Home
Posted By: deflave Weekends - 05/22/15
We are rapidly approaching THE weekend for kicking off camping season. We have already head to the mountains twice this spring but have been hit with some pretty terrible weather both times.

Taking the whole family this weekend and meeting up at a different cabin with mtcurman and downstream Saturday night.

These are from last weekend. If you've never stayed in a Forest Service Cabin, you owe it to yourself to check them out. Some are better than others but this one is probably our favorite thus far. Only downside is it cost $20 a night.

[Linked Image]

Entertainment:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: deflave Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
UBER glassing weather:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
Good deal. Around here those cabins get booked so quickly it's damn near impossible to get one.
More entertainment. This turned out to be a rabbit. Wish my son explained that before I cut up my bear tag.

[Linked Image]

I think these are some of those wild mustangs I'm always reading about. I don't know much about horses to be honest.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
Did you shoot the bear in the ass? Man, I envy you guys that live up there!
About the best possible thing to have when you need to recharge mid-day.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: DocRocket Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
Originally Posted by deflave
More entertainment. This turned out to be a rabbit. Wish my son explained that before I cut up my bear tag.

[Linked Image]

grin

Looks like a fun Mountain West springtime weekend. I've done many such spring weekends in similar weather, although usually not in such plush accommodations as a Forest Service cabin. Pussy.
And of course the best thing after walking and soaking all day. Camp Grub:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Shrap's favorite:

[Linked Image]

Proper table setting:
[Linked Image]

No electricity but they have these in each room of that particular cabin. Pretty slick.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by DocRocket

I've done many such spring weekends in similar weather, although usually not in such plush accommodations as a Forest Service cabin. Pussy.

I'm shocked to hear I'm more smarter than a Texan-cheesehead...

Dave
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Nothin' but net.

Don't feel bad. Everybody I meet envies me.

Travis
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
Travis;
Thanks for the photos - I was hoping these would show up and wasn't disappointed. cool

Congratulations on the bear - I've seen two about that size so far this year, one black and one that looked like a red setter.... I actually thought it was a red setter at first....

The horses are wild donkeys maybe Travis - I don't know much about horses either but have bought a tag...

Looking forward to more photos sir, thanks again and all the best to you and your fine family.

Dwayne
Posted By: EdM Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
Looks great. I am heading north 11 June for a couple of months.
Posted By: donsm70 Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
Looks like a lot of fun.

Personally, I plan to spend most of the weekend doing YARD WORK!

Yikes crazy

donsm70
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Good deal. Around here those cabins get booked so quickly it's damn near impossible to get one.

I would imagine having one season keeps them booked pretty solid.

Just one week prior to my being at this one you could not even access it. Plus it's about 50 miles one-way to the nearest gas pump. Keeps things more available more often. grin .

Travis

I've done many such spring weekends in similar weather, although usually not in such plush accommodations as a Forest Service cabin. Pussy.

I'm shocked to hear I'm more smarter than a Texan-cheesehead Texan/ex-Canuck/ex-Cheeshead...

Dave

Fixed it for ya. Pussy.

GFY

Oh, and have a great w/e this one coming up. Hope you get to ass-shoot some more bears bunnies.
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Travis;
Thanks for the photos - I was hoping these would show up and wasn't disappointed. cool

Congratulations on the bear - I've seen two about that size so far this year, one black and one that looked like a red setter.... I actually thought it was a red setter at first....

The horses are wild donkeys maybe Travis - I don't know much about horses either but have bought a tag...

Looking forward to more photos sir, thanks again and all the best to you and your fine family.

Dwayne

Dwayne Man!

This weekend will be more casual than the last two. Which for me, is pretty GD casual...

I'm letting my wife and baby come along this weekend as well. Memorial Day weekend is always fun for us.

Still got tags. Hopefully a bear walks through camp.

Travis
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Travis;

Dwayne

grin

Youse guys that live in the mountains have way too much fun...

Fixed it for ya. Pussy.

GFY

Oh, and have a great w/e this one coming up. Hope you get to ass-shoot some more bears bunnies.

Oh yeah. I forgot you weren't even a real person. How did you learn english by the way?

Here is from three weeks back if it makes you feel any better.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I bought a Tundra last December and since doing so I have discovered this is THE way to go.

It's like pulling nothing. Provides more space to drag more schit. And is a helluva lot warmer than an ATV.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Nothin' but net.

Don't feel bad. Everybody I meet envies me.

Travis

you must have been a fighter pilot in a previous life...
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
Travis;
Thanks for the reply sir and I hope a bear walks through your camp too - wait, maybe I don't - not sure.....

We keep a wrist rocket c/w ball bearings by the doors of our place for walk through ursine visitors. The escalation of force is ball bearings and yelling, then bear spray if deemed safe or a Mossberg spewing Canuck loaded Gualandi slugs if the situation calls for it.

Thus far all the yard wanderers have responded to ball bearings and foul language in an acceptable fashion.

