achieve a nuclear weapon."
Posted By: Redneck Re: Kerry has a deal with Iran - 04/02/15
With 'Mr. Ed Jr.' involved, you KNOW it's going to be the worst possible 'deal' for the US..

That traitorous pos is just one more that should be in front of a firing squad.. RIGHT next to that other big pos, Jane Fonda..
Posted By: 1minute Re: Kerry has a deal with Iran - 04/02/15
I'm sure it will contain lots of substance. Very constructive.

Seems we can't just simply own up to failure and go home. They're an independent nation and should be able to do whatever inside their own borders. If they step out of line with nukes, the wrath of the world will fall upon them.

We're the only nation of earth that has built nukes and used them.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Kerry has a deal with Iran - 04/02/15
Why do we have to have a deal with them? Why do they need our permission to do something and why is it so important for us to give it?

I don't get it. Why degrade ourselves to get a deal.
I'm all for Itan getting Nukes. As a matter of fact it should be our bombers and war ships that deliver them...with extreme prejiduce
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Kerry has a deal with Iran - 04/02/15
The deal should be a simple one: GET RID of all your nuclear, bomb-making capabilities or expect a full blown blockade, sanctions and eventual military action, up to and including invasion. It's called an ultimatum
Posted By: bugs4 Re: Kerry has a deal with Iran - 04/02/15
I'm reminded of the negotiation involved when two wolves and a sheep decided what to have for dinner.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Kerry has a deal with Iran - 04/02/15
Originally Posted by jorgeI
The deal should be a simple one: GET RID of all your nuclear, bomb-making capabilities or expect a full blown blockade, sanctions and eventual military action, up to and including invasion. It's called an ultimatum

Never happen. The MIC wants his brethren to have nukes.
given the fact that iran has supported any number of terrorist groups all over the world that have been killing people most of my life including a lot of americans, no i don't want them to be nuclear equipped.
I think personally the comparison to chamberlain, is spot on for what is coming down the road.
What are the odds that Barry texted Kerry and told him, "I don't give a sshit what you, just get a deal!"?
Too bad. Lifting sanctions will drive oil prices down even further which we don't need.
Originally Posted by ironbender
What are the odds that Barry texted Kerry and told him, "I don't give a sshit what you, just get a deal!"?

Pretty fuggin' good
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I'm all for Itan getting Nukes. As a matter of fact it should be our bombers and war ships that deliver them...with extreme prejiduce

Yep.

But, they aren't the only country deserving such... wink
If I was President, my condition would of been a little different.

They would actually be pretty simple, either the immediate unconditional surrender of the Iranian nuke program, or we'd use small tactical nuclear weapon to remove their program for them.
Posted By: 1Nut Re: Kerry has a deal with Iran - 04/02/15
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
If I was President, my condition would of been a little different.

They would actually be pretty simple, either the immediate unconditional surrender of the Iranian nuke program, or we'd use small tactical nuclear weapon to remove their program for them.

Agreed. And let Israel come along for the ride.

"Death to America". Just can't get any clearer than that. Doesn't a death threat justify lethal force?
Obama and Kerry will strut and crow like they are the saviors of the world for the next two years. Then, when there's a new administration and Iran plops a nuke into Israel, they can both blame whomever is President then for screwing up their perfect deal.
Originally Posted by conrad101st
Too bad. Lifting sanctions will drive oil prices down even further which we don't need.

I cannot fathom that thought process!!!

Everything gets hit by higher fuel prices, everything! Does it hit one sector? Sure, but what about EVERY other sector in the economy?

That is the most ridiculous greenie horseshit.
Posted By: 1Nut Re: Kerry has a deal with Iran - 04/02/15
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Everything gets hit by higher fuel prices, everything! Does it hit one sector? Sure, but what about EVERY other sector in the economy?

Actually, the oil business in North America is in serious straits right now because of this. The Saudis are willing to take it in the shorts to drive other oil producers out. Fracking operations are shut down. Unfortunately big equipment manufacturers (one of which I am an employee) are hurting as well as the oil producers buy their equipment. All employee big numbers.

Granted you and I as well as companies that provide goods benefit from lower fuel prices. That helps the economy to a degree, but there needs to be a balance. Not too high and not too low.

