Home
Posted By: Bristoe Ted shows his stripes - 06/11/15
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/international/239750-ted-cruz-joins-the-establishment
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Ted shows his stripes - 06/11/15
If you're smart you'll make yourself scarce when LT see's this.

Posted By: RobJordan Re: Ted shows his stripes - 06/11/15

You anarchists are nucking futs. crazy Cruz is a rock solid conservative.
Posted By: SAcharlie Re: Ted shows his stripes - 06/11/15
He's an idiot sock puppet.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Ted shows his stripes - 06/11/15
I don't believe it. Cruz knows something this guy doesn't. The whole package is still under lock and key and I'm not sure what to believe about the whole agreement. I keep reading conflicting reports. I think it's because it's all speculation at this point. However, it's something to think about when considering Cruz for POTUS.

I think he still has the biggest balls out of everyone who's running.
I don't know who to trust anymore. [b][color:#3333FF]This report[/color][/b] from yesterday said that there was hidden Amnesty powers all thru it...

Too bad we can't see our own legislation.?
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Ted shows his stripes - 06/11/15
Ted has some 'splainin' to do.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Ted shows his stripes - 06/11/15
Yup, but I'll reserve my opinion until I hear more from other than Obama's newsletter and a couple of kooks and communists.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Ted shows his stripes - 06/11/15
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Yup, but I'll reserve my opinion until I hear more from other than Obama's newsletter and a couple of kooks and communists.

I tried to tell you that he isn't real.

Here's some more.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/cruz-ryan-urge-senate-to-pass-fast-track/article/2563423

Agreed, LT. Of all the GOP Candidates, I think Cruz is the most feared by the Libertards! And I believe they will say or do anything to discredit him. They REALLY don't want Ted to make it to the Debates!

Just look at the recent example of a couple days ago, when a Libertard News Rag printed that Rubio had 17 traffic tickets. As it turns out, he had 4 tickets, while his wife had the remainder.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Agreed, LT. Of all the GOP Candidates, I think Cruz is the most feared by the Libertards! And I believe they will say or do anything to discredit him. They REALLY don't want Ted to make it to the Debates!

Just look at the recent example of a couple days ago, when a Libertard News Rag printed that Rubio had 17 traffic tickets. As it turns out, he had 4 tickets, while his wife had the remainder.

This isn't a case of "somebody said something".

It's a piece of legislation that Cruz is helping to push which will concentrate more power in the executive branch. It's all being kept very secret.

It's a bunch of sneaky ass big government stuff and only sneaky ass big government types are in favor of it.

Cruz and Ryan have been tasked to smooth it over with republicans.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...scheme-includes-unrestricted-immigration
Posted By: eyeball Re: Ted shows his stripes - 06/11/15

I called his camp and told them to FO and no more because of his fast track stance.
I'll still reserve my opinion. The "fast track" is not to approve the bill without transparency. It's is to vote on it without amendment. That may be good or bad. We'll see.
I'll still reserve my opinion. The "fast track" is not to approve the bill without transparency. It's is to vote on it without amendment. That may be good or bad. We'll see.

Cruz could take a dump in your plate during Sunday dinner and you'd declare that it's a pumpkin pie.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Ted shows his stripes - 06/11/15
Originally Posted by eyeball

I called his camp and told them to FO and no more because of his fast track stance.

You mean the same one as Rand Paul!!!
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Cruz could take a dump in your plate during Sunday dinner and you'd declare that it's a pumpkin pie.