Anyway I didn't mention how uber cool the cabin looks and such a deal too. Much better way to dry out than in a tent - of that I'm sure and certain.

Dwayne
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
Wait... weren't you in Boise last weekend?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ingwe Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
I think these are some of those wild mustangs I'm always reading about. I don't know much about horses to be honest.

[Linked Image]

Those aren't wild mustangs you knob.

Ive heard all a guy needs for them is a .22-250....but he needs both the ammo AND the rifle.

Mixing and matching may work for those bears, but elk are a different kettle of fish.

Or so Ive heard...never shot one myself...my .223AI doesn't have enough oomph....
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
Spam, huh? The other Pink Meat.

You must be a closet Hawaiian.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
I just want to know where you got the .22 ammo.
Originally Posted by 280shooter

[Linked Image]

Classy paint and I love the name of the street. But I could never drive a Dodge.

Travis
Originally Posted by ingwe

Ive heard all a guy needs for them is a .22-250....but he needs both the ammo AND the rifle.

Mixing and matching may work for those bears, but elk are a different kettle of fish.

Or so Ive heard...never shot one myself...my .223AI doesn't have enough oomph....

Shouldn't an Irishman still be asleep this early in the day??

Dave
Originally Posted by Pappy348

They like spam in Hawaii?

Clark
Originally Posted by cra1948
I just want to know where you got the .22 ammo.

Whenever shrap goes to use the head, I steal schit out of his shop.

Please don't tell him though.

Dave
Originally Posted by EdM

I got you a retirement gift.

Dave

Shouldn't an Irishman still be asleep this early in the day??

Dave

I do have a wee bit of a hangover.....
Originally Posted by EdM

Dave

You never got me a retirement gift.....

You have crushed my spirit....

Fixed it for ya. Pussy.

GFY

Oh yeah. I forgot you weren't even a real person. How did you learn english by the way?

Here is from three weeks back if it makes you feel any better.
[Linked Image]

Yeah, you BETTER remember I'm not a real person. I forget who made me up, but whoever he was, he was a fuggin genius.

Nice wall-tent. Your friend give you that picture, or what?
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
I bought a Tundra last December and since doing so I have discovered this is THE way to go.

It's like pulling nothing. Provides more space to drag more schit. And is a helluva lot warmer than an ATV.

[Linked Image]

I just got back from a little fishing/camping trip myself.
Only thing biting were Pike.

And I was rigged for pan fish.
My life's story. frown

[Linked Image]

PS,,,,, that's my new girl friend riding shotgun.
She's a real looker,,, huh?
Okay, I gotta go to work. Workin' all fuggin' weekend, too. You playboys have fun in the woods...
frown

You have crushed my spirit....

You never stop in Havre to say hello.

Ed would never do that.

Dave
Okay, I gotta go to work. Workin' all fuggin' weekend, too. You playboys have fun in the woods...
frown

Hahahaha!

Have fun loser!

I gotta log off and supervise my son load all my beer into the truck.

Clark
That Toyota of yours is UBER, FG.

I found a perfect Tacoma and was going to do some wheeling and dealing earlier in the month. But a ton of BS happened and I couldn't go down and do the dealing I wanted to do.

Fuggin' sucks.

Dave
Posted By: mtcurman Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
This is gonna be an UBER weekend.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Weekends - 05/22/15

[Linked Image]

The wild mustangs look different around here because they descended from the camels originally brought over by the Vikings. We had some drop by to say howdy a couple of weeks ago.

Cheyenne,

It is marked private.

Dave
If you guys have not already done so. You really need to buy a suppressor for your 22LR's.

Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
That's cause it's a secret. No, actually, it's because I don't use YouTube much. I tried to fix it.
Cheyenne,

That's a beauty for sure. Thanks.

Dave
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
This is my third Toyota.

I love that little truck.
Posted By: Paradiddle Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
If you guys have not already done so. You really need to buy a suppressor for your 22LR's.

Love it. Working the action is noisier than the shot. Have a great time - looks way too fun.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
Great pics and cabins. The growler and I spent last weekend in W. Yellowstone. Montana doesn't suck though there are a lot of trees. It is neat to expect to see critters at any time. Thanks for the pics.

Forest Service cabins are cooler than motels.

mike r

Posted By: mtcurman Re: Weekends - 05/22/15

That thing is wicked.....
Oh hell yeah. And not being from here makes it a real treat. Love it out there.

The boy is still working on his pistol work. Gonna have to stop this single action nonsense pretty soon though.

Posted By: lvmiker Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
Looks like he has the fundamentals wired, he will now be able to learn to shoot anything well. Making the hard stuff fun is the essence of good teaching.

Shooting off the front porch may be Nirvana.

mike r
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Weekends - 05/22/15

I couldn't bring myself to shoot from indoors thru the open doorway with a supressed rifle. Makes my spine tingle thinking about someone walking around the corner and taking a slug in the guts.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I couldn't bring myself to shoot from indoors thru the open doorway with a supressed rifle. Makes my spine tingle thinking about someone walking around the corner and taking a slug in the guts.

