Home
Ultra-light or gyro-copter lands in Capital lawn. Pilot in custody, geeze do ya think!

Changed it for ya all!

White House/Capital, who gives a [bleep]?

Phil
That'll stir the alcoholics out of their nap...
supposedly a USPS sign on the tail.

"never let a crisis go to waste"

ked
Sounds like its an off the rocker postman delivering mail

Phil
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Sounds like its an off the rocker postman delivering mail

Phil

Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I assure you Barry, I do not make the meetings.
That's proof to me that if someone wanted to fly a plane into any building in DC, it could get done and nobody could make a decision and act fast enough to stop it. Tom Clancy wrote about it how many years ago? And then there was that Cessna right after the book came out?
I think the bomb tech is going to blow it up
They knew he was coming. The secret service had a vist with him.
He gave them the date he was coming and they still couldn't stop him.

For crying out loud!
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

I assure you Barry, I do not make the meetings.

grin laugh

I was referring to the Secret Service party boys...
Originally Posted by willhunt4

For crying out loud!

Really, sounds like someone needs to learn to use some hardware.

For crying out loud!

Maybe they didn't WANT to.
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver

For crying out loud!

Maybe they didn't WANT to.

Wait, this was in Dallas?
capital not white house
They should of shot his butt out of the sky.... would have taught the next guy not to do it.
capital not white house

Dont confuse things with the facts.

It's far more fun to go off on a rant without checking to see if it's even true
Looks like the pilot was a Ruskin.
Pilot told Secret Service and was interviewed by them. Flew for two hours and no one picked him up on radar. Pilot had stuff on social media for two years, also told a reporter. Geesh
Just said what I first heard... does it make a hoot to me if its either... NO!

Does your little rant mean anything either... NO!

Here's an Idea, post something on your own, instead of just sitting back and making stupid remarks about someone else.

Phil
Adds a new meaning to the phrase "going postal"
Reckon that guy's fired now? whistle

What chances do you give him of getting his toy chopper back? wink
He has a government job so, no.

The Secret Service is looking forward to using the Gyro to fly in prostitutes so, no.
I'd like one of those to shoot hogs.

Kinda hard to fly and shoot, and watch the empties so they don't go into that rear prop though... wink
I'd like one of those to shoot hogs.

Kinda hard to fly and shoot, and watch the empties so they don't go into that rear prop though... wink

That would be a blast! Wonder how hard those things are to fly ?
Actually these gyros can be flown both hands off. They're pretty stable. Now flying, shooting and providing us with the all-important video might be a trick so mount the camera on the rifle. Do NOT forget to post it so I can live vicariously here in the no pig zone.
Autogyros have been around a long time. The word "Contraption" comes to mind...

Here's an Idea, post something on your own, instead of just sitting back and making stupid remarks about someone else.
Phil

There's no need to get your panties in a wad just because you posted misinformation and it was pointed out.

It's really not hard to look things up when you're already connected to the greatest source of information ever known to humans

It only takes a second to do a search for the truth
Originally Posted by add

Forgot about that one. The learning curve on flying a Gyro-copter has to be REALLY short.
I don't see a place on them for a co-pilot or instructor. Wonder how many people crash on their first flight ???
This stuff is funny. Can't believe a guy flys a bicycle two hours to the capital lawn and nobody intercepts. He even makes a professionally produced video and posts it on social media. I'm sure ISIS is getting some ideas. Sure makes a bunch of LE agencies and NORAD look kinda stupid. Who the Hell is protecting us?
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
This stuff is funny. Can't believe a guy flys a bicycle two hours to the capital lawn and nobody intercepts. He even makes a professionally produced video and posts it on social media. I'm sure ISIS is getting some ideas. Sure makes a bunch of LE agencies and NORAD look kinda stupid. Who the Hell is protecting us?

Nobody is protecting us, hell they can't even protect themselves from an elderly mail carrier with a homemade kit copter. Sleep sound tonight boys and girls it's amateur hour.

Are you kidding???

He will receive a promotion and another two weeks a year of vacation...
Originally Posted by RDW

Are you kidding???

He will receive a promotion and another two weeks a year of vacation...

..... or he will get put on Administrative Leave ... that is you still get paid but do not come into work.
Disgruntled postal worker? Is the flag flying at half staff at the post office today? Was the SS giving 0's daughter driving lessons at the time? What's keeping a terrorist from strapping 200 lbs. of C-4 to one of these things and ramming the Whitey House?
I'll say that guy has some balls.
He had a letter for every congressman. He was making a statement. He stated it was a act of civil disobedience. He was from florida, he towed it to Gettysburg and flew it to DC. he said it took about an hour.
People were talking about making an example out of him today, that and all the talk about him being lucky they didn't shoot him out of the sky...

Don't know for what, wasn't a threat and didn't try and pretend of being a threat. Broad day light, out in the open clearly quite a distance from everything. Broke some laws flying into some restricted air space, but other than that can't see them charging him with anything else. Private citizen, making a political statement, with no intent of getting anyone hurt.

Was an embarrassment though I guess!

Phil
CNN said he Flew under the RADAR, no chit really. CG Military District Washington needs to be fired.

When I worked for the Army as a civilian, I was national manager for the HALO parachute. A High Altitude Low Opening parachute. The entire system is designed for a person to exit an aircraft above 35000 ft altitude from a standoff mode and coast up to 35 miles or more and open about 2500 ft.

The next thing is for someone to parachute to the White House and blow themselves up.
Originally Posted by eyeball

Everyone has the right to peacefully protest their own government in America. I say give the guy his 15 minutes of fame and return his gyrocopter. Jimmy Carter's daughter used to get away with her stupid crap all the time just by saying she was peacefully protesting. Let the guy go and let him deliver his mail.
kwg
If he were black O would invite him to the Rose Garden and give him a medal.
other then flying in restricted air space nothing wrong. The SS knew 2 years ago that he was going to do this , he plucking told them and they still didn't stop him.
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by eyeball

Everyone has the right to peacefully protest their own government in America. I say give the guy his 15 minutes of fame and return his gyrocopter. Jimmy Carter's daughter used to get away with her stupid crap all the time just by saying she was peacefully protesting. Let the guy go and let him deliver his mail.
kwg

They don't even arrest protesters that incite riots where people get killed i.e. Jefferson,MO but anyone that agrees with the dope smoker in chief gets a free pass.
Actually he fought his way in but they don't wanna admit it....

I would have bet he would have been shot down. Guy has balls.
© 24hourcampfire