Home
Christ what is this world coming to??????????

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/07/17/navy-bans-fried-food-sailors/?intcmp=features
Posted By: RWE Re: Banning fried food in the Navy - 07/17/15
tofu and Caitlyn Jenner wheaties, bro.
The new camo uniforms with the pink flowers will soon be on their way to the fleet.

It sure as hell is NOT my Navy. mad
OUTRAGE!!!
Bastids!
Just the other day I was encouraging young son to sign up. I'll have to call now and retract that suggestion. Sad indeed.
Originally Posted by RWE
...Caitlyn Jenner wheaties...

Wait for it.....
It's bad enough all the crap they boil, now it has to be baked??????????

Baked fries suck, fried chicken is better than baked. Sure as hell glad I was only on ship for 3 months floating around with them!
Coming to a store near you soon.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Scott F
The new camo uniforms with the pink flowers will soon be on their way to the fleet.

It sure as hell is NOT my Navy. mad

Ditto.
What the hell is the flight deck crew supposed to eat!? We barely had time to get down to the grill and get a slider or a roller and get back up on deck. Most of the time they were sending us bologna sandwiches in a box lunch as it was. Now they're going to take away the one hot meal we could get sometimes!? Sheesh!
If I've been airborne for 6 hours strapped into a Martin Baker ejection seat over bad guy country and managed to wrestle 50,000 lbs of jet back aboard a pitching deck of an aircraft carrier at night. You think a side of fries to go with my Midrats slider is the most dangerous thing I've taken on today?

You have got a really f'ed up view of what we do. crazy
Originally Posted by 1minute
Just the other day I was encouraging young son to sign up. I'll have to call now and retract that suggestion. Sad indeed.

I served 7 years active and 17 years reserve. If I were to do it over again I would only consider the Coast guard.
Originally Posted by ironbender

[Linked Image]

I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that!
next they will be comparing that with Lauren Bacall or Marilyn!
I hear a big swirling sucking sound getting louder and louder as we are flushed.
Originally Posted by ironbender

[Linked Image]

Seems more appropriate on a box of Fruit Loops
Would you guys quit quoting that! Come on! I don't want to see it any more.
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
What the hell is the flight deck crew supposed to eat!? We barely had time to get down to the grill and get a slider or a roller and get back up on deck. Most of the time they were sending us bologna sandwiches in a box lunch as it was. Now they're going to take away the one hot meal we could get sometimes!? Sheesh!

Balogna is good for you. grin
Seat belts, cigarettes, now diet. Beer/alcohol is next.

Travis
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Seems more appropriate on a box of Fruit Loops

that is correct.

[Linked Image]

Or, a new cereal.

[Linked Image]
Lol !
I guess Barney Clarks will no longer be on the menu up in the dirty shirt...
Liberal Government controlling our lives............

Every part except the one where any yahoo with a religious fanaticism other than Christianity can travel to and from hotbeds of terrorism and eventually kill US Marines. That's okay. It's not, okay, of course, for those Marines to carry firearms (despite more than thorough training) nor apparently for them to eat french fries. We have to control things so they don't get hurt. Except, of course, accidentally by someone from the religion of peace.
I'm more disgusted that the Navy actually feeds their members. With 237 million children going to bed hungry in this country and all the homeless, how can the Navy justify feeding people with a job?

Shameful....
I smoke my Cigs with my seat belt unbuckled. I am a Badass. grin

Originally Posted by deflave

Travis
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
I smoke my Cigs with my seat belt unbuckled. I am a Badass. grin

Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Put a beer in your other hand and you'll make the FBI's watch list.

Travis
More fresh fruits and vegetables. Watermelon, corn on the cob and in place of fried chicken , baked ! Stupid twat! What does she know? She's not comfortable in Museums , Opera Houses and other places where the arts perform.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm more disgusted that the Navy actually feeds their members. With 237 million children going to bed hungry in this country and all the homeless, how can the Navy justify feeding people with a job?

Shameful....

