Home
Posted By: 6mm250 So , I Have a 16' Boat For Sale - 07/06/15
and it says right in the title to the ad "16' Boat"

Then someone sends me an email asking "how long is it?"

I am mystificated.

Can anyone here tell me how long this 16' boat is ?

Does anyone know fer sure ???

Mike

I have a 19 foot boat that is 18 feet 6 inches long.
You should reply that you have no idea so bring a tape measure if you want to see it.
Somebody that stupid shouldn't be allowed to live.
Write em back and tell em "it's about 192 inches long."
Centerline is probably about 15'2". They usually measure small boats at the gunwale, which is of course longer.
Oh boy

From to replies so far this schit is way more complicated than I thought.

Mike
Reminds me of going through the drive thru and asking for a Coke. Probably half the team I get the reply, "diet or regular?"

WTF did I ask for?
Tell them 4.8 meters. Ask them if they're okay purchasing a Metric boat.
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Tell them 4.8 meters. Ask them if they're okay purchasing a Metric boat.

4.8!

That's wayyy to short. eek eek
Yup...I had a 38 ft Sea Ray that was actually 42 feet. Swim platform and pulpit adds differed from the data sheet.

Makes a big difference for someone wanting to garage a smaller boat. Trailer as well. In my case, it also cost me more to dock in Annapolis because they went bow to stern and in actual measurements. They didn't care what the date sheet said.

Not saying the guy is a dummy but his question is simply a qualifier.
2 happiest days of a boat owners life!!

Mike
Yup...I am so glad to be rid of mine.

I am down to a 16 feet John....Oh wait 17.3689 with the outboard!! grin
Originally Posted by byc
Yup...I am so glad to be rid of mine.

I am down to a 16 feet John....Oh wait 17.3689 with the outboard!! grin

This'un don't have a outboard , that's just another complification

Mike
exactly my point!!

Hey BTW....where did shreck go? Did he land another redhead?? grin
Originally Posted by byc

Hey BTW....where did shreck go? Did he land another redhead?? grin

Damnifino , I haven't heard a peep out of him in a while

Mike
He hasn't been on here in a couple weeks

shreck (Member #5660)
User
Registered On: Tue Jun 01 2004 04:20 PM

Maybe the red headed commie kilt him

Mike

So what is the mystery here? There isn't a fisherman in the world knows what a measurement in length is. How many times have you seen a fisherman call a 14 inch fish, 20 inches. The only bigger liar is a jogger when you ask him how far he ran this morning...
Originally Posted by shrapnel

So what is the mystery here? There isn't a fisherman in the world knows what a measurement in length is. How many times have you seen a fisherman call a 14 inch fish, 20 inches. The only bigger liar is a jogger when you ask him how far he ran this morning...

Or the best group you ever got shooting your Kimber! smile
No truer words.... smile
We sold our flats boat that said 16'9 on the side last year (17 ft), and had to put the phone in the other end of the house.

Bottom line, if you know what the phug it is and what you're looking for, buy it!

Ours was a Ferrari loaded. One dumbazz finally figured it out after I told him the guy sitting in the yard right behind him will buy it, if you don't.
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Reminds me of going through the drive thru and asking for a Coke. Probably half the team I get the reply, "diet or regular?"

WTF did I ask for?

Probably half the time, if they assume, the customer complains.
Don't get mad at them for trying to make sure it's what you want
My 23' boat is a fuzz over 30' on the trailer. I never realized how different it was from my 18' boat till I parked them side by side.
Just to help keep things in perspective, want to consider what size motor the old 450 has in it....speaking of embellishments and other tales?
Originally Posted by okok
No truer words.... smile

Or a [bleep] fan
Or, it could be, that the caller had been calling about several boats and just had a temporary brain fart like so many normal people do, unlike the infallible geniuses that populate 24 hour campfire.
Fred, being an infallible genius is more of a curse than a blessing.....

grin
Originally Posted by Royce
Or, it could be, that the caller had been calling about several boats and just had a temporary brain fart like so many normal people do, unlike the infallible geniuses that populate 24 hour campfire.

I just sold two boats after listing one of them on Craigslist.

No matter what you say in your ad, Craigslist has a place where you MUST list the actual length of the boat.

The reason is that someone, sometime in the past, listed a boat for sale at a very good price. The picture in the ad showed a very good boat. The seller required a deposit via C C [from several different callers] to"hold the boat until I get there.

Upon arrival, they were shown a nice little model about 12 inches long. THAT'S what was shown in the picture, so there was nothing illegal about the deal.
Believe me, being infallible or genius, much less both, is not in my frame of reference of things to worry about- smile
Excuse me, bartender.....Whats in a Gin and Tonic?

Uhhmmm......Vodka and sperm. You're not allergic to vodka are you?
© 24hourcampfire