Posted By: EZEARL 36 Heros - 07/27/15
Finally coming home.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/re...rines-from-wwii-battle-return/ar-AAdxjEs
Posted By: 12344mag Re: 36 Heros - 07/27/15
Welcome home soldiers, RIP.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: 36 Heros - 07/27/15
Amen.
Posted By: Scott F Re: 36 Heros - 07/27/15
RIP marines. Real heroes who gave their all. I am glad they get to rest back home.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: 36 Heros - 07/28/15
Welcome home men. A grateful nation sends it's thanks. RIP.
Posted By: T LEE Re: 36 Heros - 07/28/15
Another hearty AMEN.
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: 36 Heros - 07/28/15
""It was also the first contested landing against a heavily fortified enemy, and a turning point in the development in our amphibious capability. The lessons learned at Tarawa paved the way for our success in the Pacific campaign and eventual end to the war," Dunford said."

In boot camp, the "Marine Corps History and Tradition" class was taught by a guy who survived Tarawa and went on to other islands.

He said Tarawa was the worst, by far.

Semper Fi
Posted By: EvilTwin Re: 36 Heros - 07/28/15
Slain in desparate Battle 72 years ago. buried anonymously for 72 years now returned to the Loving Arms of their Families, Marine Corps and Nation. Yet their rest is not complete until their Brothers in Battle are brought home. I feel incredible sadness and Pride.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 36 Heros - 07/28/15
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Slain in desparate Battle 72 years ago. buried anonymously for 72 years now returned to the Loving Arms of their Families, Marine Corps and Nation. Yet their rest is not complete until their Brothers in Battle are brought home. I feel incredible sadness and Pride.

^^^^^^^^^

This.
© 24hourcampfire