Home
And not a "re-roll" or "blunt" either! grin

While prepping some brass I'm enjoying a cigar I rolled at a La Gloria Cubana Serie R Esteli event held at a local cigar shop a while back. It's been resting in one of my humidors.

At the event there was a master roller making event exclusive cigars in a large torpedo format. He was also showing newbies how to roll a straight sided cigar in a 6x50 format. The innards, i.e. pre-bunched filler and binder, were a standard La Gloria blend, and the wrappers were Esteli leaves that didn't make the appearance standard for commercial use.

My cigar turned out to be pretty good. After the first 3/4" or so the burned evened out nicely. It's been a good, straightforward med-full bodied smoke.
I have studied how to do it and I have grown several kinds of cigar tobaccos but never cured or tried to roll one.
Originally Posted by mathman
And not a "re-roll" or "blunt" either! grin

Hatin' on the grape-a-licious blizzy wrap aficionados out there? Pretty elitist, yo...

wink
Did one once at a local cigar event. Didn't turn out great. But was cool to do it.
Mine wasn't great, but it was pretty good. If I could do it over again I'd try for a bit tighter roll.
Every morning, sometimes twice depending on the previous menu.
Went to a cigar factory in the town of Esteli in Nicaragua and got to see it done, does that count? grin Real old school stuff by the looks of it.
In the 70s I liked to go down to Ponte Vedra, FL and watch the old Cubans roll and sell cigars sitting out on the streets.
No....but I've rolled a LOT of these:

[Linked Image]Patch board by Rick Mulhern, on Flickr
Those will smoke things too!
© 24hourcampfire