No, I'm just not a fair weather friend. When we find out he did the wrong thing, I'm out. For all we know, this thing may not be passible as it stands, but would be if amended. You should spend more time trying to find something good about your candidate than trying to hurt the others. That's what liberals do.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Ted shows his stripes - 06/11/15
Bristoe your hero is a disappointment as well: http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...fied-and-made-public-once-its-agreed-to/
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Ted shows his stripes - 06/11/15
Breitbart News Network
Ted Cruz Channels Paul Ryan: ‘A Lot of Misinformation’ on Obamatrade That ‘You Can Get on the Internet’
by Matthew Boyle 11 Jun 2015

...“TPA is Trade Promotion Authority, it’s also known as fast track,” Cruz continued in his answer on Hewitt’s program. “That is the process through which free trade agreements are negotiated.
Historically, since FDR virtually every president has had fast track authority.
What fast track provides is simply if a free trade agreement is negotiated, that Congress will vote on it up or down without amendments, and history has demonstrated for the last 80 years that the only way to get free trade agreements adopted is to have fast track.
That if there is no fast track, free trade agreements do not end up being negotiated.”

Free trade agreements could be adopted by Congress after they’re negotiated by an administration without fast-track. In fact, President Obama could release publicly the text of the TPP, T-TIP or TiSA agreements—or any other agreements—right now and then come to Congress with his ideas, win them over and get them approved. If they were popular, it’d be easy. Of course, he’s choosing not to do that. But Cruz doubled down on that point again a moment later.

“TPA is what the Senate voted on recently,” Cruz continued. “I voted in favor of fast track because I support free trade. I think free trade benefits America. It creates jobs–opening markets to our farmers, to our ranchers, to our manufacturers, improves economic growth.
In Texas alone, roughly 3 million jobs depend upon international trade.
And if you support free trade, the only way history has shown free trade agreements get negotiated is through fast track.”
[...]
“Now there is a second issue which has caused a great deal of confusion, and that is TPP,” Cruz said.

“Trans Pacific Partnership,” Hewitt interjected.

“Correct,” Cruz continued. “That is one specific trade deal that is currently being negotiated. It is separate from TPA. Congress has not voted on TPP, and there’s a great deal of concern about TPP.
Now, I have not voted on TPP, and I haven’t decided if I will support it or not, because the negotiation isn’t complete, and I’m going to wait and review and see what the agreement is first before assessing if it would be beneficial or harmful.”

No, I'm just not a fair weather friend. When we find out he did the wrong thing, I'm out. For all we know, this thing may not be passible as it stands, but would be if amended. You should spend more time trying to find something good about your candidate than trying to hurt the others. That's what liberals do.

My candidate?

I don't have a candidate. The way I see it, about the best Americans can hope for at this point is that no crazy sumbitch gets elected that brings about the end of the world.

People need to be wary of any politician that's squawkin' a bunch of warmongering chit.

They're a maniac.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Ted shows his stripes - 06/11/15
People need to be wary of any politician that's squawkin' a bunch of warmongering chit.

Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Ted shows his stripes - 06/11/15
Breitbart News Network
Scott Walker Pushes Obamatrade On Eve Of Vote
by Matthew Boyle 11 Jun 2015

Despite staying largely silent on the issue—he’s quietly supported it for weeks, but hasn’t said anything at all in quite a long time—Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker crossed most conservatives by coming out in support of Obamatrade on Thursday evening in an interview with Bloomberg’s Mark Halperin.

Walker, Bloomberg’s Halperin and John McCormick wrote, “expressed agreement with President Barack Obama on the pressing issue of fast-track trade legislation.”
“Walker said he supports giving Obama the authority to submit trade agreements to Congress for an expedited, up-or-down vote without amendments,” they wrote, before quoting Walker himself.
“If we don’t go down this path, we’re going to be at a competitive disadvantage, and so I think it just makes sense,” Walker said.

“At the same time, like many Republicans who support granting the trade authority recent past presidents have had, Walker said the deal would allow the Republican-controlled Congress to review Obama’s actions,” the Bloomberg reporters wrote.
“If this president were to give them a bad deal, they should hold him accountable and vote it down,” Walker added. “They have every right to do that under the proposal.”
[…]
Walker didn’t in this interview—at least not in the part that Bloomberg published—discuss whether or not he believes it’s acceptable for the president to continue keeping the text of the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) portion of Obamatrade that Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) would fast track hidden from the American people in the basement of the U.S. Capitol in a secret room.

