Home
Besides the normal ice cream and chocolate snacks what is your favorite snack?

Mine is Goldfish Crackers, I don't know what it is but I love these things.

[Linked Image]
Bananas with almond butter daily.
Deer jerkey.
My $70 but mix
Raw, unroasted, unsalted
Almonds
Walnuts
Cashews
Pecans
Salted pistachios
Macadamia nuts
Dried cranberries
Dried apricots
Banana chips
("$70 mix" trademarked, not to be used without express written consent of Ricky Bobby Inc.)
Doritos of almost any flavor are my favorite junk food. I cant keep them around as they dont seem to have a very long life.
McDonalds Meats from Clearwater MN, Pepper Jerky or Giants Sunflower seeds. They make all other seeds pale in comparison.
Can't eat any junk food any more due to the diabetes. I snack on a lot of luncheon meat, cheese, and strawberries.
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Can't eat any junk food any more due to the diabetes. I snack on a lot of luncheon meat, cheese, and strawberries.

wilford brimley can help you with that. but the proper term is "die a beat iss"
Only once in a while...

[Linked Image]

+

[Linked Image]

=

[Linked Image]

Cashews, jalapeno bbq almonds, honey roast peanuts, trail mix that have m&ms in it sun flower seeds,, and a unending assortment of chips, corn and tater (NO SOUR CREAM).

Sweets, just about any type or brand, have always worked for me!!

I can't believe I haven't finally past that stage!

Respects,
Richard
Pistachios in the shell and salty
I make a couple of batches of Colombian style Arepas every week. I reheat them with a couple of slices of white cheese when I want a snack.
Made from scratch - eggs, butter, flour, brown sugar, and I throw in a little cinnamon and a cup of shredded coconut. Batch of fresh chocolate chip cookies and a glass of ice cold milk is my idea of perfection.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
jerky
Salsitos
chex type mixes
trail mix

I don't get to eat snacks anymore which makes the ones I sneak so much better. If I could only eat one (kind of a take off of the only one gun threads that we seem to go through so often) it would be Ginger Snaps that have lost the crisp snap and are kind of old and chewy.
A bottle of Mexican Coke Cola {the Coke with real cane sugar) And Fritos.

Jim
Pretzels
Frito's and Peanut Butter.

Phil
Pickled eggs, jerky, cheese and fruit.

Ernie
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Crunchy granola bars - peanut butter.
Originally Posted by rem141r
Originally Posted by gophergunner

wilford brimley can help you with that. but the proper term is "die a beat iss"
Some other stuff I can snack on includes pork rinds. No carbs, but high calories, and about as close as I can get to junk food. If I have to have chocolate, I get a small bag of peanut M+M's. They're not too bad for me. For trail mix during hunting, I mix my own. Granola, peanut M+M's, dried fruit and some raisins.
1) Chicharrones (Pork Rinds) and beer. I could live on em.

2) Saltines and good cheddar.

3) Frito Scoops and Salsa.

Having an iced coffee is about as much of a sweet snack as I do.
No sodas or chips or breads.
A Hershey bar with almonds. Oh, and a black Full Throttle.

I can also make a lunch out of a bottle of Red Label Coca Cola and a bag of peanuts.
Spitz dill pickle sunflower seeds and homemade jerky.

Kent
Happy Birthday, Kent.
Hard salami or coppa and sharp cheddar cheese.
Pickled veggies of any sort. Usually have a half dozen different jars in the fridge. Also, dried fruit.
A jar of "party" peanuts, the little ones.

Cocktail peanuts!
winter, Spring, summer and fall there is something about a shirt pocket full of pistachios. It feels light in your pocket and feels heavy in your travels.
Life is GREAT!
Doritos and bean dip, and Choclate chip cookies.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Made from scratch - eggs, butter, flour, brown sugar, and I throw in a little cinnamon and a cup of shredded coconut. Batch of fresh chocolate chip cookies and a glass of ice cold milk is my idea of perfection.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'm with you!
Home made chocolate chip cookies
Dark chocolate (Dove)
Originally Posted by mack5511
McDonalds Meats from Clearwater MN, Pepper Jerky or Giants Sunflower seeds. They make all other seeds pale in comparison.

