Home
Posted By: ltppowell Br'er Rabbit Anyone? - 05/29/15
Is there anybody here dumb enough to fall for this?

________

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) — Democrats hope for Ted Cruz, but fear Jeb Bush.

The Hill surveyed Democratic lawmakers, former members and strategists, and found they are rooting for Cruz to win the Republican presidential nomination. Jeb Bush, meanwhile, is the 2016 candidate Democrats fear the most. Why Cruz? Democrats think the Texas senator, a conservative firebrand, would alienate independent voters, propel liberals to the polls and give their party the best shot at picking up congressional seats in next year’s election. Bush, meanwhile, would be a tougher opponent since he is a former governor from a political dynasty who can raise hundreds of millions of dollars and appeal more strongly to women and independent voters.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Br'er Rabbit Anyone? - 05/29/15
Pleeeeze don't throw me in dat briar patch!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Br'er Rabbit Anyone? - 05/29/15
I hope nobody is dumb enough to stay home and let the dems put their next candidate in office because they got their feelers hurt that their man wasn't on the ticket.

That hasn't worked out so well for our country in the past.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Br'er Rabbit Anyone? - 05/29/15
Originally Posted by ingwe
Pleeeeze don't throw me in dat briar patch!

No kidding! Silly Democrats dicks are for chicks.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Br'er Rabbit Anyone? - 05/29/15
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I hope nobody is dumb enough to stay home and let the dems put their next candidate in office because they got their feelers hurt that their man wasn't on the ticket.

That hasn't worked out so well for our country in the past.

True, and I hope those same people aren't dumb enough to realize that "their man" didn't make it because they didn't support them financially NOW.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Br'er Rabbit Anyone? - 05/29/15
Yep.

If you want your man in the race, now is the time to do something. After the primaries is too late.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Br'er Rabbit Anyone? - 05/29/15
Can't blame the libs for trying I guess...it worked in '8 & '12.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Br'er Rabbit Anyone? - 05/29/15
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Can't blame the libs for trying I guess...it worked in '8 & '12.

If they are talking, they're lying.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Br'er Rabbit Anyone? - 05/29/15
shades of Joel Chandler Harris!
Posted By: 308ragincajun Re: Br'er Rabbit Anyone? - 05/31/15
They tried to pull the same thing when Bush was trying to get the nomination vs. McCain: " We can beat George Bush, but we sure hope you don't nominate McCain
© 24hourcampfire