Home
The step downward on the slippery slope that put us past the point where recovery was possible.

We had a choice between a War Hero and a Draft Dodger A potential third choice was arguably the most astute businessman in the country.

We chose the Draft Dodger because the War Hero had lied to us about not raising taxes.

And the Draft Dodger kept telling us; "It's the economy, Stupid".

There has not even been one step upward made since then.

Just scrambling in loose shale.
No, it started with that horse faced dead f-uk lincoln.
My pick is 1962 when the court began taking the Bible out of the classroom. This was a classic Cloward and Piven tactic even before they wrote it and to think Khrushchev had told the UN they would bury us just a few years earlier. Khrushchev was totally correct. Destroy peoples faith, destroy the people.
Women voting.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Women voting.
No doubt, that was a big mistake!
Originally Posted by curdog4570
The step downward on the slippery slope that put us past the point where recovery was possible.

We had a choice between a War Hero and a Draft Dodger A potential third choice was arguably the most astute businessman in the country.

We chose the Draft Dodger because the War Hero had lied to us about not raising taxes.

curdog - been thinking about that a lot this week. Had Ross Perot not run then George H.W.Bush would have beat the Draft Dodger,
the name Clinton would mean nothing and no one would be talking about Hildog in 2016.

And now SCOTUS hits us hard, twice, this week. Damn !!!
I think it began when the government decided to start takin' earned income away from those who were workin' for it...and then give it to those who weren't workin' for it.

When one's sense of entitlement increases, one's sense of gratitude decreases...and when one's sense of entitlement decreases, one's sense of gratitude increases.
It didn't start with one incident or one issue. When and why it started are largely irrelevant now. The questions are: does this empire still represent you and yours? If so, great. If not, then what next, when, and how?
Originally Posted by RickyD
My pick is 1962 when the court began taking the Bible out of the classroom. This was a classic Cloward and Piven tactic even before they wrote it and to think Khrushchev had told the UN they would bury us just a few years earlier. Khrushchev was totally correct. Destroy peoples faith, destroy the people.
Bingo.
My contention is the slide started post WWII. It's not a conservative/liberal republican/democrat thing, it's a good vs. evil thing. Instead of being eternal vigilant and more importantly thankful to God for victory in the war, the 50's became let the good times roll and nobody has been at the watch.
Originally Posted by antlers
I think it began when the government decided to start takin' earned income away from those who were workin' for it...and then give it to those who weren't workin' for it.

When one's sense of entitlement increases, one's sense of gratitude decreases...and when one's sense of entitlement decreases, one's sense of gratitude increases.

Yep. The blacks are definitely not grateful.
Originally Posted by Hotload

curdog - been thinking about that a lot this week. Had Ross Perot not run then George H.W.Bush would have beat the Draft Dodger,
the name Clinton would mean nothing and no one would be talking about Hildog in 2016.

Well that could be but...

As I think about it the world would be a totally different place had Ross won
I was told what a nut he was and a kook burger now I know it was the GOP being scared of a guy they couldnt control
I WAS NOT IN HIS CAMP AT THE TIME but now in retro spect???

I just seen the court ruling and am about to do a Dennis Miller (give up) give the people what they want I am getting tired of fighting
I have nothing against people who live different than I do (Hell I dont have all the answers) but I am sick and f-ing tired of others saying but its normal

Just leave the short haired city/country boy alone

Im tired of Bush Court apointees sticking it to us
I have always known the main reason to vote for a president is the Supreme Court Yep its true

Im just tired

Hank
Originally Posted by eyeball

Yep. The blacks are definitely not grateful.

Let be honest neither is the white trash
Hank
Well that could be but...

As I think about it the world would be a totally different place had Ross won
I was told what a nut he was and a kook burger now I know it was the GOP being scared of a guy they couldnt control
I WAS NOT IN HIS CAMP AT THE TIME but now in retro spect???
What kind of president Perot would have been is irrelevant. If was serious, he'd have been either Republican or Democrat because it's impossible for a 3d party to get elected. Totally impossible. Our system prevent is set up to prevent it from happening. All he did was get Clinton elected instead of Bush. If Perot was too stupid to realize what he was doing, he was too stupid to be president.
I think the big event that really started us down a path was the interstate commerce act. In my mind anyway.
My pick is 1962 when the court began taking the Bible out of the classroom.