Spot on! Let those navy dudes catch fish if they wan to eat!
Let them eat cake. whistle
laugh
The military already has more than it's fair share of institutional stupid. It's worse when it's being run by leftists.
I think every guy thats considering entering the service should make their first stop at the Navy recruiting office, even if their not considering the Navy. That way they could walk into the recruiting office and the first question out of there mouth should be "Is it true the Navy did away with all fried foods"? After hearing the answer, they should all turn around and say "screw this, I'll go join another branch of the service", and walk out. Wonder how long it would take them to scrap the new directive if they weren't signing anybody up?
Seriously.. no fried food and the world is coming to a end.

What makes you think they won't do that with the other services as well? After all anything that lowers the troops moral id good for the service, right?
Paul B.
Look at the bright side.
Maybe we'll get to see too many cheeseburger eatin Michelle starve to death....

Like normal Africans do.

Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Seriously.. no fried food and the world is coming to a end.

Wait until you have been working your a$$ off day and night for a month, you are exhausted and hungry and it is chitlins night.
I've eaten in Navy chow halls, there are some things that are only edible - if only barely - fried.

Good friggin' grief.
Good thing I'm working a cush desk job, I would have never imagined what working my azz off was like.

Easy six figures with little or no work..
Good thing I'm working a cush desk job, I would have never imagined what working my azz off was like.

Never said, implied or even thought you do not work your a$$ off. I have seen the pictures of what you do. But you get to sleep in a bed at night and it you don't need to sleep holding on to a stanchion to keep from being thrown out. I also doube yo ever work 4 on and 8 off then also work the 8 regular working hours then have drills and real casualties during your off time. Do it for a couple of months, seven days a week, no family, no mail, no phone and no e-mail. Then sit down and enjoy your Chitlins while playing games in the North Atlantic.

How many years did you serve? I forgot.
It's a new world brother.........it's Been coming on for awhile now.
[video:youtube]http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw[/video]
JFC, Scott, did they knew you had a puzzy when you enlisted?

We've done a year of work since April 1. At 8,000' ASL. In the middle of nowhere. We'll do another year before November 1. If lack of fried food is slowing someone up, they'll need to get the fugg back to town and hold down the couch with the other fat fugs on the freakshow.

Waaah.. I can't have hush puppies under way..

Don't get me started on fireline food..

Waaah, my sandwich is cold!

250 yard pour? What do you mean we can't go to lunch? I quit if I can't get french fries!

"JFC, Scott, did they knew you had a puzzy when you enlisted?"

SMACK! that has to hurt.
You are clueless. I have poured big concrete. Move it in wheelbarrows for 12+ hours a day. I know hard work just as I am sure you do but nothing was as exhausting as sea time. Nothing. If you have not been there then you just don't know.
This thread made me hungry.
Taters and onions are sliced.
Butter and olive oil are heating up.

The little skillet has two pounds burger w sliced green and red peppers and dave's rib rub garlic and Cajun generously sprinkled in this morning's left over bacon grease.
I'm gonna eat.
Wheelbarrows? Fried food certainly made you stupid, besides fat.

We use fugging pumps.

I'm joining the coast guard 'cause they have french fries!
We need to enter her in the ugly dog contest.also is it time to play Cowboys and Muslims yet?
Originally Posted by Scott F
You are clueless. I have poured big concrete. Move it in wheelbarrows for 12+ hours a day. I know hard work just as I am sure you do but nothing was as exhausting as sea time. Nothing. If you have not been there then you just don't know.

Since you're old, you're just a puzzy, Scott. Some will tease you, because they're too stupid to have the IQ to realize that all too soon they'll be puzzies too. wink
Rancho,

I've no doubt you work hard.

Scott was a f'kin' Navy diver and welder. That schit ain't easy, to put it mildly. The dude pulled his weight and then some whilst in uniform, and afterward.

The concept of the Navy pulling all fried foods from the chow line is PC bullschit. That same order impacts Marines, and I'm not sure you'll say that humping a f'kin' ruck for dozens of klics per day, or carrying ordinance, or all the other fun schit that jar heads do is "puzzy labor". Grunts spend a helluva lot of time in the field, eating crap delivered in a paper bag if you're lucky but most often field stripped out of a plastic bag and carried with you. When you get back to base, a Navy chow hall is what you've got, and there ain't any multiple choice options. It's even worse when deployed and you're DAMN happy to get back to a Navy ship or chow hall after doing what needs to get done in the field. A few extra calories and some extra fat don't go to the waist line; it goes to replenish energy reserves and put some pounds back on that you burned off and might actually need.

