Home

Every big project I've worked on lately has had a camera.. This one is pretty neat.

Click on the time lapse button to see it coming out of the dirt..

http://www.yellowstonenationalparkl...-lodge-cabins/canyon-village-time-lapse/
How long have you been on that one?

The logistics of building out there must be interesting....
All those rooms are separate containers? That is pretty awesome how fast they got those up.
As soon as they plowed the road in, end of March.

Project came out of the ground last spring, mod construction, 3 units got dried in and put to bed November 1. Those three will be finished and handed over in July, and then two more will come out of the dirt and get dried in before Nov. 1 again. Those will get finished next summer.

We're running 2 crew rotations, 8 days on, 6 off. 12 hour days..

This is just another version of a game camera. The Park Service put the camera up to see if Rancho was even working...
Originally Posted by shrapnel

This is just another version of a game camera. The Park Service put the camera up to see if Rancho was even working...

I really wish I could phone this one in.. It's a ball buster.
Originally Posted by shrapnel

I didn't see him even once in the time lapse clip...
'Cuz I'm inside..
Time to go to work.. Gotta give the furriners somewhere to lay their heads.

See you couch sitters later.

Sure, there is some real experience coming from one of the 7 Dwarfs, namely sleepy...
Obviously a remote FEMA camp.

Congratulations on being a pawn in their scheme.

Travis
There should be at least a couple photo bombs in that time lapse.
I'll be in W. Yellowstone 2 weeks from today enroute to Cody, Yippee. I am looking forward to showing the G-kids the North Fork and Yellowstone.

mike r

Was just in W Yellowstone this past weekend and did a short detour through the park on Sunday. Of course, I had to go through Ennis and Shedhorn Sports on the way - that was expensive... smirk
I was there yesterday and got another Sako...
Was it a 243? Seems I recall seeing one... I brought home a CMP M1 Garand.
Visiting Rancho will leave you feeling upbeat.

Visiting shrapnel will leave you feeling broke and violated.

Travis
When I saw the Sako, I thought of Shrapnel. Then I saw the Garand and thought of Shrapnel again. WTH's wrong with me?
I thought you were in the custom log home/lodge business?

Them are some kind of 'cabin'!
I do timbers, no logs...

Im sooping the interior divisions on this one.
Shedhorn Sports is a serious gunstore w/ good people working there and a good breakfast joint across the street.

mike r
K

smile
You're jobsite might be a nicer locale than mine...
Very cool but, alas, I will have no more "from the jobsite" shots to contribute...
Originally Posted by SamOlson
You're jobsite might be a nicer locale than mine...

Only when it dries out, and there's no hungry bears around.

A Marten did run into my office today, he gave me one of those "oh chit!" looks, and I told him to get out, and he split. He was probably looking for those fat deer mice these old cabins are infested with.
That would be cool!

Take a pic of that bastid.

We're getting the old farm trucks up and going, just like every other year mouse central.
© 24hourcampfire