I'm glad that there's nobody in the schools today teaching the kids that the Earth is 6,000 years old, or that dinosaurs went on the Ark with Noah. The kids here are 'already' being indoctrinated with plenty of bull$ch!t as it is.
Originally Posted by gunner500

THIS..... I truly believe that is when it started.
It started here.

http://www.mountvernon.org/research-collections/digital-encyclopedia/article/whiskey-rebellion/
It started the very 1st time an American citizen said "my vote won't make any difference"

elections have consequences.
started long before that, curdog
It began July 4th, 1776

[Linked Image]
When liberals discovered their best weapon was to poison the impressionable minds of our children, using the public school system as indoctrination camps for their twisted beliefs...
My current favorite answer regarding the US is the passage of the 16th Amendment (which actually is the real, legal definition of the US), as that was the point where the Constitution was explicitly modified to sanction the violation of 8th Commandment. I think we've been under plain judgment ever since. Hard to say that's "the start", though, because it obviously had precursors. On the largest scale, IT has always been. Below is The Greatest Poem Ever Written.... This says it all.

The Gods of the Copybook Headings, by Rudyard Kipling

AS I PASS through my incarnations in every age and race,
I make my proper prostrations to the Gods of the Market Place.
Peering through reverent fingers I watch them flourish and fall,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings, I notice, outlast them all.

We were living in trees when they met us. They showed us each in turn
That Water would certainly wet us, as Fire would certainly burn:
But we found them lacking in Uplift, Vision and Breadth of Mind,
So we left them to teach the Gorillas while we followed the March of Mankind.

We moved as the Spirit listed. They never altered their pace,
Being neither cloud nor wind-borne like the Gods of the Market Place,
But they always caught up with our progress, and presently word would come
That a tribe had been wiped off its icefield, or the lights had gone out in Rome.

With the Hopes that our World is built on they were utterly out of touch,
They denied that the Moon was Stilton; they denied she was even Dutch;
They denied that Wishes were Horses; they denied that a Pig had Wings;
So we worshipped the Gods of the Market Who promised these beautiful things.

When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

On the first Feminian Sandstones we were promised the Fuller Life
(Which started by loving our neighbour and ended by loving his wife)
Till our women had no more children and the men lost reason and faith,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "The Wages of Sin is Death."

In the Carboniferous Epoch we were promised abundance for all,
By robbing selected Peter to pay for collective Paul;
But, though we had plenty of money, there was nothing our money could buy,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "If you don't work you die."

Then the Gods of the Market tumbled, and their smooth-tongued wizards withdrew
And the hearts of the meanest were humbled and began to believe it was true
That All is not Gold that Glitters, and Two and Two make Four
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings limped up to explain it once more.

As it will be in the future, it was at the birth of Man
There are only four things certain since Social Progress began.
That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire,
And the burnt Fool's bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the Fire;

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins,
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!

Originally Posted by stikshooter

THIS..... I truly believe that is when it started.

Me too.
But at a gentle slope slide until 60's hippie commiefagjunkies.
Then fast slope until clinton.
Now over the edge of the cliff and in free fall.

Wilson.
The so called turn in my opinion started with the depression when family could no longer take care of and protect it kids, and furthered along with the post WW2 era when mothers were no longer home carers but factory workers and the like.

Morals disappeared with the inability of a family to make a living on a single wage!

Phil
Originally Posted by Salmonella
When liberals discovered their best weapon was to poison the impressionable minds of our children, using the public school system as indoctrination camps for their twisted beliefs...
Which would not be effective or possible until the Bible and prayer were removed.

I'm glad that there's nobody in the schools today teaching the kids that the Earth is 6,000 years old, or that dinosaurs went on the Ark with Noah. The kids here are 'already' being indoctrinated with plenty of bull$ch!t as it is.
You have a really good imagination. You must read lots of DC and Marvel offerings. I don't recall those things, or really anything being taught from the Bible. There was daily prayer, but it was short and plain vanilla.

I'll guess you're much happier now to have stories like "Bobby has two mommies" being taught to second graders, so when they grow up in the perverted world you and I have left them, they will be tolerant and not troubled when their kids are having sex with their pets.

I sent my kids to Christian school so they wouldn't have to deal with the failure of conservatives. They know the world is not 6K years old, there was an Ark but no dino's in attendance. So do I.

Nobody knows "when" cancer starts only that it is there, some can be dealt with and some can't. Question is, which kind does this Nation have?
Having lost both my parents and sister in law to cancer, the key is once you know you have it, cut it out. If you wait to long, you're a gonner.

Looking at society at large, I'm thinking the cancer has spread far and wide.
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Which would not be effective or possible until the Bible and prayer were removed.

