Home
Posted By: EdM A Great Day - 04/26/15
Up early to tractor some mulch around from the cedars we had cleared, paths to the garden and paths around the raised garden beds. Dear wife worked her azz off. I then headed out for a welding cart. Hit the local Miller shop, Northern Tool and Harbor Freight. Harbor freight was the hands down winner for quality let alone price.

[Linked Image]

Then it was the install of new shocks on my 2008 Chevy truck. All went well though my hands are weak, not what they once were. I will be working on that.

Came in to find my wife napping after spreading and placing the mulch, woke her up and advised a shower for both of us and a quick road run in her roadster to an ice house 20 minutes away. Had an order of brisket nachos and a couple of Coors.

[Linked Image]

Wrapped up with burgers on the grill, Sadie's salsa is the schitt, and grilled veggies.

I am loving this schitt.
Posted By: calikooknic Re: A Great Day - 04/26/15
Sweet!
Posted By: JBARTRAM Re: A Great Day - 04/26/15
Cool pics and narrative.
I love Harbor Freight. Their elves back in China are getting pretty good at making stuff. (not being sarcastic).
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: A Great Day - 04/27/15
I got one of those welding carts. Love it. lots of room in the drawers for the tools and clamps. It's nice to have them right at hand.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: A Great Day - 04/27/15
you will find Ed, that in retirement, there is NEVER enough time to get all your chit done. laugh
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: A Great Day - 04/27/15
Thats a great day Ed!
Posted By: pointer Re: A Great Day - 04/27/15
Supper glad to read these kinds of posts from you. Keep on enjoying retirement.
Posted By: BrandonGleason Re: A Great Day - 04/27/15
Sounds like a great day. Shopping, playing with heavy(ish) equipment, and food/beer. You hit a majority of the essentials. Just needed to throw in some shooter (before the beer, of course).
Posted By: ingwe Re: A Great Day - 04/27/15
Relax and at least TRY to enjoy your retirement! wink
Posted By: MadMooner Re: A Great Day - 04/27/15
Good for you, Ed. Sounds like a hell of a day.

Just don't work the wife too hard. She's liable to send you back to work!
Posted By: Scott F Re: A Great Day - 04/27/15
Sounds like it was a great day Ed. Glad you are on the fun end of life.
Posted By: antlers Re: A Great Day - 04/27/15
[Linked Image]

Looks like Hillbillyz.
Posted By: EdM Re: A Great Day - 04/27/15
Yup.
© 24hourcampfire