Home
Another tough day at the office today, testing Ruger's new Hawkeye FTW Predator rifle chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. This one is the offspring, if you will, of the Hawkeye Predator Rifle and the Gunsite Scout Rifle. Basics: 24 in. 1:8 barrel, laminate stock, sweet two-stage target trigger.

[Linked Image]

Here's how it fared with several factory rounds

[Linked Image]

Above: Winchester 140 gr. BTHP Match

[Linked Image]

Above: Hornady 140 gr. A-MAX

[Linked Image]

Above: Nosler 140 gr. HPBT Match

It may be tough to send this one back...
Nice! Have the same rifle and my targets look the same.
Sweet! What is the ball park real world street price?

You shouldn't have posted this, now I must fight the urge to find one.

I'm glad mine has the std stock, and not the bastardized spacer-matic.......grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Sweet! What is the ball park real world street price?

Haven't checked street price yet. MSRP is $1099.
Originally Posted by Bearcat74

You shouldn't have posted this, now I must fight the urge to find one.

We all know rifle loonies have zero willpower.
That cartridge in a configuration like that has a lot of appeal.
Kentucky I need to congratulate you on your shooting as well as your rifle. Well done Sir. I love a good day at the range and that is one for the books. Now for the fun part - doing it again next time- right?
That looks pretty interesting.

I keep threatening to buy a RAR in .223, since they actually have a 1 in 8" barrel. It would be a neater choice for deer hunting, than an AR. Of course, Ruger is supposed to have a Lipseys K1V out soon, with a 26" 1 in 8", and that would be mo better smile

Ruger actually seems to comprehend that good barrels sell rifles... smirk
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Kentucky I need to congratulate you on your shooting as well as your rifle. Well done Sir. I love a good day at the range and that is one for the books. Now for the fun part - doing it again next time- right?

Repeating days like that might be a tad easier if every rifle I reviewed came in 6.5 Creedmoor... ;-)
© 24hourcampfire