Well...even the presence of The Bible and prayer in 'churches' doesn't make them (churches) bastions of morality. Ted Haggard, Jimmy Swaggart, Jim and Tammy Fay, etc. ad nauseum. Makin' a kid participate in a prayer before he eats lunch in the school cafeteria ain't a cure-all for the nations ills.
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
....., it's a good vs. evil thing.

I second that. That's what I am seeing.
It sounds like you believe your world would be much better off without Christ's sacrifice. I doubt that would be true for the real world.

The kids here are 'already' being indoctrinated with plenty of bull$ch!t as it is.

I'll guess you're much happier now to have stories like "Bobby has two mommies" being taught to second graders, so when they grow up in the perverted world you and I have left them, they will be tolerant and not troubled when their kids are having sex with their pets.

Bull$ch!t indoctrination is bull$ch!t indoctrination...whether it's promoting fairy tales or promoting gay agenda.
None of it belongs in the schools.
Some want to think that this once great nation became great inspite of it being founded as a Christian nation. They are sadly wrong as this country swings to their godless ways, it will continue to crumble.

The Electoral College votes don't back up the tired old " If Perot hadn't run.... " claim.

But, if all the "conservatives" had voted their conscience, Perot would have won and ended the business as usual crowd in D.C.

I voted for him.

Did you?
It sounds like you believe your world would be much better off without Christ's sacrifice.

I think the kids and their impressionable young minds would be better off without being indoctrinated by 'any' agenda while they're at school...whether it's your agenda, or the gay agenda, or any other agenda.
None of it belongs in the schools.
And it's not in schools anymore. Look how far we've gone as a nation since. A very long way: straight down. Happy?
It sounds like you believe your world would be much better off without Christ's sacrifice.

I think the kids and their impressionable young minds would be better off without being indoctrinated by 'any' agenda while they're at school...whether it's your agenda, or the gay agenda, or any other agenda.
Obscure the truth, no matter the cost. You'd make a great progressive lieberal!

Obscure the truth, no matter the cost. You'd make a great progressive lieberal!

Good God, could you be more in line with what the gov't wants? They don't care which side of this bullschit argument you argue, only that you argue it and not THINK.

You've determined that this empire no longer represents you, correct? So, what next?
I really don't know what you're talking about, so I surmise that makes two of us.
You'd make a great progressive lieberal!

laffin'

One can 'always' count on being called a "liberal" here by certain members of the clique if one simply has a difference of opinion on a particular issue by certain self-professed freedom lovers, patriots, and 'Christians' here.

Ain't no different than RobJordan calling 4ager a '"hater" or a "liberal" simply because 4ager disagrees with him on a particular issue.

It's Way weak in both instances.
I really don't know what you're talking about, so I surmise that makes two of us.

Then you're not paying attention.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/10068630/Why_we%27ve_all_been_played_the_#Post10068630

And, this:

Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by 4ager
This. The empire is falling. It is nigh time to stop building pyramids for the pharaohs and to simply walk away from their yoke.

There comes a point where a man stops thinking in terms of "What is my country?" and starts thinking in tribal terms: "Who are my people?"

It'll be different for each man at first. Some will look no further than their blood family. Other's will look as far as their neighborhood or the county line.

But given time, he'll look a little further out to see who shares the same upbringing he had, the same religion, language and history, and he'll see pockets of his his people, his tribe, in other places.

Maybe those tribal pockets will gather together one day, like beads of water clumping together. Maybe the tribe will be big enough and strong enough, some day, some glacially-slow day, and manage to carve out a new country.

It's an organic thing, though. A man doesn't just wave a flag and expect everyone to suddenly come to the same recognition that he just had. He finds his tribe, and they find him. And then one day, his tribe has suddenly become something bigger than he imagined it was when he saw the news today.

Now, THINK!

laffin'

One can 'always' count on being called a "liberal" here by certain members of the clique if one simply has a difference of opinion on a particular issue by certain self-professed freedom lovers, patriots, and 'Christians'.

Ain't no different than RobJordan calling 4ager a '"hater" simply because 4ager disagrees with him on a particular issue.

Actually, I haven't been called a "hater". I called BarryC a member of the "hate brigade" for his assertion that any "true christian" would lay down their life over the gay marriage issue.

Rob has erroneously called me a "liberal" (with or without $&*@(! type marks in front of it), along with several other factually inaccurate epithets.

laffin'

One can 'always' count on being called a "liberal" here by certain members of the clique if one simply has a difference of opinion on a particular issue by certain self-professed freedom lovers, patriots, and 'Christians' here.

Ain't no different than RobJordan calling 4ager a '"hater" or a "liberal" simply because 4ager disagrees with him on a particular issue.

