Home
Heard that another diary farm in Southern California is calling it quits, with "EVERYTHING" including the land going up on the Auction Block this weekend... guess the sale started Friday evening.

It was in the paper yesterday and probably the dairy's association news months ago. Don't recall the family's name right off, but it was a couple brothers that was forced out from the Chino Valley area about 10 years ago due to environmental laws dealing with ground water pollution and developers encroaching.

Guess they tried to start up a pair of new locations of about 4,500 acres each up in the Bakersfield, CA area, but it just didn't work out. Think it was just people not wanting them in their back yard more than any environmental requirement.

Shame really, because from what I understand they are one of the oldest diary farming family's in California and while in the Chino Valley were known for their top quality product, humane treatment of stock, and quality equipment.

Think the auction is supposed to last all week with everything going, equipment and about 5,000 head of top quality stock.

Auction Site;

Link

Phil
Tell me again why we need California
A place to keep all the fruits and nuts. wink
Originally Posted by gitem_12

To breed libertards and send them to other states, so we can all be like calioto.

California is the crystal ball. You wanna know what's going to happen across this nation? Look at the crystal ball. This country is chock full of me, me, me, me's who want everything their way, even though their way is, by and large, clueless and counter to freedom and being productive.
One of the causes;

Link

Actually its people all over the world have too damn much money and wanting to move to California.

50 - 200 million dollar homes are popping up everywhere, and us peons are being pushed further North, South, and out into the desert.

Already one of the biggest problems in the coastal regions is that there is no where for service workers to live with in commuting distance of their jobs.

White Collar, pretty soon white-collar workers won't be wanted in California. It'll be the elite and the worker class! And they still haven't figured out the transportation issues between the two...

Phil
Originally Posted by bruinruin

California is the crystal ball. You wanna know what's going to happen across this nation? Look at the crystal ball. This country is chock full of me, me, me, me's who want everything their way, even though their way is, by and large, clueless and counter to freedom and being productive.

Precisely why we don't need Cali and should hive it back to Mexico
Wasn't sure of the name, wanted to say Borda, and had already thrown away the paper.

But the family's name is Borba with the company being "Borba & Sons".

Anyway did a search and found the auction site... date was also wrong with the web site saying 24 Apr, 2015;

Link

[Linked Image]

Wouldn't mind having the iron gate, of course would have to cut-out the big B, and maybe put in a walk-through gate in its place.

Phil
Originally Posted by bruinruin

And it gets really freaking tiresome to boot!
Nobody drinks milk anymore and Cali cheese sucks.
libtards will be libtards.............
A LOT of dairies have moved out of CA in recent years. They're all here in so. Idaho. Hundreds of thousands of cows. I wonder why this one didn't move.
Here's how it works... a local community, township, or city consisting of family's that have owned their homes since the 30's, 40's or 50's elect their local community leaders, but with taxes based on property values based on when they purchased their homes, business, or investment property, as the years go by there is less and less funds to commit to projects or those same community leaders pay... PD and FD come in here more than any other expenditure.

Now take into consideration that if those same homes, business' or investment property's were sold... well then you could tax based on the new sell price! Well that worked for years and those that moved created higher taxes for the community when the property's were re-sold.

But then, those that wanted to relocate, sell, or for what ever reason wanted to liquidate were no longer there so that source of revenue dried up. Now its time to start forcing people out.

Here's where the developers come in and Eminent Domain, take out the big land owners, build 10,000 new homes, and taxes just come pouring in... now you can quadruple everyone's pay, tack on unbelievable benefits, pensions and bonuses. And even that is only temporary, there is just so many big land owners to force out!

Now you get to where we are at now. Cater to the super rich and the construction of mega mansions...

Its called Proposition 13

Phil
Got zero use for California or it's emigrants.
Poor California.
http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.com/local/x1209582200/Once-disputed-Borba-dairy-being-sold-off

Just a staging area for illegals.
http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2009/01/09/3902014.htm
Just some reading if you guys want the real picture..
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Heard that another diary farm in Southern California is calling it quits, with "EVERYTHING" including the land going up on the Auction Block this weekend... guess the sale started Friday evening.

