Home
We went to Brookings S.D. this weekend to visit friends, and I ran across a 20mm ammo can. Brought it home and did a little rearranging down in the gun room. Counted up my hoard of .22 ammo and I've got 4,100 rounds. Think I'll stop aggressively looking for it. Incidentally, I was in two pawn shops, a Wal-Mart, and two Runnings stores and none of them had anything except birdshot and a couple boxes of high end Aguilla stuff at the one Runnings store. Think I'll focus on putting some 9mm away now. I've only got about 400 rounds of that.
around here it seems the less you look for .22 the more you find.

4100 rounds? That's what I call a good weekend. laugh
Originally Posted by gophergunner
We went to Brookings S.D. this weekend to visit friends, and I ran across a 20mm ammo can. Brought it home and did a little rearranging down in the gun room. Counted up my hoard of .22 ammo and I've got 4,100 rounds. Think I'll stop aggressively looking for it. Incidentally, I was in two pawn shops, a Wal-Mart, and two Runnings stores and none of them had anything except birdshot and a couple boxes of high end Aguilla stuff at the one Runnings store. Think I'll focus on putting some 9mm away now. I've only got about 400 rounds of that.

That isn't much. My ex-boss had 24,000 last he counted. He's an azzwipe and likes to hoard the stuff...
Originally Posted by gophergunner

I've got about the same. Hopefully I'll run across some this summer because the boys and I will probably shoot up that much this summer.
I have, at last count, a lot more than 4100 rounds. Back in the nineties, and running up to the Y2K, I was buying a brick, sometimes two, about every week. It was cheap, less than $10/500 rounds, and readily available.
I had never actually taken a count until last night. I'll keep checking for it, but at least I know what I've got now. I'll start rounding up some 9mm, and 223.
back in the day, I followed the old saying "buy them cheap, stack them deep".
I sold my M1A rifles, but there was a time when I had 20K+ rounds of milsurp 7.62X51. I shot a lot, and bought a lot.
4100 rounds, that is only part of one box!
That's a lot of trips to Walmart.
© 24hourcampfire