I've been by there many times but we're always in a hurry at that point. I'll make it a point to stop next time. They are always busy it seems.
Kippers and sardines...

But the wife has other thoughts... frown
Oh yes, and although the OP ruled out chocolate, Snickers. Sounds crazy, Tastes great.
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Kippers and sardines...

Sprats

Originally Posted by eh76
Kippers and sardines...

Sprats

Expensive sardines...but GOOD! laugh
Originally Posted by eh76
Kippers and sardines...

Sprats

Expensive sardines...but GOOD! laugh

$2 a can is expensive?
I'd be hard put to pick a favorite snack, but graham crackers dunked in a glass of cold milk would be a serious contender for the #1 spot.

Other favorites would be my wife's chocolate chip cookies, strawberry Twizzlers and ice cream.
For the sweet variety I love UFO ice cream bars by North Star. Just ate two.
Twizzlers are defensive food for me...I can clear a room after eating those things....
Cape Cod potato chips. I also like a chunk of sharp cheddar cheese.
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Originally Posted by mack5511

I've been by there many times but we're always in a hurry at that point. I'll make it a point to stop next time. They are always busy it seems.

every time I drive by,I leave $50 there. it is on the way to my sister.s

I like the blueberry wild rice brats,the most. grin
Coworker put out some Chex mix than had just a dash of cayenne pepper in it. WOW. Made it three times as good as the original.

Chips n bean dip/salsa
Heath bar or Heath blizzard
Turtle pie from baskin robbins
Bud light, salami, pepper jack cheese, saltine crackers

Corn nuts for me, picked eggs and Spam for "guess who"?
When it's time to kill a sweet tooth I go hunting for the same thing I've favored since I was a kid, an "Oh Henry" candybar though they are getting harder to find nowdays.
These days I go to honeydew melon chunks, carrot sticks, plain almonds or old cheddar cheese with a fig or a date or two....
[Linked Image]

More recent is Pita chips [variety of flavors] with cream cheese.

Black Twizzlers or red ropes

Elk jerky

Jim's chocolate chip cookies look pretty good grin

Chocolate. Any kind.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
[Linked Image]

Do yourself a favor and buy a jar of Klaussen pickles!
I actually love fresh crisp apples with gobs of peanut butter in top -
Goldberg's Peanut Chews, a little tough to find out here in the west. When I need them I go to Party City and they have them there as penny candy!
Morning:
Oatmeal and banana daily

Night:
Garlic stuffed olives
Habanero Cheese
Claussen pickles
Pretzels
Quality Salami

Crutch:
Never eat sweets at all. Never. But something about Welch's fruit chews gets me. I had one (going to the kids lunch) and it went down from there.

Dave's killer bread, good pnut butter and honey sandwich.

now that's a good snack
Thin sliced hard salami on Ritz crackers, smoked almonds, all washed down with a gin & tonic.
Pretty much all of the above.

(Excepting kippers and sardines)
Wasabi and soy sauce triscuits and cheese
Hands down are my wife's oatmeal raisin cookies. She also makes a terrific brown rice pudding.

On my own I'm good with cheerios and a banana.

On at least one day of summer I need a bottle or two of Michelob, some good deli summer sausage, smoked cheddar, and Ritz crackers.
Picked up a jar of hot pickled brussel sprouts yesterday. Killer.
Cheezits
Hershey bar with or without almonds
Peanuts.
chasues can't eat only one . Pringles chips by the tube, werthers hard candy.tic tacs, ritz mini cheese samichs.

all good sometimes together , goes in cycles.

norm
Beer.

No question about that one.
Moon Pie
Ritz crackers, regular or the bacon-flavored.
Carrots.
Not much of a sweet tooth but that damn popcorn is my kryptonite.

I forbid the wife from buying it cause I can't resist.

Willpower is not my strong suit regarding beer or popcorn.
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
© 24hourcampfire