Home
Posted By: gemby58 Lead prices - 04/25/15
Also posted in classifieds What's the going price for bullet lead per pound? I have over 400 pounds of 22 Long rifle bullet lead in 50 pound plates that I would like to sell to fund buying some red dot sights and maybe 1 or 2 rifles for the youth club. Need to know where to start on the price, I see on E-Bay, there selling it for over $1.50 a pound shipped. All this lead was cleaned out of the bullet traps and was 22 Long rifle ammo and melted into 50 pound plates
Posted By: 700LH Re: Lead prices - 04/25/15
Google "scrap lead prices" if you can get a buck fifty, jump on it
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Lead prices - 04/25/15
I seen guys on here were sell awhile back I think for $1.00 a pound. I know sell scap lead has one price but if you bought from them its another price.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Lead prices - 04/25/15
one issue with that bullet trap lead if you want to call it that, is that it is pretty soft lead. I have used it before but you gots to add stuff to it to get to the brn you want to use. At least i did.
You can find lead prices on the neat. that 1.50 is more reflective of cleaned lead smelted into ingots.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Lead prices - 04/25/15
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
one issue with that bullet trap lead if you want to call it that, is that it is pretty soft lead. I have used it before but you gots to add stuff to it to get to the brn you want to use. At least i did.
You can find lead prices on the neat. that 1.50 is more reflective of cleaned lead smelted into ingots.

And it's more reflective of a BN14 or similar hardness.

Soft lead usually goes for less.
Posted By: clintsfolly Re: Lead prices - 04/26/15
Just sold a 1000lbs at $.90 +shipping in mfrb But was in ingots to fit into lead pots. Good Luck Clint
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Lead prices - 04/26/15
If you want pure soft lead for free, get acquainted with some roofers who do commercial buildings. All older roof drains are flashed with lead and when they reroof, it usually ends up in a dumpster. It'll likey have a lot of asphalt on it but that'll burn off as you melt it.
© 24hourcampfire