Home
Posted By: ringworm Cabelas...who's at the wheel? - 04/25/15
The following is the last email sent of nearly a dozen to customer service.
I have been dealong with them for nearly a week...

I am really getting fed up.
I keep getting apologies and new mistakes and a different person emailing me who doesn't know what the full breadth of the situation is.
I'm going to ask you to forward this up the chain of command to some sort of supervisor who can get this resolved TODAY.
last Saturday I went to the "local" store 40 minutes away and was told I could order the powder that they didn't have and it would be delivered to the store avoiding the $20 hazmat fee.
This was not correct. And when I ordered I was comped the shipping charge for the mistake.
The order was made last Sunday for 5 pounds IMR4895, 1k CCI primers, 1 pound H110.
As of Wednesday the order had languished unfilled.
An order number and tracking number emailed but the tracking number only showed the order had been created.
I emailed and asked why and got appolgies and was told "someone" made a mistake, the order would be recreated and a $15 gift certificate would be mailed ,physically, to apologize.
I then got a phone call message telling me that upon attempting to fill the order it H110 had gone out of stock and it would be fall at the earliest before it would be in stock.
The H110 was $25.99 + 6% SC sales tax.
Then I get an email telling me I had been credited to my credit card $20.
I assumed, perhaps a compensation for the hazmat to appolgoze for the 3rd mistake on a simple order.
Now I am being told that the $20 is a partial refund made to my credit card and that the remainder is going to be mailed in the form of a check.
A check?
What is this 1980? Who uses checks?
I am a USMC verteran and I bank with USAA, 6 states away. I don't have a local bank.
What am I supposed to do with a paper check?
This is what I want.
I want confirmation that my order of 5 pounds of IMR4895 and 1k CCI BR-2 primers has shipped and a tracking number.
The original shipping charge comped as it was on the original order.
I also want to see the total amount of the item I am not receiving returned to the credit card it was drawn from, today.
I also expect that the gift certificate I was promised is issued, and were it I , I would increase the amount in an attempt to console and retain the customer who has been attempting to buy a product for a week with no success.
I have missed the H110 which was in stock when I originally ordered, I have driven to the local store for no reason, I have been on the phone 3 times and sent nearly a dozen emails.
Cabelas is one of many sporting suppliers I can do business with.
If you want to keep me as a customer, show me. Don't just apologize then continue to display incompetence.
Regards
you need to call in the big guns. reverend al
Great, can't wait for the paper cut from toilet paper thread next. It's amazing how tough some folks lives are and how they MUST bitch about it in public.

Chicks
Customer service is going the way of the dodo bird and Cabelas as far as I'm concerned has been catching up with everyone else in regards to crap customer service.

Week before last I called six (yes six) Cabelas before I was finally able to talk to someone decent in the firearms department. I was looking for a current production pistol they had on sale, but couldn't find anyone that was willing to do an inventory search until I spoke with someone in Rapid City, SD who couldn't have been any more helpful.

Totally UN-related to Cabelas I just spent two months fighting Samsung over their customer service or lack of it. I finally told them they had until the end of the month to resolve the issue or I would be filing a small claims suit and low and behold it was two days later I had my return authorization.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Great, can't wait for the paper cut from toilet paper thread next. It's amazing how tough some folks lives are and how they MUST bitch about it in public.

Chicks

Not all of us enjoy taking it in the butt, like you.
Regardless of the Cabelas issue, I can't see how anyone can function without a local bank to do business with. Credit cards and checks both serve a purpose. Debit cards don't make sense.
How do you make it through the day?
By doing business with folks who are glad to have it and treat customers with respect and competency.
I guess that's not the case out west where y'all are stove up from being barricaded in your log cabins 5 months out of the year with Bertha the sheep as your only companion.
You're like the east coast version of shefire.. Congrats?

#lifeisaconstantstruggle
I can imagine how it would read had someone done exactly the same to you on our classifieds.
#imheretobefked
A dozen emails in less than a week..

#needarestrainingorder
Originally Posted by ringworm

Chicks

Not all of us enjoy taking it in the butt, like you.

Curious how 'I'm a USMC vet' is/was pertinent to your email to Cabelas?

I am a USMC verteran and I bank with USAA, 6 states away. I don't have a local bank.

Use their app on a smart phone and take a picture of the check to deposit it. ( I bank with USAA as well)
Originally Posted by The_Yetti

Use their app on a smart phone and take a picture of the check to deposit it. ( I bank with USAA as well)

Come on, he can't figure out a frigging scope cover.
Posted By: Teal Re: Cabelas...who's at the wheel? - 04/25/15

Chicks

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by The_Yetti

Yep, this is all too easy. You can also scan and send them in that way...but it is easier to gripe.
My gripe is that I got refunded $20 for a 26 dollar pound of powder that I didn't receive because it sold out between the time it was supposed to be shipped a d the 3 days later when I made them realize it had not beensent.
But, that's my fault for not following the [bleep] here that run around sucking each others diks about kimbers and Jesus.
Nothing to do with piss poor customer service, no, because I didn't realize a feature on a scope cap...
Its karma for not telling steelie how cool he is constantly.
What a group.
How do y'all breath with each others cokcs down your throats?
Originally Posted by Ringworm
What am I supposed to do with a paper check?

Take a picture of it with your cellphone, hit send, and it gets deposited to your account.

You are right, it's not the 1980's any more.
I'm aware of that, but, less than 24 hours earlier the credit was made to my card for 20 dollars. But then all of the sudden the have to cut a check...
Obviously reading has evaded some.
Wouldn't matter, as I'm not part of the " group" here...
Cabelas could have billed me double and mailed packing peanuts and air to my neighbors and you fkers would find me at fault.
So what.
GFY...X 10.
I'm aware of that, but, less than 24 hours earlier the credit was made to my card for 20 dollars. But then all of the sudden the have to cut a check...
Obviously reading has evaded some.
Wouldn't matter, as I'm not part of the " group" here...
Cabelas could have billed me double and mailed packing peanuts and air to my neighbors and you fkers would find me at fault.
So what.
GFY...X 10.

Naa, Just giving you crap.

Overall I'd say the situation was pretty messed up and you just haven't gone high enough up the food chain to get someone who really understands customer service.
Its already settled.
About 1100 est.
No charge on the shipping. 1 gift card and a $20/$150 coupon.
Looks like another CDS in my future.
Funny as hell thread
Posted By: EWY Re: Cabelas...who's at the wheel? - 04/25/15
Sorry your feelers got hurt. Glad Cabela's un fugged ya.

Ernie
No, he's still fugged. A bold fugg.
It's our own fault as consumers.....we all want cheap.. As far as I'm concerned cabelas is just wall mart..better in the long run to just buy for ma and pa outfit somtimes.
Its already settled.
About 1100 est.
No charge on the shipping. 1 gift card and a $20/$150 coupon.
Looks like another CDS in my future.

Looks like Cabelas succeeded. Give their customer a bunch of chit and entice him to spend $399.

Five minutes ago you weren't going to buy anything from them ever.
Am I on the campfire, or Facebook?
Mebbe People magazine? You've got members here talking about bruce jenner and the kardashians..
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Mebbe People magazine? You've got members here talking about bruce jenner and the kardashians..
you are the first Ive seen.
look around, dumbass.
no,thanks.
What's wrong with Kimbers and Jesus?
This thread has more melodrama than Safariman

We need a sub forum called DRAMA QUEENS
© 24hourcampfire