All this is is a PC attempt to weaken the morale and strength of what is left of the Armed Forces. Schit, they can't even eat during daylight while in or around Muslims nations, now they can't get certain American dishes anywhere at all.

Oh 4, you and Scott just dont know whats good for you. You should mind your manners and bow to what the mooshell wants you to.

PS Rancho knows all of that he just gets off dumping on old farts.
I got no beef with Rancho. I think he's wrong on attacking Scott over this, and wrong on his take on the matter, though.
Youre right, but those who fear something have to attack it, and some dont want those with age around reminding them of it.
Originally Posted by eyeball
Youre right, but those who fear something have to attack it, and some dont want those with age around reminding them of it.

No clue what you think Rancho might be afeared of, or what old farts have to do with reminding him of it.
Is there no end to what you girls whine about on here?

If you're tough enough to dive, you're tough enough to get over not having french fries while deployed.

Wheelbarrows? Fried food certainly made you stupid, besides fat.

We use fugging pumps.

I'm joining the coast guard 'cause they have french fries!

Wheelbarrows, that is what they used before you were born Jr.

But we agree on the Coast Guard but for different reasons. I eat almost nothing fried but to take away from out troops is just asinine. But then again you obviously know more about life at sea than I do. I only served 24 years. How many years did you serve? I keep forgetting.

If you're tough enough to dive, you're tough enough to get over not having french fries while deployed.

Missing the point. Entirely.
Yep. I am trying to be nice. I am quite sure he is a man accustomed to hard work. I admire that. But I seem to be unable to convince him life at sea is a little different than what he has experienced.
Here's a little hint:

Take your average grunt Marine. He's been in Afghanistan for about a year. No pork of any description; mostly MREs. Been shot at, had stuff blow up all around him. Pulled parts of his buddies out of the mud and dust; scraped some off of himself. Finally gets rotated out, to somewhere in the MidEast; still no pork; no eating during daylight for months of the year; still having schit blow up around him. Now, finally, gets on a ship. He's probably 25-30 pounds lighter than he was a year ago, if not more. He's finally headed home, or at least closer. And, he might finally get some chow that ain't in a bag.

"Sorry, Marine; no fried chicken, no fried pork chops; no chicken fried steak; no French fries". Not on the ship; not back in the states on base; nada.

Reckon that helps morale? All the kid wants is some food that tastes a little like home. Reckon he MIGHT have earned that? Of all the schit he does, the food ain't the top line of things that will kill him.
I know what types I have to get the smelling salts ready for before I start trying to dig a piece of milled, embedded steel out of a guys eye.
I know what types I have to get the smelling salts ready for before I start trying to dig a piece of milled, embedded steel out of a guys eye.

Smelling salts, Hell. You go digging around my eyes and you had best put me under first. You get trained on some of what the Taliban and Al Queda like to do in that regard and tell me it don't give you nightmares or have you to the point of not dealing what what you describe while conscious.
It's obvious there is more bitching and whining here than at a menopause seminar, but the way the military is being run is a legitimate gripe IMO.

Originally Posted by 4ager
Here's a little hint:

Take your average grunt Marine. He's been in Afghanistan for about a year. No pork of any description; mostly MREs. Been shot at, had stuff blow up all around him. Pulled parts of his buddies out of the mud and dust; scraped some off of himself. Finally gets rotated out, to somewhere in the MidEast; still no pork; no eating during daylight for months of the year; still having schit blow up around him. Now, finally, gets on a ship. He's probably 25-30 pounds lighter than he was a year ago, if not more. He's finally headed home, or at least closer. And, he might finally get some chow that ain't in a bag.

"Sorry, Marine; no fried chicken, no fried pork chops; no chicken fried steak; no French fries". Not on the ship; not back in the states on base; nada.

Reckon that helps morale? All the kid wants is some food that tastes a little like home. Reckon he MIGHT have earned that? Of all the schit he does, the food ain't the top line of things that will kill him.

Your marine like my sailor are in the service. That means to some they deserve to do without. That means food and that means the right to self defence.

Those who serve, serve so spoiled leaches can tell service members what they cannot do or have. Something is wrong with this picture. Guess I will never understand.