There was a very high risk of that but I don't care.

Thanks for sharing.

Dave
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Looks like he has the fundamentals wired, he will now be able to learn to shoot anything well. Making the hard stuff fun is the essence of good teaching.

Shooting off the front porch may be Nirvana.

mike r

When he has double action down, and can steal without getting caught, he will have graduated the Academy O' 'Flave.

Clark
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
Looks like fun Travis! The little man is becoming a pretty good shot! Good Job Daddy-O!

They like spam in Hawaii?

Clark

I saw a segment about it on CBS This Morning, I think. They're nuts about it and have all these fancy recipes. It's a holdover from WWII, when there was a lot of it around. They regard Spam like Southerners do country ham.

For my part, when I was about 12, I went to an amusement park and rode the Tilt-a-Whirl right after eating a big Spam salad sandwich. Bad move; never got over it. Similar to what happened to me with my first dose of Scotch.

Thanks for sharing.
Dave

I don't expect you to take it seriously, but it is a risk worth considering. The shooter has a narrow focus and limited visibility, ingredients for an accident to occur.

I saw a segment about it on CBS This Morning, I think. They're nuts about it and have all these fancy recipes. It's a holdover from WWII, when there was a lot of it around. They regard Spam like Southerners do country ham.

For my part, when I was about 12, I went to an amusement park and rode the Tilt-a-Whirl right after eating a big Spam salad sandwich. Bad move; never got over it. Similar to what happened to me with my first dose of Scotch.

I like it because Annie Wilkes put it in her meatloaf.

(not a metaphor)

Clark
Posted By: Bobcape Re: Weekends - 05/22/15

Thanks for sharing.
Dave

I don't expect you to take it seriously, but it is a risk worth considering. The shooter has a narrow focus and limited visibility, ingredients for an accident to occur.

I'm not sure how you know that the shooter had a narrow focus and limited visibility since you are only able to see what the camera (with a VERY narrow focus) recorded from behind the shooter. I agree that safety is a primary concern that I'm confident Travis considered.

Bob

Yes. It is possible that somebody could have gone full ninja and trekked on foot for miles and approached our cabin without making a sound or announcing their presence. It is also feasible they would LEAP in front of the open doorway at the exact moment we were firing a shot and end their life.

They also could have driven down the road leading to the cabin. Of course, they would have to smash their vehicle through a locked gate (without us hearing them) to do so. They would also require the Batmobile and it would have to be engaged in stealth-mode as they made the approach leading up to the cabin. And of course punch the gas at the exact moment we blindly fired the next shot.

Another risk worth considering is a tree could have fell over and killed us both while sitting inside the cabin.

I think I'll rethink going to the woods this weekend.

Thanks again.

Travis
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Weekends - 05/22/15

Tell me again, which suppressors are you high on these days?

I looked into them before and got sidetracked. I have some time now and would like to get one for rimfires and one that will work on 204 and 223s to make hunting with the kids a little more fun.
You do whatever you want. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it. I also don't rock climb or have sex with hookers. YMMV.

I like it because Annie Wilkes put it in her meatloaf.

(not a metaphor)

Clark

That seems redundant.
Posted By: BLG Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
You do whatever you want. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it. I also don't rock climb or have sex with female hookers. YMMV.

Fixed! wink

Clyde
You do whatever you want. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it. I also don't rock climb or have sex with hookers. YMMV.

Thanks again for sharing.

Dave
I also don't rock climb or have sex with hookers.

That seems redundant as well...
Don't forget the ever-present danger of a Spam can cut, the third-leading accidental cause of death in the Aloha State.
Originally Posted by Tarkio

Tell me again, which suppressors are you high on these days?

I looked into them before and got sidetracked. I have some time now and would like to get one for rimfires and one that will work on 204 and 223s to make hunting with the kids a little more fun.

Just get anything SilencerCo.

I'm probably going to buy the Warlock II next.

Travis
Travis, you have a special gift. I just offered you some simple objective advice, that's all. I wouldn't teach a boy to shoot out a door like that. You are free to disagree. I think it's a bad idea. So sue me.

And please, don't don't feel sorry for me and hold back, knock yourself out funny boy.
Posted By: Paradiddle Re: Weekends - 05/22/15

Hi - I wasn't there, have no idea of the environment or your safety rules, but I'm going to keyboard cowboy from a video that I saw on the interweb......
Don't forget the ever-present danger of a Spam can cut, the third-leading accidental cause of death in the Aloha State.

Or eating a sandwich and almost choking to death.

Life's full of hair raising circumstances.

Travis
Travis, you have a special gift. I just offered you some simple objective advice, that's all. I wouldn't teach a boy to shoot out a door like that. You are free to disagree. I think it's a bad idea. So sue me.

And please, don't don't feel sorry for me and hold back, knock yourself out funny boy.

If you wouldn't teach it to my son I'd say I'm on the right track.

Thanks again.

