Home
WTF is going on with all of these buffler accosting tourists? Why have you not thinned the herd and tamed these bastids? (Buffalo, not the tourists).

You've got enough smoke poles to do a Buffalo Bill Wild West Show all by yourself, yet stupid city folk are not safe to perform assinine stunts around wild animals without consequence.

Get to work, damn you! smile
ET, sounds like we need to embark on another buffler extermination mission!
Hmmm....

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by jorgeI
ET, sounds like we need to embark on another buffler extermination mission!

Count me in (again), gentlemen. My freezer is dang near empty, and they aren't gonna let me bring any meat back from Zim.
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Hmmm....

[Linked Image]

HOLY SCHIT! Is that even real? That wood is extraordinary!
Looks weak at the wrist....just sayin’ grin
Originally Posted by 4ager
[quote=tex_n_cal]

The amazing part is it's only "Extra Fancy" not "presentation" grade smile

ET refers to it as "Tex's Friday Night Go to the Whorehouse Rifle" smirk

And no, the wrist is not weak, it's quite sturdy, as you'd expect on an 1874

[Linked Image]

I have carried it deer hunting once, looked at it and decided it was just silly to shoot 150 lb deer with 500 grain bullets.

[quote=tex_n_cal]

[Linked Image]

I have carried it deer hunting once, looked at it and decided it was just silly to shoot 150 lb deer with 500 grain bullets.

Silly would be just fine.

If that's not presentation grade, I'd truly love to see what is.
ET must be hiding in shame. No answer.
my heart goes out to the poor buffalo, having to deal with tourists like that. Hope the poor animal comes out of this alive. laugh
[quote=tex_n_cal]

[Linked Image]

You could always drop down to a 400 grain bullet. grin
Nothing wrong with the big bricks. I'll be deer hunting this year with a 530 gr PP in the 110 and a 420 gr greaser outta the 86 Win 45/90.These guns shine with big bullets and heavy charges anything else is blasphemy. grin... BTW Tex all you need are a few scratches on that beauty! wink
A REAL man would put on a wolf costume and stampede them over Yellowstone Falls.
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Nothing wrong with the big bricks. I'll be deer hunting this year with a 530 gr PP in the 110 and a 420 gr greaser outta the 86 Win 45/90.These guns shine with big bullets and heavy charges anything else is blasphemy. grin... BTW Tex all you need are a few scratches on that beauty! wink

scratches? Wassat? smile

No I'm not gonna shoot a 150lb deer with a 500 or even 400 grain bullet.

I'm going to do it with a .38-55...which of course is how one justifies another rifle...

smirk
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Looks weak at the wrist....just sayin’ grin

It can't be anything else.
Hmmm....

[Linked Image]

You REALLY Suck! wink

I'd seriously love to have that rifle!!!
Hmmm....

[Linked Image]

Dayom. Ive seen presentation not near that nice.

Now that statement is just plain silly, If'n I can cap a skunk with a 230grn .45 Shirley you can cap a whitetail with a buffler gun.
grinWuz out enjoying a perfek day yesterday Doc. I have had my secret skwerls indoctrinate the Jellystone buffler to horn the asses of big city idiots. Extermination expedition is currently in conspiracy stage. Tex don't have that rifle to kill stuff, he has it for his Friday nights at the whorehouse grin
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Now that statement is just plain silly, If'n I can cap a skunk with a 230grn .45 Shirley you can cap a whitetail with a buffler gun.
don't call him Shirley ... lol
I think I'd have to buy another freezer if I smoke a buffler. Unless of course a herd of people help me eat it. smile
Indeed, Patrick! There' a powerful bunch of meat on a buffler, even a 2-1/2 year old heifer such as I shot (as did JorgeI and EvilTwin on that hunt). It helps to have protein-hungry relatives who love to eat buffler to take some of it off your hands.
I wa eyeballing a beautiful Dakota mini-Sharps in 38-55 at a gunshow in Spokane a couple of weeks ago. The guy wanted $3500 for it and it had stunning wood rarely seen on Dakota's these days.
Doc and I were ogling drooling on a similar gun at Dakota's booth, at DSC. It was plum purty smile

The Italian mini-Sharps are pretty funky, but Dakota's is very well done. And cost 3x-4x as much. I've got two .45-90's, which are fine for bigger stuff, but I would at some point like to add a .38-55 or .40 cal BPCR, maybe a lighter style rifle, too.

I also have a couple of .25-20's, which I could use on deer, too... smirk
My Sharps is in 45-70. The little one only weights about 12 lbs.
I bought it to hunt with some, so a deer will go down in Nov. with mine. Yes, Pat I don't have your stock so it's a user.

grin
© 24hourcampfire