We've done a year of work since April 1. At 8,000' ASL. In the middle of nowhere. We'll do another year before November 1. If lack of fried food is slowing someone up, they'll need to get the fugg back to town and hold down the couch with the other fat fugs on the freakshow.

250 yard pour? What do you mean we can't go to lunch? I quit if I can't get french fries!

You get to go home at all in that year? See your wife? Do you have a target on your work site 24/7? Did you have a drink in that time? Pussy?

Food IS morale.
Posted By: EdM Re: Banning fried food in the Navy - 07/17/15
Seems a healthier Marine would be a better Marine? When I was working 28/12 rotations offshore in the Caspian Sea I went vegan as the daily Kazakh "beef" goulash slop was unbearable. Healthier food can't be a bad thing?
Originally Posted by EdM
Seems a healthier Marine would be a better Marine? When I was working 28/12 rotations offshore in the Caspian Sea I went vegan as the daily Kazakh "beef" goulash slop was unbearable. Healthier food can't be a bad thing?

So I'm guessing your 17 year old son is a vegan?
Originally Posted by EdM

Burn 2,000-5,000 calories per day (or more) as a vegan, in the field, getting shot at, and get back to us.

Sounds like you had hot chow, too. Try eating everything out of an MRE bag for days on end.

You get to go home at all in that year? See your wife? Do you have a target on your work site 24/7? Did you have a drink in that time? Pussy?

Food IS morale.

Those who have never experienced it will have a hard time even beginning to understand. I have been on a repair ship that took four 48 degree rolls back to back. 49 hours at GQ repairing damage and two cold meals to keep us happy.
Posted By: EdM Re: Banning fried food in the Navy - 07/18/15
Originally Posted by EdM

So I'm guessing your 17 year old son is a vegan?

Yes and he is sixteen for a few more weeks. As lean as he has ever been getting the Italian genes...
Originally Posted by IntruderBN
I guess Barney Clarks will no longer be on the menu up in the dirty shirt...

My favorite! IT just keeps going and no way to stop it. Oh, wait, we could VOTE to keep democrats OUT instead of staying home or voting for a third party candidate kook.
Never been in the military, but I have seen the sun rise twice in a shift working on commercial fishing boats more than once. Try to feed me a salad after that and it won't go well.

It still doesn't compare to what our military boys endure. Fugg with their food? Ridiculous.

If their fatties, cut them out. Don't "fix" the meals for everyone else.

The Legion sings about sausage and Napoleon's imperial guard made the bayonet assault singing about fried onions!!! Those crazy frogs!!

Food! Food!!! Food!!!!

And to think of that absurd idea that an army marches on its stomach.
Christ what is this world coming to??????????

I have never seen a country jump to banning everything so quickly, without a dictator making a coup. miles
And to think of that absurd idea that an army marches on its stomach.

In a book about trying to find the Northwest passage, and they got iced in for a year, the favorite meal was sowbelly. They craved the fat and wanted it over steak or any other food. People that are vegan and want to make everybody else one, can kiss my ass. Same about fried foods. Just think when they want to kill a baby, it is my body my choice, but when it is food, do as I say. Strange people out there. miles

Well they could ban concrete pumps and you'd have to go back to wheelbarrows..

Hows that sand again?
I will tell you this, there are only two things I can think of that boost morale in a combat zone(I was in Ramadi in 2005) and that's eating at a good chow hall and mail call. That's it. Killing a bastard that definitely needed it is good, but nothing like chow and mail.

I guarantee I needed some extra fat when I was there. Lost over 30lbs.

Horse Cock is good for you. grin

There I changed it for you. That was the proper name for it when I was in the Navy.
Originally Posted by EdM

Healthy food is a good thing.
But so are options.

Options just seem to have a "let freedom ring" ring to them that most Americans seem to have abandoned.

Fried chicken smashed taters and gravy here tonight.
Mmmm mmm good.
I think people should stfu and eat.

Originally Posted by W7ACT

Horse Cock is good for you. grin

There I changed it for you. That was the proper name for it when I was in the Navy.

Yep. The two brothers were home on leave at the same time after WW2. At the dinner table that night with mom and dad and after giving thanks (they did that back then you know).

The swabby said, "Brother, pass the horse co.., uh, baloney".

His brother the grunt said, "Ha, ha,ha. Almost fugged up, huh?"
© 24hourcampfire