Home
I broke the decapping pin in my Lee pistol die. This thing is advertised as "unbreakable", but the Titanic was advertised as "unsinkable" and she went down on her maiden voyage; and as I think about it, these dies are 25years old. So I went to Midway to order a new pin. 2 bucks! I can't place an order for 2 bucks?! Hmm what else do I need.... Welll an extra pin would be good, and some cardboard ammo boxes and.....Total with shipping?
$60.00 and change. Them "unbreakable" pins are darned expensive LOL grin
Call Lee, ya might get a free one.
IIRC, they are guaranteed forever. I think Lee will replace it for you.
I broke a couple.Seems I had them too tight. They are supposed to be tight enough to punch the primer out, but loose enough that the rod will slip up rather than break. The last pin I broke was on a Berdan primed .223 case that somehow got into my brass bucket.
Lee Precision website says there is a two year guarantee. They don't owe me anything. Like I said, that pin has been in there for 25 years. I just couldn't help myself once I got to ordering from Midway.
They sure do know how to play the impulse buyer, don't they? laugh
Truth to tell, I'd been holding off on placing the order for all the things I "needed" but didn't "need" just this moment. Them 45 dies aren't much good if they won't punch out the primer, so it was time to do the deed. I still didn't get everything on my wishlist.
i have broken some of those lee decapper dies, on crimped mil/surp brass.
I contacted lee and they sent me some new ones for free.
pretty good deal i thought.
not sure but cabella's might have the pins too.
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
I just couldn't help myself once I got to ordering from Midway.

That's the truth!
© 24hourcampfire