Home
Enclosed is a link to a new census bureau revelation where it explains that more than 52,000,000 (fifty two million!) Americans are now on welfare!
This country can not exist for long borrowing money from China to pay non-producers to lounge around and "exist"!

http://freebeacon.com/issues/one-in...vernment-assistance-programs-each-month/

Sad.
I fear for the future of this country.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
its gotta be more than one in 5 around here....
1 in 5 people in the world are Muslim, I don't know which is worse...
1 in 5,,,is that all?
If the repub-low-craps have there way and we get a couple more free trade deals.
1 and 5 will go even higher.
dave
Posted By: 4ager Re: 1 in 5 Americans On Welfare! - 07/07/15
Add in those on Social Security (56M; 20%), and those incarcerated (1%), as well as the real unemployment rate of about 15%, and you come up to 56% not producing tax revenue. Now, add in the 7.5% that are governmental employees and you come to 63.5% living directly off the gov't dole. When the government contractors are added in, you quickly reach or exceed 70%.

That leaves only 30% of the population NOT working for or being paid by the government. Some percentage of that 30% are children not already counted in the totals above, so call them 10% to be safe.

The one in five number may be a better depiction of actual producers in the U.S. economy.
I kinda figured I was carrying about five of those parasites on my back all these years.
Posted By: Royce Re: 1 in 5 Americans On Welfare! - 07/07/15
A lot of those that are counted as on welfare are working poor who get housing assistance, food stamps, etc- They are not all totally non working.figures I just looked up shows 3/4 of those welfare payments, (which includes social security, food stamps housing assistence) goes to the dialed and elderly, and 9% goes to non disabled non elderly people.
But the scarcity of actual producers in this economy is a huge factor- And, it seems the people that have managed to interject themselves into the market and skim off some of the cream are compensated much better than the plumber or policeman or car builder. The health insurance companies are one of my pet peeves- They started out as a way of spreading risk, which benefited everyone, or at least we thought it did. Now, the health insurance industry skims billions out of the health care budget, and pays it's executives lavishly.
The finance industry (credit cards, etc) now consumes 15% of the GDP, has record profits, and typical credit card rates are above what used to be banned as usury.
We subsidize single family households that produce large percentages of uneducated and unemployable children, and punish traditional households that produce large percentages of educated youth with a strong work ethics. What could go wrong with that formula.
And that 1 in 5 figure doesn't factor in all the local, state and federal employees whose jobs are to cater to those on wellfare.

I came to the conclusion some time ago that roughly 1/3 do all the work, 1/3 are pretty much useless, and 1/3 do more harm than good.
Originally Posted by dave7mm
If the repub-low-craps have there way and we get a couple more free trade deals.
dave

Yeah we are about to get our pants pulled down to our ankles by a trade deal created by your leader and helped thru the house by Republicans.

Clinton passed Nafta and the normalization of China trade deals..guess he was a replublocrap as well?
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
And that 1 in 5 figure doesn't factor in all the local, state and federal employees whose jobs are to cater to those on wellfare.

I came to the conclusion some time ago that roughly 1/3 do all the work, 1/3 are pretty much useless, and 1/3 do more harm than good.

One is supposed to learn by life lessons and experiences of others. Idiots in our govt have seen the abject failure that the USSR and Communist china was and currently the EU and they still push in that direction.
Originally Posted by Royce
A lot of those that are counted as on welfare are working poor who get housing assistance, food stamps, etc- They are not all totally non working.figures I just looked up shows 3/4 of those welfare payments, (which includes social security, food stamps housing assistence) goes to the dialed and elderly, and 9% goes to non disabled non elderly people.
But the scarcity of actual producers in this economy is a huge factor- And, it seems the people that have managed to interject themselves into the market and skim off some of the cream are compensated much better than the plumber or policeman or car builder. The health insurance companies are one of my pet peeves- They started out as a way of spreading risk, which benefited everyone, or at least we thought it did. Now, the health insurance industry skims billions out of the health care budget, and pays it's executives lavishly.
The finance industry (credit cards, etc) now consumes 15% of the GDP, has record profits, and typical credit card rates are above what used to be banned as usury.

A couple things.

First Finance does not "consume" 15% of GDP, it PRODUCES 15% of our GDP. Historically, financials are the single largest component of the S&P 500, (it's currently information technology), and make up a lot more then just credit cards. They include the large home lenders like Wells Fargo, Investment banking and brokerage, and Insurance. Every significant business in America operates with a line of credit. Without access to capital, business quickly collapse and GDP along with them.

As for health insurance companies, they DO diversify risk. Years ago it was suggested that hospitals could act as their own insurance companies, cutting out the middle man. This did not go will. It didn't take long to discover that hospital administrators did not have the proper skill sets to administer plans, and hospitals also lacked geographical diversification. In addition, hospitals could fall victim to local demographics. As a result this idea resulted it the bankruptcy of many hospitals. As for "excessive" profits in the health insurance industry, that's just a red herring. Compared to other S&P sectors, they actually have repetitively narrow profit margins. As for their "skimming", in many ways, just the opposite is true. They were the only one's with market power to keep hospital rates in check. Now through there new unholy alliance with government, the entire system is in doubt.

As for the 52 million figure, it's like you said. If someone collects a benefit for one month, they are counted. I'd be interested to see what those figures look like with adjusted for only part year participants.
"They were the only one's with market power to keep hospital rates in check"
Haven't done a very good job, have they?? smile
"They were the only one's with market power to keep hospital rates in check"
Haven't done a very good job, have they?? smile

It is a complex problem. A seriously sick individual is not in a very good position to negotiate with a hospital over price. The use of a insurance company creates it's own economic problems, i.e. an exchange of goods and services where neither the buyer nor seller has an incentive to control costs, because they are paid for by a third party.