Dave
Posted By: wageslave Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
The Walleye closed last weekend......
I was bummed.
Makes sense now.
Originally Posted by EdM

Dave

Dare I ask?
Posted By: ironbender Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by EdM

Dave

Dare I ask?

With great trepidation....
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
NO SEX WITH HOOKERS? WTF

Travis

Mama Cass Syndrome, the silent killer.

How about rock climbing with hookers?
Posted By: BGunn Re: Weekends - 05/22/15

Travis

Another urban legend......

https://www.themedicalbag.com/story/mama-cass-elliot
Posted By: BGunn Re: Weekends - 05/22/15

[Linked Image]

That's why you should never argue with a Dodge owner, Their already mad.....
Posted By: 338Rem Re: Weekends - 05/22/15

WTF color is the sky in your world? GFY
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by EdM

Dave

Dare I ask?

With great trepidation....

Maybe not though my 38-40 / 10 mm convertible I plan to unload ....
Posted By: FishinHank Re: Weekends - 05/22/15
One of my favorite movies is on, sweet!

Have a good weekend, I will be feeding fish all weekend. And monday.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Weekends - 05/23/15
Originally Posted by BGunn

Travis

Another urban legend......

https://www.themedicalbag.com/story/mama-cass-elliot

Thanks for clearing that up.

At long last I can go on with my life.
Posted By: mule1 Re: Weekends - 05/23/15

[Linked Image]

I purchased a 2012 crewmax a few months ago the thing is a beast for sure . Pulls may boat much better than my 08 chitty . First week I had it I thought I was gonna get whip lash ever time I started to take off in the thing. Smoothest shifting truck I have ever road in .
Posted By: mathman Re: Weekends - 05/23/15

[Linked Image]

Seeing the package labels I can smell the stink through space, time, and the internet.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Weekends - 05/23/15
Originally Posted by mathman

[Linked Image]

Seeing the package labels I can smell the stink through space, time, and the internet.

sick sick
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Weekends - 05/23/15

[Linked Image]

Shrappy taught you well... whistle
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Weekends - 05/23/15

[Linked Image]

Classy paint and I love the name of the street. But I could never drive a Dodge.

Travis

[Linked Image]
Fixt
Posted By: deflave Re: Weekends - 05/24/15
Originally Posted by EdM

Maybe not though my 38-40 / 10 mm convertible I plan to unload ....

It will be waiting for you in Ideewhoe.

Dave
Originally Posted by mathman

[Linked Image]

Tuna casserole is UBER.

Dave
Non-Stop fugging rain again this weekend. We popped smoke around noon today. Downstream and company took the long way home in hopes of punching a tag.

Travis
Cabin was ok, but I'd not rent it again. A bit lame as far as FS cabins are concerned.

[Linked Image]

Downstream and company were endangering lots of folks but we got through the past couple days without killing anybody:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hopefully Fireball doesn't call the poleece on me for this one:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
There was a portion of this crossing that caused the front end to drop a bit more than expected. Sorry for the language.

Posted By: SamOlson Re: Weekends - 05/24/15
You fuucker and your weekends.......

I did some really cool stuff too, way more fun than anything you poor bastids did......
Originally Posted by SamOlson
You fuucker and your weekends.......

I did some really cool stuff too, way more fun than anything you poor bastids did......

My weekend was not nearly as fun as I'd hoped. I'm all for rain as long as it doesn't interfere with what I'm doing at that exact moment in time.

Know what I'm sayin'?

Scotty P.
A rainy day dicking off is better than a sunny day at work.

old Indian proverb

Yesterday

[Linked Image]

About 2 hours ago

[Linked Image]

Please contain your jealously.....
I save all the boring stuff for mid-summer.

Clark
Well at least the current didn't capsize the Tacoma.

Windy as chit here the last 2 days. I really feel sorry for my buddies out bouncing around on the lake....
Posted By: CCCC Re: Weekends - 05/24/15
Nice posts, nice pics. Good stuff. Thanks.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Weekends - 05/24/15
A rainy day dicking off is better than a sunny day at work.

old Indian proverb

Yesterday

[Linked Image]

About 2 hours ago

[Linked Image]

Please contain your jealously.....

No wetbacks in WP you could shanghai?
No, and if you ask a local they either wanna go fishing or trap minnows.

And I hate to admit it Flave but the new pickup looks uber.

No Power Wagon though....

Well at least the current didn't capsize the Tacoma.

Windy as chit here the last 2 days. I really feel sorry for my buddies out bouncing around on the lake....

Bro!

That Boyota is pre-Tacoma. Kinda like a pre-29. But different.

Wind sucks almost as much as working. But not as much as trolling for fishes.

Dave
Originally Posted by CCCC
Nice posts, nice pics. Good stuff. Thanks.

Thanks.

Got home and grilled some rib-eyes. Then I got schit faced and made the family watch Das Boot.

UBER.

Clark

No Power Wagon though....

Pretty tough to trump a Dodge.

Clarke
Well hey, at least it's beer thirty.

