Home
In reference to the thread about how women are so bad and in it for themselves only(like the men ain't at times?)

Somewhere somehow I came in possesion of an Academy gift card for 100 bucks. I don't even recall, likely a raffle ticket from the office.

Wife shops there for jeans. Its 30 minutes to the closest one. So i gave her the card, couldn't think of anything I needed and ammo is not nearly reasonable, and I haven't shot a factory load other than shotgun/rimfire in so long I can't recall....

So she went today. Calls me back while I'm shredding(she went early as I wouldn't let her mow the grass until it dries out some) and says, do I need a mojo woody or teal decoy on clearance? She had shopped for her clothes and then always heads through the other side to see if anything is on sale and checks with me on things she knows I buy( been guilty of finding pintail dekes on sale once in January and buying every box they had, so many we had to take em out of the boxes and just stuff the dekes in one by one into the explorer back seat and cargo area and barely got em in...)

I often do the same, find something that I know she uses, and give her a call.

Some might think it even better to buy it and surprise me, but we are WAY beyond that, knowing its best to call and ask, to make sure its something we want/need.

Many years ago when they were going to ban 50 bmg... we looked at one at Camp PErry, and I said nothing, just looked, and she says, maybe we should buy one before they ban em...

I think she knows I feel the same since I choked back everythign I had at one time, and bought an expensive damn cowgirls winter jacket for her. I can't stand sports much and I HATE the cowboys with a passion on top of it... but thats what she loved at the time. Funny her watching football and me not wanting anything to do with time wasted on that crap.

Thats why you are picky, find one thats like your best friend and hang on for life.
Agreed, Jeff.

I'm glad you both have that.

Many don't, and are missing out.
Still floating?

I shredded a parking area this morning for the neighbors big bull bash next Sunday. Problem is we still have standing water too... and will have to have gravel just to get into the area I shredded.

If it stays dry all week, we'll have a shot at it. If not, I have no clue what he is going to do... its a big thing here annually and a great fundraiser for Ronald McDonald house.... would be a shame to not have it.
It appears some que ers do just that.
I spent a long time looking for the right one. Cant imagine my life now without her. She will see me looking at a gun, and tell me to buy it since they may be harder to buy in the future. If she sees me ordering reloading stuff online, she tells me to buy more than I think I need, since it wont go bad and I will use it anyways.
tis indeed a wonderful thing

and blessed are those of us that find ourselves in a like situation

congrats Jeff! I'd renew her contract for another year amigo (grin)
Originally Posted by eyeball

Thats a [bleep] up post.
I knew I had the right one 37 years ago when instead of a ring, she gave me a GRRW Henry Leman Trade Rifle! Still have it! Naturally!

This past Winter she gave me her 1895 Winchester in .30 US Army!!!

Even tho she stumbles a bit these days, I think she's still a keeper!!!!
Jeff and all

I hear what you're saying and even though we've had some rough patches, it was her while we were sitting at the NRA banquet that said, " you should bid on that African Safari"!

Of course that's an extreme example; like you, there are those little, daily things that let new know I'm a lucky guy!
Originally Posted by rost495
Still floating?

I shredded a parking area this morning for the neighbors big bull bash next Sunday. Problem is we still have standing water too... and will have to have gravel just to get into the area I shredded.

If it stays dry all week, we'll have a shot at it. If not, I have no clue what he is going to do... its a big thing here annually and a great fundraiser for Ronald McDonald house.... would be a shame to not have it.

Still pretty wet. I won't try any shredding for a week or more.. wink
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I think she's still a keeper!!!!

That she is! smile

Thats why you are picky, find one thats like your best friend and hang on for life.

That is exactly the plan smile

Thats a [bleep] up post.

Sorry Jeff, but i know guys who have done that several times. Its a little more difficult than that. As has been said, Satan was once an Angel.

I have known of guys who were considered good catches who women treated like kings until they got their kids and things.

By Gods grace i have arrow heart shot a running bull elk and running bear in timber, but i recognize it as Providence and not something i can tell others is simple to do.

I know guys who years ago lost their kids to philandering women addicted to cocaine, etc.

Im not saying every guy was perfect or didnt make mistakes, but they loved and cherisished their wife and kids and provided for them. Of course, i have known of philandering worthless men too.

Far too many people will not forgive and cherish their spouse for previous mistakes or errors or aggrivations whether they be real or imagined.
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Jeff and all

I hear what you're saying and even though we've had some rough patches, it was her while we were sitting at the NRA banquet that said, " you should bid on that African Safari"!

Of course that's an extreme example; like you, there are those little, daily things that let new know I'm a lucky guy!

Just trying to get rid of you for a spell no matter the costs.....grins.
OT, but what does this mean? confused
I shredded a parking area...
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

That is exactly the plan smile

Yep and don't forget to give her those periodic "service awards".
I wish my wife would love NFL football. I'd even let her be a Cowboys fan
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Jeff and all

Just trying to get rid of you for a spell no matter the costs.....grins.