Posted By: RickyD Re: Kerry has a deal with Iran - 04/02/15
Originally Posted by 1minute
I'm sure it will contain lots of substance. Very constructive.

Seems we can't just simply own up to failure and go home. They're an independent nation and should be able to do whatever inside their own borders. If they step out of line with nukes, the wrath of the world will fall upon them.
BS
Posted By: Seafire Re: Kerry has a deal with Iran - 04/02/15
I am sure Kerry has a deal...

1. You can Nuke Israel as long as you don't Nuke US...

2. Make Sure Obama is appointed Emperor of the USA for life...or you will threaten to attack us...
Look Familiar?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1minute Re: Kerry has a deal with Iran - 04/02/15
Likely the bottom line in the agreement is that they settled on what to have for dinner this evening.

The agreement will consist solely of "at some time in the future we will try to agree." Then smile in front of the press and everyone goes home.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Kerry has a deal with Iran - 04/02/15
Originally Posted by 1Deernut

Actually, the oil business in North America is in serious straits right now because of this. The Saudis are willing to take it in the shorts to drive other oil producers out. Fracking operations are shut down. Unfortunately big equipment manufacturers (one of which I am an employee) are hurting as well as the oil producers buy their equipment. All employee big numbers.

Granted you and I as well as companies that provide goods benefit from lower fuel prices. That helps the economy to a degree, but there needs to be a balance. Not too high and not too low.

well Iran did say if sancitions were lifted they would dump millions of barrels a day on the open market.

norm
The oddest thing to me is that the "embargo" is working already. Iran's economy is tanking really fast, they're on their last breath economically, and yet they are allowed to negotiate as though they hold all the cards.

They hold no cards currently. Let them meet the demanded conditions, which they would given just a few more months of embargo.

Zero wants a deal done so quickly because he knows that otherwise, Iran is already ready to cave. He doesn't want that to happen.
Originally Posted by norm99
Originally Posted by 1Deernut

well Iran did say if sancitions were lifted they would dump millions of barrels a day on the open market.

norm

Yep, and it will smoke the economies of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, SD, Louisiana, NM, Colorado, Alaska, etc.

Obama makes Neville Chamberlain look like Julius Caesar.

Posted By: JD338 Re: Kerry has a deal with Iran - 04/02/15
Originally Posted by Seafire
I am sure Kerry has a deal...

1. You can Nuke Israel as long as you don't Nuke US...

2. Make Sure Obama is appointed Emperor of the USA for life...or you will threaten to attack us...

3. All the Heinz Ketchup you want for life

JD338
Posted By: Bigfoot Re: Kerry has a deal with Iran - 04/03/15
I'm so tired of this azzhat we have for POTUS. First the classic strawman, 'this deal is better than war'. Then he says if the deal doesn't go through it's congresses fault. Why not blame Iran if it goes south, for instance:

Iran Accuses U.S. of Lying About New Nuke Agreement

Says White House misleading Congress, American people with fact sheet.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/iran-accuses-u-s-of-lying-about-new-nuke-agreement/

LAUSANNE, Switzerland — Just hours after the announcement of what the United States characterized as a historic agreement with Iran over its nuclear program, the country’s leading negotiator lashed out at the Obama administration for lying about the details of a tentative framework.

Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif accused the Obama administration of misleading the American people and Congress in a fact sheet it released following the culmination of negotiations with the Islamic Republic.

Zarif bragged in an earlier press conference with reporters that the United States had tentatively agreed to let it continue the enrichment of uranium, the key component in a nuclear bomb, as well as key nuclear research.

Zarif additionally said Iran would have all nuclear-related sanctions lifted once a final deal is signed and that the country would not be forced to shut down any of its currently operating nuclear installations.

Following a subsequent press conference by Secretary of State John Kerry—and release of a administration fact sheet on Iranian concessions—Zarif lashed out on Twitter over what he dubbed lies.

“The solutions are good for all, as they stand,” he tweeted. “There is no need to spin using ‘fact sheets’ so early on.”

Zarif went on to push back against claims by Kerry that the sanctions relief would be implemented in a phased fashion—and only after Iran verifies that it is not conducting any work on the nuclear weapons front.