Not at all. You want to ban the Bible from kids getting a hold of it like it's something evil. The only ones I know of who want to ban those things that for centuries have been held to be sacred are progressives, because they are afraid of morality. It spoils their agenda. So how is that not what you are posting?
I haven't read those threads. I do have to do SOME work while at work, though these days there isn't much to do, thus my frequent forays into frivolity.

BUT, I don't need a moderator. We have one, and that's enough.

I haven't read those threads. I do have to do SOME work while at work, though these days there isn't much to do, thus my frequent forays into frivolity.

BUT, I don't need a moderator. We have one, and that's enough.

I'm not moderating. I'm asking you to pay attention and to think.
[Linked Image]
Some of y'all missed the point of my O P. ALL the things you've listed were bad for the country, but the mechanism for overcoming them wasn't broken.

The Southern states overcame Reconstruction, for instance.

But when the people plainly rejected character in favor of [a promised] prosperity, the mechanism for overcoming bad government decisions was destroyed.
Good answers:

Lincoln - Absolutely. His imaginative reading of the Constitution put the nail in the coffin lid of state's rights and a limited federal government.

Women's suffrage: This undoubtedly changed the way elections go down. We would have a fiercer government if politicians weren't elected by touchy, feely, handsomeness, criteria. Are men's votes just as shallow? Perhaps. But an all male electorate would be consistently fiercer and less involved with frivolous, PC issues.

But I think WWII and Specifically Roosevelt had a lot to do with pushing us over the edge. The Greatest Generation lost their fear of big government after 'temporarily' loosening many of our safeguards for the sake of efficient mobilization. Roosevelt wrote the modern era playbook that brought 'machine politics' out of the corrupt northern cities into the federal sphere. He set the example for packing the court, defying Congress, etc.

And, once we let that genie out of the bottle, we have not been able to put him back. Perhaps the Greatest Generation could have put him back, but we were so afraid of The Bomb and needed a big daddy to keep us all safe, and they'd grown used to big daddy, it was comfortable.

More than the media will ever allow us to know, Roosevelt (and the bureaucracy Truman inherited) also slid us down a path of accommodating and facilitating World Communism, from not keeping Stalin in a box at the end of WWII, to slicing Chang Kai Sheck (sp?) off at the knees to pave the way for Mao, to turning his back on IndoChina so Ho Chi Minh could get his communist takeover going, to refusing to fight to win the Korean War.

Not at all. You want to ban the Bible from kids getting a hold of it like it's something evil. The only ones I know of who want to ban those things that for centuries have been held to be sacred are progressives, because they are afraid of morality. It spoils their agenda. o how is that not what you are posting?

I don't think it, or any other religion belongs in our SCHOOLS in a spiritual context...period.

And 'you' equate THAT with "you want to ban the Bible..."...!

How predictable.

antlers, I wasn't trying to get through just to RickyD. Hint.
I think FDR started us down this slippy slope with his big government handouts..

LBJ really added fuel to the fire when he let the blacks riot all over the country instead of stopping it with force.. Also his pushing us into the Vietnam continued to divide our country.. He committed these acts to cover his hand in that worthless JFK's murder.. If the country was looking at the other events, the JFK deal would be swept under the rug..

500, I used to feel the same way you do about Abe. But I have changed my opinion of him for one reason.. Although he may have push us in to the Civil War, he had a plan for after the war.. He was going to ship all the blacks back to Africa.. We never hear about this plan, but from what I have read, it was true.. He knew and tried to avoid the trouble than he knew would happen if they remained here..

Not at all. You want to ban the Bible from kids getting a hold of it like it's something evil. The only ones I know of who want to ban those things that for centuries have been held to be sacred are progressives, because they are afraid of morality. It spoils their agenda. o how is that not what you are posting?

I don't think it, or any other religion belongs in our SCHOOLS in a spiritual context...period.

How predictable.

Yeah, when they mean the same thing, taking them as the same could be predicted. We agree.
Originally Posted by GunReader
Good answers:

Lincoln - Absolutely. His imaginative reading of the Constitution put the nail in the coffin lid of state's rights and a limited federal government.

Women's suffrage: This undoubtedly changed the way elections go down. We would have a fiercer government if politicians weren't elected by touchy, feely, handsomeness, criteria. Are men's votes just as shallow? Perhaps. But an all male electorate would be consistently fiercer and less involved with frivolous, PC issues.