Which was completely OK with me. Everything was still standing when I got back 12 days later!
Originally Posted by KFWA
I wish my wife would love NFL football. I'd even let her be a Cowboys fan

Doesn't help me any sicne I hate it.. LOL

I accept the tennis channel. Thats about all I can manage.

Thats a [bleep] up post.

Sorry Jeff, but i know guys who have done that several times. Its a little more difficult than that. As has been said, Satan was once an Angel.

I have known of guys who were considered good catches who women treated like kings until they got their kids and things.

By Gods grace i have arrow heart shot a running bull elk and running bear in timber, but i recognize it as Providence and not something i can tell others is simple to do.

I know guys who years ago lost their kids to philandering women addicted to cocaine, etc.

Im not saying every guy was perfect or didnt make mistakes, but they loved and cherisished their wife and kids and provided for them. Of course, i have known of philandering worthless men too.

Far too many people will not forgive and cherish their spouse for previous mistakes or errors or aggrivations whether they be real or imagined.

I know these things happen.

But in almost every case I've seen, the choices were not nearly as well thought out as they should have been, the folks were not Christian, and the values they held were not quite what I would expect.

But yes it happens. My father made a stupid mistake, but he said it was... let his little head do all the thinking and it was dumb.

Maybe its one reason I took longer to ride it through ups and downs and see how each of us would handle it.

Probably should have known, early in our relationship when we'd bought GOOD tickets to the at the time newer group Alabama concert. Really good ones. couples friends were going etc.... and then I was offered a bowhunt... I don't think I was out of high school yet, fairly sure I wasn't....

She said, no problem, we'll do it some other time, and she took one of her sisters in my place IIRC.

Several years ago my wife and I drove over to the CMP South Store to look for an M-1. I was looking over some Springfield Garands and was having a hard time deciding between two nice ones. She finally asked, "well why don't you just get both of them?" She didn't have to ask twice.

Something similar happened another time when CMP had a really good selection of M-1 Carbines except I think it was three of them. She said, "they won't be here forever!"

Turnabout's fair play so I humor when she wants to buy something.

smile smile
This one saved me 25 years ago! And treats me like a King!

[Linked Image]RMAngie by Rick Mulhern, on Flickr

The first one I married acted like my best friend.

The second one I married,..I didn't give it much thought. She was friendly enough,....but what made me buy her a ring was that she liked ta holler!

When ya get right down to it,...'hit don't matter what she think about ya as long as you can make her holler.

If they holler and carry on,..buy 'em a ring.

If they just squint their eyes up and pooch they lips out,..leave 'em fer the next guy.

The ones that holler are the honest ones.

The squint & poochers are holdin' somethin' back.
,...and I know,...I *know*,..

There's lotsa guys out there readin' this and thinkin',..."My old lady just squints and pooches,...I thought that was all she had inner".

Nah,.....she got more,...she's just too proud to show it to *you*.

Because,...in her mind,.....you ain't *worth* it.

Yeah,....that's right,.....that's right.
Now we're getting to the good stuff. I swear, you should write a book Bristoe, top notch entertainment and advice all in one place!
Thank God I got a great friend too. Mine's a keeper for sure!
You pays yer money and you takes yer chances.

A few, like Ol' Yeller, WERE your best friend, then they go totally rabid.

Now obviously there's some clues going in, in hindsight anyway, as to how she might act ten, twenty years down the line. But seems like lots of guys get totally blindsided.

I figure just plain ol' luck has a lot to do with it.

Birdwatcher
I accept the tennis channel. Thats about all I can manage.

I didn't know you were gay until now! wink
rost495, you wrote some very good stuff. So good that I have been reminded of many, many great things about my best friend of 56 years. I am grateful beyond explanation, and recall can be so gratifying. Sharpsman's picture has caused me to want to go a bit photo happy. So, I will - please pardon if I overdo it.

Engagement Day 1960
[Linked Image]

Wedding Day
[Linked Image]

Helping me install a crankshaft in our Chevy 6 block
[Linked Image]

With our firstborn
[Linked Image]

With our four in 1969
[Linked Image]

When the kids were in HS and beyond
[Linked Image]

50th Anniversary Day
[img]http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h366/profinsad/Family/60andcroppedCopyofMandP006.jpg[/img]
Dude! you guys could have been in a RayBan ad! Classic photo, hope you've got it framed at the house!

Sycamore

Engagement Day 1960
[Linked Image]

Great pics.

And if you get married for the sex like Bristoe, if you get a lifelonger, it was pure luck. LOL.
Great pics Paul!!!!
Great pics.

And if you get married for the sex like Bristoe, if you get a lifelonger, it was pure luck. LOL.

It wasn't for sex. It's because she was genuine.
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Dude! you guys could have been in a RayBan ad! Classic photo, hope you've got it framed at the house!

Sycamore

Engagement Day 1960
[Linked Image]

In his day, CCCC could of played James Bond.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Great pics.

And you learned that in the sack because she was a screamer?
Great pics.

And you learned that in the sack because she was a screamer?

Rost,

I think what B means by "screamer" is a woman who is honest and yells at you when she feels it is necessary instead of bottling it up inside with a smile.

ymmv
Its very possible that I didn't interpret his posts correctly.

