Home
This is a most tragic situation. A friend of mine has a six month old little girl named Avery, that is now in Hospice care and not expected to live much longer. She was taken to the hospital on Christmas Day and it was diagnosed with the flu. She then developed pneumonia and died. The hospital staff did extensive CPR on her and they were able to bring her back. The CPR process broke her ribs and in checking on her ribs they found a hole and a bad valve in her heart. The flu and pneumonia subsided and she got strong enough to have two surgeries on her heart. The hospital sent her home a couple months ago along with a lot of medical training and equipment for her parents. Someone has had to be up with her 100% of the time and this has left her parents exhausted. They appealed for in-house assistance and were told that they didn't have enough debt. They actually told the parents that if one of them had a misdemeanor or some kind of criminal record it would help because it would be reasoned that their ability to support her financially is reduced. Last week little Avery got a high fever that destroyed much of her brain. All she gets now is medicine to keep her sedated, calm etc. The end is near for her and we are all left with broken hearts. Prayers would be appreciated.
Sent.
It's never easy. We're tested in many ways. Thinking about little Avery.
Prayers sent
Wow.....very tragic story. Heart breaking.
On the way. What a sad situation.
prayers sent from okla
Some tears for her too.
Prayers for Avery, and her family.
Posted By: 21 Re: Prayers for a dying little girl - 05/03/15
Prayers sent. Lord have mercy, how lucky so many others of us are.
Prayers sent
Prayers on the way, along with heartfelt sorrow and tears for Averys' parents. God Bless you Avery that you might find peace with the Angels.
will do

My god...inhave no words but will say prayers....
Prayers for little Avery and her family
Prayers for Avery and her parents. Cheers NC
Mercy....may God's grace abound for many.....
Very sad. Lots of prayers on the way.
Prayers from High Point on the way.
Prayers sent, very sad
Done.
Little Avery and her family have my prayers.
Prayers for Avery and her family
Praying for Gods will and mercy, prayers of comfort for family and friends.
praying for Avery and her family.

ked
Sent!
Praying here.
Heartfelt prayers sent from Minnesota.
Stories like this break my heart, Prayers and tears for Avery and family.
to think I sometimes find "reason" to complain, with 3 healthy kids, a healthy wife and all we need. I'm humbled by this story and my heart goes out to those folks.

prayers for lil Avery and those that love and care for her
Done, the Lord will take care of her.
Prayers for Avery and her family today.
I just got word that Miss Avery passed a little while ago. Thanks for all the prayers.
I can't even begin to imagine the pain and sorrow Avery's family is going through. May God Bless them all. More prayers on the way.
Prayers on the way.
Heartbreaking story. I said a prayer.
Lord have mercy! She will be with him now.
My deepest condolences for Avery and her family.
Prayers for the family and little Avery.
Wow, that is a really a sad story Tim. We will be thinking of Avery as well as her parents. It really hurts to see some folks get such a heavy load.
Prayers for the parents, family, and friends for comforting. Avery is with God now.
I'll say what I always say about children with fatal medical issues - the most innocent should be off limits to disease and death.

Prayers for Avery and her family.
Prayers for little Avery's family.
I will be praying for God to perform a miracle for this little girl and heal her.

Jim
Sent. So sorry to hear this. Grownups is hard enough but little one's really pull at the heart strings.
Prayers sent for Avery, God Bless her!
Prayers lifted up from here.

Ed
Words just don't say enough.....

Prayers for this young angel, but especially for her parents and family at this difficult time...

how many of us would think we'd even survive having to cross a bridge like this???

Avery, may you be loved forever young lady!
Hey gang,

I would like to thank everyone for the kind thoughts and prayers for Miss Avery and her family. This will be a tough funeral but the prayers will surely help us all.

Thanks again,

Tim
Breaks my heart.
Breaks my heart as well.... Little Avery and family in my thoughts and prayers....
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Breaks my heart.

Same here, prayers sent...
Prayers for the family...
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Hey gang,

I would like to thank everyone for the kind thoughts and prayers for Miss Avery and her family. This will be a tough funeral but the prayers will surely help us all.

Thanks again,

Tim
How about some details so that we might make memorial donations to help with expenses. PM me if you prefer.
Originally Posted by Bandukwallah
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Hey gang,

Thanks again,

Tim
How about some details so that we might make memorial donations to help with expenses. PM me if you prefer.

I will post the details on memorials/donations once the information becomes available.

Thanks!
Here is the memorial information for Avery Marie Johnson.

Ronald McDonald House of Winston-Salem, N.C.
419 South Hawthorne Rd.
Winston-Salem, N.C. 27103

Or

Because We Care Program
C/O Brenner Children's Hospital
Medical Center Blvd.
Winston-Salem, N.C. 27157

Memorials would be greatly appreciated as well as continued prayers.

Thanks!

Tim
Bump to the top in hopes of helping these folks.
Thanks for the bump, Joe!
Another Bump to the top to help these folks
Simply heartbreaking! But for the Grace of God, so all of us.

Prayers that she will soon be resting joyfully in the arms of Jesus.
Prayers for all. This is a heartbreaking thing to read I can't imagine how her family will deal with this except through a very strong faith and family and friends.

God bless all involved and little Avery.

twofish
Bump for National Day of Prayer tomorrow.
© 24hourcampfire