Home
http://m.kissrocks.com/news/news/national/man-poses-armored-truck-employee-walks-out-walmart/nmrnw/

Fox23

BRISTOW, Okla. —

Police said a man walked out of a Walmart with more than $75,000 after pretending to be a Loomis armored truck employee.

The man went into the store at 10:38 a.m. and told employees he was there to pick up the deposit. He was given the money and walked out.

No one realized the man wasn't legitimate until after 11 a.m. when the real truck guard showed up for the deposit.
- See more at: http://m.kissrocks.com/news/news/na...-out-walmart/nmrnw/#sthash.sPsvm4iq.dpuf
I give him an 8 out 10 for ingenuity.

A 9 out of 10 for ballz.
Ones like this you can almost respect. Sure, he's still a fricking thief, but he's a thief with style.
How would you like to be the store manager explaining this one to the corporate office?
The thief should run for political office. He has the qualifications for sure.
Originally Posted by kend
The thief should run for political office. He has the qualifications for sure.

Yep.

And he's used to spending OPM... smile
I would bet the guy was an acquaintance of an actual Loomis employee or has been employed by Loomis in the past. Def an inside job.
You think there might be a little more to picking up deposits than saying "I am here for the money". Costume shops will have a run on security guard uniforms. How do do you arrest someone who just asked for the money? Sounds like I would be talking to walmart employee.
Watch the movie "Catch Me if You Can" so you can see just how much a person can get away with if he has the nerve to do it.
No secret password ?
Bet he didn't get any rimfire ammo

"... Police said the man pretended to be a Loomis employee there to collect the store’s bank deposit. The employees at Walmart believed him.

The man did not use a weapon or threaten the employees. He wore what appeared to be a Loomis uniform but it lacked a logo and police said the vest did not look bulletproof.

“It looked similar to a weight running vest,” said police Detective Kevin Webster.

The man did not even ride in an armored vehicle that Loomis employees always use. He arrived and left in a black Chevrolet.

- See more at: http://www.fox23.com/news/news/loca...istow-walmar/nmrj7/#sthash.s5I5N7qX.dpuf

Wouldn't have happened here in West Virginia.

They can't seem to find enough employees to open the new store.
Originally Posted by tmitch

Probably not but now he can afford to buy it from the scalpers. smile
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
No secret password ?

It's a good thing we have the 'secret handshake' here on the fire, aint it?
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
How would you like to be the store manager explaining this one to the corporate office?
Reminds me of the movie "The Sting", when Motolla realizes he's been had by a grifter.. Ends up with a boolit in the eye..

Wonder if the store manager has seen the movie? laugh laugh
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Reminds me of the movie "The Sting", when Motolla realizes he's been had by a grifter.. Ends up with a boolit in the eye..

Wonder if the store manager has seen the movie? laugh laugh

I doubt it. But if he has his nerves may be a bit jangled smile
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Watch the movie "Catch Me if You Can" so you can see just how much a person can get away with if he has the nerve to do it.

Or an episode of Trailer Park Boys. grin
Originally Posted by Szumi
Originally Posted by tmitch

Probably not but now he can afford to buy it from the scalpers. smile

Doubt it. He only got $75,000.....
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Ones like this you can almost respect. Sure, he's still a fricking thief, but he's a thief with style.

And a lot of cash.
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

And a lot of cash.

To some, it's a lot. To others, chump change. I personally could live off of that for a minimum of 3 years.
Manager and Manager's Step-daughter arrested...

[b][color:#3333FF]Link...![/color][/b]

BRISTOW, Oklahoma - The manager of the Walmart in Bristow has been arrested in connection with the theft of more than $75,000 in cash on July 4.

Bristow Police identified the manager as Rico Robertson. They said his 21-year-old stepdaughter, Mariah Bustamante, is also in custody in the theft.

Witnesses told police a man with a gun and bulletproof vest walked into the Walmart on the afternoon of July 4, 2015 and claimed to be an armored truck driver.

The employees who handed over the cash told police they didn't realized the error until the real Loomis truck came to make the scheduled pickup about 30 minutes later.

The man got away with more than $75,000 in cash, according to investigators. Police are still looking for that man.

He was driving a newer-model Chevrolet Malibu that was all black, including the wheels. Police have not said what they believe his connection is to Robertson.
What a freakin' surprise! crazy
I guess the manager wont be getting that raise this year. grin
© 24hourcampfire