Since Walker is not a member of Congress, there is no way he could have read the text of the deal before making these comments. He also didn’t discuss what he thinks about the fact that not even members of Congress are allowed to read the even-more-secretive Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (T-TIP) or Trade in Services Agreement (TiSA) deals, which are among the other deals that would be fast-tracked by Obamatrade if TPA passes the House of Representatives on Friday, despite the fact nobody—including Walker—knows what’s in those deals.
Pat Buchanan

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/06/patrick-j-buchanan/imperial-overstech/

But it was in the Middle East that the most costly blunders were committed. Believing liberal democracy to be the wave of the future, that all peoples, given the chance, would embrace it, we invaded Iraq, occupied Afghanistan and overthrew the dictator of Libya.

So doing, we unleashed the demons of Islamic fanaticism, tribalism, and a Sunni-Shiite sectarian war now raging from North Africa to the Near East.

Yet though America’s relative economic and military power today is not what it was in 1992, our commitments are greater.

We are now obligated to defend Eastern Europe and the Baltic republics against a resurgent Russia, South Korea against the North, Japan and the Philippines against a surging China. We bomb jihadists daily in Iraq and Syria, support a Saudi air war in Yemen, and sustain Kabul with 10,000 U.S. troops in its war with the Taliban. Our special forces are all over the Middle East and Africa.

And if the neocons get back into power in 2017, U.S. arms will start flowing to Kiev, that war will explode, and the Tomahawks and B-2s will be on the way to Iran.

Posted By: DMc Re: Ted shows his stripes - 06/12/15
I WAS a Cruz supporter. No longer.

DMc
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Ted shows his stripes - 06/12/15
Originally Posted by DMc
I WAS a Cruz supporter.

DMc

I doubt that.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Ted shows his stripes - 06/12/15

I don't have a candidate. The way I see it, about the best Americans can hope for at this point is that no crazy sumbitch gets elected that brings about the end of the world.
Is that akin to the pos that got elected in '08 that's bringin' the end of the USA?

They're a maniac.
That's what the libbies thought of Reagan too.. I'd take that over the quivering mass of jelly that we now have in DC..

Pacifists lose - period.. People (or a country) can get poked only so long before the poking comes back with relish..
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Ted shows his stripes - 06/12/15
Let's see, Bristoe AND SACharlie don't like him....
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Ted shows his stripes - 06/12/15
On this thread I have posted quotes from two politicians, Cruz and Walker, who support this legislation maybe without reading the bill.
There are both potential upsides and potential downsides, good and bad, in these trade agreements. Let the debates begin...out in the open, in full view of the voting public. Sunshine is the best disinfectant.

Here are the words of a politician who wants them to first read the damn thing:
6/12/15 The secretive, hugely impacting Obamatrade deal is another behind-closed-doors fast-tracked D.C. deal that screams "don’t pass it ’til we know what’s in it!"
Yet politicians are going along to get along, supporting Obama’s pet project while ignoring the public’s right to know what’s in this monumental international trade deal.
This, despite the President’s track record proving he hasn’t got it in him to put American workers first.

If Congress hands this secretive deal to Obama on a silver platter, admitting to not even reading it first, then shame on us for letting another one slide.
This is fast-tracked, friends. Like Obamacare, when we sounded warning bells but too many were too busy to pressure their employees (your elected politicians) to do the right thing and learn it first.

Since when is Congress able to halt any bullying administration’s fast-track deals? They never have before. Didn’t we learn last time?
http://www.breitbart.com/…/blood-in-the-water-34-conservat…/
– Sarah Palin
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Ted shows his stripes - 06/12/15
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Exactly. Like nobody's ever seen bitsches that drive crazy. Then they try to pin everything on him and make a big deal out of it. Gimme a ph uggen break.

Go whaach yo baby momma when she comes plowin' into yo driveway with all the hit and run's hangin' off the side, azz clown.
© 24hourcampfire