(always wanted to say that)

(not really)

My dad did get the corn patch planted this weekend.

[Linked Image]

Gonna roll a straw bale on the backyard tomorrow.

Posted By: mtcurman Re: Weekends - 05/25/15
While obviously it wasn't quite as much fun as Sam's weekend, I did had a very good time hanging out with the 'Flaves this weekend..... smile

Forest Service cabins are the way to go.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ben
Posted By: deflave Re: Weekends - 05/25/15
Well hey, at least it's beer thirty.

It's always beer thirty on the Hi-Line!

UbE!

Dave
It was funny to watch people approach this crossing on their $25K Razor. Get out. Look. Watch. Talk. Wait. Look some more. Than rev them up to about 8K and cross. Then hoot and hollar and be happy.

We took the Boyota across just to let them know all they really need is $1,500.00 and some Budweiser.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Weekends - 05/25/15
Do all of them Toyos come equipped with a tongue? whistle
Posted By: mtcurman Re: Weekends - 05/25/15
It was funny to watch people approach this crossing on their $25K Razor. Get out. Look. Watch. Talk. Wait. Look some more. Than rev them up to about 8K and cross. Then hoot and hollar and be happy.

We took the Boyota across just to let them know all they really need is $1,500.00 and some Budweiser.

That was priceless. laugh
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

Only the UBER-edition.

Travis
Originally Posted by mule1

I purchased a 2012 crewmax a few months ago the thing is a beast for sure . Pulls may boat much better than my 08 chitty . First week I had it I thought I was gonna get whip lash ever time I started to take off in the thing. Smoothest shifting truck I have ever road in .

It is a ridiculously powerful motor.

I wish they'd put a 35 gallon tank on them though.

Travis
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: Weekends - 05/25/15
Good show..
Sorry I should have said Awesome and it was..
WCH,

Had to return to the sanctuary that is the Hi-Line to find some decent weather.

Oldest female turns 8 this week so she has an upgrade coming. It's all zeroed and ready to slay schit. Red dots and semi-autos are far more effective in the gopher fields. She should be happy and she has certainly earned the graduation:

[Linked Image]

Hole. Lee. Fuggin'. Awesome:

[Linked Image]

Gotta stick with the service issue stuff on Memorial Day:

[Linked Image]

Clark
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: Weekends - 05/25/15
Flave,

Good to see some one shoot'n the "Silent Killer" as it was known in the day.

W. Bill
Nothin' silent about that AR!

Dave
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Weekends - 05/25/15
Why would you want to kill Silent? He's so peaceful.
Poor Jorge is gonna cry into his coconut if he watches the first 10 seconds of this video:

Posted By: SamOlson Re: Weekends - 05/25/15
I'm praying you haven't corrupted Ben.

Ben, don't let Flave corrupt you with stories of loose women and booze.

Cheers(to all) from the Hi-Line.

[Linked Image]

(my neighbor needs to paint his garage..)

Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Weekends - 05/25/15
Looks like you could power wash it for him.
I actually did, that's why it looks like chit.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Weekends - 05/25/15

[Linked Image]

It can't be just me seeing this,,,,

Sam, have the Doc check your bladder.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Weekends - 05/25/15
Sod? That chit is cheating.
Kenneth, good idea.

Rancho, c'mon man, a farmer laying sod? I am way too broke to afford that stuff.

5 loads of manure(8-10 tons), 50lbs of seed and half a round bale of straw.

Slave labor.

[Linked Image]

Not nearly as impressive as the Boyota river crossings but it's beer time again. And move the sprinklers(again).

Uber soak down in progressive. Bought my neighbor a 30 pack and he let me hook up a hose from his house. Big time irrigating.
Travis, excellent gift for your daughter.. Uber taste!!

Sam looks like you are having a fine weekend.. Great photo..
Is that a Weber Gensis?

If so, your "poe-white-trash" card just lapsed and ain't renewable.

Clark the Rich
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Weekends - 05/25/15
Kenneth, good idea.

Rancho, c'mon man, a farmer laying sod? I am way too broke to afford that stuff.

5 loads of manure(8-10 tons), 50lbs of seed and half a round bale of straw.

Slave labor.

[Linked Image]

Not nearly as impressive as the Boyota river crossings but it's beer time again. And move the sprinklers(again).

Uber soak down in progressive. Bought my neighbor a 30 pack and he let me hook up a hose from his house. Big time irrigating.

The birds are going to have a hay day!
Lawn+respectable shotgun+deer gun worth more than $500+Weber Genesis = not poor.

Dave
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Why would you want to kill Silent? He's so peaceful.

STFU you poor old dirt farmer.

This is a conversation for the wealthy.

Clark
Posted By: keystoneben Re: Weekends - 05/25/15
Nice weekends all around.
Lawn+respectable shotgun+deer gun worth more than $500+Weber Genesis = not poor.

Dave

Better than shotgunning $5 Genny lights in a lawn chair.
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Travis, excellent gift for your daughter.. Uber taste!!