It was in the paper yesterday and probably the dairy's association news months ago. Don't recall the family's name right off, but it was a couple brothers that was forced out from the Chino Valley area about 10 years ago due to environmental laws dealing with ground water pollution and developers encroaching.

Guess they tried to start up a pair of new locations of about 4,500 acres each up in the Bakersfield, CA area, but it just didn't work out. Think it was just people not wanting them in their back yard more than any environmental requirement.

Shame really, because from what I understand they are one of the oldest diary farming family's in California and while in the Chino Valley were known for their top quality product, humane treatment of stock, and quality equipment.

Think the auction is supposed to last all week with everything going, equipment and about 5,000 head of top quality stock.

Auction Site;

Link

Phil

Pathetic
Originally Posted by GeoW

Just a staging area for illegals.

Any bet's on whether this fine, upstanding, yet misunderstood and mistreated business was/is using undocumented workers?
it was and is impossible to do any business using manual/physical labor in California without using "undocumented" workers. Many, Many had and have "Green cards" that may or may not be genuine. I had employee's that had Green cards that I were suspect and tried to verify. I hit a stonewall of resistance from the very agency's that were there to verify.
I finally had enough and escaped and pity anyone still trapped in California.
Milk is for babies.
All the D you need is outside and in natural greens.

California: Largest economy in the US and eighth largest economy in the world. Are you all really so stupid? Tell me why we need you.
Water maybe...?
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A LOT of dairies have moved out of CA in recent years. They're all here in so. Idaho. Hundreds of thousands of cows. I wonder why this one didn't move.

I'm not an environmental supporter for sure, but I'd just as soon send all the stinkin dairies back to CA, even the ones that didn't migrate from there. Most all family farms are nothing but a memory anyway so it's not like it's the little guts vs. the government.
Originally Posted by deerstalker
it was and is impossible to do any business using manual/physical labor in California without using "undocumented" workers. Many, Many had and have "Green cards" that may or may not be genuine. I had employee's that had Green cards that I were suspect and tried to verify. I hit a stonewall of resistance from the very agency's that were there to verify.
I finally had enough and escaped and pity anyone still trapped in California.

Schitt, most dairies around here might have one or two that speak English and direct the rest. Most in the ag industry want no part of employee verification. Just one of Idaho's dirty little secrets. Everyone bitches about securing the borders, but hire illegals by the truckload.
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

I'm not an environmental supporter for sure, but I'd just as soon send all the stinkin dairies back to CA, even the ones that didn't migrate from there. Most all family farms are nothing but a memory anyway so it's not like it's the little guts vs. the government.

Don't have a problem with the dairies being here - but if we don't make them clean up their act, we're going to regret it. Idaho's larger rivers (lower Snake, Boise, and Payette) are flowing cesspools, compared to 40 years ago. Runoff from the dairies is part of the problem. Commercial farms are in the mix too.
The Snake below Buhl gets so much moss in the summer that it's not boatable in some spots. Some years ago, the governor took an inspection boat trip in the Thousand Springs area to see how bad it gets. They got the boat high centered in the moss and needed a tow. It's not all from cows, though. The potato processing plants at Burley dump a lot of nitrates in the water, too.
He will be happier. Best move I ever made was selling them damn milk cows. No human should have to live like that..3am till 9pm 24-7 - 365 days. Beef is the way to go not milk.
Running a dairy has got to be one of the toughest things going.
Originally Posted by catosilvaje
He will be happier. Best move I ever made was selling them damn milk cows. No human should have to live like that..3am till 9pm 24-7 - 365 days. Beef is the way to go not milk.
Several years ago my wife wanted to get either a cow or a milk goat. I told her to enjoy because I was going camping. It doesn't matter if you milk 1 or 20, you still have to be there twice a day. There are no vacations. I refuse to play that game.
© 24hourcampfire