But I think WWII and Specifically Roosevelt had a lot to do with pushing us over the edge. The Greatest Generation lost their fear of big government after 'temporarily' loosening many of our safeguards for the sake of efficient mobilization. Roosevelt wrote the modern era playbook that brought 'machine politics' out of the corrupt northern cities into the federal sphere. He set the example for packing the court, defying Congress, etc.

And, once we let that genie out of the bottle, we have not been able to put him back. Perhaps the Greatest Generation could have put him back, but we were so afraid of The Bomb and needed a big daddy to keep us all safe, and they'd grown used to big daddy, it was comfortable.

More than the media will ever allow us to know, Roosevelt (and the bureaucracy Truman inherited) also slid us down a path of accommodating and facilitating World Communism, from not keeping Stalin in a box at the end of WWII, to slicing Chang Kai Sheck (sp?) off at the knees to pave the way for Mao, to turning his back on IndoChina so Ho Chi Minh could get his communist takeover going, to refusing to fight to win the Korean War.

Not bad. I would agree with everything except the last paragraph.

How predictable.

Yeah, when they mean the same thing, taking them as the same could be predicted.

You are a prime example of why I do not want 'your' version of self-professed 'Christianity' (or any other agenda) taught in our SCHOOLS. You say things based on what 'you' want them to be...instead of what they 'are'.

The decorative clothing of the Pharisees would fit you well.
Ok, I think I've got it: you don't want the Bible in schools but you don't want to ban it, and those are mutually exclusive concepts.

I'm a delusional person with a dangerous view of Christianity everything and shouldn't be allowed around kids.

Oh, and I look good in gaudy clothes from 2000 years ago.

Yeah, well, thanks for the discussion. grin
11/22/63 about 12:30 dallas time
At the end of the day, as long as we are paying taxes, we are funding the machine.

Stop paying taxes, stop the problem.
Nothing surprising here! The SCOTUS also upheld this...even though it was NOT RATIFIED:

http://www.14th-amendment.com/Misce...Ratified/14th_Amendment_Not_Ratified.pdf
Originally Posted by heavywalker
At the end of the day, as long as we are paying taxes, we are funding the machine.

THAT'S THE FACT, JACK..!

And if you're b!tch!n' about what state another guy chooses to live in because it's a 'liberal' state, or proclaiming that you're boycotting a particular product because they support something you don't believe in...but you're still livin' in the United States and payin' taxes to the federal government...then you're gaggin' at gnats and swallowin' camels.
Look no further than TR, WW and FDR.

This is full blown terminal, metastatic progressivism.
I've thought about this before, when alla 'this' started....

Go into your local high school, and look at the graduating class pictures that hang on the wall. Note the pictures of young men and women wearing suits and dresses for their pictures in the early years. Then proceed down the line, you will notice that at some point the suits and dresses disappear and are replaced with a statement of individuality.

Just an observation...

THAT'S THE FACT, JACK..!

And if you're b!tch!n' about what state another guy chooses to live in because it's a 'liberal' state, or proclaiming that you're boycotting a particular product because they support something you don't believe in...but you're still livin' in the United States and payin' taxes to the federal government...then you're gaggin' at gnats and swallowin' camels.

An excellent point. Now, how to get around that to what comes next?

The war hero lost because the liberal media wanted the draft dodger in the white house. His tax "promise" was a minor issue that was blown out of proportion. And, of course there was Iran/Contra to play for the masses until an unproven accusation became truth.
kwg
kwg
Originally Posted by kwg020
His tax "promise" was a minor issue that was blown out of proportion.

No $ch!t...?

A flat-a$$ lie is no big deal...?

A flat-a$$ lie IS a big deal...whether it comes from a Republican or a Democrat.

THAT'S THE FACT, JACK..!

Well, we'd need a leader, to lead us. Who'd it be?

^^^THIS!!!^^^. Perot screwd us all in that fuggin election!!! mad

THAT'S THE FACT, JACK..!

4ager, you obviously have something in mind. I would like to read about it.
I think the bigger question is - Whats it going to take to put a stop to "IT"? ...if its even possible at this point.
A flat-a$$ lie IS a big deal...whether it comes from a Republican or a Democrat.

Ah, but the news never champions the cause when a Democrat lies. Think about all the ones from Bill Clinton, and Obama. miles
Originally Posted by milespatton

Ah, but the news never champions the cause when a Democrat lies. Think about all the ones from Bill Clinton, and Obama. miles

If one based the legitimacy of a lie on whether or not the news media acknowledged it as so, that might matter.

No. It was Lincoln who saved the Union and Constitution to convert the latter into an instrument of despotism. It (the problem) started with Oliver Wendell Holmes.
© 24hourcampfire