Sam looks like you are having a fine weekend.. Great photo..

She will appreciate this. Believe me. I let her shoot a red dott'ed 10/22 at the range and that was it. She loved that fuggin thing.

I actually bought her this pink 10/22 about five years ago. I got her brother the equivalent at the time. Figured I'd give her this one around now.

Look at how young my son is in this pic. Crazy.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by keystoneben

Dave

Howyoufigure?

Dcave
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Weekends - 05/25/15
Hey Flave,
Now that mini-Flave can hit chit with the CZ and 22/45 (with the can and Burris), does that mean he gets to keep 'em, like the S&W?

Just askin'.

LD
So... I watched a couple videos tonight and I came to the conclusion I would hate living with me.

Laughin' my ass off...

Originally Posted by keystoneben

Dave

Howyoufigure?

Dcave

Edit..."Nothing better"...grin
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Weekends - 05/25/15
just too damn hot down here in Florida for much camping or hiking. Our 'season' for that stuff runs November through April.
Posted By: xxclaro Re: Weekends - 05/25/15
WCH,

Had to return to the sanctuary that is the Hi-Line to find some decent weather.

Oldest female turns 8 this week so she has an upgrade coming. It's all zeroed and ready to slay schit. Red dots and semi-autos are far more effective in the gopher fields. She should be happy and she has certainly earned the graduation:

[Linked Image]

Hole. Lee. Fuggin'. Awesome:

[Linked Image]

Gotta stick with the service issue stuff on Memorial Day:

[Linked Image]

Clark

Nice pics. It looks like there might actually be someone out there with legs even whiter than mine. UBER white, one might even say...
UBER white always trumps the alternative.

Clark
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
just too damn hot down here in Florida for much camping or hiking. Our 'season' for that stuff runs November through April.

I hope your vagina doesn't leave a stain after hitting the floor that hard.

Dave
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Weekends - 05/25/15
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

Only the UBER-edition.

Travis

Ha! I should have known that.
Posted By: deflave Re: Weekends - 05/26/15
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Hey Flave,
Now that mini-Flave can hit chit with the CZ and 22/45 (with the can and Burris), does that mean he gets to keep 'em, like the S&W?

Just askin'.

LD

Larry David,

I must have missed this in my drunkenness yesterday.

My rule is the 'flaves get outfitted initially. After that, it is on them if they want to expand.

Clark
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Weekends - 05/26/15
Ahah. Enable, then step away. Sounds like a plan. smile
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Weekends - 05/26/15
Cool Videos!

"Good talk. Can you shoot now?" laugh
Posted By: gonzaga Re: Weekends - 05/27/15
Like the hazing Travis.. they've got to be able to operate under pressure and self doubt...I'm always talking smack to my kid, especially when it's a friendly competition or when money is involved....lol
Posted By: deflave Re: Weekends - 05/28/15
They have pretty thick skin, that's for sure.

Hopefully we have some dead critter pics to accompany the pink 10/22 this weekend.

Travis
Posted By: deflave Re: Weekends - 05/30/15
Another pressure cooker Saturday:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Clarke
Gate getter:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dave
Posted By: 4ager Re: Weekends - 05/30/15
Cute kid. Whose is she?
Posted By: PaleRider Re: Weekends - 05/30/15
smile cool
Originally Posted by 4ager
Cute kid. Whose is she?

Just another wanna-be-sob-story that insists I'm her father.

Davie Boy
Posted By: 4ager Re: Weekends - 05/30/15
Cute kid. Whose is she?

Just another wanna-be-sob-story that insists I'm her father.

Davie Boy

Impossible. That would require you not be firing blanks. Most of SE Asia can attest to the squib load facts.

Nonetheless, she's a doll.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Weekends - 05/30/15
Flave, grade +A Saturday.
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: Weekends - 05/30/15

Oh, okay. For a moment there, I thought she was using a caber to administer a coup de grace on a varmint.

Gate getter:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: xxclaro Re: Weekends - 05/30/15
Very nice, looks like a proper weekend. Whats that rifle you used on the badger?

Impossible. That would require you not be firing blanks. Most of SE Asia can attest to the squib load facts.

Nonetheless, she's a doll.

I had no idea you were one of my many from SE Asia.

Thanks.

Davarino
Flave, grade +A Saturday.

Aaaaalmost had a dog on top of it. Fugger made it into the deep cover before we slid to a halt.

Clark
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Very nice, looks like a proper weekend. Whats that rifle you used on the badger?

Three-O-Gay. Tikka CTR. 6X SS. Elite Iron Bravo 1.

UBER!

Dave
Posted By: sse Re: Weekends - 05/30/15
Least you could do is teach the kids a useful skill, like riding on the hood of a pickup with a shotty in the lap and beer in hand...I had to learn that on my own. Be all you can be...chillrens' lives are at stake, dammitt!
Pretty sure my dad drove over a gopher yesterday and didn't even notice.

