Home
Posted By: sherp SC officers get shafted - 04/28/15
Just more federal over reach.

http://time.com/3836676/south-carolina-police-taser-prison/
Posted By: sherp Re: SC officers get shafted - 04/28/15
Yes Bart, they should have grabbed fly rods and whipped the flesh off her face with them in addition to the electric shocking they gave her.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Anybody interested in a nice old, well used, with smooth action Marlin 336 LTS? They only made them 2 years in this 16" straight stock configuration, late 80s if I recall right.

Good bit of handling marks so its ready to hunt with no worries. It includes the Williams receiver sight, and has a nice narrow front blade with bead on top. Makes for an awesome sight picture.

I pretty much never shoot the thing, but after I dug it out a few weeks ago, I keep shouldering it and working the action. Awesome feeling little blaster.

It would make one heck of an all around camp defense, home defense, hunting, plinking rifle.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: SC officers get shafted - 04/28/15
Stoked with 170 gr Partitions, full ghost and a dab of fluro red on the bead would do it all. wink
Posted By: MGunns Re: SC officers get shafted - 04/28/15
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Anybody interested in a nice old, well used, with smooth action Marlin 336 LTS? They only made them 2 years in this 16" straight stock configuration, late 80s if I recall right.

Good bit of handling marks so its ready to hunt with no worries. It includes the Williams receiver sight, and has a nice narrow front blade with bead on top. Makes for an awesome sight picture.

I pretty much never shoot the thing, but after I dug it out a few weeks ago, I keep shouldering it and working the action. Awesome feeling little blaster.

It would make one heck of an all around camp defense, home defense, hunting, plinking rifle.

That's a beauty!
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: SC officers get shafted - 04/28/15
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Shemp and NWA are starting better threads these days. keep them up, i am enjoying the pics.

ked
Originally Posted by MGunns
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That's a beauty!

Thanks.

I never use it though. I keep thinking it needs to go to someone who would use it more. I hunt in wide open terrain that is more bolt action country.

Keep going back and forth in my head on this one. One thing is for sure, the new Marlins don't even come close in regards to quality. This is one smooth lever gun. But I could use the cash to finance a couple other gun projects that keep me up at night contemplating..

Open to reasonable offers. smile
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: dawggone Re: SC officers get shafted - 04/28/15
shemp or sansouci or whatever..... buy a real life if you have a dollar to spare
Nice FJ62.. We had a blue '89 just like that. Best Baja surf mobile ever built.
Posted By: RobJordan Re: SC officers get shafted - 04/28/15
[Linked Image]

What mountain is depicted in that photo Mackey? Am I right in thinking Borah is not far away/
Originally Posted by RobJordan
[Linked Image]

What mountain is depicted in that photo Mackey? Am I right in thinking Borah is not far away/

You are correct. Borah is just in front of the nose of the FJ.
I dont recall if the peak in the background has a name, its just to the south of double springs pass.

Here is Borah, taken the same day.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Nice FJ62.. We had a blue '89 just like that. Best Baja surf mobile ever built.

They are great old 4x4s.

Its crazy what clean ones are going for now. Ive been offered 20K for this one. I just like it too much to let it go though.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: SC officers get shafted - 04/29/15
I bought one just like it in pawn shop last year. Sweet shooter...but my eyes aren't what they used to be in low light, so I gave it to my best friends son. What a great "truck" gun, or in our case utv gun.
Posted By: RWE Re: SC officers get shafted - 04/29/15
My son uses my old 336 for deer here.

He hasn't seen the need to upgrade on his own, but I would kinda like it back.....

It's only been about 8 years..
Posted By: smarquez Re: SC officers get shafted - 04/29/15
I have an ugly 336. Bleached out old stock with some pitting and fading on the metal and one of the best triggers of anything in the safe. I bought it as a project 20+ years ago.
Posted By: smarquez Re: SC officers get shafted - 04/29/15
This is way more entertaining than ignore.
© 24hourcampfire