In addition Oobie care hasn't helped. None of those entitlements are free.
Originally Posted by Seafire

In my county I feel safe in saying 50% are on some form of welfare. I'm not including unemployment or social security, neither of which are welfare.
Well hell, don't forget all the farms, ranches and dairy farmers on the dole, not to mention all the big corporations... or all those receiving tax-breaks just for having kids. Probably more like 99.9%

Phil
mesicans are americans too grin
Originally Posted by Seafire

I see you are a resident of southern Oregon. In the past, before it was illegal to engage in the lumber and wood products industry, it was almost impossible not to be employed in that area for any length of time. Wages at one time were adequate to support a family, buy a home, etc..
I suspect if there is one thing that is the root cause of all problems, corruption would be a likely candidate for that root cause. Very few of our systems work as intended, from elections, to the court system to the economy, even to the military. Sad fact, when things get bad, the first thing people want to do is trash the constitution when I think it's our best and only hope. I would hate to see this country turned into a one party dictator ship, which I think some people are longing for.
Posted By: EdM Re: 1 in 5 Americans On Welfare! - 07/07/15
Originally Posted by 4ager
Add in those on Social Security (56M; 20%), and those incarcerated (1%), as well as the real unemployment rate of about 15%, and you come up to 56% not producing tax revenue. Now, add in the 7.5% that are governmental employees and you come to 63.5% living directly off the gov't dole. When the government contractors are added in, you quickly reach or exceed 70%.

That leaves only 30% of the population NOT working for or being paid by the government. Some percentage of that 30% are children not already counted in the totals above, so call them 10% to be safe.

The one in five number may be a better depiction of actual producers in the U.S. economy.

And so what is it one does rather than just publish stats?
Posted By: dingo Re: 1 in 5 Americans On Welfare! - 07/08/15
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
1 in 5,,,is that all?

In Australia its 1 in 4

Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
dave

Yeah we are about to get our pants pulled down to our ankles by a trade deal created by your leader and helped thru the house by Republicans.

Clinton passed Nafta and the normalization of China trade deals..guess he was a replublocrap as well?

Free trade and sucking chi-com itcho to get a higher stock price for there corporate masters is what the repub-low-crap party platform is all about.
These free trade deals always happen when repub-low-craps have both houses.

dave
makes you wonder what the percentages are in cities like Detroit, Baltimore, Chicago, Atlanta, DC, Houston, LA, FRisco among the urban minorities??
dave

Free trade and sucking chi-com itcho to get a higher stock price for there corporate masters is what the repub-low-crap party platform is all about.

dave

So why did Clinton pass them ? Was he too busy diddling Monica?
Posted By: 4ager Re: 1 in 5 Americans On Welfare! - 07/08/15
dave

dave

Ah, the PA "unionista" is touting "freedom" and "free enterprise". The irony is rich.
Seafire: I worked a patrol district in central Seattle back in the late 1960's and early 1970's back then the common urban welfare rats actually got a CHECK each month from the "guvmint"!
So's these fine folks would cash their checks and whoop it up in various ways for a few days on their "hard earned" monies.
Then they would sober up and realize they were out of cash and call the local POH-lice to file a "theft" report.
Once they had filed the report and obtained a case number they could go down to the local welfare office and obtain MORE funds!
I actually took 3 (three!) theft reports from one welfare mammy in less than 60 days!
Seems "the thief" would only take her cash during the dark of night while she and her welfare spawn slept???
We (the POH-lice) always "warned" the report filer that they could be prosecuted for making a false report but I never heard of the welfare doler outers filing charges against any of their "clients".
The liberals at the top of the welfare system finally grew tired of this fiasco and eventually began making rent payments to welfare landlords directly to them and gave the welfare cretins credit cards for food.
Tragically the welfare culture/lifestyle/mentality is growing faster than the United States can borrow money from China - in other words the United States of America is BANKRUPT.
Don't get me wrong, the common American negro is not the only species to tend to take advantage of liberal guilt and stupidity.
There are plenty of white folks and other minorities taking advantage of this destructive welfare system!
But negroes have by far the highest percentage of their folks on welfare compared to any other minority!
I have NEVER come across a devout Jew on welfare!
Anyone ever seen such a thing?
Sadly these welfare bitches/scum (of all stripes!) are making it tough on unfortunate folks who are not physically/mentally capable of making it on their own in society.
My solution is an aggressive hoard of "welfare investigators" who actually go OUT and investigate and drug test welfare recipients before they get and continue to get any money/benefits.
Sadly, as long as the demonrats are in the office of the presidency that will NEVER happen!
Republicans have a share of the blame in this human destruction program called welfare!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
It will get worse before it gets better!
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Enclosed is a link to a new census bureau revelation where it explains that more than 52,000,000 (fifty two million!) Americans are now on welfare!
This country can not exist for long borrowing money from China to pay non-producers to lounge around and "exist"!

http://freebeacon.com/issues/one-in...vernment-assistance-programs-each-month/

Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

...and almost half of those are black. Do the math.
I suspect if there is one thing that is the root cause of all problems, corruption would be a likely candidate for that root cause.

I've done statistical work on this subject, and your are correct. The single most powerful correlation with per capita GDP I could find was corruption.
© 24hourcampfire