Hauled some 2 year old pairs out to pasture this morning.
Let 'em mother up for a minute before they go out. Fix fence.

[Linked Image]

Got home and rerouted my down spout into a 'rain tank'(aka possible minnow tank, wife doesn't know it yet....). Uber rain lately and a minor swamp was forming. Good problem to have!

[Linked Image]

Wanted to drive up the road and check on a field but the boss says no driving.
Posted By: mtcurman Re: Weekends - 05/30/15
Sam, if you do make that a minnow tank, be sure and get an aerator otherwise they'll go belly up in short order...

Glad you fellers had UBER weekends. Nash got his bear yesterday, and we were going to go again today, but it was rainy so we messed around here instead.

Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Weekends - 05/30/15
I read pages 1 & 8. If I read more I might be jealous. Did I miss the part about Dave's thumb?
Posted By: ingwe Re: Weekends - 05/30/15
Originally Posted by mtcurman
Sam, if you do make that a minnow tank, be sure and get an aerator otherwise they'll go belly up in short order...

Glad you fellers had UBER weekends. Nash got his bear yesterday, and we were going to go again today, but it was rainy so we messed around here instead.

Sweet Ben!

Post pics of Nashs bear someplace we can find them...start your own thread. I wanna see them! laugh
Oh yeah Ben, for sure. That spot catches a lot of late afternoon sun and would probably be too warm anyway.

Looked like a big rain just went south of the lake?
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Weekends - 05/30/15
Nash got his bear yesterday

This post is worthless without pics.......
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Weekends - 05/30/15
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Nash got his bear yesterday

This post is worthless without pics.......

huntsman;
Good evening to you sir, I hope you're doing acceptably well.

I too would like to cast a vote for photos of Nash's bear - and the story too naturally.

Have a good weekend Don.

Dwayne
Posted By: EdM Re: Weekends - 05/30/15
Cherish those moments bud because in less time than you can imagine they are gone. My two eldest circa 1998. They have been out of the house for four years...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Youngest still with us finishing 11th grade. This some years ago 250 Ackley'ing.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Weekends - 05/30/15
Originally Posted by xxclaro

Three-O-Gay. Tikka CTR. 6X SS. Elite Iron Bravo 1.

UBER!

Dave

Davarino, did Flave' ette put the headstamp on the bastid badger?
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: Weekends - 05/31/15
Great photos.. Cute little gal there Flave.. Hope we get to see Nash's bear soon.. Missed out on that this spring.. Nice going.
Posted By: deflave Re: Weekends - 05/31/15
Originally Posted by sse
Least you could do is teach the kids a useful skill, like riding on the hood of a pickup with a shotty in the lap and beer in hand...I had to learn that on my own. Be all you can be...chillrens' lives are at stake, dammitt!

That's not until age 12.

Travis
Sam,

Work. Is. Stupid.

How many times do I have to remind you of this schit?

Dave
Great photos.. Cute little gal there Flave.. Hope we get to see Nash's bear soon.. Missed out on that this spring.. Nice going.

As much as I love Downstream and Company, we must remember this thread is about me. Nobody else.

Clark

Negative. We came over a hill and he was hauling ass through a pasture. I got my glass on him and saw it was a badger. Land owner said we'd see "at least one" and asked they all get shot regardless of season.

Anyway, he made it to his hole and disappeared. I ranged the mound @ 99yds and grabbed the CTR. I would have used the 22LR but the wind was an easy 20mph and I didn't want to miss the chance if he popped back out. Sure as schit stinks, he put his head up and mad-dogged us from a distance he incorrectly perceived as safe.

Travis
Took the two Ultra-Savages on a 7 mile canoe trip. They amaze me for two reasons:

1.) I haven't killed them.

2.) They haven't killed me. Yet.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And of course I had to take this goon for a bike ride. She loves bike rides.

[Linked Image]

Done being a father now. Time to get drunk.

Clark
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Weekends - 05/31/15
Originally Posted by sse

had to snicker a little bit at that post, I didn't realize i was not the only one to do stuff like that.
I remember one night about six of us were chasing rabbits with big long sticks on a hard top scout. Worked pretty good until he hit a drainage ditch, and a couple of guys got some serious dirt road rash.
Posted By: sse Re: Weekends - 05/31/15
actually, considering the way they build front ends these days, sitting on the hood would be difficult. Now the hoods are domed and there's no bumper to rest your boots on...just sayin
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Weekends - 05/31/15

Negative. We came over a hill and he was hauling ass through a pasture. I got my glass on him and saw it was a badger. Land owner said we'd see "at least one" and asked they all get shot regardless of season.

Anyway, he made it to his hole and disappeared. I ranged the mound @ 99yds and grabbed the CTR. I would have used the 22LR but the wind was an easy 20mph and I didn't want to miss the chance if he popped back out. Sure as schit stinks, he put his head up and mad-dogged us from a distance he incorrectly perceived as safe.