Zarif, echoing previous comments, said the United States has promised an immediate termination of sanctions.

“Iran/5+1 Statement: ‘US will cease the application of ALL nuclear-related secondary economic and financial sanctions.’ Is this gradual?” he wrote on Twitter.

He then suggested a correction: “Iran/P5+1 Statement: ‘The EU will TERMINATE the implementation of ALL nuclear-related economic and financial sanctions’. How about this?”

The pushback from Iran’s chief diplomat follows a pattern of similar accusations by senior Iranian political figures after the announcement of previous agreements.

Following the signing of an interim agreement with Iran aimed at scaling back its nuclear work, Iran accused the United States of lying about details of the agreement.

On Thursday evening, Zarif told reporters the latest agreement allows Iran to keep operating its nuclear program.

“None of those measures” that will move to scale back Iran’s program “include closing any of our facilities,” Zarif said. “We will continue enriching; we will continue research and development.”

“Our heavy water reactor will be modernized and we will continue the Fordow facility,” Zarif said. “We will have centrifuges installed in Fordow, but not enriching.”

The move to allow Iran to keep centrifuges at Fordow, a controversial onetime military site, has elicited concern that Tehran could ramp up its nuclear work with ease.

Zarif said that once a final agreement is made, “all U.S. nuclear related secondary sanctions will be terminated,” he said. “This, I think, would be a major step forward.”

Zarif also revealed that Iran will be allowed to sell “enriched uranium” in the international market place and will be “hopefully making some money” from it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Who's leaders are more trustworthy, Iran's or ours?
What we (US) need is a leader who "speaks softly and carries a BIG stick"
Where is TR when we need him? (Or his like)
Posted By: Seafire Re: Kerry has a deal with Iran - 04/03/15
Originally Posted by mark shubert
What we (US) need is a leader who "speaks softly and carries a BIG stick"
Where is TR when we need him? (Or his like)

Goofy and Daffy Duck would have more backbone and smarts than the two Bozos the liberal left put in the White House the last two elections...

the radical left is killing this country...at least the parts of it they aren't just giving away...
Posted By: agazain Re: Kerry has a deal with Iran - 04/03/15
Kerry has a deal with Iran...

...and, now he's the only one thinks he does.

(It's called dissembling.)

Its definitely going to suck not having tho pay extra $ to fill my oil tank. And the reduced cost of commute will blow as well. I may mail my savings to that waitress in Bakken.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Kerry has a deal with Iran - 04/03/15
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
The oddest thing to me is that the "embargo" is working already. Iran's economy is tanking really fast, they're on their last breath economically, and yet they are allowed to negotiate as though they hold all the cards.

They hold no cards currently. Let them meet the demanded conditions, which they would given just a few more months of embargo.

Zero wants a deal done so quickly because he knows that otherwise, Iran is already ready to cave. He doesn't want that to happen.

They hold the race card, and he's a zero.
Hmmm....the final signing of the agreement isn't until the details are finalized on June 15th anyway.

Do we have a deal or not?
Posted By: Bigfoot Re: Kerry has a deal with Iran - 04/03/15
Nope. They only agreed on a framework for the deal, if by "agree on a framework" you mean that both sides can tell their populations different facts about it.

I hear that except for John Kerry this is the same team that negotiated to end the North Korean nuke program.
Posted By: las Re: Kerry has a deal with Iran - 04/03/15
Benedict Arnold

Neville Chamberlain ("Peace in our time!") Giving Chekoslavakia to Hitler, just before Adolph went totally bug-phok amok, in case anyone missed that history lesson.

John Kerry

Barry Obama
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

Its definitely going to suck not having tho pay extra $ to fill my oil tank. And the reduced cost of commute will blow as well. I may mail my savings to that waitress in Bakken.

True for most. I too would like cheap steak, but I'm sure the rancher has a slightly different view. :-)
Posted By: las Re: Kerry has a deal with Iran - 04/04/15
So who you gonna believe, Iran or Obama?
Posted By: JD338 Re: Kerry has a deal with Iran - 04/04/15
Originally Posted by las
So who you gonna believe, Iran or Obama?

I would believe Iran before Barry boy.

JD338
© 24hourcampfire