You may be right.

I simply don't think that has anything to do with being in the bed and screaming or not...
Yeah, whatever.

In any event, I got it right on the second try,...been happily married for 18 years.

It took me 20 years with the first one to learn what I know.
nice explanation, so it is if they scream in bed, they are good, if not, don't marry em?
We STILL don't know what it means to "shred a parking lot" confused
I think he meant mow a big field
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
I spent a long time looking for the right one. Cant imagine my life now without her. She will see me looking at a gun, and tell me to buy it since they may be harder to buy in the future. If she sees me ordering reloading stuff online, she tells me to buy more than I think I need, since it wont go bad and I will use it anyways.

I get that too, "why do you only buy 1 at a time?" Never batted an eye bringing home new dirt bikes. The worst I ever got was "that green is ugly". I was admiring a bike a friend of mine has for sale and she actually scolded me for not getting it. Out of room in my safe for any new guns but she wouldn't bat an eye.
Hates the way I clean fish so she does it. Can gut, skin and butcher her own deer too.
So when she told me she wanted to start horse riding lessons at $400 month I just had to grin and bear it.

The second one I married,..I didn't give it much thought. She was friendly enough,....but what made me buy her a ring was that she liked ta holler!

When ya get right down to it,...'hit don't matter what she think about ya as long as you can make her holler.

If they just squint their eyes up and pooch they lips out,..leave 'em fer the next guy.

You are a freakin' loon Bristoe but keep 'em coming.
Originally Posted by jnyork

I missed that question...

Big bull ride across the road. The only place to park is in the pasture. Theirs is standing water, mine is not quite so bad, and we have a gate at the road right across from the rodeo pens.. my weeds/grass with the cows just moved off this pasture was about 24 inches deep, so I shredded a big area down really low to help getting sun/wind to the wet dirt in hopes to dry it before next Sunday...
I called it. Apparently what the rest of the world calls mowing is "shredding" in Texas. I always thought you could only shred taters and guitars.
Thats cause it is done with a shredder on a tractor, not with a lawnmower. LOL.

Probably one of the rare places too that would park folks in a pasture...

This is my tractor and shredder.

[Linked Image]

If an event is held at rural location, they shred the area they want people to park in so that it is clean, and mowed and looks nice. Not to mention increased ability to see those rattlebugs.
It took me 3 tries, but I found one like you describe. When she does some little favor for me (like finding something I can't see when it's right in front of me grin), she jokingly asks " What would you do without me?" My reply invariably is " I don't know, and I don't want to find out!"
And we cut the hayfields.. LOL. Nice rig rockinbbar!
Originally Posted by smarquez

You are a freakin' loon Bristoe but keep 'em coming.

awwww,...I think I'll let it rest.

The men in here who haven't ever made a woman holler seem to get all bent outta shape when ya bring it up.

They got enough trouble without me gettin' into it.

They want a "best friend".

Best friends come from the dog pound.

Hollerin' women require a bit more effort.
Then again, my interpretation could have been WAY off base...
I didn't realize it but we do a lot of 'shredding' here as well.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

This is my tractor and shredder.

[Linked Image]

If an event is held at rural location, they shred the area they want people to park in so that it is clean, and mowed and looks nice. Not to mention increased ability to see those rattlebugs.

Not to mention not setting the field on fire with their catalytic converters! grin

Sycamore
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Agreed, Jeff.

I'm glad you both have that.

Many don't, and are missing out.

+1 !
rost495- I enjoyed your positive post. Thanks for putting it out there. It is inspiring to see two people fortunate enough to get it- and know they got it!
Thanks for a great post, Jeff! Some people will never figure it out, because they are too busy thinking about #1. ..and I've seen it with both men AND women.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
You pays yer money and you takes yer chances.

A few, like Ol' Yeller, WERE your best friend, then they go totally rabid.

Now obviously there's some clues going in, in hindsight anyway, as to how she might act ten, twenty years down the line. But seems like lots of guys get totally blindsided.

I figure just plain ol' luck has a lot to do with it.

Birdwatcher

that describes my marriage, first 9 years were wonderful, last three hell...all due to her being put on a medication that rewired her head and phugged not only her relationship with me but the one with her daughters........oh well...im looking again....
Shreddin???

Bush hoggin or mow'n will suffice.

Cheddar and sensitive documents are only thing I shred. Ain't nobody talkin bout shreddin no grass unless they gonna smoke it.
A line from Bob Seger's "Night Moves" comes to mind:

"She used me and I used her but neither one cared,,,,we were gettin our share. Workin on a night moves".

When a man realizes that he is simply a means to an end, especially where kids are involved, he'll have a lot more harmonious outcome. This is how the species survives.

Biblical men who listened to their women and what schitt followed:

Adam/Eve, Abraham/Sarah/Hagar/Muslim religion, Herod/Salome (his head or you ain't getting any head), King David (building idols for some of his many wives to worship), Solomon (750 wives), Ananias.

Women who didn't listen their man - Lot's wife, Gomer, etc., etc.

Bottom line - listen to your gut not your main squeeze or love slave.

That's all.
© 24hourcampfire