Travis

Love when phugg er's start sproutin' rooster. Simplifies schit.
Posted By: EdM Re: Weekends - 05/31/15
Took the two Ultra-Savages on a 7 mile canoe trip. They amaze me for two reasons:

1.) I haven't killed them.

2.) They haven't killed me. Yet.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And of course I had to take this goon for a bike ride. She loves bike rides.

[Linked Image]

Done being a father now. Time to get drunk.

Clark

My two eldest boys, now 24 and 25, used to love riding on the back of our mountain bikes. Old chitt but still have the bikes.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: EdM Re: Weekends - 05/31/15
Oh, and I am damn glad I only had boys as is my tomboy wife... grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Weekends - 05/31/15
Gate getter:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dave

What happened to the Tundra? Lojack?
Posted By: deflave Re: Weekends - 06/01/15
I have three hunting rigs. The Tundra is probably my last choice. The 4Runner is usually my first.

Dave
Posted By: deflave Re: Weekends - 06/01/15
Damn, Ed. That bike is old.

Mine is too though. Bought it at a garage sale for like $50.00 or some schit.

Travis
Posted By: deflave Re: Weekends - 06/06/15
Shrap un-invited me to shoot with him this weekend because I made disparaging comments about H&K.

I had to improvise and make the most of what I have at my disposal this Saturday. 600 round days are kinda fun.

What's-his-name did alright with the 10/22.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
He made a 32yd shot with the 22/45. Was a might bit impressive. For a girl.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Salty303 Re: Weekends - 06/06/15
Good think he had the ol man around to keep the mags topped up looks like shooting was brisk at times. A good Saturday by all accounts smile
Posted By: mtcurman Re: Weekends - 06/06/15
Suns out, guns out.....grin

That sumbitch be lookin' goooooood. grin

Travis
Posted By: whipholt_wahoo Re: Weekends - 06/07/15
good looking kids 'flave.
must be the polish genes coming through.
Posted By: deflave Re: Weekends - 06/07/15
Don't be ridiculous. You and I both know how good I look.

Travis
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Clark
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: Weekends - 06/07/15
Another good weekend, I see.. Looks like lots of fun.. See any rattlesnakes yet??
Posted By: 32_20fan Re: Weekends - 06/07/15
[quote=deflave][Linked Image]

Is that deflave's pic on the CCI bulk pack? If not, they're missing a marketing juggernaut.
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: Weekends - 06/07/15
Yaknow.. that was I was thinking also. Looks an awful lot like the Infamous Flave on that bulk box. Cept I know none of the boolit manufactures could afford the royalties.

Jus say'n

W. Bill
Another good weekend, I see.. Looks like lots of fun.. See any rattlesnakes yet??

Oh fugg yea. Been out in force. Again...

Mini dusted one with his .38 the other day.

Travis
Originally Posted by 32_20fan

Is that deflave's pic on the CCI bulk pack? If not, they're missing a marketing juggernaut.

When I was a kid my brother said "The only person I'd pay to see on The Real World, is you."

I still don't know what that means. But I wish somebody would put me on a box of bullets because that'd be cool as schit.

Clark
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Yaknow.. that was I was thinking also. Looks an awful lot like the Infamous Flave on that bulk box. Cept I know none of the boolit manufactures could afford the royalties.

Jus say'n

W. Bill

I'd accept payment in the form of Newports and Bent Nail.

UBER retirement!

Dave
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Weekends - 06/07/15
Originally Posted by 32_20fan
[Linked Image]

I wondered the exact same thing!

Looks another grade A day of fresh air.

Flave, dude, I bet BGG teases you about driving a purple pickup....
He does, and sometimes it hurts.

But then I remember he drives a Dodge, and I laugh my ass off.

Travis
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Weekends - 06/07/15
Shrap un-invited me to shoot with him this weekend because I made disparaging comments about H&K.

I had to improvise and make the most of what I have at my disposal this Saturday. 600 round days are kinda fun.

There are more things in life than the Cult of the P7 smile
Those H&K guys can be a bit touchy.

Dave
About 10 Bud Lights ago....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mtcurman Re: Weekends - 06/07/15
You fellers look like you've had a weekend... Since the dog shoot was postponed, Nash and I have been putting new shingles on.

I am itching to go blast some prairie dogs.

Nice mud shoes Sam....grin

Travis, Mom would probably buy that empty Troy Landry box from you. She loves those.
Ben, easy weekend for sure!

Warm and windy, mornings are better than afternoons for being outside.
Posted By: mtcurman Re: Weekends - 06/07/15
True dat, this morning was nice, it got a little toasty around noon.....grin

Travis, Mom would probably buy that empty Troy Landry box from you. She loves those.

Tell me what that is and it's yours.

Travis
True dat, this morning was nice, it got a little toasty around noon.....grin

Supposed to get warm Monday.

Travis

Tell me what that is and it's yours.

Travis

I had to image search it.
Posted By: mtcurman Re: Weekends - 06/08/15
You fellers need to watch Swamp People once in a while I guess.....grin
© 24hourcampfire